JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Sayonara Hageshiki Koi

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 126097 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #480 on: June 04, 2015, 09:10:00 PM »
They must've saved their season's budget for that one episode, the fights in some previous episodes were really bad.

What do you mean, the Sand Snakes fight was great...

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #481 on: June 04, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »
^ Let's petition to get the Dorne scenes removed from the DVDs. Well, except that one.

Yo, I'm gonna be pissed if Ollie takes Sam's words to heart. Really hoping to see them wrap up the ADWD storylines for Jon and Dany. LSH gotta make an appearance, too..

But did you guys notice Jon's boat just sitting there, not moving the entire time the Nights King is doing his magic? Like, ROW already.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #482 on: June 04, 2015, 11:23:18 PM »
Yeah it was a bit odd seeing them so close to the coast still haha. Who will get more hated at the end of the series Ramsey or Ollie?
Interestingly, the title of the last episode is Mother's Mercy. Maybe we will see LSH? I read a cool prediction around it from someone else. Basically, Battle of Winterfell happens and Ramsay gets killed. Winterfell is seiged. Roose goes on the loose with a handful of bodyguards and does a runner outside and through the forest. Last scene of the show, Roose is through the forest when they're suddenly attacked. Roose is left standing and captured. Camera pans over and it's Thoros of Myr. Says a few words. Camera pans over more, the hood is pulled back from a figure. It's LSH. She commands Roose's execution. Would be dope and certainly falls into the words from Podrick's actor that Episode 10 will 'break the internet'. Though the more likely event is that it will end the same way as ADWD does.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:45:43 PM by Tuffty »

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #483 on: June 05, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
They must've saved their season's budget for that one episode, the fights in some previous episodes were really bad.

What do you mean, the Sand Snakes fight was great...

Looked like something from Xena..

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #484 on: June 09, 2015, 09:40:26 PM »
God dammit. God fucking dammit Stannis WHY?! It was extremely difficult to watch that scene. And it sounds like it happens in the books too. Can't imagine how, Shireen is still at the Wall after all, so I imagine Selyse and Melisandre burn her without Stannis knowledge or consent? Or maybe Stannis does turn towards it. I dunno, I think in the books at least that decision will have the time to grow and we see how that decision was made. Bit of a difference in here considering the decision to burn his daughter alive was made within an episode.

Gonna be a book purist for once and say I wish the pit played out more like in the books. I dunno, there's something cooler about Drogon just being lured to the pit because of all the blood and people there and wreaking shit up rather than just conveniently swoop in like a Final Fantasy summon to save the day. The scene on TV itself was a bit weird, the choreography again wasn't great and there were moments in that fight sequence I found hard to accept. Like, really you have them all outnumbered right in the middle of the pit, and you don't all attack at once? Daenerys walks away from everyone, including her bodyguards and you don't attack her?  So yeah, I wish it could have been better but even so, I still enjoyed it. If that makes sense XD

I really can't stand how they're portraying Ramsay as an experienced tactician. FFS, he practically burned half of Stannis camp with 20 men. May as well take 40 and march straight to Kings Landing to take it over. I hope Dorne isn't finished like it was so neatly wrapped up here. Not that I have any real love for the story in the books either, but it  just feels like there's zero consequences. I hope episode 10 has Doran reveal that he has a plot to overthrow Tommen so Myrcella and Trystane are king and queen. That would be nice. Otherwise it's a waste of Jaime's character this season. Probably the biggest disappointment of the season for me.

The finale's coming! The actors of Davos and Podrick says it will break the internet. Emilia Clarke says "Reaction videos are incoming". Judging from it though, there could be a lot of shit that goes down, so much that it might be hard to fit it all in! I mean we could have *SPOILERS* Battle of Winterfell, Sansa fleeing Winterfell (maybe), whatver Brienne and Podrick chooses to do, Dany fleeing with Drogon, Cersei's trial, Robert Strong reveal, the shit that goes down at Castle Black, what Tyrion, Jorah and all do after last episode, Arya killing Meryn Trant. In one episode! If Davos dies, then I revolt.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2015, 02:01:21 AM »
Episode 10 preview:

^ You're right, the fighting pit scene was a little sketchy at times. I mean, the damned Unsullied weren't much good, were they? They were getting steamrolled by the Harpies, a bunch of uppity civilians.

And hey, how about that Bran?

No LSH will be the biggest disappointment, though. Even more so than if Olly goes and gets up in shit.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »
Iwan Rheon discusses how he wants Ramsey to leave the series:

I’d love see him meet a spectacular end – God knows he deserves it. And it’s something that could happen at any time. That’s the nature of the show – no-one’s really safe. That said, I’ve just bought myself a flat in London so I hope that day doesn’t come too soon. […] But that day is definitely coming, no mistake about it – and I hope that when it does it’s epic, nasty and preferably dragon-related. He needs to go out with the bang.

http://io9.com/joseph-gordon-levitt-finally-gives-us-an-update-on-sand-1709965737

Yes, Iwan. We too want to see your character die in epicness by being burned alive, body all thrown around, ripped into pieces, and then nomnomnom'd by dragons.
In a loving way of course. :)

Actually. Looking at all Ramsey has done, compared to all the other characters in the show, he's actually a pretty good guy. :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #489 on: August 11, 2017, 07:44:59 AM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Sayonara Hageshiki Koi