JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Paper Heart

Author Topic: And so the Morning... (Chapter 6 - 9/15)  (Read 9636 times)

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
And so the Morning... (Chapter 6 - 9/15)
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:46:34 AM »
Hello everyone! For all those who have read my one shots I will continue to work on those! I have decided to try my hand at a chapter style fanfiction. Nothing has been decided as of yet - pairings and whatnot... Also...about the beginning....don't kill me....the matter may be a little ....  :shocked. Please enjoy the first chapter of "And so the Morning." Comments and critiques are definitely welcome!

“OI! OI! OI! OI!”

Shouts rang out from the fans. Various colored lights flashed out in the darkness. Nine girls danced at various points on the stage, some held their microphones out to capture the energy radiating off the crowd while the others sang. Sweat poured down their smiling faces. Their hair looked as if they had just climbed out of the shower.

The song ended. The crowds roared. One girl didn’t hear or see any of it, however.

The stage faded, and the girls left the crowd behind. Shouts for a second encore passed into nothing. Two of the girls, their hats lazily pinned up sideways, walked and laughed on their way to the shared dressing rooms. A taller girl followed them, trying to talk to the older of the two.

Two others followed the first three conversing about some random topic, who knew what it was about with them involved….
Another tall girl, one with a perpetual smile that only spoke to a fraction of her energy, followed an older girl, whose cuteness belied her intelligence, attempting to get her to talk.

The final two girls walked slowly behind the other seven, thanking the staff members that the others forgot. The younger of the two still breathed heavily, her face showed none of the usual glow it bore, rather, all color had vanished. Unlike the others, despite having worked up a sweat on stage, she was completely dry. The older of the two turned from the staff members when her companion stumbled towards the wall and sat against it. Her eyes were closed.

“Call an ambulance!” the leader shouted to the staff that now looked on in horror.

“Linlin?”

The younger girl could make out her friend, and leader’s voice – but the sound was muffled – as if she were hearing the voice through a wall. She tried to open her eyes, but whatever strength she had, left her at that moment. Then, silence.

Morning Musume member Linlin collapses after Concert.  Read the newspapers that carried the story. The concert staff had leaked the story to the press. The agency was on damage control alert.

Tsunku, the producer of Morning Musume, and the rest of Hello! Project, sat across from the head of the agency that oversaw the Project, Up Front International/Works/ Agency. Tsunku’s eyebrows furrowed as the other man continued to talk about something he had long since lost track of.

“We need to use this to our advantage and get Musume back on top.”

“Let them rest” Tsunku said, a feeling of déjà vu taking over the conversation. He had argued this point before.

“We have to strike while the iron is hot.” The other man hadn’t heard him.

How typical.

A knock on the door saved the producer from the other man’s rants. The president consented and in walked Takahashi Ai, the current leader of Morning Musume.

Impeccable timing.

“Sir.” She bowed to the president. “Tsunku-san.” She bowed to her producer.

Still polite, aren’t you…

“Sir. As much as I and the other girls enjoy working so much – I would like to request a brief hiatus… Sir. We are tired. One of the members is sick …she needs time to recover.”

She went straight to the heart of the matter….how uncharacteristic…

“You really think you need a break?” the president asked.

“Yes sir.”

“Ok then. Take your hiatus.”

“Arigatou President-san.” She bowed again, a bit lower than the first time. Then she left; a mixture of relief and worry spread across her face as she turned.

As soon as the door closed the president turned to Tsunku and said.

“Musume has run its course. It’s time for something new. Something better.”

“You can’t mean that?!” Shock and anger spilled into his voice.

“You will tell them… Now. Go.”

Tsunku stood up and made his way out of the office. As much as he wanted…there was nothing he can do. The contract the agency had him under bound him to the will of the president, lest he be cast aside. As soon as the doors of the elevator closed his fist cracked against the metal wall.

I’m so sorry girls…Please forgive me…
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:07:12 AM by adventwriter »

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Chapter 1 - 8/28)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
Woah!!!! So MM is no more????  What????  :angry:

So typically cruel it is in the business and entertainment world  :angry:

What are they going to do now???? :banghead:

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:29:37 PM »
 :shocked :shocked Wha.. Wha...?  :O :shocked :O

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 06:45:59 AM »
OH FUCK NO!!!! :angry:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
You're disbanding MM? :on blackhole:

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »
Heh, actually, it all sounds just about right to me.  I bet this is exactly how they decided to kick half of H!P out of H!P irl.  :lol:
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 03:17:11 PM »
Disbanding?   :shocked

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »
Whoa Advent....

Please keep going! :D

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 08:09:49 AM »
Ok... please don't kill me. Here is the next chapter - it's longer than the first. Thank you all for your comments - when I really get started I reply to them one by one. Thanks for reading the first chapter.

Morning Musume to Disband. That was the headline that started it all. The beginning of the end. As Takahashi Ai read the line her face took on a whitewashed pallor.

Oh shit…

“What is wrong Ai-chan?”

Ai looked up from her seat at the hospital bed next to her.

“Oh Lin-chan! You’re awake. How are you? Do you need anything?”

“Don’t change the subject, Leader-san.”

Ai cringed at the use of her official title by the younger member, but she acquiesced and showed Lin the headline. She noticed a similar reaction on the other girl’s face.

“Ano…Ai-chan?”

“Yes Lin-chan?”

“Did you read beyond the headline?”

“…no…I didn’t.”

“You should.” Lin said softly as she sat up in the bed.

…The decision to disband was brought before management on behalf of the other members by the leader, Takahashi Ai…

Oh shit…oh shit…o shit!

“Is it true Ai-chan?” The younger girl sniffed a bit and watched Ai’s face for any sign.

“Not a word.” Ai summoned the courage to look the girl in the eyes.

“I went to management to ask for a hiatus, so that we could all rest…and so…you could have time to get better Lin-chan.”

The older girl watched the younger’s face for the contempt she was sure would come.

“I believe you, Ai-chan. Arigatou for your concern about me…” the younger mumbled the last part.

“Li…” Ai began, but her phone buzzed in her jacket pocket.

Oh shit…

Ai was now worried about the reaction of the other members because she wasn’t around to explain. She cringed as she opened her phone.

Ai. We need to talk. Meet at the dance studio. Everyone will be there.

Oh shit…oh shit…

“Lin-chan… I’m going to go talk to the doctor.”

“Ok Ai-chan.” She replied as Ai walked out of the room.

Ai stopped as the door closed and faced the wall. She laid her head on the wall before walking to the nurses’ station located at the middle of the floor.

“Ma’am, when can Lin go home? She’s the girl in room 405.”

“Hold on one second.” The woman typed away at the computer. “Ok…the doctor just needs to check her out to assess her condition.”

“Great! When can the doctor come?”

“She’s on rounds…so within the hour I would guess.”

“Thank you ma’am!” Ai walked back to Lin’s room, typing a response to Risa.

I’ll be there as soon as the doctor lets Lin out. Should be an hour until then, so expect me around     3:00PM. I have a lot to explain to all of you.

Damn right she does!

Risa sat alone in the dark dancing studio. She messaged the other members about the meeting time, making sure to tell Kamei the time was 30 minutes earlier than it was.

Morning Musume…ending…

Tears came to her eyes and she held her head in her hands as if trying to force her emotions back into check.

Reina was angry. The scrapes on her hand and the hole in the wall in her room could vouch for that. To keep from punching everyone she saw she kept her face down, hidden under a baseball hat and her hoodie.

Risa looked up from the floor when she heard the door open. To her surprise the first one to the meeting was Morning Musume’s turtle, Kamei Eri. Eri looked as bewildered and disheveled as Risa felt.

“Gaki-san.”  Her voice held none of its usual energy. She shuffled over and slumped down beside the other half of GakiKame.

“Hey Kame-chan.”

Risa sighed and laid her head on Kame’s shoulder.

“I’m glad you’re here… I hate being alone.”

Time passed between the two friends quietly until the other 5 girls began to wander in. First was Reina, who blew into the room like a typhoon and sat down in the far corner. Next came Koharu, looking more out of it than usual. She meandered her way toward the duo before sitting down next to her Sub-leader. The next member was Sayumi, followed closely by Junjun and Aika. Sayu sat on Kame’s right, while Jun and Aika were the only ones to brave the wrath of Hurricane Reina.

After the members sat Risa spoke up, assuming the tone of Sub-leader.

“Now everyone, we have to listen to Ai-chan’s explanation. There must be some misunderstanding.”

How can I say that? I don’t even believe what I say…

“God dammit! I’m going to punch her!” Reina growled from her corner, Aika trying to hold back the girl she called her sister.

“Reina! Shut up! We must hear her out!” Risa snapped back at the yankii member.

“Don’t tell me to shut up.” The younger girl spat.

“Please calm down aneki.” The soft words of the youngest member drenched the flames that had sprung between the two.

Thank you Mittsi.

No more words were spoken for fear that the tension would start another war of words.

“Now, remember Lin-chan, no one is mad with you. It is me they will want to yell at…so please don’t try to defend me. Let’s hope they listen to my words.”

Ai looked to Lin for confirmation before walking through the door into the dance studio.

Oh shit…

“Takahashi Ai! I’m going to kill you!!!” Reina yelled from the far corner, and she looked as if she would have if Jun had not held her back.

“Reina!” Risa yelled at the girl before turning on the leader.

“Ai…why did you do this?!”

Tears were in her eyes already, her love for Morning Musume shining through them.

“Risa, I would never make a decision like this without you all being there with me. You know that. You know me. I only asked that we have a bit of time to rest. I know we are all tired, so I thought it would be best for the group.”

“I thought I knew you Takahashi Ai. You never asked what we wanted – you were too blinded by your own wants and…” She looks at Lin. “…by your worry for your beloved kouhai.”

Risa’s eyes were cold. Most in the room gasped at the accusation. A certain yankii still struggled to escape from the grip of Junjun.

“Risa, don’t you dare bring her into this. Be angry with me, not her!”

“Fine Leader.” The venom in the last word would have been enough to drop an elephant, but Ai stood firm.

“You never think of others once you’ve made up your mind! Did you really think about what we wanted!” Risa continued, her voice almost faltering.

“Risa, please listen to me. I did not do this. Do you honestly think that if I had wanted to disband Morning Musume – that I would have stayed around here and faced you?!”

Ai fell to her knees, Risa’s eyes opened widely. Ai continued.

“Risa. I don’t want to fight with any of you… I love you all too much. You are my family – not just my members…please believe me.” She bowed before the startled subleader.

Risa began to walk towards the door, stopping to look back at the bowed leader once before leaving. The other members followed. First Eri, then Sayu and Koharu, then Aika and Junjun – who still held Reina, that is until she walked past Ai. Reina ran over to Ai and flipped her out of her bow. The sound of fist on face filled the room. Reina tried to punch Ai once more, but Lin had thrown herself in front of the leader.

“You would protect her!” Reina spat as she climbed up, she then straightened her clothes and followed Jun out of the room.

“Ai-chan, are you ok?” Lin asked helping the older girl into a sitting position.

“Yes Lin-chan… I deserved that…”

All of the calm Ai had fell away and tears began to flow from her eyes. She cried out and fell into Lin’s arms. Both girls sobbed in the middle of the dark dance studio…both for the same reason. They had lost their family…

Morning Musume is gone…

My family is no more…

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:19:24 AM by adventwriter »

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Chapter 2 - 8/30)
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »
It's like a nightmare coming true :cry: The disbanding of MM & the members are falling apart :(

Don't what I'll do if it comes true? Maybe get a life :?

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 09:32:30 AM »
Ok. Here is the third chapter. A bit shorter than the last one... Comments are still welcome!

[/size][/color]

A year had passed since the confrontation in the dance studio that truly broke apart Morning Musume. Eleven months since all the girls had been together. Even after the fight they were forced to prepare and perform for one last concert. The fans that attended that concert reacted in two very different manners: one group cheered and tried to make their memories of Morning Musume end on a high note, the other acted a bit more violently.

Ai walked down the street – her feet leading her home. Her mind was locked on the moment Risa walked out of the room. Her small hands were stuffed in her brown jacket, trying to avoid the bite of the wind. A white confetti of snow fell softly to the ground, as if the world were celebrating the upcoming New Year. Ai was in no mood for celebration.

Another audition down…probably another rejection.

A sigh escaped her lips. Her long brown hair blew in the wind. Her ears were red, the color now flushing into her cheeks. As she walked with her eyes to the ground the smell of ramen floated past her nose and she found herself standing in front of her favorite ramen stall close to home. On a whim she decided to indulge her stomach and slid into the warmth of the small ramen restaurant. She stared at the menu intently, for she was next in line – that is until she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Ai spun around and came face-to-face with one of the last people she expected to see, but one who had been in her mind for quite some time.

“Hello Ai-chan.” The girl bowed formally.

“Kame…Eri?” the former leader’s eyes bulged, an audible gasp escaping her lungs.

“Would you mind having dinner with me? I would like to talk to you…so fortunate I felt in the mood for ramen.” The turtle girl laughed nervously, running her hand through her black hair, pushing the right side behind her ear.

“I would love to Er…Kame-chan.”

The younger girl smiled and bowed for a second time, her hair falling past her chin as she stood upright once more.
The two reached the counter, Ai refusing to let Eri pay for their food, and they found a seat in the corner of the restaurant – as far away from the counter as they could get.

“So… Kame-chan? What is it you would like to talk to me about after all this time?”

Ai winced as her words came out colder than intended. She noticed Eri cringe a bit before trying to smile again.

“First… I want to say that I miss you. So does Gaki-san.” Eri mumbled.

Ai perked up at the mention of her friend.

Former friend.

“Oh she does, does she?... I’m sorry Kame-chan… I hope my reactions are understandable.”

“Ai-chan…please… “ Eri looked at her ramen and sighed before looking directly at her former leader.

“I came here without Risa knowing.”

Ai’s brows furrowed at the turtle’s use of the former subleader’s given name. Eri continued.

“She misses you…I know she does. She mumbles your name when she sleeps.”

Ai’s brows furrowed a bit deeper at this statement.

“I can try to convince her to talk to you … to let you two talk it out?”

“You can try Kame-chan…not sure if she’ll listen.” The last look Risa gave her still haunted Ai. It was not a look of contempt, but one of complete emotional devastation.

The two slurped their less than hot ramen for a while before the ice was broken again.

“So Kame-chan… how are you? What have you done with your life so far?”

Eri smiled.

“Risa and I moved in together. Figured it be better to be roomies. I’ve been going to school, music production and performance. I figured I could use what I knew…turned out I knew nothing.” Eri laughed, much more calmly than she used to.

“Risa’s also in school, specializing in vocals.”

“Putting her talents to good use I see…” Ai smiled slightly, sitting back from her now empty ramen bowl.

“Hai… that she is… oh crap…I’d better run…Risa might get suspicious if I’m too late.” Eri jumped up from her chair after looking at her watch.

“Ok Kame-chan. I’m glad I ran into you. We need to do this again sometime.”

“Yes we do. May I?” Eri opened her arms. Ai nodded and accepted the turtle’s embrace. Eri hugged her former leader with all the feeling a year of separation will bring. She said her goodbyes before disappearing into the whiteness.

Dammit….it’s become a blizzard…

Ai pulled her jacket tighter around her, shoved her hands back into her pockets before barreling back out into the snow. Her pace quickened as she rounded the corner and her apartment complex came into view. She unlocked the door and made her way up to the fourteenth floor via the elevator.

After entering her apartment she slid her shoes off and hung her damp coat on the coat hook near the door.

“Tadaima!”

“Welcome home Ai-chan.” Lin paused to look up from the guitar in her lap. “How was the audition?”

“It went well… I guess.” The lack of energy in her voice told the younger girl all she needed to know.

“I ran into Eri…”

“EHHHHH?!” Lin jumped out of her seat, laying the guitar down before doing so.

“Yeah…I ran into her at the ramen stall down the street. I think it was accidentally on purpose.”

“Oh?"

Ai began to recount the story to her roommate.

Winter gave way to the blossoms of spring. Eri had met with Ai and Lin twice a month since that first meeting. Ai told Eri that she and Lin had teamed up to sing in various music contests. Lin would play guitar and sing with Ai. During one of the later meetings Eri offered to use her newly acquired music production knowledge to help the two create a demo CD. It was Lin’s idea to use this new demo CD for Eri to broach the subject of Ai with Risa.

“What are we listening to?” Risa asked the turtle as Eri walked back from the CD player.

“Oh…some new project I’m working on …just wanting another opinion.”

“Oh…ok.”

Risa looked up from the food she was preparing to pay attention to the new music. The soft strums of a guitar flowed from the speakers…then the voice started. Risa’s eyebrows furrowed as the vocalist expertly constructed the melody of the song.

Something is familiar though…that voice…

“Who did you say was part of this project?”

“I didn’t.” Eri replied, a bit too quickly.

“Kame, do you think we could see the band live?” Risa asked quietly, her mind still dwelling on the vocals of the song.

“I’ll have to find out when they play live again, is that ok?”

“Sure.”  Risa replied, her mind still elsewhere.

“I’m going to bed now Gaki-san.” Kame walked into her bedroom and closed the door.

*FLASHBACK*

“Risa. I don’t want to fight with any of you… I love you all too much. You are my family – not just my members…please believe me.”

Risa stared at her leader kneeling on the floor and bowing before her.

I can’t be mad at her...but…didn’t she throw us away?

A part of her wanted to go to Ai right then, but her stubbornness prevented an instant reconciliation…

*END FLASHBACK*

That was the last time she saw Ai, not counting the farewell concert. Risa still felt sorry for the fan reaction towards Ai… the violent crowd had been…well…violent. The look on Ai’s face had almost destroyed the former subleader.

Wait… why am I?...That’s it! It was Ai-chan!!!!!

Risa restarted the CD, and as the song began to play once more, her eyes filled with the tears she had held back…

Ai-chan…I miss you…
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:41:54 AM by adventwriter »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Chapter 3 - 8/31)
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
Once again  :cry: :cry: but now there's hope!

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Chapter 3 - 8/31)
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 03:17:41 PM »
Another update. Sorry for the length of this one, but it felt the proper place to end the section. I'll try to update again later tonight. Enjoy. Comments are welcomed, and indeed, encouraged.

Two years has passed. Two years since Reina had punched her former leader. Two years since her shell cracked and the tears fell. Two years since she finally let Jun in.

After Morning Musume disbanded, Reina had begun a successful solo career with another large company. Reina had quickly discovered that the life of a musician is very different from the life of an idol. The pressure of training early on had been rough on the yankii girl, but she had support. Jun.

While Reina continued in music, Jun had decided to go into modeling and design. She wasn’t widely known yet, but her boutique was doing well. Both were relatively happy.

Reina had seen most of the former members. She and Aika still spent time together. Sayumi would see Jun every now and again at fashion events, and Jun would invite her to dinner with Reina. Reina would see Koharu on various music shows. Koharu was still doing younger music and had developed quite a fan base with children. Reina had even kept in touch with Eri and Risa, although their paths rarely crossed. Lin had vanished off the face of the earth, and Ai…Reina couldn’t bring herself to face her.
Reina regretted not trusting her leader. She regretted letting her anger control her. Her shame, mixed with a bit of her old yankii pride, would not let her contact her former leader.

“I heard about Ai today… apparently she had an audition at my company…”

“Reina…you should talk to her.” Jun replied, placing another piece of beef into her mouth.

“You know I can’t…” Reina’s face fell.

“I still think you should.” Jun’s face was stern. Reina stood up.

“I need to get ready for my night concert.”

Reina instantly regretted her cold response.

“I’m sorry Jun-chan… I just need time…”

“It’s been two years Reina…how long do you intend to wait?”

“I…”

“You know, Eri sent us something – a demo CD she’s been working on.”

Reina’s brow furrowed.

“Why would she send us some…oh… does she want me to give it to the company?”

“No. She wants you to listen to it.” Jun reached into her bag and pulled out a thin CD jewel case.

“Ok. Ok… I’ll listen to it on my way to the concert.”

“Reina…she also wants us to come to a show in Shibuya.”

“Geez…the girl doesn’t ask much of us does she…” Reina smirked. Jun laughed.

“Ok, we can go…” Reina continued. She placed her hand on Jun’s shoulder and squeezed it a bit before walking out the door.

Reina climbed into the company car waiting for her outside the restaurant. She handed the demo CD to the driver and asked him to play it. Soft guitar rhythms surrounded Reina. Then, the voice started.

Ai…chan…

Tears blossomed from Reina’s eyes as quiet sobs wracked her small frame.

Reina is doing so well.

Ai cheered for her friend. She had forgiven her long ago and whenever Reina held a concert in Tokyo she would go with Lin to help cheer on the former Musume. The concert atmosphere brought back fond memories as well as feelings about her and Lin’s upcoming show. They would be playing a small venue at the beach and, as far as Ai knew, Eri was using this event to try and draw the members back together.

Thank you Eririn.

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: And so the Morning... (Chapter 4 - 9/1)
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 05:07:53 PM »
Ehhh I miss the earlier update? :shocked

Oh so its been 2 years since? Its kind of sad that they broke away...But Reina & Jun? That's quite a new pairing :)

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 05:57:48 PM »
Kind of  :shocked and  :cry:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 11:13:52 PM »
Yay determined Eri, it seems there might be a reunion in the future~!  :grin:

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 04:32:07 AM »
Go Eri, go Eri! :cow:

Wow, that was a bit sad seeing how everyone ended up and they still miss each other. It sucks that someone twisted Ai's words and making it sound like she wanted to disband the group. I hope they'll come to some resolution and work things out again. MM forever!!!

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 08:42:41 AM »
Yay for another update! This one may seem like the last chapter, but believe me there will be more to come. Now for comments.

@ badsaints - You didn't miss anything - maybe I thought my clues about the time shift were more up front...lol.
@ kRisZ - I hope this makes up for that a bit. More to come.
@ rndmnwierd - Yep. What do you think of it?
@ DO Me DO Me - What you do think of the reunion now?

Ok...without further ado...Chapter 5.

Eri rubbed her eyes, trying to keep her sleepy mind focused on the computer screen in front of her. The room behind her was filled with a soft blue glow. She clicked away something on the screen and began to type when she felt a hand on her shoulder and the smell of warm tea and honey filled the air in front of the turtle’s nose.

“I thought you could use this.”

Eri turns around in her chair to accept Risa’s offering of tea.  Risa glides over to the table and picks up a second cup for herself before sitting across from the Turtle, on the bed behind the computer chair.

“Thank you Risa-chan.” Eri mumbled sleepily, sipping the hot tea carefully.

“You should get some sleep. I thought you were done with that demo.”

“I’m working on something else now…” Eri sipped her tea again.

“You work too hard Turtle-girl” Kame glared sleepily at the nickname.

“Kawaii!” Risa reached over a squeezed the sleepy girl’s cheek. Kame tried to bite her in response.

“Itai!...I should start calling you ‘snapping turtle’.” Risa grinned.

“You should get to bed Reaction Queen.” Kame smirked. “You have an early day tomorrow.”

“… Don’t remind me…”

Kame grinned over her still warm cup of tea.

“Kame… do I have to go to that concert tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“Mou… why?” Risa pouted.

“Because you promised… and you don’t want to make me sad do you?”

“…No.”

“I’ll meet you after I finish up my studio work… how about you come over after practice and wait in the studio building… just text me when you get there, ok?”

“Hai...goodnight Kame-chan… don’t stay up too late.” Risa walked out of the room to return the tea cup to the kitchen before returning to the bed behind Kame and curling up in the semi-darkness.

Ai and Lin arrived at their venue early - First, to get a lay of the land, and second, to relax on the beach for a little while before the show.

Lin sat on the large beach blanket she had packed for the two of them, her sundress rippling in the warm summer breeze. Lin looked out at the ocean, the waves crashing gently to the shore before retreating once again. In particular she watched her roommate enjoying herself walking along the water’s edge.

I wish I had half the figure she does…

Lin looked down at her own sundress covered body and frowned.

“Why the frown Lin-chan?” Lin was startled when she looked up and saw Ai standing in front of her.

“No reason Ai-chan…”

“Why don’t you come join me by the water?…I know you have your swimsuit under that dress - let’s enjoy the beach!”

Lin looked down at herself for a second time and frowned again.

“Come on Lin-chan…it’s a cute swimsuit and you look amazing in it… it’d be a shame to hide your cuteness from the world.”

Ai leaned over as she said this, reaching her hand out to help the younger woman up. Lin accepted her hand with a shy smile.
She pulled off the sundress, laying it beneath her beach bag, and followed Ai down to the water. She looked up and saw Ai smiling at her, and couldn’t help but smile back.

“That’s better Lin-chan.” Ai smiled impishly before splashing the younger girl.

“I’ll get you for that!” Lin laughed as she tried to get Ai back.

Evening had fallen and the venue was about to start. Several other bands participating had already played their sets. Reina sat with Jun at the back of the audience, near the bar. They were joined by Aika, Koharu, Sayumi, and a Turtle-less Risa.

“Where is Kame?” Jun questioned the former sub leader.

“OH...she’s helping one of the groups… I don’t think they have a name.”

“oh…” Jun turned to Sayumi and began to chat about some fashion thing they both knew about.

“Aneki… how have you been this week? … I haven’t seen you since your concert.” The youngest asked.

“Oh…not too busy… just a few meetings here and there actually.” the yankii replied.

The band that had playing finally walked off the stage and the MC came back to center-stage.

“Ladies and Gentleman. I am pleased to announce that our final performers have come here from Tokyo to share their gift of music with you… so without further ado I present to you the musical stylings of Takahashi Ai and Lin Qian, with Kamei Eri.”
The crowd clapped and a few cheered. The former members of Morning Musume looked on in anticipation, waiting to see the missing pieces of their former life. Lin walked out first, guitar in hand; followed by Eri, who walked over to a programming board; and who was then followed by a microphone wielding Ai.

The music starts. The song that had drawn the member’s tears was now floating through the air.

Ai began the song, her lyrics almost a whisper at first before the energy began to build. She laid eyes on her friends in the crowd and her smile grew. The song continued and her eyes closed. She heard Lin’s voice join her after the first verse. Kame’s programming filled in the holes a live band would have. The music settled back down in the second verse, this time a piano joined the guitar. Ai turned around and smiled when she saw Jun standing behind the venue keyboard. Next came a bass line, Koharu. Then came the drums, Sayumi.  Aika joined up singing backing vocals for the song. As the final chorus rolled around two more vocals entered the fray. Ai looked up and saw Reina and Risa walking towards her, tears flowing down their cheeks. They wrapped their arms around her waist as they helped to finish out the final chorus. Ai choked up before the end and sank down onto the stage. Lin finished out her vocals so that nothing was missing from the song.

The crowd cheered the nine girls, not realizing the history behind what had just happened. All they knew was that the music was good. This was to be the start of a new beginning. Morning Musume may not be anymore, but the family behind it had finally returned to their place, beside each other.

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
Re: And so the Morning... (Chapter 5 - 9/2)
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »
I knew it! I knew it!
I knew the girls were going to join with Ai-chan and Lin on that stage. Now they'll be huge again and those damned UFA guys are going to curse themselfs fro letting them go, I said!
and Sayu on the drums? That's so cool XDXDXD

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Paper Heart