JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Arigato

Author Topic: Am I a bad fan?  (Read 8400 times)

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Am I a bad fan?
« on: July 19, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »
I never buy anything like DVDs, or singles, most of my collection (actually, all of it) are image stuff..

Am I a bad fan because what I do has no effect on AKB48's growth as a group?! :(

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
Re: Am I a bad fan?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »
at least you buy shit

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline clockface

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:41:15 PM »
^This

Also... do I suspect some doubts before coming face to face with the idols of your dreams Mal? I don't think staff are gonna ask for "proof of purchase" before letting people meet the girls though.

Maybe Akimoto has finally brainwashed us into thinking that a good fan is a broke one.

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
I feel like this with groups I like
But then, if you don't have the money for it- sometimes it's harder to justify buying a small single you could listen to or download online over a big, glossy photobooks of a favourite member or posters that you can decorate your walls in or look through all day long...

I think it's bad when people think of themselves as a really amazing or no.1 fan but don't go out of their way to risk money or make an effort to try to buy atleast say their favourite album or a poster or something
I think if you buy things, it's great as it is suppoting the group or atleast afew idols! BUT I also think it's ok that some people just can't afford to buy things- I mean, when I first got interesting in Jrock and Jpop I couldn't afford to buy anything until a year after I'd discovered it all
I eventually got 1 An Cafe album and eventually Berryz first best of and Pucchi Moni's only album and it wasn't until this past school year when I've been able to use my Education Maintanance allowance for photobooks and CDs...
I think it's possible to still be a good fan regardless of how much you buy but more how much you love and support the band in liking and following them!!
So don't worry! ; u ;

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
Owning anything related is good enough for jpop, in my opinion. The stuff is WAY overpriced so I can get not jumping on every last thing. I personally try my best to support the stuff I like but I am also trying to cut back a bit... In the case of AKB it's gotten to be way too much with the books and cards and other random stuff. I also don't often bother with their DVD's anymore. They are just WAY too expensive. I don't care if it is hours of content, it does not cost that much to manufacture. They are making a killing off of those. SKE isn't so bad.... yet.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 08:00:52 PM »
A fan is better than no fan at all.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »
Well the concert DVDs are so overpriced and CDs are generally more expensive in Japan than in MANY other countries so I think that's quite understandable.

I personally hadn't bought as many singles as I would have liked to which is why I bought kamikyokutachi, but that was money that I was able to spend(due to being stuck inside revising I didn't spend as much money since I wasn't going out).

I mean buying more products and such might make you a 'better' fan but that doesn't mean that currently you are a bad fan, not at all! By posting on forums like this you're helping to let other people find out about akb48 too! That's something really good to do as a fan!!

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 08:55:41 PM »
Last thing akb-related I remember buying was the Kami Kouen Concert. It had Maimai's grad, so it's got sentimental value. :oops:
Which also means I haven't supported them for half a year. NOT! :lol:
I'd think the girls themselves wouldn't want fans to spend unhealthy amounts on AKB stuff, but only on things you like.

Now go to your closest 7-11 and eat a melonpan (or nearest bread equivalent in your country). :D

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 09:27:27 PM »
^ Same here, I only bought River and Namida Suprise singles because I remember the time they were released and they remind me of the time around then
Also they're good songs and the cd's were second hand and dirt cheap >___>

It's only recently since watching majisuka gakuen and finally managing to learn more members names (I originally knew sayaka and sae because I was a sae fan but didn't care enough for the others) And now want to buy more merchandise from them >___> and even so that won't be much as I rank Momusu higher overall

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 02:49:23 AM »
at least you buy shit
QFT.
+1  :P

No matter what you buy of AKB, the point is you buy something. It doesn't have to be everything, just, something!

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 04:22:26 AM »
Also... do I suspect some doubts before coming face to face with the idols of your dreams Mal?

Maybe.

This has actually been something I've thought about since my H!P days, you know. Back then I was still in school (well, actually I still am), and pretty much couldn't afford to buy anything. I guess it's just something I think about. Like AKB made it to the top of oricon with RIVER, but I obviously did nothing for it, so it's like I didn't contribute to their success at all?! Although I'm realistic and realize my contributions are throwing salt in the ocean..

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »
^Subs, blog translations, encodes, etc are worth a whole lot imo  :)   :thumbup

Offline JajaPipi

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I ♥
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 01:42:16 PM »
I do not know all I have is a poster on the wall and everything else is on my pc

Offline MyLovelyManoAiri

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 02:55:14 PM »
I have few goods from akb48.  Because I'm just a student  I have no salary :bleed eyes:

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 03:15:01 PM »
^Subs, blog translations, encodes, etc are worth a whole lot imo  :)   :thumbup
My life is now complete. XD

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 04:54:20 AM »
i'm a interwebs closet akb fan :D

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 05:34:20 AM »
At least you buy stuff; I can't find enough image items of my oshimen so I don't really bother a lot of the time.

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 11:14:51 PM »
^ good guide lol

9. “the downloader“
>> yeah of course i own some AKB goods hold on let me grab my hard disk and hook it up for ya.

works for me :grin:

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Arigato