JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Dec 16 2010

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 316827 times)

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
something else (for now)
« Reply #760 on: August 15, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »
@JFC: thanks for the info... man, if i live in japan, i might end up a vegetarian! :lol:

@lollipopgirl: yeah... i need to ask... if you didn't ask for a translation, i wouldn't translate that thing... :lol:

@mads: yeah... M.A.S will be more active in the coming chapters... i think...

thanks for trying...

here's the translation: translated tagalog fic

i wasn't sure where to place it since it has a hint of pervyness so i decided to put it up on my blog... for the benefit of the young and the old...

comments are welcome here or there or both... :lol:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:17:47 PM by tru_harmony »

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
Re: Runaway from the Past
« Reply #761 on: August 15, 2008, 07:08:19 AM »
Just finished reading the translated verson
I freaking loved it!!!  :D

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #762 on: August 15, 2008, 07:29:49 AM »
Love the translated fic! So beautiful!!!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
Re: Runaway from the Past (once more)
« Reply #763 on: August 15, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
I'm glad I received good feedback from my totally-random-idea-fic Holiness... My brain kinda needed a break from all the RFP that's going on... :lol:

@strawb3rrykream and heyyouhiya: thank you for reading it. I'm glad you both liked it.

apologies everyone... i'm suffering a terrible headache... this is a transitory phase for the fic... expect the worst...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayaka grabbed Mai's arms with urgency. She knew what Mai was mad about but it wasn't appropriate to talk about these things in Rika's presence. "Yoshiko... ah... Maichin and I will be preparing the conference room now... Here's Rika..."

Ayaka shoved Rika into the room seconds before she and Ayumi toiled to drag a protesting Mai away from the office and as far as possible from Rika's auditory range.

From behind the office doors, Mai yelled to Hitomi a warning for what was coming her way this lunch break. "You better find yourself a helmet, Yoshiko!"

"What was that all about?" Hitomi, confused about the whole ordeal, asked Rika who was equally confused.

“I don’t know…” Rika smoothed the creases of her dress.  The fabric hugged Rika’s body in all the right places. Hitomi smiled knowing she picked the right dress.

“Anyway… Here… I can’t take this” Rika tried handing the wallet to Hitomi but the prince just looked at her without receiving the item.

"Ka-chan, if you don't keep that wallet, you're telling me that you don't love me." Hitomi crossed her arms.

Rika gave up, putting the wallet in her purse. "Fine..."

"Good..." Hitomi went to her desk, arranging and reviewing some papers.

Rika took the liberty of sitting down on the couch in the office. She didn't want to disturb Hitomi while she was hard at work. This seemed to be a very important meeting. The sharp ringing of the telephone broke the silence that engulfed the room. Hitomi quickly picked it up to prevent it from producing that shrill annoying sound again.

“Yes, Ayaka? … Matsuura-san can’t make it? …Hmm… Who will stand in her place? … I see… Yes… Yes… That would be fine… Thank you…Hm? … Oh… Okay… I’ll tell her… Yeah… I won’t forget….” Hitomi gently returned the handset to its proper place. Ayaya won’t be able to make it. Apparently, she’s called for an emergency meeting with her legal team… and…  Ayaya said hi…”

“Oh…That’s too bad… I was looking forward to seeing Ayaya and Miki-chan again…”

“Ka-chan… I said Ayaya won’t be able to make it… Fujimoto will be there. She’ll stand in Ayaya’s place.”

===

“Oi, Aya! What the hell is going one here?” Miki yelled the heavy wooden doors of Ayaya’s office where the president of Matsuura Motors locked herself and the entire legal team up.

Miki was confused. Ayaya told her to come over to the office at this hour as they were going to meet with Hitomi and Rika after business matters then all of a sudden, Ayaya said that she have to would represent Matsuura Motors.

The doors suddenly creaked open but it was not Ayaya who’s head popped out of the opening rather one of the servants that Ayaya brought with her to serve food for the legal team.

“Miki-sama, Ayaya-sama is very busy right now. An unforeseen crisis that may sever her ties with Yoshizawa-sama has arisen. You will not need to do much as it is really the new board members who are going to be addressed by Yoshizawa-sama.”

Unforeseen crisis?

“Please bear with her. As for the crisis, please make no mention of it at the conference. Ayaya-sama promises to make it up to you as soon as all problems have been resolved.”

“Fine… Just tell Ayaya that she’ll have to bring in the goods to make up for this…” Miki turned her back to the office and started walking to the conference room where the technicians were setting up for the video conference.

Almost all of the remaining board members have shown up. From 64 members, only 28 have remained after the mass-buy out that Ayaya and Hitomi orchestrated. Those two have almost complete control over this company.

I wonder what kind of crisis can sever the ties between those two

==

Jin was fuming inside the limousine. The roads were swamped with cars and there was no way he can make it to either offices of the Yoshizawa group or Matsuura Motors. He kept on looking at the slip of paper doubting the authenticity of the news. Was it pure coincidence?

“Could it be that… hmm… that girl…” Jin spoke to himself inside the vehicle. “Ishikawa’s daughter… …?”

If that is the case, fate is on my side
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:17:52 PM by tru_harmony »

Offline hotohori

• Member+
  • yossie XD *dokidoki*
« Reply #764 on: August 15, 2008, 11:11:40 PM »
Hmm...wonder what the crisis is :dunno:
and the conference with Miki could be interesting :glasses:

Anyway take a Aspirin for your headache and rest well  :bingo:

Hope the next update will come soon  :hee:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #765 on: August 16, 2008, 04:20:06 AM »
Ayaka grabbed Mai's arms with urgency. She knew what Mai was mad about but it wasn't appropriate to talk about these things in Rika's presence. "Yoshiko... ah... Maichin and I will be preparing the conference room now... Here's Rika..."

Ayaka shoved Rika into the room seconds before she and Ayumi toiled to drag a protesting Mai away from the office and as far as possible from Rika's auditory range.

From behind the office doors, Mai yelled to Hitomi a warning for what was coming her way this lunch break. "You better find yourself a helmet, Yoshiko!"

"What was that all about?" Hitomi, confused about the whole ordeal,
Picturing this...and it's major ROFLs.
Mai =  :mon mad:
Yossi =  :mon one:

"Ka-chan, if you don't keep that wallet, you're telling me that you don't love me." Hitomi crossed her arms.

Rika gave up, putting the wallet in her purse. "Fine..."

"Good..." Hitomi went to her desk, arranging and reviewing some papers.
First time I've heard a woman turn down a wallet with money/credit cards. Then again, it's also the first time I've heard "the partner" say the woman had to keep it. XD

Apparently, she’s called for an emergency meeting with her legal team… and…  Ayaya said hi…”

“Oh…That’s too bad… I was looking forward to seeing Ayaya and Miki-chan again…”

“Ka-chan… I said Ayaya won’t be able to make it… Fujimoto will be there. She’ll stand in Ayaya’s place.”
Oh boy. :O

“Miki-sama, Ayaya-sama is very busy right now. An unforeseen crisis that may sever her ties with Yoshizawa-sama has arisen. You will not need to do much as it is really the new board members who are going to be addressed by Yoshizawa-sama.”
"Unforseen crisis?"

That can't be good.  :(

Ayaya-sama promises to make it up to you as soon as all problems have been resolved.”

“Fine… Just tell Ayaya that she’ll have to bring in the goods to make up for this…”
I wonder if the assistant knows what Aya "meant" by this? ;D

Jin was fuming inside the limousine. The roads were swamped with cars and there was no way he can make it to either offices of the Yoshizawa group or Matsuura Motors. He kept on looking at the slip of paper doubting the authenticity of the news. Was it pure coincidence?

“Could it be that… hmm… that girl…” Jin spoke to himself inside the vehicle. “Ishikawa’s daughter… …?”

If that is the case, fate is on my side
Oooooooooooh...he's even more involved than we thought, isn't he? :banghead:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #766 on: August 16, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »
Lol, Mai! I don't know what it is about her but all the things in your fic seem real!!! XD Ayaka's all, "Here's Rika!!!" Whoa, Miki's representing Matsuura Motors??? Must be some crisis. I'm afraid of what's wrong. JIN!!!!!!!! :angry: Shit, does he have anything to do with it??? :shocked: He better keep his ass AWAY! :thumbdown:

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #767 on: August 16, 2008, 09:04:57 AM »
lol I get it! Mai thinks Yoshi took advantage of Rika so wants to hit her... hard XD

I am dying to know what the hell is up with the Ishikawa/Yoshizawa/Matsuura bussiness scandal cause I know it reeks involvement from at least two out of three parties..

Why doesn't what'shername just let Yoshi buy Rika off them? I know it wont do wonders for her self esteem to be bought and sold like an animal but c'mon at least we wont need to worry about them anymore. And I am glad we are finally shifting focus back to Yoshi's side of the spectrum as I was sick of all the Ishikawa ish family.

Also I am pretty sure that the ppl Jin was yelling at before last chapter were the Eyes as you can tell from the eye allusion/threat. I hope they keep the info private long enough to tell Yoshi. And isn't it time that third came back? C'mon, how long will it stay as that night in America? She could've gone and come three times by now.

I just hope the denuement comes soon.. I yearn for answers.

also, if you're gonna start writing in Pinnoy I'ma start writing Greek! XP So stay with the English capiche? *pimp smiley* XD
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #768 on: August 17, 2008, 12:33:57 AM »
@hotohori: interesting? ... hmmm... maybe....

@JFC: XD... i love reading your comments... they give me transition chapter inspirations... :lol:

@strawb3rrykream: real? of course it's real! j/k ... well it is in my brain... :lol:

@sweeety: ... that might be it... i can't wait for lunch... ... yossui and rika don't know anything about mayumi's plans or motives... both of them are just being cautious because she's hurt rika before and she can do it again... yes, it's the Eyes he's yelling at... Shark's hesitation to tell Yossui about their 'job' is messing things up... but i can't blame her... three has some other things to check out...

general consensus: business scandal is huge... but it is only an aftershock of mistakes made years ago and earlier this month...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rika stared up the screens in the conference hall. There were people from all over the world who were seated in their own conference rooms, waiting for the meeting to commence. All of them were on except two. She then gazed at Hitomi who was standing beside the podium waiting for everybody to get settled.

She was assigned to the seat to Hitomi's right. She didn't understand why she had to sit there. She didn't have anything to do with business. But then again, she complied anyway as she didn't want to be seated a meter away from Hitomi at the very least..

Rika stood up and fixed Hitomi's tie. "You're getting tense... it's off center, see?"

"There are still some opposition in Matsuura's... ... Thanks..."

Rika slowly buttoned up Hitomi's suit and smoothed its collar. "Don't worry about them... They don't stand a chance against you... You're such a kakkoi president..."

Hitomi smiled but behind the happy expression on her face, was a bit of anxiety. Rika didn't know this but Hitomi was going to introduce her as the new member of the Matsuura Motors board. She just wanted everything to sail smoothly. She and Ayaya have agreed to keep the ten million US dollar investment secret. Hitomi knew Ayaya herself would take all precautions to keep the new investor anonymous until everything has been ironed out. Without word from Ayaya, Hitomi knew there were no more problems especially with most of the stubborn old goats out of the Matsuura board. Another thing that worried her was Ayumi who had warned her against getting Rika involved in business. Hitomi expected the worst possible punishment from Ayumi later. She still didn't know but in this meeting she was going to find out.

Suddenly, from each of the screens, a representative of each regional board gave their greeting to the company president.

"Good day, Yoshizawa-san..."

"Good day to all of you. It is pleasant that I meet you all again. I am exceptionally happy today, that Yoshizawa Ken-san is here to join us for this meeting. Good day to you at Tokyo."

One of the screens that were turned off lit up to life. Ken was seated at a round table with the Tokyo Board. "Good day, Yoshizawa-Hitomi-san."

Ken looked even more dashing in the suit that he wore. As handsome as he is, to Rika, Hitomi was still more kakkoi.

Hitomi looked towards the other attendees. "Unfortunately, Mastuura Ayaya-san, the president our newest ally in the aviation industry cannot make it to today's conference but I trust that she will communicate with you as soon as her circumstances permit her. In her place today would be the vice president on operations of Matsuura Motors and chief aviation safety officer of Y.M. AviMotocor, Fujimoto Miki-san.

The projector to the last screen was turned on. Miki and the board of Matsuura Motors appeared on the screen.

"Yoshizawa-san, good day." Miki bowed to Hitomi and received the same gesture. "It is a shame that Matsuura-san cannot make it. But I will do my best to stand in her place."

"Thank you, Fujimoto-san."

Rika looked at the woman her love spoke to. From the expressions on their faces, you wouldn't be able to tell that they have had a tumultuous relationship in the past. It's either they've really gotten over it or they're professional actresses.

Rika was impressed by Miki's mastery of Ayaya's work. She spoke with authority and knowledgeability. Her presence demanded respect. She seemed like a no-nonesense person.

Apparently, Miki noticed Rika's awed gaze and she let a smile slip from her lips for a moment.

Each of the officer-in-charge from the different international offices gave their reports to Hitomi. She expected to hear of some irregularities especially with the economic crises going on all over the world. She also expected to hear some snorts and snickers from the old goats. But she heard neither.

Finally, the meeting is almost over. Hitomi stood up and called for everyone's attention. "You may have noticed a slight reshuffle on the side of our friends at Matsuura Motors. With the merger, some of their investors have decided to relinquish their stakes at the company. Despite this bad news, I am glad to announce that they will not leave the company paralyzed as new investors have chosen to entrust their capital to us. Among them are members of my staff, Satoda Mai, Kimura Ayaka, Shibata Ayumi of daughter of Shibata Financial Conglomerate--"

Hitomi's introduction was interupted by the loud slamming open of a door at Matsuura's. At the door was Jin, still catching his breath and drenched in sweat. Apparently he ran to the office from wherever. "Hitomi!!"

Miki, alert quickly apologized to all the parties present and went offline immediately.

Board members from other countries were surprised by this and looked to Hitomi for answers.

"I am sorry for that disruption. We cannot proceed with the meeting without Matsuura's party. We will continue with this meeting as soon as it is most convinient to all. Again, I am deeply sorry."

Simultaneously, all screens were shut off. The whole Yoshizawa executive board was offline.

Hitomi had her fist clenched. What on earth is he thinking?! "Gomen, Rika-chan..."

"Won't we be talking to Ken anymore?"

"We will... I just had a link set up in my office before the meeting. We will meet up with Ken there."

Rika was relieved. More than business, seeing and speaking with Ken was important.

Hitomi thought that her whole day was ruined by her father but surprisingly, a smile managed to escape her lips at seeing Rika being excited about seeing her brother. She really isn't the business type

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CHARMY PREVAILS!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 02:01:00 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline firemore

« Reply #769 on: August 17, 2008, 02:57:02 AM »
darn just as i expected, the meeting couldnt go smoothly

Offline wings4dreams

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #770 on: August 17, 2008, 03:08:52 AM »
lol I really like how Hitomi and Rika balance each other out so well...

Hitomi has a real sharp, professional,  demeanor who focuses so seriously on the business end of things while Rika is softer and less corporate who cares about things like relationships and family.  The two of them need each other so badly it makes you wonder how they were able to go through the first part of their life without the other being there...

sheesh, look at me rambling on, especially since I haven't read any fics in a while and am sorely behind in this one, but the interactions between Ishiyoshi (however simple) in all your chapters really strike a cord with me. 

She really isn't the business type
   nope but that's why she's perfect for you Hitomi...:hee:

Offline hotohori

• Member+
  • yossie XD *dokidoki*
« Reply #771 on: August 17, 2008, 11:26:57 AM »
Yossie is sooo kakkoi  :luvluv1:

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #772 on: August 17, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »
Well, the meeting seemed to go well until JIN :angry: popped up. I wonder why the hell he was at Matsuura Motors! But professional Miki is hotness!!! Love how Yossy is more kakkoii than her brother! :lol:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #773 on: August 18, 2008, 04:03:48 PM »
darn just as i expected, the meeting couldnt go smoothly
if things would go smoothly, i might as well end this fic here and now... joke... :lol: ... but really... this is the break i've been waitin for...

lol I really like how Hitomi and Rika balance each other out so well...

Hitomi has a real sharp, professional,  demeanor who focuses so seriously on the business end of things while Rika is softer and less corporate who cares about things like relationships and family.  The two of them need each other so badly it makes you wonder how they were able to go through the first part of their life without the other being there...

sheesh, look at me rambling on, especially since I haven't read any fics in a while and am sorely behind in this one, but the interactions between Ishiyoshi (however simple) in all your chapters really strike a cord with me. 

She really isn't the business type
   nope but that's why she's perfect for you Hitomi...:hee:
after reading your fic's latest chapter, reading a comment like this from you inspires me to work harder... thanks! off topic: WCaHc is awesome...

Yossie is sooo kakkoi  :luvluv1:
i know! :luvluv1:

Well, the meeting seemed to go well until JIN :angry: popped up. I wonder why the hell he was at Matsuura Motors! But professional Miki is hotness!!! Love how Yossy is more kakkoii than her brother! :lol:
... this appearance by jin is the start of something... and since i don't think i can extrapolate on this on the fic, i'll explain it here: he was stuck in traffic remember? he really wanted to get to the meeting. it just so happens that Matsuura's was closer. He half-ran-half-commuted to the building...

damn... i was half-way through an update when my laptop froze... and i was like, FTW?!?!

so... i'mma type it up again to the best that my memory can hold out... i hate it when that happens...

this update is shorter than my earlier attempt... i forgot some words here and there... :lol: a short update from a side of the world i didn't expect i'd write about...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miki quickly bowed in apology to the board who were confused with the sudden shut down of their link with the rest of the world. "I'm sorry everyone. Due to unintended circumstances, we must adjourn the meeting today. We will keep in touch with you for the schedule of the next meeting. As representative of Matsuura Aya-san, I am deeply sorry. I hope to see you again in our subsequent meetings. Good day."

She then turned to Jin who has just caught his breath. She grabbed him by the collar and discreetly dragged him to an adjacent room.

As soon as the the doors were shut, she glared at him. "WHAT THE HELL?!?!" Her voice echoed in the room and most likely, she could be heard outside. Miki knew it but she didn't care.

Jin, shocked, couldn't respond. He had never seen Miki like this even if he had witnessed quarrels between her and Hitomi during their time as a couple.

"I'm asking you, what the hell is wrong with you, old goat? You think you own this place?" Miki crossed her arms, talking straight to the face of the father of her ex. "Don't think you can just barge into meetings like that, old man! THIS ISN'T A YOSHIZAWA OFFICE!!!"

"How dare you... " was all Jin could manage to say.

"No... How dare YOU!"

"Just wait until your father hears about this..."

"TELL HIM! Go ahead! See if I care... If you want, I'll call him myself!" Miki took out her cellphone and dialled her father's number. "Oi. Yeah, it's me. Don't get all mushy with me. I have no plans of speaking to you, really. Your friend's here. I think he wants to tell on me." Miki called to Jin. "Oi, old goat, heads up!" Miki threw her phone to Jin's direction before looking the other way.

"Itai!" The cellphone hit Jin square on the forehead before it fell to the floor. Jin quickly picked up the phone. Surely, it was his associate. "Fujimoto. Yes, it's me... I'm at Matsuura's. Your daughter here threw her phone at me... ... What do I plan to do about it?! I had her call YOU so YOU can do something about it! What?! ... Hitomi didn't tell me! What?! ... damn..."

Miki could only grin at hearing Jin conversing with her father. She just wished she could have spoken to him like that when she and Hitomi were still together. That would have been something.

Jin hung up, defeated. Apparently, Miki's father could do nothing. Miki has moved out of the family residence a while back and they haven't spoken for more than a month. He handed the phone back to Miki as he staggered to the door. He needed a breath of fresh air as his migraine was starting to kick in.

Kabutomushi would've been proud of me if she saw me kick his ass Miki smiled to herself as she watched Jin walk away.

"Have a nice day, Ms. Vice President..."

edit:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MIKI PREVAILS!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:04:59 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #774 on: August 18, 2008, 04:13:02 PM »
Oh, so that's why he was at Matsuura! :lol:
OH YEAH!!!! :farofflook: MIKI-SAMA!!! She kicks ass, it's just that simple!!! I just love how she calls her own dad and all that! Kabutomushi isn't the only one whose proud of you!! :mon inluv:
Love you tru!! :heart:

Offline Rhysky

« Reply #775 on: August 18, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »
wow... a super strong career girl... well done miki...  :k-great:

deserve those old goats right... jus get them all out from the board... haha... :hiakhiakhiak:

tru_harmony u're a veri good writer... keep it up...  :luvuluvu:
1st: (^^) Yomiki (^^)
2nd: >< Yomaki ><
3rd: D: Charmikkity :D
4th: (: Ishiyoshi :)

Offline hotohori

• Member+
  • yossie XD *dokidoki*
« Reply #776 on: August 18, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »
YEAAH !!

Our Miki-sama kicked his ass  :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak:

Totally in love with this side of her  :luvluv1:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #777 on: August 18, 2008, 09:16:53 PM »
Kabutomushi would've been proud of me if she saw me kick his ass Miki smiled to herself as she watched Jin walk away
Awww, Miki isn't as cold hearted to Yossy as she seemed to be before :heart:
I love how strong & determined Miki is in this  :mon inluv:
I waiting for the doom to kick in seeing you  keep saying be prepared, so each time I read an update I'm holding my breath hoping that it's not in this one and every little thing that happens I think maybe it will turn out to be a bad thing... Like now, I'm thinking Miki and Yossy get a little something something on again... Despite that being unlikely coz of ur IshiYoshiness XD

I think I'm going insane with this impending doom :lol:

Offline firemore

« Reply #778 on: August 19, 2008, 12:14:01 AM »
as expected from miki-sama, so cool that makes me admire you more

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #779 on: August 19, 2008, 04:32:24 AM »
Rika stared up the screens in the conference hall. There were people from all over the world who were seated in their own conference rooms, waiting for the meeting to commence. All of them were on except two. She then gazed at Hitomi who was standing beside the podium waiting for everybody to get settled.
So who's missing? :?

Rika didn't know this but Hitomi was going to introduce her as the new member of the Matsuura Motors board.
Uh-oh. This might not be the best move to do (at least not without informing Rika). It doesn't exactly inspire confidence when you introduce a new board member and he/she seems just as shocked at the announcement as the rest of the board members are.

Another thing that worried her was Ayumi who had warned her against getting Rika involved in business.
Well, nevermind the fact that Rika's a complete unknown to the other board members. You can't exactly expect them to have full trust/confidence in someone that they've only just met. There's also the potential for a lot of shit to go down if/when the other board members find out that Rika and Yossi are a couple (ie. accusations of using Rika as a puppet to illegally gain control of the company, etc).  Yossi could be putting a big target spot on Rika's head right now.

One of the screens that were turned off lit up to life. Ken was seated at a round table with the Tokyo Board. "Good day, Yoshizawa-Hitomi-san."

The projector to the last screen was turned on. Miki and the board of Matsuura Motors appeared on the screen..
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Smart move. By waiting until the last minute to connect to Matsuura Motors, she can minimize the speculation from the others regarding Aya's absence.

Rika looked at the woman her love spoke to. From the expressions on their faces, you wouldn't be able to tell that they have had a tumultuous relationship in the past. It's either they've really gotten over it or they're professional actresses.
It's probably a bit of both. Sure they probably didn't part on the best of terms, but it's not like their entire relationship was all bad, right?

Besides, right now, this is business, not personal.

Hitomi's introduction was interupted by the loud slamming open of a door at Matsuura's. At the door was Jin, still catching his breath and drenched in sweat. Apparently he ran to the office from wherever. "Hitomi!!"
What the frak?!?!?
:mon fierce:

Miki, alert quickly apologized to all the parties present and went offline immediately.

Board members from other countries were surprised by this and looked to Hitomi for answers.

"I am sorry for that disruption. We cannot proceed with the meeting without Matsuura's party. We will continue with this meeting as soon as it is most convinient to all. Again, I am deeply sorry."

Simultaneously, all screens were shut off. The whole Yoshizawa executive board was offline.
Miki-sama with the save!
:cool1:

"Won't we be talking to Ken anymore?"

"We will... I just had a link set up in my office before the meeting. We will meet up with Ken there."

Rika was relieved. More than business, seeing and speaking with Ken was important.

Hitomi thought that her whole day was ruined by her father but surprisingly, a smile managed to escape her lips at seeing Rika being excited about seeing her brother. She really isn't the business type
That's not such a bad thing.  :wub:

"I'm asking you, what the hell is wrong with you, old goat? You think you own this place?" Miki crossed her arms, talking straight to the face of the father of her ex. "Don't think you can just barge into meetings like that, old man! THIS ISN'T A YOSHIZAWA OFFICE!!!"
Frakkin' hell, Jin actually thinks that he's got authority in another person's company just because he's an acquaintance? He's got some SERIOUS control issues (namely being, he thinks he still has/should have some).

"How dare you... " was all Jin could manage to say.

"No... How dare YOU!"

"Just wait until your father hears about this..."

"TELL HIM! Go ahead! See if I care... If you want, I'll call him myself!" Miki took out her cellphone and dialled her father's number. "Oi. Yeah, it's me. Don't get all mushy with me. I have no plans of speaking to you, really. Your friend's here. I think he wants to tell on me." Miki called to Jin. "Oi, old goat, heads up!" Miki threw her phone to Jin's direction before looking the other way.

"Itai!" The cellphone hit Jin square on the forehead before it fell to the floor. Jin quickly picked up the phone. Surely, it was his associate. "Fujimoto. Yes, it's me... I'm at Matsuura's. Your daughter here threw her phone at me... ... What do I plan to do about it?! I had her call YOU so YOU can do something about it! What?! ... Hitomi didn't tell me! What?! ... damn..."
Neither Miki nor Yossi under their parents' roofs anymore. They've obviously grown up and are running their respective businesses on their own. Miki's dad appears to have realized this, and has obviously given up trying to control Miki's life. Unfortunately, it appears that this is a concept that Jin can't seem to grasp. 

Man, all this talk about goat...kinda makes me crave Caribbean food. :D

Jin hung up, defeated. Apparently, Miki's father could do nothing. Miki has moved out of the family residence a while back and they haven't spoken for more than a month. He handed the phone back to Miki as he staggered to the door. He needed a breath of fresh air as his migraine was starting to kick in.

Kabutomushi would've been proud of me if she saw me kick his ass Miki smiled to herself as she watched Jin walk away.

"Have a nice day, Ms. Vice President..."
HELLZ YEAH! POINT MIKI! :rockon:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CHARMY PREVAILS!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Actually, in this particular chapter...MIKI PREVAILS!!!

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Dec 16 2010