JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - I Go Crazy Because of You

Author Topic: Zombieland (2009)  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Zombieland (2009)
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:16:21 AM »

Zombieland is an upcoming American post-apocalyptic, zombie comedy, written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and directed by Ruben Fleischer. The film will be distributed by Columbia Pictures and is scheduled to be released on October 9, 2009.

ZombieLand Red Band Trailer

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Zombieland (2009)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »
Sony is Very Interested in a Zombieland Sequel, But in 3-D!

After Zombieland came on the scene last month, there was no doubt that its director, Ruben Fleischer, was going to become very busy, very quickly. And despite some other very lucrative offers, today Moviehole reports that Sony is quite interested in a follow-up sequel to the darkly hilarious undead comedy. Fleischer told them not only is Sony extremely interested, but it sounds like the project will be given the digital 3-D treatment, and we'll see Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin back again on the big screen sometime soon, splattering zombie blood and body parts right in our bespectacled faces.

But it's still unsure as too how far off the sequel might be. With so many offers for Fleischer on the table, anything can happen. On top of that, it sounds like he is interested in tackling a romantic comedy of some sorts, but without all the walking dead and stuff (which is good, because I already saw Shaun of the Dead). Oh and speaking of which, though it might not be fair to compare the two, Zombieland certainly held its own against Edgar Wright's comedic masterpiece, and though I don't consider it to be in the same league, I respect the slightly different comedic approach Fleischer took on this one. I think most people would agree.

Hopefully 3-D hasn't run its course by the time this gets made, after all there are plenty of other gimmicky horror films in 3-D down the line that could ruin the fun. But since it's just another fun trip to Zombieland, I don't think anyone will have a problem with it. Stay tuned for more from Fleischer and for any news on a Zombieland sequel, which we hope arrives much sooner than later.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/11/24/sony-is-very-interested-in-a-zombieland-sequel-but-in-3-d/

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - I Go Crazy Because of You