JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Go girl koi no victory

Author Topic: Samuel Jackson Headlining Last Dragon Remake as Sho’nuff  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Samuel Jackson Headlining Last Dragon Remake as Sho’nuff
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:10:22 PM »
Samuel Jackson Headlining Last Dragon Remake as Sho’nuff

Of all the films worthy of being remade, I never would've though The Last Dragon was one of them. Columbia Pictures is developing a remake of the cult 1985 film with none other than Samuel L. Jackson set to star as Sho’nuff, the Shogun of Harlem, a role played in the original by the late Julius Carry (as seen in the photo above). Wu-Tang Clan's RZA is co-producing with John Davis and Kerry Gordy while Dallas Jackson (of Uncle P) will write the screenplay. Jackson admits that he's "a huge fan of the original and look forward to bringing Sho'Nuff into the 21st century." From Afro Samurai to the Shogun of Harlem!

The plot will be updated but will follow a similar story as the original, centering on a martial arts student named Leroy Green and his quest through the streets of New York to achieve the highest level of martial arts accomplishment, known as the Last Dragon. Those who achieve the high ranking possess the Glow, making them the greatest fighter alive. Jackson's role, Sho’nuff, is one of the thugs that Green must fight along the way. Columbia is ramping up production on The Last Dragon to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Motown next year.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/10/30/samuel-jackson-headlining-last-dragon-remake-as-shonuff/

OG Sho'nuff (Julius Carry)

Sho'nuff - Trouble at Daddy Green's Pizza
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:31:27 PM by Masa »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Samuel Jackson Headlining Last Dragon Remake as Sho’nuff
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 05:30:10 PM »
That is fucking awesome

I wouldn't have mind if Busta Rhymes was Sho'Nuff either. 
word.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »
oh shit, this could be epic

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »
RZA eyes Chris Brown for 'Last Dragon' remake

Hip-hop maestro and executive producer RZA has been quoted as stating that he wants R&B singer Chris Brown to portray "Leroy Brown," aka "Bruce Leroy," in the upcoming remake of THE LAST DRAGON. He is also hoping to cast fellow R&B star Rihanna. RZA has already spoken to Brown and the singer has expressed his interest. "I holla’d at Chris and he seemed very interested,” said RZA while speaking to XXL. “I never—I didn’t holla at Rihanna. But I holla’d at Chris one day. You know we came across each other in the studio, and I saw him at one of those award shows, and I said, ‘I really got you at the top of the list to bring this character back’ and he said—that he actually loved the character. He said he loved Bruce Lee and he’s a fan of THE LAST DRAGON. I was like, wow, that’s cool cause there’s four of us that votes on it, but my vote is on him.”

The conversation took place before Brown was arrested and charged with felony assault against alleged victim and girlfriend Rihanna. Yet RZA told XXL that the controversy had not changed his mind. "I’m still with it. Yea, I think it adds even more of a dynamic so he could do good on the screen. I’m one of those kinds of directors though. I’m one of those kind of people that loves to get dynamic." In the original LAST DRAGON, Taimak portrayed a New York martial artist on a mission to discover the final mastery of martial arts known as the glow. Through a journey of music, comedy and martial arts action, he battles evil martial arts master Sho'nuff and rescues a beautiful singer from a corrupt music promoter.

In a recent interview with Kung Fu Cinema, Taimak stated that he will be making an appearance in the remake. Samuel L. Jackson has already agreed to portray Sho'nuff. The film is being produced by Kerry Gordy, son of Motown founder and original film producer Berry Gordy.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/rza-eyes-chris-brown-for-last-dragon-remake-7993

:thumbdown:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Go girl koi no victory