JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Iwata Sayuri - Saigo no Love Letter

Author Topic: [News] Elder Club members graduating next year  (Read 41357 times)

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [News] Elder Club members graduating next year
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
I can't say I'm shocked. You could feel this coming.

I wish them all the best. If Melon stays together they might even be more succesful under another label.

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 11:31:20 AM »
Coming back from work.. Seeing this news, made me so tired than i originally was. As long as they still have a future in the entertainment industry its all good.. I guess.. From the massive releases wasnt it kinda expected? *sigh* oh well.. I've let out my rage and despair already... There's still 5 months.. Who knows.. maybe there will be a mass recruitment from Labels to get the Great Elders in their company.

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »
Everytime it's mentioned as a 'mass graduation' I think of 'mass suicide'... Hmm, I wonder if they are making such a mistake that it will be like that for H!P... I guess it shouldn't really change much for sales of the remaining H!P though.

Totally sucks to be the OG eggs, originally it was awesome of them being put in a group and given the chance, and now they get caught up with all this and have to leave the other eggs... or do they!

If they recruiting UF Eggs and the graduated will still be with UFA does that mean that it'll just be cross-overs but the elders get to drop the idol name... ARGH, why must they be so vague and not give us more info noooow! Unless of course, they don't know themselves :P
Ok, thinking out loud now and I'll shut up!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »
Long Essay mode: ON

First reaction: "What the hell?!?!?"

Then I calmed down and thought about it logically and from a business standpoint and realized, that yes, it does make sense.

I can't imagine everyone's contracts just up and dissolving on the same day for everyone.  I know we all say UFA is dumb and idiotic, but I don't think they'd be insane enough to kick everyone out completely.  Therefore, I must conclude that the main purpose of this isn't to disband the groups and let everyone disappear from the public eye.

So what is this about?
1. Consolidating the H!P brand as U-20 idols and idol groups.
Instead of having to explain H!P as idols, idol groups and a bunch of soloists-who-used-to-be-idols-but-kinda-aren't-anymore-but-still-are-under-the-same-umbrella, you shorten that to the first two.

2. Freeing a bunch of girls from the label and stigma of being an "Hello! Project idol".
We know what a burden the label "idol" can be on these girls.  Not only does it restrict them from pursuing personal relationships, but it can also limit their credibility in other pursuits.  This way, they are free to do things like Hangry & Angry.  So, if they aren't idols anymore, what does that make H!P if they keep them in the same category?

3. Removing the need to have a big annual Elder Club concert that doesn't tour around for many performances, keeps them from doing soloist-type stuff, and could potentially be considered a drain on resources.
This one is a bit of a stretch, but it's altogether possible that the Elder Club concerts just weren't considered as profitable.  Instead of occupying 3 to 5 acts in one concert, they occupy over a dozen.  This way, they all will be free to do individual activities and events during that period.  Besides, the summer H!P concerts haven't included the Elder Club as a whole for a couple years now.

In my mind, this is kind of like re-organizing your media library and putting a chunks of it on separate HD partitions.  It's all still there, ready to be accessed, but it's in a different place under a different name.  I can see why they'd do all this reorganizing from a marketing and logistics standpoint, and it does make a good deal of sense. (Another analogy would be the US Air Force being split off from the US Army.)

This is kind of like rewriting a dictionary definition to be more precise.  We all knew that at least some members no longer (or never did) quite fits the general "Hello! Project" idea.  In particular, it would be a little of a stretch to continue calling Inaba, Maeda, Matsuura, MKB, Tsuji, Iida, Nakazawa, and Yasuda "idols".

Instead of flipping out and having scandals if/when more risqué things happen to these members, UFA can just say "oh, they're not really idols anymore, so they're free to do stuff like get married".  Even if it does become a scandal, whatever happens is insulated from everyone else.  (Going back to the separate HD analogy, if one fucks up, you don't lose all your data.  See: Abe Natsumi in 2004, group apology for)

With all that settled, the only questionable thing in my mind is the fate of Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
I guess they'll have to be renamed Gatas Brilhantes U.F. now?

...Is any of this analysis helpful to anyone else, or am I wasting my time on a tl;dr post?
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Ada

• Member+
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »
alas! so sudden and depressed news... :shocked:
This news makes me think that H!P give up them...
I can understand why the members just like MKB will be graduate
But I think that such as natsumi,aya, can still make money for H!P...
WHY??? PLEASE TELL ME WHY?!! WHY GIVE UP THEM?!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:51:10 AM by Ada »

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2008, 11:56:01 AM »
Slack,  nice post... I think in a way (after the initial shock) we are all thinking bits and pieces of that, but its nice to have it organized, and does put one at ease a bit more... but it's not completely confirmed atm that they will just be moved to some other 'agency' for them, right, other than the "they will stay with UFA" part? coz Maki was "staying" with UFA too, until the contract was up.
They could always do an annual UFA concert then, that would make me happy XD

So if they aren't idols anymore, does that mean IshiYoshi are free to go public? :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:59:01 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 11:56:45 AM »
@Slack: great post. The way you write it down makes much sense. Thank you.

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »
Slack: Thanks, you said what I wanted to say.

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2008, 12:14:27 PM »
Another simple theory I read on 2ch was, now they can make two fan clubs and earn twice as much as before  :lol:

But I don't know, the elders might stay in UFA and all, but I don't see them all being successful there, also not as soloists. Most sure didn't have much to do in H!P already but were at least able to perform at these Elder concerts and the joint concerts. Wonder if they risk putting effort into making a new UFA leaded group with elders.
For some it's a good chance to change though (like rika, miki, nacchi~) but as I said, I doubt all have a bright future now (maybe they're aware of this though).

Mhhhh I like to think of Berryz's new position within H!P now. :ph43r:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:19:33 PM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Miichan

• Love Nono! <3
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »
I was right. x_O They are killing H!P.

..and yeah I agree with Slack too~ XD

Offline gloopip

• e c o m o n i s t
  • Member+
  • ♥rika♥
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 12:36:49 PM »
WTF an Elder club graduation?!?

...wonder under what agency will they be after this.....

man,,, this news is so gonna end my H!P fandom,,, I'll follow rika/yossy/miki/aya .. so bye hellproject!

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2008, 12:40:49 PM »
So they're finally restructuring H!P.
Everyone was always predicting "The End." But to me this looks like they're trying to refresh the whole game again. I'm really not that surprised at all, H!P has been through a lot in the past 10 years, and like Slack stated, it's like cleaning out your media library (which is something I'm in major need of doing). And this also gives a chance for the people who have been just living in the shadows to do something, whatever that may be, with less association with a large group of kids and teens.

Hopefully we'll see some more news on this and see what the graduating members' plans are. That would probably shed a lot of light on all of this.

I don't really see a need for people to suddenly jump ship just yet. Unless of course you only like the member who are leaving, but then I don't think you can really call yourself an H!P fan, but more a fan of Elder Club.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:47:56 PM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2008, 12:51:28 PM »
They will continue their activities out of H!P
Jesus Christ! What activities? Two of them are happy moms and most of them were barely releasing. If it was hard to get a release for them under the big umbrella that was H!P for Up-Front, I don't see how they are gonna continue anything on Up-Front. That label is nothing but H!P, let's face it. They have a few artists that never make the charts because they probably don't even try. Up-Front is H!P, and if Elder group gets out of H!P, there is no activities to continue.

Plus, Up-Front is acting too late, just like they always do. It's been years since most of the Elder people were barely doing anything, barely releasing, or releasing non-Tsunku material, for which they've been left in the obscurity too much time already. This graduation comes late, and it is an end.

It wouldn't surprise me if Avex and others are already tempting some of the big names to transfer.

Offline Ahiko

• Member+
  • °C-ute Cutie Power = the BEST!
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 01:09:46 PM »
Hmm i would prefer Miki to sign to AVEX because i hope she can make anything after H!P! :)

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 01:15:38 PM »
Wake up and find this out. Holy Shit son. Somebody for my love of MKB pick them up.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 02:17:36 PM »
LOVE IS OVER

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 02:29:18 PM »
Goddamn. The end of an era. :(

No way UFA could let the likes of Aya, Rika and Miki go to other companies. Would go downhill pretty quickly. I only hope all of the girls affected by this go on to bigger and better things, meaning more publicity, and more airtime! And this better be true because I don't want girls like Yui, Erika, Yuko, Mai to never appear again :(

Funny though, now that they don't have the idol image, the floodgates will be open (so to speak) and they're gonna shag the hell out of any guy that's near. XD

Books a flight to Japan in 5 months

Offline DJ Maimai

• So jokes.
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIE!
:cry:
There go my dreams of Nono coming back.

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down."

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »
Funny though, now that they don't have the idol image, the floodgates will be open (so to speak) and they're gonna shag the hell out of any guy that's near. XD

Nah, they can just be more open about all the guys they're shagging already. :P

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Iwata Sayuri - Saigo no Love Letter