JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Either Way You Want

Author Topic: The Hobbit (2011)  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Hobbit (2011)
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:15:51 AM »

The Hobbit is an upcoming two-film series based on the novel of the same name by J. R. R. Tolkien. The films are in development for release in December 2011 and December 2012. The films will be directed by Guillermo del Toro, with The Lord of the Rings film trilogy director Peter Jackson serving as executive producer and co-writer. Originally, the first film would have adapted The Hobbit and the second would have bridged the gap between this and The Lord of the Rings, but it is now the director's intention to split and expand the narrative of The Hobbit over both films.

Where y'all LOTR geek at?!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Hobbit (2011)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 09:12:36 AM »
 :lol:

Yeah I love the LOTR world and it's been too long since I last read anything related. I've read the Hobbit but I can't remember much anything about it :/

But is it so wrong that I'm eager to see what kind of cuties/hotties they have casted for these films :D They did such a great job casting for the LOTR films...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:18:43 AM »
I hope this is half as good as the LOTR movies.....I'm excited.....although I might be in Japan by then.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 08:52:46 PM »
Filming on The Hobbit Delayed, But Still No Studio Greenlight

Okay, okay, I know we're going overboard with this kind of news about The Hobbit, but as a huge Lord of the Rings fan, why wouldn't we want to share this news with all of you? Plus, it's a very popular project and everyone wants to know about this kind of stuff anyway, so bear with us. Its been known for a while that The Hobbit would start shooting sometime in 2010 for a late 2011 release. Last we heard, at least according to Sir Ian McKellen, it was supposed to start shooting in the spring of next year, March or April. Not anymore. Peter Jackson gave a new update and it looks like they're pushing filming back to a mid-summer start. Here's the quote from Jackson on TheOneRing.net translated from German as found on MovieReporter.net.

"We're currently working on the second script which we hope to have completed by the end of this year or beginning of next. When the scripts are completed, we can begin with the exact calculation of the necessary budget. We hope to start filming in the middle of next year. However, we've received no green light from the studio yet."

Let's hope a delay doesn't cause the December 2011 release date to be pushed either. McKellen said they're supposed to shoot for 383 days, but that is for two complete films (and the second one isn't supposed to hit until 2012 anyway). I'm more concerned about the lack of a greenlight. The studio is probably waiting for a finished script and cast before they fork over a whole bucket of cash to shoot this, but with all the financial trouble MGM is in, this isn't a good sign. I was hoping that someone like Warner Bros (who now runs New Line) would step up and finance this, but as of right now I'm assuming (key word) that hasn't happened yet.

Of course, considering this is only one small quote and we're not at all privy to any inside info or dealings going on behind-the-scenes, I wouldn't take this as surefire news that its release is delayed at all. It's simply for informational purposes and for me to express my growing concern over MGM's financial troubles. We'll definitely keep you updated on all things The Hobbit as we hear more. Hopefully some more positive news!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/11/29/filming-on-the-hobbit-delayed-but-still-no-studio-greenlight/

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Either Way You Want