JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - It Girl

Author Topic: The One and Only Police Academy Movie Thread!  (Read 4945 times)

Offline sayahchan

• I disapear from time to time, only to return in a blaze!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ava made by moi ask me for anymore.
The One and Only Police Academy Movie Thread!
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:05:17 AM »
Ok so I was at walmart trying to chill after some extra epic drama when I found one of the funniest yet witless comedies EVER in two dvd sets, for super cheap.
Police Academy 1 -7 Baby!!

Since there was no thread I was deemed it's creator! so I bring you!

THE INFO! lol

Police Academy - 1984 Warner Bro's home entertainment. Starring Steve Guttenberg, Kim Cattral, GW Bailey, and Bubba Smith

New rules enforced by the Lady Mayoress mean that sex, weight, height and intelligence need no longer be a factor for joining the Police Force. This opens the floodgates for all and sundry to enter the Police Academy, much to the chagrin of the instructors. Not everyone is there through choice, though. Social misfit Mahoney (Guettenberg ) has been forced to sign up as the only alternative to a jail sentence and it doesn't take long before he falls foul of the boorish Lieutenant Harris ( GW Bailey ). But before long, Mahoney realises that he is enjoying being a police cadet and decides he wants to stay... while Harris decides he wants Mahoney out!

http://tinyurl.com/nqq7a3

Policey Academy 2: Their First Assignment - 1985 WB, Starring Steve Guttenberg, Bubba Smith, and David Graf

The part of the city which has the highest crime rate is under the care of Captain Pete Lassard, when the chief demands that he turn things around or he is out. He in turn calls his brother, Eric, the academy commandant, and requests some new people. He recommends recent graduates, Mahoney, Hightower, Jones, Tackleberry, Fackler, and Hooks. Now they are teamed up with some veteran officers, who are not exactly competent, and along with their inexperience they cause more trouble than the gang they are pursuing. And they also have to deal with Lieutenant Mauser, who wants them to fail, so that he could become the new Captain.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089822/

Police Academy 3: Back in Training - 1986 WB, Starring Guttenberg, Smith, and graf

When police funding is cut, Governor Neilson announces that one of the city's two police academies will have to be closed down. To make it fair, Neilson announces a competition to determine which academy will stay opened. Commandant Eric Lassard calls back some of his former students to train the new batch of students, hoping to get the edge on the rival academy, which is run by Commandant Mauser. Lassard's new instructors, the former students he has brought back, include Carey Mahoney, Eugene Tackleberry, Moses Hightower, Debbie Callahan, Larvell Jones, Laverne Hooks, and Douglas Fackler. Among the new students at Lassard's academy are Cadet Nogata, Cadet Karen Adams, Cadet Bud Kirkland, Cadet Sarah, Cadet Hedges, former gang leader Zed, and Zed's roommate, Cadet Sweetchuck. In order to increase his own academy's chances of winning, Mauser persuades two of Lassard's officers, Kyle Blanks and Chad Copeland, to turn traitor and help Mauser. The competition becomes complicated when a local marina is robbed by a gang of thieves who are dressed as busboys.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091777/

Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol - 1987 WB Starring The usual's, tho Gutenberg's role isn't as prominent in this movie, it tries to focus more on the other characters.

Commandant Eric Lassard decides that the police force is overworked and understaffed, so he comes up with the idea of recruiting civilian volunteers to work side-by-side with officers in a program called "Citizens On Patrol" (COP). Carey Mahoney and his friends Moses Hightower, Larvell Jones, Eugene Tackleberry, Laverne Hooks, and Debbie Callahan are in charge of training the civilians. The civilians include Tommy "House" Conklin, Lois Feldman, Kyle, and Arnie. Captain Thaddeus Harris wants to take over Lassard's job, and that's why Harris is determined to see the COP program fail. But it's Harris and his right hand man Proctor who mess up by unintentionally allowing every inmate at the precinct 19 jail to escape.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093756/

Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach - 1988 Starring The Usuals, This is the first Movie that did not have Guttenberg in it, they tried to use Matt Macoy to replace him, making him Lassard's bumbling and often chauvinistic nephew Nick.

Commandant Eric Lassard, the head of the police academy, has reached mandatory retirement age, much to the delight of Captain Thaddeus Harris, who is planning to take over Lassard's job. Lassard and a handful of the Academy's former students travel to Miami for a special ceremony where Lassard is to be honored as the Policeman of the Year at a convention. Along for the trip to Miami are Moses Hightower, Eugene Tackleberry, Larvell Jones, Debbie Callahan, Laverne Hooks, Tommy "House" Conklin, and Commissioner Henry Hurst, along with Harris and his right hand man Proctor. A jewel thief named Manny has smuggled stolen diamonds in a camcorder. Manny's suitcase is accidentally switched with Lassard's identical suitcase at the airport in Miami. This gets Lassard and Harris kidnapped by Manny and his two henchmen Julio and Pete, with everyone, including Lassard's nephew, Sergeant Nick Lassard, in pursuit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095882/

Police Academy 6: City Under Siege - 1989 WB Starring, The usual's, and Macoy. This would be his Last Police Academy film.

A string of business robberies have taken place in the city's Wilson Heights neighborhood, all done by the same three crooks. Captain Thaddeus Harris is no longer in the same precinct with a certain group of cops that he doesn't like. That's why Harris is so happy to be in the Wilson Heights precinct. But then The Mayor tells Harris that business in the city is plummeting because of the robberies. Since there appears to be a leak in Harris's precinct, the Governor has sent in a team to stop the Wilson Heights gang. Much to Harris's dismay, the team is led by Commandant Eric Lassard, so Harris knows who the team members are -- exactly the cops that he doesn't like. The team members are Nick Lassard, Moses Hightower, Eugene Tackleberry, Larvell Jones, Debbie Callahan, Laverne Hooks, and Douglas Fackler. The stakes are raised when Commandant Lassard is accused of being the mastermind behind the robberies, and the team must clear his name

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098105/

And Last, and Seriously THE WORST!
Police Academy 7: Mission to Moscow - 1994 WB Starring the Old Favorites and this dorky kid named Charlie Schlatter, this kid, ohhh can never fill Gutenberg's shoes, even Macoy was a bad imitation! But this kid, is simply pathetic, and I think he killed the franchise, well that and the shitty plots!

The Russians need help in dealing with the Mafia and so they seek help with the veterans of the Police Academy. They head off to Moscow, in order to find evidence against Konstantin Konali, who marketed a computer game that everyone in the world is playing. With a sequel to the game he wants to put backdoors in all computer systems on which it gets installed, thus providing access to the police and other government systems.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110857/

Most of these movies were great. I liked the first 5, and it kinda ends there. they get stupid after that.

So what was your favorite PA movie, let me know.. feel free to discuss... and what ever else is needed :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:59:04 AM by sayahchan »

Avatar and sig made by Kawaii Beam

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: The One and Only Police Academy Movie Thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 05:24:07 AM »
Holy shit, I never even knew that they had made the 6th and 7th ones! XD

Michael Winslow's sound effects FTW. :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:39:55 PM »
I've seen them all several times, but 2 and 3 are still the best.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
I think after #3 I gave up lol

I like the series, great, great set of characters
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - It Girl