JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Namida Wo Misenaide ~BOYS DON`T CRY~

Author Topic: [MariHaru] Basket Case - Under Construction (HPOV Chap3 Posted) 7/20  (Read 129052 times)

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 16: The 'G' Word!)
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »
First off:

:JD:     A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!! Here's JD for all!      :JD:

Sorry for the lateness. I seriously didn't know that Christmas was going to be that hectic.  :nervous
Hectic, but enjoyable nonetheless. I hope you guys had a Merry and a Happy on both days.  :)
Sad to say though, the date is postponed for the next chapter. It was supposed to be this one but I didn't realize that it'll be longer. So yeah, had to cut it. Sorry about that.  :nervous

Replies to previous commenters

@lovemariharu: Sorry about not updating before Christmas.  :( I tried and I tried...I just get away from the Christmas sales.  :lol: Oh and you choose the 3rd option right? Honestly, I did too.  :lol: I wanted to see the results and I was too lazy to edit the poll so I just voted myself. Choose 3rd option too, cue ebil laugh.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for taking time on voting, reading and commenting. Happy holidays to you! XD

@anonymousdowner: I honestly thought I offended you back then. Good to know I didn't.  :) And yeah, I think I get why R18 scenes would be interesting in this messed up world of BCverse. A part of me wants to, but there's also a part wherein I'm hesitating. Mixed feelings I guess. Time will tell though.  :lol: Oh, yeah sorry if I didn't reply on your site a while back.  :nervous The holidays just suddenly swept me away from everything. But I did get to read it two days ago. I will definitely reply on it.  :) Anyway, thanks for voting, reading and commenting! Happy holidays to you! XD

@alexiel17: Why do I get the feeling that you're all doki doki with your personal life these days just like your kohai twin?  :lol: If you are, good for you Lexi!!  XD XD Lol at the clicking of the love scene button twice.  :lol: The Yadong virus might spread throughout the Crackhouse University, but I'm still not sure about that though. Let's see.  :) And it's okay for you to restrict me with sweets. That's nice of you, but I couldn't help it. It's sweets you know and Christmas. Sweets are essential in Christmas time so... :nervous Don't worry, my tooth got all better anyway.  :lol: And yeah, I had a great vacation. Thanks for that! XD Anyway, thanks for voting, reading and commenting! Happy holidays to you! XD

@RJay: I seriously loled at what you did at church. I totally get that sometimes so I decided to just leave my phone at home. That didn't stop me from chatting with my brother though about whatever popped into my mind whenever it gets boring.  :lol: I'm a bad girl myself.  :lol: Yeah, I was at Chicago for a month. I missed my cousin there so we decided to spend the whole December there.  :lol: I had a blast.  :) And yeah, we're safely back home now. Thanks for that!  XD No awkwardness on the date. I assure you it's just ll fluff.  :) Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! Happy Holidays to you! XD

@Fightingfireful: Yey, silent reader appearing! XD Thank you for reading and taking your time to comment.  :) I'm happy that you're bursting with happy energy because of the previous chapter.  :) Though I would get why since it took 15 chapters to get them to be together. Frustrating, I know. :lol: But seriously, thanks for reading and commenting! And a happy holidays to you! XD

@Wmatsui22: To Wmatsui22, reader of Basket Case. Good day to you too. I'm thankful that you like my previous chapter as well.  :) When I first read your comment I was wondering what one shot you were talking about. But then flameeyes told me that you wanted me to continue one of my one shots so I finally got what you meant.  :lol: And yeah, in time, I'll definitely continue it.  :) Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! Happy holidays to you! XD

@bimbo: Yey, another silent reader! XD Thanks for appearing! And you know, you somehow made me remember TakaTomo. I'm sorry there's hardly any TakaTomo scenes since they are just the side couple. But, not to worry, I'll definitely make a chapter about them with Mariko slightly helping.  :lol: And I'm glad that despite the fact that you find MariHaru weird, you still read it. Thanks for that!  XD I will definitely add more cutesy and some nose bleeding scenes in the future chapters.  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! Happy Holidays to you! XD

To the silent readers and thank you pressers, I thank you as well.   :bow: :bow: :bow:

Remember when I said I wanted to bump the thread for some insights? Well, I suddenly remembered why, thanks to yanouchi:lol: Just a little tidbit about Mariko.

The Mariko in my fic only acknowledges two people as her friend and that's Smiles and Miichan. For her, having those two around is enough and she doesn't care to make new friends and all that. She's totally apathetic and would often refer to a person she met through a messed up nickname that she associates that person to. Much like with Sayaka, she keeps respect points for everyone she meets and often adds points if ever she thinks you're an okay individual to her. That being said, if she calls you by your first name,  that means you've accumulated enough points for her and now regards you as a person. But the thing is, it takes her a lot of time to put points in her respect gauge. For Miichan, it took her years until she consider her as a friend. Smiles took almost a year and Haruna, it took only 3 months which to Miichan and Smiles is definitely a record. Now Mariko is totally unaware of this or she's turning  a blind eye towards the situation. But she does realizes that she's being so nice towards Haruna. Caring for her, running after her, comforting her. All those things came natural when it came to Haruna. She wasn't hesitating or thinking anymore when it comes to helping Haruna. And thus  it got her thinking, 'maybe I do like her.' That's why she said her percentage towards the girl goes higher and lower. She's not sure, yet she can't deny that there is something there. And that's the gist of it that I was supposed to explain!

I just copied that on my conversation with yanouchi. Her question made me remember why I wanted to bump this thread.  :lol:
Sorry about the babbling. But I just needed to get that out since I'm sure Mariko's action tends to get...shifty. I've read it and thought that maybe it didn't made any sense. If it did, yey! If it didn't...there it is. I guess I did a recap right there.  :lol: It's fitting though since this is like Act 2 of BC.
About the love scene poll. I see that most of you are all 'Go' to the love scene. It's still subject to change though. I'm still not sure. Time will tell I suppose.
Anyway, all the yada's aside because of the babbling, here's chap16 for you.

Enjoy!  :)

many thanks to yanouchi and crazywota for the poster

Chapter 16: The 'G' Word!

Do you know…….that your grin is giving me the creeps?

No seriously. I'm seeing a whole different level of creepiness by the grin you're giving me right now. Which by the way makes me question your sanity. I mean, what's with the perverted old man grin you're giving me? Wanna tone it down a bit? Geez, and you call yourself a professional.

What’s my insight for the day, you ask?

Your grin suddenly wiped it out of my head. So forgive me if I don’t have one right now. So moving on now. And yeah, blame yourself for the lack of insight on my part. Tch.

"Mariko!" Snorlax yelled as she tries to get my attention. Seeing that she suceeded as I gave her my indifferent look, she threw the ball in her hands towards me. My reflexes quickly reacted and I made a side step dodging the thrown object heading my way. Creepy, who's closely beside me doing some sort of crab dance, let out another barbaric like scream as she head towards the bouncing ball, grinning. I couldn't help but glare at her as she picked it up. Geez, how can someone be that loud so early in the morning? It's like she had too much vitamins or something. Hmm, could be. Vitamins overload. Ugh.

"Mariko! We're playing basketball here, not dodgeball!" Was Snorlax's peevish reply as she turned to me, her hands resting on her waist as a frown adorned her features. Voices of truimph in the background coming from Crazy Psycho and Creepy could be heard as I rolled my eyes on the miffed looking Pokemon.

Yes, that's right. I am unfortunately playing Snorlax's game with the other crazies in an outside court in the park. Why am I playing, you ask? Hmm, from what was left of my memory earlier as my brain had yet to fully erase what had happened, the crazies were yammering about studying our asses off, evil finals and alot of screams of anguish with curses thrown here and there about their books and professors as they drag me wherever. I didn't have my usual coffee intake earlier so you should just go with that fucked up summary.

Why didn't I escape this fate of mine?

Three crazies, only one me. With that said, do the math.

"Yeah well, didn't you listen to my disclaimer earlier?" I said boredly, keeping my arms crossed over my chest. "I don't play Basketball."

"Or any other balls for that matter." Crazy Psycho added with a smirk as she and Creepy walk towards us.

I turned my bored look towards her. "I see you're taking clown school seriously now."

"Yeah well, it seems to be the only repellant to your sarcasm 101 so..." She shrugged still keeping the smile on her face as she wipes the sweat off of her chin using the back of her hand. The corner of my lips twitched. How interesting. Crazy Psycho retorting quite smartly. I'm slightly impressed there.

"Hey that's 10-2 now." Creepy said, wrapping her sweaty arms around Crazy Psycho's shoulder. "You two got pwned!"

A lone eyebrow slowly rose up as I looked at the grinning victors. Pawned?? Since when was pawning involved?

"No way it's over. Best two out of three, c'mon." Snorlax challenged. I'm sensing that she's the type that doesn't want to lose huh. Or maybe it's because this is her game. Hmmm, yeah I think that's the the case. She's always inviting me to this robust game of hers. Of course I best ignore her invitation since...c'mon. Me and sports? Yeah, we definitely don't mix.

"Sayaka, Sayaka, Sayaka." Creepy shook her head in faux sorrow, making Snorlax imitate my signature pose. With narrowed eyes and her arms crossed over her chest, she listens to Creepy. "You know you can't beat us. We're unstoppable now since we have a secret weapon."

"That's right." Crazy Psycho nodded her head and the two shared a high five, as they grinned at each other.

"Secret weapon?" Snorlax said, cocking her head to the side in confusion.

"You're not going to tell us what this secret weapon of yours is, huh." I stated the obvious as I kept my narrowed eyes at their smug faces. Unfortunately for them, they're missing the whole idea of keeping their secret weapon a secret to their opponents. With beaming smiles, the two dum dums leaned closer to us.

"Oh but we'll tell it to you guys." Crazy Psycho's eyebrow began moving playfully.

"Of course we will." Creepy agreed, nodding her head. Despite wanting to face palm myself because of their gloating selves, my eyebrow cocked upwards in slight curiosity, silently asking them to continue and spill the beans. They were happy to do so as Crazy Psycho let out a smirk and pointed towards me.

"Mariko is our secret weapon." Crazy Psycho let out. "Without her in our team, we'll be sure to win!"

"Yup. That's right." Creepy said, placing a hand on Snorlax's shoulder and giving her a sympathetic smile. "Basically, you're on your own, Sayaka. This is pretty much a handicap match."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the playful smiles being aimed at me. So much for thinking that their secret weapon would be worth hearing. I mean, me being their secret weapon is just--

"Genius." Snorlax nodded her head, seemingly impressed. I turned to her and gave her a look. She shrugged upon seeing it. "What? It is. I mean you're not exactly doing anything but stand there and worry about your...uh...very nice clothing being soaked in your own sweat. Which by the way, can I just add, doesn't fit as being a sportswear." She added, with an appreciative glance as she looks at my loose round neck white shirt underneath my autumn winter navy jacket. Her eyebrow slowly arched up as her eyes began to trek downwards to my fitted jeans and black boots.

"Definitely not for sports." She shook her head with a sigh. The corner of my lips slightly tugged up at that. I'll give her points for the compliment insult she gave me.

"You three didn't exactly give me a choice as you just dragged me out of the room." I deadpanned. True tragic story right there.

"Like you'll change your clothes if we ask you normally to play with us." Crazy Psycho retorted, narrowing her eyes into slits. If by clothes she means like wearing ones like Creepy wherein she's wearing green sleeveless shirt, red oversized shorts, black socks and blue rubber shoes, then no. I'd be caught dead wearing THAT. Yes, the bold and capital letters are appropriate here because I don't want to look like a walking box of crayons here. What?! I'm just saying!

"She's right~" Creepy said in a sing song, high noted voice making me cringe slightly. Well, despite how hurtful that is to my eardrums, she is right, I'll give Crazy Psycho that. But...

"Whatever. Like I care." I rolled my eyes and waved my hand dismissively at the trio. Yes, they seem to have forgotten that I don't care. Seriously, they need to remember that every once in a while. Psh.

"You should care since your girlfriend is over there watching you." Snorlax pointed at the bleachers where Bet--I mean, Haruna is sitting. Yeah, I'm trying this whole goody goody thing wherein I call her by her real name inside my head instead of her made up nickname. Keyword: Trying. Old habits die hard, you know. Oh and yes, she got dragged on by these crazies as well on the way. She got unlucky to have met us on the way. But unlike me, she came willingly the moment she saw me with them. Typical really.

"Uh, that said girlfriend seems to be missing in action now." Crazy Psycho pointed out as she frowned at the bleachers. The rest of us turned to look and followed suit with the frowning. Sitting on the bleachers were our stuff and no Be-Haruna. Goddamn it. I'm cursing for the reason that I kept calling her Betty by the way. No, I'm not cursing here because she suddenly disappeared or anything.

"Hmm? Where'd the Princess go?" Creepy asked. The three turned to me giving me a questioning gaze.

I shrugged nonchalantly, keeping the frown on my face as I answered, "I don't know. Probably the bathroom."

"You're not worried?" Creepy asked, tilting her head slightly to the side.

"It's not like she's going to drown there or anything. I'm pretty sure she's old enough to go to the bathroom by herself." I replied as I rolled my eyes, feeling a bit annoyed. I looked away from their gazes. Every damn time since a week ago when I got myself the girl of my life--mom's words by the way--the crazies have been pestering me about Haruna this and Haruna that, asking me questions about what the hell we've been doing as a "couple" with their pervy eyes and grinning on. The quotation is pretty much necessary since we haven't really done any coupley things. We haven't even dated yet. And it actually feels like we're only a couple based on that social website.

Why the lack of coupley things you ask?

Well if you want to blame someone or something for our inability to do coupley things, blame it on Crackhouse University, our work and...hers and I's lack of experience to these sort of things. Seriously the latter makes me...ugh. Frustration is definitely the word there. I just wanted to grunt it out.

I just...don't know what to do, you know. There's this part of me that tells me to just do those cringe things being shown in the movies, but...would she...like that? I mean, sometimes I just get this feeling that even though we're not doing much; just talking, sitting next to each other, walking side by side, looking at each other comfortably with a bunch of simple etcs, just doing those it's enough for her. Most times she'd just look at me, smiling fondly with her cheeks flushing a bit and I see...contentment in her eyes. Contentment and a whole lot of warmness in those eyes of hers. Looking at her like that, I'll offer her a small smile despite the lingering fear that creeps inside me. Yes, a part of me is afraid...

...I'm afraid that if I do something she's not comfortable with, I'd lose that bright smile and that warmth in her eyes.

Funny right? And a whole bunch of silly and foolishness. Tch. I know.

"We really need to put some romantic bones inside your skinny body." Snorlax sighed, shaking her head. "How Haruna fell for you is beyond me." She says bit she's smiling, so her statement is invalid for me. Psh.

"Agree." Creepy nodded her head, grinning. She then turned to Crazy Psycho silently telling her to agree as well as she moved her eyebrows upward. Crazy Psycho saw the unsubtle message and shrugged.

"Well, I do." She said nonchalantly. Two pair of eyes including mine were aimed at the smiling Crazy Psycho.

"You do?" Creepy asked as she looks at her incredulously.

"Of course! She's my BFFAF you know." Crazy Psycho beamed, but her beaming smile was short lived as she saw me looking at her. "I m-mean, 2nd BFFAF since Mariko owns the top spot and well...you know...yeah. Awkward." She said, scratching her head and giving us a nervous smile. I would like to grunt here and say, 'that again.' But the thing is, I'm a bit curious as to what other things were being said between the two.

Particularly, what Crazy Psycho says about me to Haruna.

"Well let's hope whatever it is that made Haruna like you, you'd continue to keep it up, eh Mariko?" Snorlax grinned as she wrapped her sweaty arm over my shoulder, making me flinch in ewwness. "For your pairings' sake, you know." She added, her eyebrow moving suggestively.

"Oh I'm pretty sure she will." Crazy Psycho nodded, giving me a knowing smile. I rolled my eyes not really caring anymore.

"Whatever." I shrugged Snorlax's arm off. She let out a chuckle as I moved away from her, giving her a glare as I fixed my jacket. I watch as Creepy then latched on Crazy Psycho, trapping her in a head lock as she began asking question why Betty likes me so much. Crazy Psycho began giggling while she struggles from her hold. Snorlax just watches, amused at the rough housing of the two. And me? I'm glancing at the bleachers where Haruna was supposed to be seated watching me make a fool of myself with a smile on her face.

Just...where is she?

"Hey look!" Crazy Psycho cried out halting Creepy's attempts to noogie her. She then pointed towards the direction that caught her attention. "There's Haruna-chan and--"

"Saito-san?" Snorlax let out, her eyebrow raised in confusion. I couldn't help but frown and feel confused as well as I turned to look at the two walking side by side, talking at a distance. Slowly, my eyebrow rose up as I watch the two shares a laugh, Haruna's hand lightly slapping Smiles arm.

Hmm? Since when did these two become all buddy buddy with each other?

This time, I didn't flinch when Creepy wrapped her arms around my shoulder with Crazy Psycho still in locked in her other arm also watching he two. "Wow, your ex and your current. Now that's a sight to see." She said.

"Yeah. When did this happen?" Snorlax asked, nudging me to the side. I ignored the questioning gazes from the two and kept my eyes locked on the other two. Voices of Snorlax and Creepy asking the surprised Crazy Psycho were slowly drowning out into silence. Soon, the only thing I could hear was the beating of my heart. It was steady, yet there was this uncomfortable feeling that was accompanying it. An uneasy feeling that I felt before when I remember the nickname the Squirrel gave Haruna. This was...?

The unease feeling suddenly disappeared before I could put a name to it as Haruna's eyes caught mine. Her eyes brightened and her smile widened upon seeing me. She offered me a hesitant wave and I replied with a soft sigh, my lips tugging up slightly. Whatever that feeling I had earlier, I probably shouldn't worry about that now. Yeah, for now, I shouldn't think about it.

"Hey guys!" Smiles greeted with his usual pretty boy smile. "I bear gifts to quench your thirsts of playing my kind of B-ball. Hooray for me!" He exclaimed as he held his shoulder up emphasizing the bottles of water that he was cradling. The four of us retained our positions as we looked at him, unmoving. I swear I could hear a dying like bird squawking as I stare at his grinning form. The dying bird-like-sounds are courtesy of Crazy Psycho. I think she's trying to make a cricket sound or something that would be highly appropriate for the lack of response we did to Smiles. Instead, she made up some dying like bird sound effect. That's pure Crazy Pyscho.

"Okay, I get it. No hooray for me then." Smiles let out a chuckle, clearly amused at his twin. He then motioned towards Haruna saying, "But you should hooray Haruna here since she was the one who bought these for you guys. I just happen to see her heading this way."

The trio did just that, exclaiming hooray happily and thanking a shy looking Haruna as they grabbed a bottle from Smiles. I stay rooted at my spot, frowning as I continue to look at the two.

Haruna? Smiles calls her Haruna now? Since when did he start calling her in her first name?

"I see you guys attempted to make a sportswoman out of Mariko." Smiles said as he looked at me wearing a playful smile. "I see you guys failed too since she didn't look like she worked up a sweat."

"She just stood there and did nothing!" Snorlax groaned out exasperatedly as she pointed at me. "It makes me wonder how she passed Phys Ed in High School."

"Well she was exceptionally well in soccer." Crazy Psycho glanced at me, grinning "She just stood there much like he did ealier and kick the ball wherever without a care in the world."

"Hey I remember that! Her teammates were so pissed at her that they decided not to pass the ball to her." Smiles laughed.

"That does sound like Mariko." Snorlax chuckled.

"So basically, the Prince survived sports by her definition of teamwork which was to stand and pass wherever?" Creepy asked, laughing herself.

"Exactly. That's practically her motto in sports. Stand and pass." And Crazy Psycho answers with a beaming smile. Chuckles were soon thrown as they look at me, amused. I rolled my eyes and looked away, not really liking this whole flashbacks my supposed bestfriends are doing. And why does it seem like it's always my past that their relieving? Ugh to those and for Haruna joining in with the laugh fest as she giggled. Again, ugh.

"Whatever. If you guys are done, I'd like to just get out of here since...this is clearly not my thing." I say with a sigh as I began walking away, heading towards the bleachers.

"But we're doing best two out of three here!" Snorlax yelled from behind. Clearly she’s still pissed about the losing bit. Tch. Like I care.

Without looking, I replied back, "Use Smiles over there or whatever. I'm out." Screams of protest coming from Crazy Psycho and Creepy could be heard as Smiles agrees with the substitution I suggested. It's not surprising to hear their protest since this time, it'll be them that's handicapped. Plus, their not-so-secret weapon is saying quits now so, yeah, they're so pawned. Whatever that means. Meh, probably sports talk or something.

Before I could reach the bleachers, I hear someone from behind calling out to me. I knew instantly that it was Haruna since she was the only one to call me Shinoda-san. Yeah, she still calls me that despite the whole we're dating thing. I'm going all meh on it for now. I'm sure she'll start calling me by my first name once she starts warming up to me. And no that wasn't laced with perversion. Geez, get your mind out of the gutter please.

"Um, h-here." She said as I turned to look at her.

I cocked my head to the side as I stared at the bottle of water that she's holding out for me to take. With a sigh, I let out, "You do know that I didn't exert physical effort while I was playing, right? Like they said, I just stood there and did nothing," with a shrug.

I know, kinda seashoric of me to say that to my...uh...the one I'm dating. Hmm. We're dating yet we haven't had a single date yet. What do you call that kind of person? Meh, whatever. Anyway, yeah, me seashore, her all nice that makes you all go awwwww. The thing is, I'm grouchy in the morning, especially if I'm awake in this unGodly hour doing unGodly things such as playing with balls--again get your mind out of the gutter--AND haven't had my morning coffee fix. Actually that latter alone would make me a seashore sent from hell. With that said, don't blame me if I'm a total seashore to Haruna who's now rummaging her plastic bag looking for something.

Hmmm?

I blinked back my surprise as this time, she held out a melon bread and a canned coffee.

"S-Since Minegishi-san was eating a bread while she was playing earlier..." She said. I narrowed my eyes momentarily at the memory before she continues.

"I thought that maybe...y-you haven't eaten breakfast yet, so I-I bought you some." She was blushing madly as she talks. I continue to stare at her unmoving, making her nervous that she couldn't help but avert her gaze from me. I saw her grip the canned coffee tight.

"I kn-know that the coffee in the v-vending machine isn't like the coffee you usually drink...b-but I didn't want to be gone for too long so I...j-just..." She trailed nervously, glancing every now and then at me. The corner of my lips twitched at her shy glances. Okay so, this time, yeah you can blame me for my seashore attitude earlier. And yeah, this caring side of her is one of her awwww moments that makes you go all awwww in the inside.

Was I going all awwww in the inside by what she did, you ask?

Well, what do you think?

"Thank you." I tell her softly as I took the offered items from her, my hand brushing against hers. "You didn't have to."

"But I wanted to." She replied just as softly as she looked at me. Her eyes held that familiar warmness in them as she smiles at me. And well, despite the grunts and yells coming from the crazies as they were playing in the background, just staring at each other like we're the only people here, truthfully...

...her eyes aren't the only one that feels warm.

The sudden silence and snickering coming from somewhere somehow brought me back from my daze. Turning to the crazies, I couldn't help but let out a scowl as I see them looking at us with playful and teasing smiles. One word? Privacy. Right now, I want that. Obviously, there is no way we can have that if I'm always surrounded by these damn crazies. And no I don't want to be alone with Haruna for perverted stuff. Again, get your mind out of the gutter.

Cradling the bread and canned coffee in my arm, I took Haruna's hand with my free hand and started dragging her towards the bleachers, ignoring the questions being thrown at me by the crazies. I stopped dragging the confused Haruna when a blue sports car suddenly parked behind the fence in front of us. I couldn't help but let out a groan as the owner stepped out of his car and grinned at me. Let's say bye bye to privacy now and say hello to the Suck up. Ugh.

"Hey gorgeous." He greeted with his usual grin that he always thought was charming. He then gave me a flirtatious wink as he walks towards me, flipping up the collar of his leather jacket. With an eyebrow raised up, he asks, "Miss me?"

I scoffed in annoyance. "Like a tooth ache." I said dryly, my eyes boredly looking at him. I opened my hand that was holding Haruna's to release her from my hold, wanting to cross my arms over my chest. But I found her holding onto my hand with no intent of releasing mine. I glanced at her through the corner of my eye and was slightly surprised to find her close to me, our shoulders almost touching. Hmm? Last I remember, she was behind me and we weren't this close. When did she...?

"I see you haven't lost your feisty attitude eh?" The Suck-Up said as he stopped right in front of me. He began to slowly lean his head towards me, his annoying arrogant face near mine. "You know, I always like that side of yours." His eyes slowly travels downward, sizing me up. His tongue peeks out from his lips, wetting them as his eyes made its way back to mine. With a malicious smile, he added whispering, "Makes me wonder just how feisty you can be in a bed as well."

I kept my face indifferent as he invades my personal space. I don't really care what he says since he's always like that whenever he sees me. It's like his normal pathetic greeting really, just so I would notice him. Yeah this Suck-Up is a major attention seeker. So yeah, I'm all meh about this. The person beside me seems to think and react differently though.

Haruna stared hard, throwing invisible daggers at the Suck-Up who have yet to notice her. Only did she nervously whispered, "You shouldn't...talk to her like that," did the blue streaked Suck-up acknowledged her.

"Hmm? Did you say something?" He replied, tilting his head to the side as he leaned away from me, looking confused at the soft outburst of Haruna. I blinked back my surprise as I looked at her. She was blushing slightly from anger as she glares at Suck-Up. I watch as she swallowed down the nervousness and took a step forward, her trembling hand gripping mine. She was about to say something back, probably to repeat what she said when a ball suddenly came flying and hit the Suck-Up.

"Oww!"

Hard. Right in the head. Heh. Nice shot.

"What the f--?!"

"Oooh. Sorry Bluey. Didn't see you there." Smiles said in faux sympathy as he and the crazies walk towards us. The Suck-Up gritted his teeth upon seeing him.

"Saito Kazuhiko." He disdainfully said at the ever confident Smiles. "Why am I NOT surprised to see you here."

Smiles shrugged nonchalantly. "The ball seem pretty surprised and eager to see you though. I swear it just suddenly flew out of my hand to greet you."

"Or maybe it's because you're jealous of the fact that Mariko here is cozying up on me now." He smiled smugly at Smiles, gloating at his delusions. Me cozying up on him? I'm all meh when it comes to him. He could jump off a cliff for all I care. Oh and yeah, this is another normal occurance here since these two always bicker when they're next to each other. Think of it as their greeting. Their fucked up greeting that is.

"Wow, the ball hit you hard into making you hallucinate eh?" Smiles raised his eyebrow as he crossed his beefy arms over his chest. "But then again, you were pretty delusional since you were a little boy. Guess it's hard to outgrow that huh."

"Whatever, lapdog. Whatever." Blue boy waved his hand dismissively. Crossing his arms over his chest, he then noticed his older sister, staring blankly at him.

"Minami." He greeted, giving Crazy Psycho a curt nod.

"Kuu." Crazy Psycho replied, raising her eyebrow. I watch the two siblings, having a staring standoff. The tension between them was obvious that I wouldn’t question it if Creepy and Snorlax picked up on it despite their lack of knowledge regarding Crazy Psycho's real identity. But based on their confused stares at the two, I'm thinking it'll them a constant shake on their shoulder and a whole bunch of 'I am a millionaire and I'm related to this retarded millionaire' from Crazy Psycho for them to figure out things. Can't blame them really since Miichan looks nothing like a millionaire. A crazy psychotic person, yes. A millionaire? Hell no. Oh, and if you are wondering, this whole staring showdown the sibilings are doing is another normal occurrence for me. They tend to do that every time they'd meet. What happens after the staring showdown? Well mostly, they'd bicker about whoever is most suited for the throne and whatever it is filthy stinking rich people who apparently are related to each other usually fight over. Yeah, the norm. If I were you, I'd just shrug on it and be all meh about it.

Anyway, the whole staring thing lasted just a few seconds before Smiles decided to intervene and challenge him into playing basketball. The Suck-Up actually accepts thinking that he'll win and it'll get me to fall for him and live happily ever after. Seriously fucked up I know, but that's how delusional he can be.

So yeah, they're now having a one on one match to the death with Snorlax as their referee. Me and the others? Well, us four are watching them as we sit on the bleachers. Okay, correction, Creepy and Crazy Psycho are watching noisily two steps above us while I'm seated next to a gloomy looking Haruna who still hasn’t said a word besides her stammered apology when I said I needed my hand back to eat her offered goodies. Yeah she's in full depression mode as her head was downcast to the ground. I couldn't see her eyes as her hair covers them, but yeah, I have a feeling Haruna is upset about earlier. Why you ask? I think I know, but I want to know for sure why.

Tearing off the bread in half, I held it towards Haruna. "Want some?"

She blinked a couple of times at the offered bread then shook her head, smiling slightly as she looks at me. "No, thank you."

Okay, so normally in this situation, if I was talking to a normal person, I'd shrug and leave that person be since I already did the good deed. But this person beside me who just let out a sad sigh and went back to her usual habit of staring on the ground isn't a normal person. No, that wasn't meant to be mean! Geez. What I mean is, she's not normal to me. She's my...uh...the person I'm dating yet haven't dated yet. Yeah, just go with that title for now. I'll just change that once we did the dating bit.

"You okay?" I asked before taking a chug at the canned coffee. I restrained making a face at the eww taste since well, I don't want her to think that I'm not grateful and all. Yeah I'm just going to grin and bear it. I'm such a goody goody now. And no, no sarcasm laced words there. That's the truth you know. Oh don't roll your eyes on me like that.

She nodded her head and gave me a small smile as she glanced at me. "I'm fine." Was her soft and short answer. She can't possibly think that I'd buy that. Psh.

"No you're not." I said in a matter of fact tone as I took a bite of my bread while I glance at her. She blinked a couple of times as she stares at me, eyes widening slightly. I kept my eyes locked on hers until I heard yelling from the Suck-Up. I turned to look and found the Suck-Up stomping his feet to the ground as he whines to Snorlax about a foul or something. That is so like Crazy Psycho. That shouldn’t surprise me since they are related.

I let out a sigh, shaking my head as I looked at the bickering Buffoon and Fat head getting into each other’s faces while the two above us shouts their protests. Soon the two are pushing each other, their anger heightening. Again, I repeat, normal occurrence right there people.

Snorlax quickly moved into action and began pushing Smiles away from the smug looking Suck-Up who's continuing to egg Smiles on. Upon seeing the danger brewing, the two crazies above me quickly pushed themselves up and headed towards the three. Me? Well, I'm just sitting still, chewing the remains of my bread and even taking a sip of the sewer like coffee with my eyes narrowed not really caring about what they’re doing. Crazies...UGH. Need I say more?

I can see the person beside me moving through the corner of my eye. Glancing at her, I wasn't surprised to see her worriedly looking at the messed up crazies and preparing to join the three who are doing some trouble control between the two knuckleheads. She stood up and took a step towards them and just stood here, unmoving.

Why you ask?

Well, you know...because I quickly took hold of her arm and stopped her from going further.

"Stay." I breathed out, squeezing her arm. She turned to me, her eyebrows creased in confusion.

"B-But..."

"Let those three handle it. Just...stay here."

She looked at the crazies then back at me, looking uncertain as she bit her lower lip. Her goody goody sense must be tingling or something. No surprise there. I mean, she will forever be a goody goody. Unless, that is, I influenced her or something. But nah, I doubt that'll happen. I think it's more like I'll get influenced by her.

Or maybe...I already am.

Sighing, I pulled her to sit to which she went along without complaints or her usual stammered ‘buts.’ With my hand still taking hold of her arm, I assured her, "It's okay. This normally happens you know," as I shrugged casually.

"Oh." Was her low spirited reply, her eyes slowly making its way to the ground again. I couldn't help but crease my brows as her hands began playing with her shirt. I watch her for a moment until she softly mumbled to herself, “Should I be....worried then?" keeping her eyes on the ground.

“What?”

“It’s...it’s nothing.” She muttered as she shook her head and looked away. She then let out a sigh, pulled out a textbook and began reading it. I cocked my head to the side as I continue to look at her, wondering what she meant by that. Should she worry about what? The fact that what the two blockheads are doing is normal? Hmm. I’m thinking no, that’s not what she meant by that. It’s entirely different and well…I have no idea what it is.

Should I be worried myself then?

“Hey.” I let out softly, moving a bit closer to her, our sides touching. She turned to look at me as I placed my hand on her wrist, squeezing it gently. “You know you can talk to me about anything, right? I mean I’m your—“ I cut myself off, pursing my lips tight as I frowned in frustration while she looks at me expectantly. Her eyes were encouraging my frustrated ones, urging me to continue what it is that I wanted to say, but I have no idea what I am to her. I know that I’m the girl she likes and that I like her back a bit. I asked her out a week ago, and she answered me with a nod and brightest smile I’ve seen her wear. And, that’s it. The following events after that could only be interpreted as what close friends do. Best friends even. At least to other people that is. The only difference is the warm smiles she gives me, and I smile to her back. Other than that…nothing. We’re just two people who like each other and have yet to have a date when we should have. What the hell do you call that?!

“God Haruna, what are we?” I asked breathlessly, looking at my hand on her wrist. “We haven’t gone on a single date yet and…I don’t know what we are. What are we?”

A hand covers mine, squeezing it softly. “We are what you us to be.” Was her soft reply. My eyes slowly made its way to hers and the instantly does, she gave me that warm smile of hers, those dark brown eyes of hers underneath her thick rimmed glasses glistening slightly.

She is…what I want her to be.

“Hey gorgeous! Why aren’t you watching me? I just made a dunk for you!” A growl from an annoying person suddenly brought me back, or rather, us back since Haruna retracted her hand that’s covering mine and turned towards the owner of the voice. Frowning at the loss of contact both from her eyes and from her hand, I turned to look at fuck face as I clench my jaw tight. I didn’t realize that he was heading our way and was surprised when he quickly grabbed Haruna’s textbook on her lap and looked at it.

“Psychology? What is this crap? You’d rather read this than see me play?” Says the Suck-Up who raised his brow at the book, probably thinking that me and Haruna were reading it as it was placed on her lap. The owner of the book quickly shot up and tries to reach for it but the Suck-Up held it up, preventing it from happening.

“Give it back.” Haruna said as she stood in front of Fat head, her arms outstretched trying to reach for her book.

“This yours, nerdy?” He questioned with a grin, continuing to hold up the book as far as he can just to torture the girl in front of her. Nerdy? The fuck?!

“Give it back!” Haruna tries again, jumping slightly to reach it. Her nails accidentally scratched the Suck-Up’s face in the attempt to save her book, making him groan out in pain. He growled and took hold of her wrist, glaring at her. And well…all hell breaks loose.

I quickly stood up and took hold of the wrist that was holding hers.

“Get your filthy hands off of my girlfriend!” I snarled, gritting my teeth hard as I glared at the Fat head. Two pair of eyes looked at me, surprised. Let me tell you, I’ve never felt so angry in my whole life. I honestly wanted to kill the guy, you know. But I didn’t. I just held him tightly, digging my long, manicured nails on his wrist making him flinch at the pain.

“Wh-what?” He stammered, eyes widening.

“Wow. Forget I said that you don’t have any romantic bones anywhere because…wow. Flabbergasted here right now.” I hear Snorlax say.

“What she said.” Smiles said probably nodding.

“You tell him, Mariko! Defend your woman!” Crazy Psycho cheered probably pumping her fist in the air.

“Yeah Prince! Defeat the blue haired pure evil and say my real name while you’re at it!” Creepy, still at it with the name thing. I would narrow my eyes at that…actually, I would definitely narrow my eyes at all of those that were said, but I didn’t. Why you ask? Simple really.

I just held my fiery gaze on the blue haired prick that angered me in a whole different level. The DIE DIE DIE kind of level that is. And yes, all bold and all capital right there.

“You heard me.” I growled huskily. He flinched again as I dig my nails deeper in his skin. I wouldn’t be surprised if I tear his skin with how hard I’m gripping him. He loosened his hold on Haruna and at the book he’s holding, dropping it on the ground as I stepped closer to him, our bodies a few inches apart. My eyes momentarily looked at his neck as he swallowed his neck muscles moving. My gaze went back to his eyes, his nervous, surprised and confused eyes that were staring back at me. “Don’t fucking touch my girlfriend or else…” I threatened, my eyes narrowed dangerously. After much of throwing pure hatred at him, I released him and pushed him away with my free hand. He stumbled a few steps and held his injured wrist, blinking a few times as he looked at me.

I turned behind me to where a surprised Haruna is. The anger inside slowly dissolves and was altered into worry upon seeing her.

“You okay?” I asked moving closer to her. I placed my hand on her shoulder. “He didn’t hurt you, did he?”

She blinked a couple of times, her lips opening and closing as if to say something, but couldn’t. Instead, she just opted to shake her head in response. I would’ve preferred her talking, but I guess what I said shocked her. But despite the underlying dread I feel upon her reaction to the ‘G’ word, I let out a sigh of relief, my face softening as I looked at her.

“Good.” I said softly, squeezing her shoulder gently.

“You have got to be kidding me here.” The Suck-Up groaned behind me. I glanced over my shoulder and found him looking at me in disgust, his hand still holding his other. “A girlfriend Mariko? Seriously? Why would you venture there when you of all people can have—“

He cuts himself off and began to laugh sardonically. I turned to look at him, my eyebrow raised. The hell is he laughing at?

“Know what? Whatever. I shouldn’t be surprised by this. I mean, you’re friends with HER so whatever it is she has, you obviously got it too.” He trailed off as he pointed at Crazy Psycho who instead of being offended by what her brother is insinuating, ended up grinning and giving me a thumbs up.

“Friends for life, bestie.” She wiggled her eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes at that. Ugh, Crazy Psycho.

“That’s nothing to be proud of!” The Suck-Up growled at his sister who raised her eyebrow at his outburst.

“I am what I am and she is what she is, with that said, fuck off.” I said as I picked up Haruna’s book on the ground.

“Amen to that.” Crazy Psycho beamed and I rolled my eyes yet again. Turning to Haruna, I grabbed her hand wanting to take her away. She really shouldn’t be here when we’re discussing this preposterous topic. This is all new to her and…yeah, I have to get her out of here. But before I could do that, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Glancing over my shoulder I found the Suck-Up, frowning.

“You can’t possibly be serious in this…abnormal relationship.” The Suck-Up stepped forward, giving me a look of disbelief. “You don’t need to go this route and follow the likes of her!”

I shrugged his hand off. “Too late for that. I already am in this route and I have no intention of leaving it so soon since, yeah, I just got myself a girlfriend.” I held out the hand that I’m holding for the Suck-Up to see. He looked stunned as he saw our interlaced hands. Yeah, he should just suck on it.

Shaking my head, I began dragging Haruna towards the bleachers, ignoring the gazes that followed us. Without removing my hand on hers, I picked up her bag and mine and proceeded to head towards the exit.

“Where are you going?” Crazy Psycho asked in the distance.

“I’m going on a date with Haruna! And you idiots better not follow us since I want some alone time with her.” I replied as I continue to drag my stunned girlfriend behind me. Cat calls and whistles from the distance could soon be heard as we continue to walk. Ugh, crazies. But yeah, whatever. We’re going on a date today, whether we like it or not. Here’s hoping she does like it.

But then again, feeling her grip on my hand as we continue to walk, I have a feeling, she does.

TBC

Next UP: Datoh. Datoh. Fluff with a bunch of sweetness. I think.  :nervous Will update in a few days. I'm not telling when now since it doesn't happen. I think I'm jinxing myself whenever I tell when I update.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading!  :bow:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:31:47 AM by FoF »

Offline lovemariharu

• Member+
  • SNH48 Savoki赵嘉敏 推し
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »
yay.. update!
BOOKED XD XD

FoF-san! I LOVE YOU! BEST NEW YEAR GIFT EVER EH? XD XD

Waking up early in the morning, saw that you said you're going to have it updated in the comment..
Immediately checked and really! UPDATED!! >.<

Going all crazy now.. I mean, welcomed by this is just WOW..
And.. So.. This is an admission chapter? wahahahhaa~

next chapter is date.. OMG.. date :heart:
Going all crazy now~ OMGGGGG..

PLease do update soooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Just can't wait for it >.<
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:14:56 AM by lovemariharu »

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2012, 11:39:45 PM »
Finally! Have waited for weeks for this. And you're very welcome. Happy holidays to you too, I hope you had a good one. :) XD
Well I'm going to school next week for exams preparation and for the finals. :( :cry:

:lol: I totally laughed at the:
"It makes me wonder how she passed Phys Ed in High School."

Kuu's unexpected appearance. :shocked I never thought he would appear again ever since parents day. Honestly I don't like his attitude :smhid it's really rude.
Mariko going all protective to her girlfriend with a huge hint of romance and going on a date after that whole thing with Kuu at the end. :O XD
As usual, you never failed to surprise me within every chapter. :lol:

Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work.
Please update as soon as you can!!!  XD
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline yanouchi

• MariHaru Love Hunter!!
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)人(бвб)
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2013, 12:14:04 AM »
owh my, i wanna cry when i read the new title.....the best new year gift!! reserved space.....will be back later....

My eyes wide open :shock: when Mariko said "Get your filthy hands off of MY GIRLFRIEND!" ... just wow,  Way to go, Mariko! i love that scene....
from manly - defend her gf...the gripping, the stare, romantic, to caring - checking on her gf condition. Mariko, i love you!..  :luvluv1:
Even when she said "Hey.." softly to Haruna makes me feel giddy inside.... :wriggly:

Some Mariko's jealousy there when Haruna with Smile and he call her first name...

finally alone time together, a date for the next chapter...and triple please, hoping that there's no interruption between them...

Great chapter FoF-san, take care....

edit: i noticed you edit some parts in Chapter 15...and love it btw :lol:
“What if the girl you like doesn’t like the idea of being with someone else as well?”
to
"What if the girl you like doesn't like the idea of being with someone else as well? That maybe...she wants to be with you?"
I asked, opting to do it her way. She turned to me, her eyes still held the sadness and fear she feels.
But then again, I don’t know if I’m imagining it or what, I think I see a very faint glimmer of hope in her eyes.
Seeing that, even though it’s faint or I’m just imagining it, makes me feel a bit hopeful as well.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:47:20 PM by yanouchi »

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2013, 04:27:50 AM »
Fuck yeah!!! Mariko was so cool here! She put the dot on the 'i' with Kuu!
Can't wait for the date!!!!
How could we get our mind out of the gutter when you always remind us to do it xD

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2013, 05:36:07 AM »
I'm definitely screaming and grinning in happiness right now  :hiakhiakhiak:

Have been checking this page for the last few days and this is the best New Year gift ever  :kneelbow:

Mariko is being so manly and romantic!  :shy2: The 'G' word and her initiative to go on a date and spend some alone time with Haruna just makes me  :luvluv1:

Please please please update fast!

Offline flameeyes

• MARIHARU 4EVER?..LOVE is POSIBLE even it is FORBID
  • Member+
  • LOVE ME and I WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!!
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2013, 06:19:51 AM »
saving ma space here hehehhe~

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE
(´∩`。) 。:゚

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2013, 06:27:00 AM »
-Hello.

-FoF-san-

-Nice chapter!

-Thank you for update :)

-Ganbatte

-WMatsui_22-
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline crazywota

• Doki Doki and Shit
  • Member+
  • (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2013, 08:14:19 AM »
First of all, I would like to greet you and your family A Happy Happy New year. May 2013 bring you lots of blessings and Happiness (?) (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I have been always thinking whether you'll update on the 25th which is Christmas but then Christmas passed yet still no update so maybe New Year? ...and Tada!! Here it is! The Chapter 16 that made the start of my 2013 full of Happiness and Doki Doki. LOL. So the first part of this chappy... "Where the hell is Haruna?! Isn't she supposed to be having a date with Mariko wherein they'll go doki doki with each other and Me flailing and screaming right here in my room while reading with my mom on the next room telling me to shut up"  :banghead: until it came to the part where the "I want to get inside your Panty, Mariko" guy came. I meant Kuu ofcourse. :v Ughhh. But srsly I wanted to thank him for coming btw, Without him appearing We wouldn't hear Mariko say that "g" word to describe our beloved princess in the story.  :heart: I so fell inlove with Mariko on that scene. specifically this line --> “Get your filthy hands off of my girlfriend!” and this one too -->  “Don’t fucking touch my girlfriend or else…” Ughh. ALL THE FEELS. This was more than my expected happening to be on this chapter! I am really looking more forward on the next chapter now!! .. and btw while picturing Mariko dragging Haruna and telling others that she'll take her GIRLFRIEND on a date without any idiots following them plus she wanted to have an alone time with her. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW ASDFGHKJL:ASDJSALK:. I love you for that! LOL

...Well to cut that scary looking paragraph that i wrote, I really love this Chapter!!  :heart: and Looking forward on the next one! Thank you for the update and as always have a great day FoF!  :)

and btw, I just wanted to share this. This is how I picture Smiles in my head when I'm reading....aswell as POF's Yuu  :nervous His name is Mizobata Junpei  :thumbup
-->
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maaehv2Dwq1qlh0oto1_500.jpg
and since he's called smile and all here's a photo of him smiling. lol
-->
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5dcwsqWWl1qbkp35o1_500.jpg

Ohwell, That's it. Bye and Thank you again See on the next chappy  :thumbup

Offline KojiYuu44

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:12 AM »
Yes Mariko you tell him  :twothumbs
Can't wait for the date!!

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2013, 09:19:43 AM »
RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR~~~~~!!!!!!

OMG They finally going on a date!!! I've missed commenting on so many updates I don't know where to start again =O. Okay this might end up pretty long as I try to recollect in my memories my thoughts when I first read them but didn't have time to make my presence known =P. Well Immortal's usually tend to hide a lot anyways keke.

Alright after 10 mins of searching I finally found my last comment on chapter 10..... a loooooong time ago.

Chapter 10 - 14: Ah the auto-deleting function! I want!! Actually I think I half a semi auto-deleting function for my "I don't care anymore do whatever you want" moments keke. Had to re-read this chapter to remember I was almost jumping when Mariko said "Make that 100"!!! YES!! Took those numbers long enough to get there, but what is more surprising is Mariko's % is rising up pretty fast too according to Snorlax, who finally gets a name later. Noooo Mariko-sama is breaking keke. Talk about skills, able to just listen once and get the chords down easily and play it back out on the guitar! I wish I can do that so I don't have to practice at all.. but then because I don't practice I can't really play =p. You would think an immortal would have time to do everything  :lol:

Stripper names too ROFL~!!!! Scrooge is too epic especially if she really walked down the stage just like how she described it =). Ahhhh too much to comment about, too much happening all at once. But best of all more YUKI!!!!! keke It's nice that Yuki and Sayaka is helping Mariko-sama work out her problems, and teach her the history of Adam and Eve, its all about the apple =) Ahhh Mariko is really soften, she's giving Miichan a piggyback ride. But really all that hidden side of Mariko, giving up joining the band because she know Miichan can't. So even thought she complains about being surrounded by Crazies she still wanna be with them =)

Mariko made the first move to ask for the "talk" even made sure to sit on the ground so their eyes can meet "aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww"  So many  :wub: moments everywhere.

You know when I was young I did wonder why the sky is blue but then science had to ruin it all for me *pouts* Someone should've just told me "It just is" and left it as that.

I just had to ROFL non-stop when I read this part “I can’t believe you really went with my advice and really took a bite of her.” She assumed as she chuckled then began nudging my side. “You probably ate her out last night, eh?” thanks sayaka for letting us know what's on your mind  :)

I don't even remember when did seashore appeared but its sticking to my mind and when I see that word I see an image of Mariko.... it's like I sit there chatting with friends about vacation and beaches etc then seashore comes up and BAM *insert mariko image* HAHAHAHA
It's nice how everyone is now trying to help Mariko with her "Betty" problem, talking it out and stuff, before it was just push her to Haruna and now its time she takes that first bite. Oh no Betty broke Scroogeeeeeee by running away from the problem.

----- I just realize I did leave a comment between chapter 14 and 15 that says nothing at all, except appear and leave spam while I was still floating on foreign land keke -----

Chapter 15: IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!! Finally after all that what if 'the girl' doesn't like or like conversation they finally come to a conclusion. Shinoda Mariko - In a relationship with Kojima Haruna geez it's like omg can't talk directly, it's like both side scared to straight out say they like each other. I was sitting there going, just say ittttttttttttt, she's like right there in front of you.

Chapter 16: TBH I can't see this Mariko playing baseball at all poor Sayaka will have to do triple the work (her's, mariko's and the teamwork that's suppose to be there). Definitely a perfect secret weapon for the opposite team, it's like the strategy to win is to force the opposing team to take the weak player.... But why is Haruna still calling Mariko... Shinoda-san =.= nuuuu that's all wrong!!!!
 I don't know if I should be angry at Miichan's brother for saying all those things to Haruna or should I be thanking him for doing what he did so Mariko can shout out loudly to the world “Get your filthy hands off of my girlfriend!” There she finally said it, confirmed it, and is putting action to the term dating. FINALLY!!!!

So I know I said it would be long but things keep coming up so it's shorter then I originally planned. Overall I really enjoy reading this fic, the way it progress and the characters in this fits perfectly to give enough drama and humor to keep me drugged! Yes drugged!!!! I need moreeeeeeeeee of this or I might die, well maybe not die I'm immortal just go into withdrawal. Everything appears to be well planned out the progression of everything is at a good speed, not too fast and not too slowly. I think I mentioned it before but I really like how you seem to randomly throw in everything that is irrelevant but then tie it in to make it an important part of inner Mariko's thoughts. Just a quick review there was... curses, jumping off buildings, types of regrets, super human abilities, groundhog day, adam and eve and the blue sky.  XD

..... and while I re-read your story and wait for the upcoming chapters, I was reminded that I still owe you a MariHaru =P keke

Okay Immo-K has to go back to workie, Happy New Year, I will wait patiently for your updates <--- more like because I can't be here as often as I want keke but I'll be waiting   :twothumbs

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:19:21 PM by immortal_K »

Offline flameeyes

• MARIHARU 4EVER?..LOVE is POSIBLE even it is FORBID
  • Member+
  • LOVE ME and I WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!!
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »
SO that's it~

:pen_read: :pen_read: :pen_read: :pen_read:

I read it again and refresh the not so smutty moment

:mon lovelaff: :mon XD: :mon blood: :mon crazyinlove: :mon trannie: :mon crazyinlove:

and kya~  :tama-apeshit:

mariko got a girl [when fof Update chapter 15] and after 6 days I got a girl toO!!!!!!  :tama-lotsaluv: :tama-excite: :tama-heart: :tama-yeeaah:

urgh~  :mon blood: I'm making mine for real~  :mon mischief:

:mon dance: :mon dance: :mon dance:

ahahahahha
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

can't wait for the next update~ :mon fan:

this fic...  :? I don't know how or why  :mon noprob: but it is like I make this fic. as my~ "reference" in real life  :lol:

:mon inluv: I really love you nee-chan~  :mon inluv:

always heaven when I read this fic

:mon angel:

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Ja ne~  :mon bye:

=====================================

take care always  :pour: and keep up you nice hot beautiful awesome fabulous fanfic~  :eyes: nee-chan~  :twothumbs

:skull: :cat: :pen_whirl: :pen_wave: :pen_whirl: :cat: :skull:

=====================================

◄FLAMEEYES is DEAD~  :imdead:
Proud to be an E-book Reader
 :pen_read: :pen_read: :pen_read:

=============================================================

P.S

imortal-K-san~
I don't know when and where I read it~
but I'm still waiting your promise fanfic about mariharu~  :lol:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:01:54 AM by flameeyes »

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE
(´∩`。) 。:゚

Offline Sara-chan

• Hentairin is my Goddess
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I dont Speak english very well sorry :'C
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2013, 04:35:03 PM »
you are a evil person  :OMG: you made me addicted to your fanfiction  :fainted:
and I'm not even a fan of mariharu!  :on cloudeye:

please update soon you're a great writer  :sashiko:

Offline lovemariharu

• Member+
  • SNH48 Savoki赵嘉敏 推し
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
you are a evil person  :OMG: you made me addicted to your fanfiction  :fainted:
and I'm not even a fan of mariharu!  :on cloudeye:

please update soon you're a great writer  :sashiko:

Same here~ Different part is, I'm a MariHaru shipper..
MariHaru is my kami-pairing >.<

FoF-san.. It has been days!! :p

Offline Suicchin

• ひとりに しない で
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)八(бвб)
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2013, 04:18:21 AM »
Your fic was good at first, and now IT'S EVEN BETTER AKSJDADH

I just love everything about it, really. The way Mariko defends Haruna is so cool and cute and perfect and asdklajs I don't know (?

I'm really waiting for next chapt and for MariHaru's date <3
♥ 恋がしたいのに、うまく恋ができない… そもそも、恋愛なんて私たちには贅沢なんだろうか?  ♥

The Fantastic world of the Wonka Couple FF Chapter 4 [Hiatus]
Who said you can win my heart so easily? Chapter 1 -part 2-[Hiatus]
One-shots / Drabbles / Etc

Offline Souju

« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2013, 06:07:38 PM »
 :shocked I have to say this is the best
AKB48 long fanfic I ever read.

:thumbsup GJ FoF!

waiting for the next chapter!

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:17 AM »
Aahh, my most favorite fanfic these days. I gotta say, though, with how Mariko's and Haruna's character acting here, I have a hard time imagining hot scenes, lol. Unless Haruna is totally unBetty-ed and Mariko is unScrooge-d, and suddenly change character, that is  XD
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 17: The Pouting Princess!)
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2013, 03:23:41 PM »
Honestly I really didn't think you guys would've liked the previous chapter since that was sort of like filler chapter.
But seeing the positive comments, just wows me. Thanks so much.  :bow:

My replies to commenters!

@lovemariharu: I'm glad you liked it.  XD Honestly, I wasn't thinking that my update would be some sort of a gift to you guys. I just suddenly finished writing on that day without thinking that it was new year. :nervous An admission chapter? Hmm, you could say that I guess. Mariko did suddenly blurt out the G word without even a warning huh.  :lol: Sorry about the delay. But I did update after a few days, right?  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@RJay: I had a very good holidays. I hope you had one too!  XD Though, it's over now which is kinda sad.  :lol: You have it rough it seems. But keep on hanging on. It won't be long till you see that graduation you've been preparing for. Hang on Rjay-san! You can do it! XD Rude Kuu will make an appearance throughout the fic now. We need a bad guy so...I choose him.  :nervous I like surprising people really. It makes every chapter interesting. I think.  :nervous Thanks for reading and commenting! Good luck on your studies! XD

@yanouchi: I'm pretty sure anyone would fall for Mariko if ever she did the whole knight and shining armor thing.  :lol: Yes, despite Mariko not naming that uneasy feeling she had, she was jealous. She's just being dense now. Funny how the tables have turned. :lol: I'm surprised you caught that edit I did.  :shocked I am editing everything one by one. I'm actually reading it as a whole which is pretty uneasy for me.  :nervous Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@kahem: I actually imagined you yelling 'fuck yeah' despite the fact that I haven't heard your voice yet. How weird is that! :lol: And l loled at your mind out of the gutter comment.  :rofl: You are right. How can you guys get your mind out of the gutter when Mariko herself keeps reminding you.  :lol: But, her reminding that is definitely needed.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@bimbo: I'm glad that previous chap made you grin from happiness.  I'm grinning because you're grinning. So yey! XD I really hadn't thought of it as a gift, but since you guys think it is. Another yey!  XD She does seem pretty manly there for a second huh. Well I guess Haruna brings out the manliness in her.  :lol: Sorry I couldn't update early. I wasn't really in a writing mode these days :nervous Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@Wmatsui22: Hello as well Wmatsui22-san!  XD I'm glad you liked the previous chapter.  :) Thank you for the good luck as well.  XD Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@crazywota: First, thank you for the greeting. I hope that you and your family had a merry and a happy as well during the holidays.  :) May 2013 bring us lots of blessings and happiness that'll make us barf rainbows.  XD You know I like that emoticon you used. It made me laugh. He just looks so crazy throwing shiny things. :lol: I'm glad that the previous chapter made you all doki doki with happiness. And I know the feeling about how you're spazzing and your mom who's just next room is all like, 'shut up.' Happens to me too, but instead of doing what she said, I'd scream louder.  :lol: Don't try that, seriously.  :lol: Well if you put it that way, yeah, it does seem like we should all thank Kuu for being rude enough to undress Mariko with his eyes right in front of Haruna. And for being a bully to Haruna making Mariko blurt out that G word. He should get an award then. :lol: For now.  :lol: Much thanks for the love and the feels!  XD I'm so glad you liked that chap.  :) And you know, I was supposed to be thinking of another person as Smiles and Yuu, but seeing who you're imagining them to be, it just suddenly stuck to me.  :lol: I am imagining him as Smiles now. He just fits as Smiles. I don't know why really. :lol: He's that guy in the Highschool Debut movie right? I have a copy of that but I haven't watched it. Makes me want to watch it now.  :lol: Have a great day to you as well!!  XD Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@KojiYuu44:
Mariko did tell him, but I doubt that'll make him disappear.  :lol: The date? Hopefully, despite the weirdness of their date, you'd still like it.  :) Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@immortal_K: I actually remember you commenting between chap 14 and 15 and was totally confused when you said that your last comment was on chapter 10. Do Immortals time travel as well?  :lol: Auto-delete function huh. I actually have one of those. Dangerous among friendhsip, really.  :lol: Aww, I'm pretty sure you have all the time in the world to practice playing guitar. And by all I mean ALL the time in the world.  :lol: I know what you mean about the blue sky. I mean, I thought the answer to that would be epic, you know, because it's blue.  :lol: But then you started learning physics and was like, 'what? That's not epic!' lol. Mariko-sama's image appears in your head whenever seashore comes up? I seriously don't know if I did a good thing or a bad thing there. :nervous I think you should just join the bandwagon of thanking Kuu for now.  :lol: Thank you dear immortal one for liking my fic enough to keep you drugged. XD Immortals can't die so yeah, definitely withdrawals. :lol: The random stuff is actually the hardest part to write and is often the last part I write. So I'm glad that despite the whacking I did to come up with something random as those things, it fits the story. :) That and people like it. lol. Yes. Your MariHaru fic. Hey, I'm patient you know. So...still waiting. Patiently waiting. XD Happy new year as well immortal one! Thanks for reading and making that long ass comment! XD Greatly appreaciated. XD

@flameeyes: You have no idea how much I laughed my ass off when I read that after 6 days, you had a girl yourself.  :rofl: :rofl: I know I've said my congratulations to you, but still, again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!   :twothumbs May you and your wife live a prosperous life!  XD And NO! You shouldn't make this as a reference to your own love life.  :nervous Seriously, don't.  :lol: Much thanks for the love.  :) And I'm pretty sure this fic isn't the only one who's making you feel heaven nowadays.  ;) Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@Sara-chan: Despite me being dubbed as an evil author  :lol:, I'm happy that you got addicted to this fic.   XD Thank you new reader for appearing.  XD And you know, you not being a MariHaru fan makes me want to thank you more for being open enough to read it. Seriously, much thanks.  :) Thanks for reading and commenting as well. XD See, there's a lot of thanks there.  :lol:

@Suicchin:
Thank you for the AKSJDADH and for thinking that.  XD  I do hope I live up to your expectation about it being better.  :nervous But, I will definitely do my very best until this fic is finished.  :) And yeah, Mariko does seem cool and cute and perfect and asdklajs. Even I went all asdklajs to her sometimes.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@Souju: Uh, thanks for thinking that.  :nervous I'm glad you like it long enough to call it the best. Seriously, thanks.  :) I'll try my very best for it to still be the best for you.  :nervous I seriously don't know if I got that right.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@Yuki88: Thanks for making this a favorite then.  :) I'm glad you like it.  XD You know, you're right. With them acting all cutesy with each other, it'll definitely be hard for you to imagine hot scenes.  :lol: So maybe I should get on with the hotsy and cut the cutesy between them.  :lol: Oh and the two of them will definitely be  unScrooge-d and unBetty-ed in the future chapters.  :lol: It's just a matter of time, really. Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

To the silent readers and thank you pressers, I thank you as well.
  :bow: :bow: :bow:

With that done, I guess let's go with the datoh then.  :lol:
Just a warning though. This chapter is highly influenced by the sappy music I put myself into just so I could write this in full fluff.
I wasn't in the mood to write since there are a lot of things happening around me lately. So I drowned myself into music to force myself to get into the mood.
It worked. So I'm thanking my playlist for this chapter.  :lol:
Forgive me if it's too much though. Because seriously, I think it's too much.  :nervous
I hope you guys like it as it is sort of a 1 year anniv chapter for this fic.  :nervous
I actually hadn't realized that I was writing this fic for a year now and well...it made me feel like I should speed up a bit.
Honestly, I can end this in 6 chaps...but since you guys are so nice...I'll make it longer. Like 7 chaps.  :lol:
Kidding aside, I'll prolong the sweetness and cringe scenes between the two since their characters will most definitely change as the story goes. :)
Yeah, another slow and painful development for the two. So your patience will be tested once again.
But at least they're together now so... :lol:

As usual, I warn!
This is fiction. If I ever offend someone, please feel free to tell me.  :)

Oh yeah, aidodaisuki (of tumblr), yanouchi and crazywota made the new banner of BC in the beginning. Much thanks to them! :twothumbs
I made one myself.  :) Looking at that actually helped me write.  :lol:
And I guess, I want you guys to remember Betty, since the end is near.  :nervous
Forgive the glasses, I just draw that on Haruna.  :nervous
I know I babbled long, but hey, it's been a year you know.  :rofl:
Okay, I'll stop now.
Enjoy!  :)

Chapter 17: The Pouting Princess

I wonder, is there a part of your body that you hate?

Wait, scratch that since I’m pretty sure I know what part of your body you hate. Why am I asking you that when it’s obvious right? Oh don’t give me that look. I’m just telling the truth here. I don’t really care if I hurt your feelings. Boo-effing-hoo.

What’s mine you ask?

…Lame technique for changing the subject there. You really need to change your way of doing that. But since you’re looking at me indifferently as if you’re saying, ‘Just fucking answer the question seashore,’ I’ll play along your lameness and give you an answer. What’s the part of my body that I hate the most? Easy.

My hands.

You look surprised there. Were you thinking of me saying that it was my breasts? Hmph. Yeah right. Like I said earlier, I don’t really care about my breasts since it’s just an unnecessary mammary gland. You don’t think so, right? Heh. Don’t think I don’t know the kind of person you are. If these walls could talk, right? Tch.

You’re asking me why I don’t like my hands?

Well, did you know that I've had my first guitar when I was 5 years old?

My dad bought me a small guitar on my 5th birthday thinking that it might be cute for me to have one. That and he wanted to dress me up as a Hawaiian dancer with them leaves as its skirt and coconuts as their bras. Yeah, apparently, he was fond of dressing me up in cutesy dresses or attires when I was little. He has a photo album of that and would open them up to relieve the memories when it’s my birthday. Smiles and Miichan are the only ones who saw that nightmarish photo album thank God. They would often gush together with my parents as they flip that blasted album together. They’d be all, ‘Awwww,’ flip, ‘Ohhhh,’ flip and so on with the drawling of the vowels. Fucked up I know.

Anyway, guitar, right. So I had my first guitar when I was 5. According to my parents, I loved that guitar of mine and would often strum it whenever it’s in my hands. Seeing that, my dad got this idea to teach me how to play the guitar himself. But see, he didn’t know how to play, so he got some guitar lessons somewhere to learn the basics. Whenever his lesson ended, he would come home and teach me what he just learned. Pretty sweet huh? Yeah, he is a pretty sweet guy. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s sometimes weird you know, what with the overly sweet nicknames and all that sweetness barfing. What? I’m just saying.

So yeah, I was taught by my dad until I was 7. At that age, I started going to lessons myself until I’ve learned enough. With that little tale I just told you, I’m pretty sure you know why I hate my hands, right?

Yes, I hate my hands because it feels rough, calloused.

It just…I don’t like the feel of it. I’m insecure when it comes to my hands and would often avoid handshakes. If I can’t avoid them, I wouldn’t press my hand fully on theirs so they won’t feel it. I wouldn’t squeeze their hand as well because of it. Miichan knows about this insecurity of mine, since I told her about it. From what I remember, she confronted me about how I’m always pulling away from her hold whenever she wants to drag me somewhere. I guess she got miffed at the brush off and confronted me. Told her awkwardly about it and ended up laughing her ass off while she tells me I’m being an idiot. Yeah, I wasn’t really happy to hear that really. Anyway, Miichan told me that I’m being stupid because to her, my hand isn’t that rough. That her hand is no different than mine since she plays drums and well, she often hit those as hard as she can. It actually made me feel better you know. For only a moment though, since she let me feel her hand and well, they are definitely NOT like mine. I could associate her hand to a cotton you know. Yeah, it’s that soft, so deprived of hard work. But what can you expect from a stinking and filthy rich like Crazy Psycho, right? Tch.

So anyway, I’m insecure with my hands. But, oddly enough, when it comes to her, I’m not. The thought of my hands being calloused just…fly right out of my head whenever I’m holding hers. It just…feels natural, you know. It feels right. Whenever she’s holding and squeezing mine, it’s like she’s telling me something.

What is she telling me, you ask?

That she doesn’t care. Calloused or not, she just wants to hold my hand because it’s a part of me.

Calloused or not, I just want to hold hers as well.

“So…about what I said earlier...” I trailed off awkwardly as we continue to walk side by side on the sidewalk near the park, our hands still intertwined. I cleared my throat, my eyes not looking at her as I continue my train of thought.

“I don’t want to be presumptuous or anything, but I hope you don’t mind that I called you…uh…that ‘G’ word, even though you told me you could be anything I want, so…” I pulled up the strap of both of our bags higher on my shoulder using my free hand. I then took hold of both its straps, keeping it in place.

“But if…you know, you’re uncomfortable with it, I won’t call you that and just…call you something different but synonymous to that.”  I babbled nervously, ridiculously even. My fingers began feeling the peeled off leather of the strap of her worn out satchel bag as I wait nervously for her reply. I was met with silence, making me even more nervous. It’s an…irritating feeling, you know. Being nervous I mean. It’s a stupid feeling really.

Clenching my jaw tight, I hesitantly glanced at her and got my answer as to why she’s not saying anything. My shoulder slumped a little and I looked at her with narrowed eyes as she’s smiling widely, her eyes downcast, seemingly lost in her own little world. I let out a sigh as I watch her. Obviously my pathetic babbling went unheard since she’s in dreamland. Thank God for that.

“Are you enjoying yourself?” I asked, gently nudging her shoulder, trying to bring her back from her daze.

“E-Eh?” She turned to me blinking a couple of times, her glasses sliding down slightly on the bridge of her nose. She tries to fix it with her other hand, but looked to be having difficulty doing so as she was holding that thick textbook she has against her chest. Taking pity, I removed my hold on the strap of our bags and used my index finger to push it up her nose. The corner of my lips tugged up as her eyes followed my finger making her cross her eyes briefly. Once I retracted my hand, she blinked a couple of times looking a bit stunned, her lips slight agape.

How…cute.

“You’re smiling to yourself.” I tell her as I resume my hold on the straps of our bags. Glancing at her as we continue to walk, I asked, “Want to share why you’re looking so…giddy there?” cocking my head to the side, giving her a slight crooked smile.

Somehow, I wasn’t the least surprised when her eyes widen momentarily and turned to look away, blushing. Well at least I think she’s blushing since the tip of her ears are a bit reddish. I’m not entirely sure since she just suddenly whipped her head away from me. I have a feeling that she was hesitating on sharing since she still hadn’t answer me. Also, I think that she’s giving in to her habit of biting her lower lip again too. How’d I know? Just a guess, I guess. Heh. You know, honestly, the lack of sharing on her part is all meh to me since…I think I know the reason why she was smiling dreamily at the ground. It’s blatantly obvious anyway. At least I think so.

Or rather, I hope so.

“You liked it didn’t you?” I said smiling expectantly, completely hiding the feeling of dread that had resurfaced once again. “Me telling that blue haired jerk that you’re my…girlfriend.”

I watch her as she momentarily glanced at me then looked away, nodding her head, smiling slightly as she kept her lower lip in between her teeth.

“Well that’s…reassuring.” I let out a sigh of relief, my eyes moved away from hers as I turned to look ahead.

“I…” She trailed making me to look back at her. Upon noticing that my gaze is back to hers, she turned to me, smiling tenderly, a lovely blush across her cheeks. “I liked it. I liked it a lot when you call me your girlfriend.”

And…I’m momentarily stunned at her admission. How...bold. How unBetty like. But then again, she has always been like this. There is this part of her that I have yet to meet fully as it seldom makes its appearance. This side of her that often leaves me stunned. I’m pretty sure I’d be seeing this part of her a whole lot now. It just needs a little push, you know. Maybe it’ll be me who’ll do the pushing for her. Hmmm. Yeah, I think it’s better if we scratch that ‘maybe’ because I’m sure that it will be me who’ll drive her to become Super Betty.

Or rather, just Haruna.

“G-good.” I uncharacteristically stuttered as I looked away, my face a bit heated. Not liking this role reversal, I cleared my throat as if to calm myself. “I…I mean, I think it’s fitting to call you that since…well, we are dating. But then again, we’ve only started dating right now so…I’m not entirely sure and well, like you, it’s also my first time to be in a…relationship…so…yeah.” Okay obviously, the clearing of the throat didn’t help me one bit from becoming an idiot. Ugh. And great, she took notice of my idiotic self as she let out a giggle. Double ugh.

“You’re blushing.” She stated, causing me to flinch. Definitely hate this role reversal.

I looked away from her, scowling and grumbling, “As if you aren’t,” before rolling my eyes.

She giggled yet again and nudges me lightly on the shoulder. Turning to glare at her, she gave me a tight smile, her brown eyes underneath her thick glasses glistening with happiness. I answered her back by rolling my eyes and looking away again, hiding the smile that was threatening to appear on my lips. Oh, don’t give me that teasing look. So what if I like this bold and playful side of hers. I’m bound to like whatever side she has sooner or later, so whatever. Get over it. Tch.

We walk in comfortable silence for a while until I felt her squeeze my hand gently. “But you know, honestly…” She trailed with a soft sad sigh escaping her lips, causing me to glance back at her. I frowned slightly as I found her head turned away, looking at a couple of kids playing at a distance. “I don’t like him for saying such rude things to you. I wish…I could’ve done something about it. Like what you did for me earlier.” She admitted softly. I knew that that was bothering her earlier; the feeling of being helpless. But it’s not like she didn’t do anything earlier right? So she really shouldn’t be feeling this.

I stopped walking and turned to her, startling her briefly. Our hands were still locked together as we stood in the middle of the sidewalk, ignoring the confused gazes of some of the passersby that walked passed us. She looked at me with expectant eyes, her lips parted slightly. I squeezed her hand.

“But you did. You stood up for me too. You probably think I didn’t hear it, but I did, and I’m thankful for it.” I said, trying to ease her worries. She looked away, clenching her jaw tight momentarily.

“But it wasn’t enough. He didn’t back away. He hardly heard me. In the end…I-I was useless after all a-and…” She let out a deep sigh, closing her eyes for a while as if gathering her thoughts. The moment she opened them, she continues her admission.

“What if he disrespects you again? What if others who…l-like you c-come to you too and disrespects you as well?” She frowned on the ground, her voice cracking at that last bit making it obvious to me that that thought is bothering her a whole lot. The ‘others’ coming to me, I mean. I have a feeling that this is what’s bothering her earlier when she asked me if she should worried. She really is one jealous apple, huh. It’s…kind of cute, but at the same time, kind of stupid. No, I’m not trying to be mean here. I just think that it is.

I let out a sigh as I shook my head. “You really shouldn’t be worrying about that. No other people are going to bother, really.” I said flatly, turning away to walk again. She remained unmoving causing me let out a sigh. Frowning slightly, I turned back to her and found her still moping at the ground. Slowly, her eyes made its way to mine, her features, softening slightly.

“So there are others th-that…like you as well then?” She tentatively asks, her voice sounding little. I stared at her for a moment until I nodded my head.

“Yeah. I’ve had a few ‘others’ back in High School,” offering her the truth. She looked sadden by my reply, hurt even as she looked away. Despite that, I continued to tell her the truth. “There are others. Others that I didn’t want, didn’t like. Others that I instantly dumped in a bat of an eye.”

Others that…just wasn’t…her.

A small smile appears on her lips, but she still kept her gaze away from me.

“Anyway, if those others were to appear, I’m pretty sure you’d do something about it, like what you did earlier. Plus, if that fails, I can always tell them how you’re my girlfriend, you know.” I added with a shrug, offering her a small smile.

Slowly, she turns to me, giving me a full smile, blushing. The sadness she had earlier completely wiped away from what I said. Probably because I called her my girlfriend again. I’m sensing that she really likes to hear it from me. But you know, thinking about it, it’s funny and at the same time weird that that word can easily escape my lips without making me cringe or barf from the mushiness of it. Maybe it shows how it will be easy for me to be with her you know.

Yeah, maybe.

“Any more worries you want to add?”

She cocked her head to the side as if to think then nodded her head, looking embarrassed. “There is…one thing.”

I raised an eyebrow in reply. What now?

“W-well, um a-about the date. Y-you see…um…” She continues nervously, her eyes darting around constantly as she was unable to look at me. “I…I have plans f-for today…so...”

And Houston, we have a problem.

“O-oh.” I blinked back my surprise. She has plans. Why the hell didn’t I…?!  I closed my eyes for a moment and clenched my jaw tight, mentally berating myself for being stupid. Opening my eyes, I looked away and removed my hand from hers.

“Sorry. I guess…I just assumed that you didn’t have any plans for today, since usually at Saturdays you’re just gone early in the morning to do your…uh…good deeds.” I awkwardly said as I kept my eyes away from hers, embarrassed at the fact that I assumed too much. God, I feel like an idiot right now. I should’ve checked with her first before opening my damn mouth! Ugh. Goddamnit.

I began scratching the back of my neck nervously, forcing a smile to appear on my lips. “It’s okay though. I mean, we can just go on a date some other time. It’s not…a big deal anyway.” I said before letting out a soft sigh. I’m not going to lie though; I am a bit disappointed about this postponement. But, what can I do right? She has other plans…so…whatever. And yes, that’s a sad whatever right there. Not the usual nonchalant whatever I always utter. Tch.

I hesitantly glanced at her despite the awkwardness I felt and found that she was looking at me, smiling slightly. I raised my eyebrow at that. The hell is she smiling for?

“I…I want you to come with me.” She said, taking a step towards me.

And Houston, we have solved the problem.

“Oh?” I replied, crossing my arms over my chest, feeling a bit confused and annoyed. Seriously Houston, what the hell? It feels like she’s playing with me here.

She must’ve sensed my slight annoyance as she nervously said, “B-but that is…i-if you want to. I’m not f-forcing you to join me…I just want you t-to, b-because…I…really like your company. So much,” whispering that last bit as she blushed furiously, her eyes darting around not looking at me.

“Oh.” Was yet again my reply as her admission left me stunned. Again. Yeah, it seems that this person in front of me has the power to leave me dumbfounded. Though, when you think about it, I really shouldn’t be surprised by these admissions of hers since she does have feelings for me. Maybe I should be more surprised about how there are new feelings swirling inside me by just hearing her honesty. An example of those feelings you ask? One word.

Warmth.

“So let me get this straight.” I cocked my head to the side, hiding the amusement that I’m feeling as I looked at her nervous self. “I asked you if you have any more problems and you said that you have plans for today. Thinking that you’d rather go with your plans than have a date with me, disappointedly, I decided to go with what I thought was what you wanted and cancel our date, only to be taken aback by you saying that you want me to come with you to wherever, because you like my company. So much. Is that right?”

“W-well, I was…merely s-suggesting that you come with me.” She stammered before shyly glancing at me. “And…d-disappointed? You were…disappointed when you thought I was cancelling our date?” She asked softly, wearing a small smile, seemingly happy on that word I slipped out. Her eyes had that teasing glint to them that was definitely unBetty like. Role reversal again huh. Meh, not really. At least, I try not to make it look like we’re doing that role reversal again as I try to keep my cool.

“Not the point here.” I sighed, looking at the side as she let out a soft chuckle. Guess it didn’t work on her. You know, even though I’d like her to get out of her shy shell, I don’t know if I like this…teasing side of hers. It makes me…uncomfortable. Nervous even. Like I said, too many new feelings swirling inside me. Tch.

“Are we going now or what?” I shook my head and turned away from her, taking hold of the strap of our bags again.

“So…you’re coming with me then?” She asked, eyes widening slightly, apparently surprised by my decision. Is it really that surprising?

“Well, yeah. I don’t have anything to do anyway.” I shrugged nonchalantly then glanced at her, smiling slightly. “Plus, like you, I sort of like your company as well so...”

She turns to me fully, cocking her head to the side as she smiles, asking timidly, “Sort of?”

“Don’t push it.” I said flatly, narrowing my eyes. I wasn’t surprised when she giggled at my response. The corner of my lips began twitching as I tried to keep my uninterested façade. Only did she stop laughing and smiled at me did I let go and gave her a small smile.

“So, are we going now or what?” I asked with a shrug. Taking a step towards her, I held out my hand for her to take. She looked at my offered hand for a moment then took hold of my hand once again. She squeezed it gently as her warm eyes slowly made its way to mine. Keeping the small smile on my lips, I tugged her hand lightly, signaling her to get a move on. She nodded her head and led me to wherever it is that she wants to go, smiling widely. We walked side by side in silence, our hands intertwined, lips curved into a smile. We walked hand in hand, silently.

Well, that is, until my curiosity got the best of me.

“Where are we going anyway?” I asked, turning to her.

She shyly glanced at me. The bright smile on her lips turned into a nervous one.

“W-well…”

“How…interesting.” I muttered as I sat down next to her, frowning slightly as I looked around where she took me. This is definitely not what I imagined we’d be going. I mean, I thought I was going to accompany her in one of her mission to help save the world. I’m actually prepared for it since her Fairy Godmother, Miichan, told me what I’m in for when I start dating Be-Haruna. She gave me a lecture about dating 101; what to do and what absolutely NOT to do when it comes to the dating bit. Yeah, she told me that in bold and capitalized letters adding how she sort of planked on the table just so she could say it to me closely as she was sitting across me. Ridiculous I know.

Anyway, from what I remember, she told me that I should prepare myself to do the altruistic deeds to support Haruna into making the world a better place and all that niceness crap. Accompany her, help her, encourage her and praise her. Kinda like what you would do to your pet. Yeah, yeah I’m a seashore. But you can’t deny that there are similarities there you know. Anyway, moving on, those are some of the things Miichan told me to do when it comes to her altruistic deeds. She actually told me about some perverted part of dating a girl. She even suggested that we watch lezzie porn together for educational purposes, but I decided to erase that part for the sheer fact that it’s so NO! Bold and capital with exclamation point there. Ugh. Damn Crazy Psycho and her suggestions. So anyway, going back to the topic at hand here, I thought we’re doing some altruistic deed today, right? Well you could say that I was sort of preparing myself for that right now. But then, we’re here and well…there’s no changing the world here. Unless of course, there is a way to change the world through books.

Is there?

“I…I’m sorry.” She stammered. “Finals are in a few days and I-I haven’t studied much since I-I’m distracted n-nowadays so…” She trailed off, glancing shyly at me for a second until she found me blankly staring at her, my eyebrow raised in skepticism. She quickly looked away, biting her lower lip. I propped my elbow on the table and rested my cheek on the palm of my hand as I continue to stare at her. It seems to make her even more edgy as she began fidgeting on the hem of her shirt, blushing as she stares at it. Hmmm. She’s distracted nowadays? Huh. Do I dare ask?

“Y-you can go if you want to. I’ll be…fine if y-you want to leave.” She said softly, sadly even, her eyes downcast.

Retaining my blasé position, I replied, “So you’re using reverse psychology on me.” with my eyebrow raised. Honestly, I wanted to tease her a bit, but it seems that she took it by heart.

“Wh-what? N-No! That’s not it at all!” She turned to me, her eyes widen at my half question and half accusation. She shook her head frantically. “I-I just…I don’t want to do anything you don’t want. I don’t want to f-force you to do what I want.”

I really should practice in the art of teasing huh. I wonder if Crazy Psycho will agree to take me under her wing for that crap. God knows I need the skills just so this person beside me doesn’t combust from nervousness I always seem to put her on. Hmm? What can I say about what she just admitted? Oh right.

“I was just kidding you know.” I let out a soft sigh as I sat up. The corner of my lips tugged up slightly. “But, what you said, that goes for me as well. I mean, you want me here and I want to be here because you want me to. That’s why I’m staying. Okay?”

Hearing my explanation brought a small smile on her face. That’s better. But…

“I have to say though; the library is definitely far from my mind when you told me that you wanted me to come with you. No volunteer work today then?” I asked as I looked around, frowning slightly. Oh, didn’t I tell you that? Yeah, we’re inside the Crackhouse University Library. I should all be ‘meh’ here, but it is seriously weirding me out since well...this is a date right? I mean, we’re both spending time together alone—which I’m pretty sure is what a date means—so does this constitutes as a date then? Does it?

“Oh um…no. I told them th-that finals is in a few days and…they told me that it’s okay to miss one day of volunteer work. They also told me that…it wouldn’t hurt for me to take a break every once in a while.”

“And I bet they told you that because you’re the type that would push yourself to the limit despite being tired. Am I right?”

“W-well…I like helping people.” She admitted as she smiles at the table. “It just makes me feel…”

“Saintly?” I offered, tilting my head to the side as I gave her a crooked smile. She turned to me in faux annoyance as it really doesn’t reach her eyes.

“You’re making fun of me, aren’t you?” She pouts, that full, pink, plump lower lip of her jutting out ever so slightly. My gaze momentarily went to it and I suddenly felt a rush of heat on my face as I suddenly remember the night I watched her sleep. Feeling a bit uncomfortable at what I was feeling and where that thought is going, I shook my head and stood up abruptly, surprising her. I felt her gaze on me and I could only look away as I try to hide my flushed face from the sudden heat. Goddamnit. Wh-what the fuck?!

“Sh-Shinoda-san?” She softly said confusion apparent in her tone as she looks up at me. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” I squeaked a bit high—like Creepy high—causing me to mentally curse myself for how lame that sounded. I tried to calm myself by clearing my throat. “I’m fine. I just…remembered something or wh-whatever.” Wow, that does sound calm. I’m amazed at how calm I sounded there. Tch. And yes, I’m insulting myself here. Deal with it.

“Oh. Um…do y-you need to go then?” She disappointedly asked. I glanced at her and found her looking at the side, biting her lower lip as she sullenly waits for my reply. Seeing her looking like that somehow cleared my head. It cleared my head to the point that I need to move away from her for a few minutes. Like seriously.

“I’m not leaving. I just…think that I need to study as well. So I’m just going over there to look for some…book or something.” I explained awkwardly as I scratch the back of my neck as I looked at the side, avoiding her eyes that were once again locked at me.

“O-Oh. Okay. I’ll be waiting here then.”

“Yeah. You do that.” I muttered as I hurriedly walked away and turned to the first corner that was near just so I wouldn’t feel her confused eyes on me anymore. Once I’ve reached a safe distance, I let out a sigh as I leaned slightly back on a bookshelf. I began slapping my cheeks with both my hands, trying to awaken my normal self. I have a feeling that the perversion virus that I got from the crazies isn’t out of my system yet. I mean, I haven’t had that feeling before besides that night I watched her sleeping. Other than that, no. Maybe it’s just…a fluke then? I mean, it’s only twice since I’ve felt that so…yeah. Maybe it is just a fluke. If not, I’m so going to blame Miichan and the others for this PV shit. Ugh.

Thinking that it’s best if I just stop thinking about that Goddamn virus, I pushed myself away from the bookshelves and decided to go on looking for something to read. I made my way to where the classical books were while looking around to see how many students were inside the library. There were a few students around studying, others were looking around and there were a few couples as well being cuddly to each other. I can’t help but frown at the latter really. I mean, the park is just outside you know. They should just go there and do that PDA thing there. What about me and Haruna? We’re not here to publicly display our affections you know! She wanted to study so I doubt we’d be doing THAT here.

Do I want to do THAT to her you ask?

I paused and glanced at a couple at the far end of the room giggling, their backs facing me. I watch as the man—who has his arms wrapped around her waist—pulled the girl closer to him, earning a giggle out of the delighted woman. The man started whispering something to her ear which prompted another giggle from his girlfriend.

Hmm. Looks innocent enough so I guess we can do something like—wait.

Continuing to look at the couple, my eyes narrowed as the man’s hand slowly travels downward. Upon reaching its desired destination, the man’s hand flexed and squeezed the woman’s bum prompting another ridiculous giggle from the woman who looked to be enjoying the squeezing quite a lot.

Okay that, NO. Seriously, they need to go somewhere else and let out that perversion elsewhere. And no, the capitalized letters doesn’t need to be in bold letters. Why? Just because I said so. Deal with it and stop with the grinning. Geez.

Shaking my head, I decided to move on with my life of not looking at inappropriate things now and just focus on going to where the classical books were. Seeing the familiar corner, I turned and immediately froze when I saw a familiar person looking around the shelves. She too took notice of my stiffened self and narrowed her eyes boredly at me. You have got to be kidding me. What the hell is SHE doing here?

“What are YOU doing here?” She asks as she raised her eyebrow at me, placing bother of her hands on her waist upon doing so.

I rolled my eyes before saying, “Oh I’m sorry. Is this your house? Cause if it is, I have to say, you definitely need to redecorate. The Hogwarts theme is so not you,” with my usual sarcastic tone.

“Well, you got that right. This is so not me.” She mumbled as she shook her head and turned to look back at the shelf. Hmmm? No snarky comments? No name calling? Fang must be feeling sick today, huh. That or this is all the Midget Professor’s fault.

“Stupid books. This is why Ebooks are better, you just have to buy and download them. But nooo~ she doesn’t know that and prefers the real thing with the flipping of pages. Well flip-fucking-tastic! Where the hell is this crap?!”

Okay, so it’s the latter since Fang here seems to be foaming in the mouth. Maybe I should intervene with her battles with the inanimate object. I have a feeling she’s this close to becoming a pyromaniac what with her growling like that. Tch.

Rolling my eyes again as she continue to mumble out her heightening madness, I made my way towards her. “Need some help there?” I offered as I stood next to her. Not close to her though since I’m sensing the danger vibe on her right now. Don’t want to be her first victim, you know.

“I’m looking for a Goddamn book and I can’t effing find it.” She snarled while gritting her teeth as she continues with her search of the magical, missing book.

“You don’t say.” I narrowed my eyes at her and crossed my arms over my chest. I immediately took a step back as she whipped her head to me, growling.

“I’m not in the mood here Stick.”

Instead of shutting my mouth for the pity I feel for her, I still managed to quip, “No kidding.” I leaned back and held out my hand defensively as she glared at me. The whole glaring thing took a moment until she finally loses her cool and let out a groan of irritation, messing her hair with both her hands. After that ordeal, she leaned at the bookshelves and slid down the floor, sitting on it with her knees up to her chest. She then hugged her knees tight and buried her face against it. My shoulder instantly slumped and I narrowed my eyes at her when I heard her sobbing. Great I made her cry. This is so like kindergarten all over again. And elementary and High School for that matter. Yeah, I seem to have a knack for making someone cry without intending to. Crazy Psycho calls it a gift really.

“I hate my life. Why does it continuously suck? Why?” She wailed softly against her knees, her shoulder moving slightly as she continues to sob her frustrations. Looking at her like this somehow brought me back to the night of Haruna’s concert. That night wherein I was in this same fucked up state when I was in her room. Minus the crying that is. Oh and I was internally berating myself that night. Totally unlike the verbal attack that Fang seems to be giving herself now. Looking at her, it’s kinda funny how it’s sort of repeating again huh. I guess, there’s only one thing to do then huh.

With a defeated sigh, I sat down next to her despite not knowing what the hell I should say to her as she kept on mumbling about her messed up life. Hesitantly, I held up my hand near her head and soon began patting her head trying to somehow comfort her.

“There there. Everything’s…going to be fine now.” I awkwardly said as I continue to pat her head. I know it’s lame, but can you believe that it actually worked. I mean, her sobs were slowly dying down as I continue to do the patting and the lame, robotic mantra. Believe me, I’m surprised myself.

“What are you doing?” She suddenly asked causing me to halt my one of a kind comforting skill. I blinked a couple of times as I watch her turn her head slightly towards me, sniffling. Why is she asking me that? Isn’t it obvious what I’m doing here? Really now.

“I’m comforting you.” I deadpanned.

“That’s hardly comforting.”

“It made you stop crying.”

“That’s because you’re hurting me by continuously slapping my head against my knees.” She hoarsely said as she narrowed her eyes.

I narrowed my eyes as well. “It’s called comforting.”

“Well your comforting hurts.” She growled as she sat up, slapping my hand away from hers. “Give me your handkerchief.” She ordered with another growl. I rolled my eyes and decided to indulge her wish by fishing my handkerchief out of my pocket and handing it to her. My eyebrow arched up as she quickly took my handkerchief as soon as I held it out for her. Tch. Eager much?

“God Stick, if this is how you comfort Holiness whenever she’s down then you better upgrade your version for her sake. She deserves better than this…sadistic comforting you have.” She said as she wipes her tears with my handkerchief. Well at least she’s not—okay, now she’s blowing her nose on it. Great.

“How’s the missus anyway?” She asks after a moment, grinning slightly. I cocked my head to the side, feeling confused.

“My Mom?”

“No stupid!” She said as she threw my handkerchief that has her fresh snot at my lap. “I meant Holiness! You two are dating now, right?”

“Right. Because dating her and marrying her is one in the same.” I replied as I disgustingly took hold of my Fang snot handkerchief. I tossed it back to her with a look of disgust. “Keep it. An early Christmas present from me.”

She rolled her eyes and took the handkerchief, placing it inside the pocket of her pants. “So? Holiness and you dating?”

“Miichan?” I sighed, looking at her expectantly. She nodded her head before leaning back at the bookshelves.

“Yup. Shove it right into my face.” She said disdainfully. “She then proceeded to recount how you changed your status like I was her diary or something.”

I let out a soft chuckle as I imagined it. That Crazy Psycho did that to me as well one time when I told her I didn’t want to hear her crap. She told me anyway as if she was writing in her diary and reading it out loud. Fucked up technique to make me listen, I know.

With a grin on my face at Crazy Psycho’s ridiculousness, I leaned back at the bookshelves as well, my legs outstretched on the floor while my hands rests on my lap. I stared on the bookshelf in front of us as I say, “Yeah well, she can be a seashore sometimes,” with a shrug.

“Seashore is a bitch right? How lame.” She mumbled as she hugged her knees against her again. I watch her through the corner of my eye as her chin rests on top of it and she stares at the bookshelf in front of us. She let out a sigh; her eyes clearly convey her sadness. “But you know, when she told me that, I didn’t feel…jealous. Rather, I felt happy for the two of you. Especially for Haruna.”

Surprised at this, I turned to her frowning slightly. She noticed my gaze through the corner of her eye, causing her to smile faintly.

“I kinda like that girl you know. She’s nice, despite that religious stick up her ass and her fashion sense.” She admitted, turning her head to face me, her cheek resting on her knees. “Despite all that, you’re REALLY lucky to have her.”

“Uh…thanks.” I said awkwardly as I narrowed my eyes. Sure I thought she was being nice here, but then that ‘stick up Haruna’s ass’ and her ‘fashion sense’ made me think otherwise. Meh, I’ve done the same anyway. But you know, that admission of hers makes me wonder...

“Since when are you a Haruna fan?” I asked as I raised my eyebrow, curious to know when did this ‘I kinda like her’ started. Not that I’m worried or anything though. Psh. Please. She seems to think otherwise though as she smirked at me.

“If you’re worried, don’t. Apparently, I prefer the dense ones.” She said before letting out a sad sigh, probably remembering the dense one.

I let out a sigh, shaking my head. “Why not just blurt it out or just kiss her already. Wake her up from her…densitities or something.” I suggested. That dense one seriously needs to stop being dense or stop pretending to be dense. That or let this masochistic Fang take the initiative and wake up the dense one. Seriously now.

“Believe me, I almost did that.” She rolled her eyes then turned her gaze back at the bookshelf, hugging her knees once again while she rocks herself back and forth. “But I stopped because…I saw the fear in her eyes and…I got scared as well.” She admitted softly, sadly. She stopped rocking and leaned back, her head tilted upwards to gaze at the ceiling. “That girl loves her job so much. If I didn’t held back, I knew that there will be a time wherein she will have to choose between me and her career and...I didn’t want that. Because I know what she will choose.”

“You think that she’d choose her career over you then?”

She let out a soft chuckle then glanced at me, wearing a small smile. “No. I’m certain she’d choose me over her career. That’s the problem.”

My eyebrow arched at that. “Okay so, I’m not really getting this.” I said as I scratched the back of my head feeling confused. “Her choosing you is…a problem? If that’s the problem, what kind of outcome were you aiming for anyway?”

“Clearly you don’t know the kind of person that she is.” She replied as she rolled her eyes.

“Sorry. I just can’t get past her denseness. All I see in her is…just that. Dense. Oh and you can add her clumsiness and midget size by the way.” Well, ain’t that the truth. Can’t get past by those three since well, she is the Dense Clumsy Midget Professor.

Completely ignoring what I said, she sat up and turned her head to me, frowning. “She’s the type that doesn’t want to hurt anyone. The type that would even sacrifice her own dreams just so she wouldn’t hurt anyone. A selfless fool.”

I can totally see the Midget one like that. But despite that…

“You love her anyway.” It wasn’t a question as I knew that she obviously does love that Midget one. I wasn’t surprised when she let out a deep sigh, her shoulder slumped slightly as she stares lovingly at the floor.

“Yeah. I love that selfless fool. So much.”

Surprise surprise. NOT.

“Then why not just…tell her that. Say everything that you’ve told me today and then some.” Seriously, their problem isn’t much of a problem if Fang here just get over her damn fear and talk to the midget one. I’m pretty sure they can come up with an agreement or something. It’s not much of a feat you know. Really now.

“It’s not that easy.” She reasoned, looking at me straight in the eye.

“I know that! But it would’ve been much easier if you’re not here.”

“Nothing…ever is.” I replied, my voice thick with emotion. With a sigh, I closed my eyes briefly as I welcome the pain that often accompanies that memory. Clenching my jaw tight, I stood up and brushed the dirt off my pants, trying not to think of that unwanted memory. I looked down at Fang and saw her looking at me confusedly, probably weirded out by my sudden change of demeanor. I raised my eyebrow at her, giving her an indifferent look as I try to avert her attention out of me.

“If it is, you two would’ve had midget babies now.” I said flatly. She kept her confused stare for a moment until she gave me a slight smile as if she was giving in to my silent wish for her not to ask…which of course…I was internally thankful for.

“While you and Holiness would’ve had apathetic religious babies as well.” She said teasingly as she looked up at me, her hands pressed up on the carpeted floor supporting her weight. I kept my blank stare at her as she added, “Amazing how having a girlfriend completely changes a person. I mean, look at you now, giving out advices. It’s like you’re a new woman,” grinning at me.

“Yeah well, you would know if you had one, wouldn’t you.” I retorted as I crossed my arms over my chest. I’m actually thinking of rubbing it in to Fang for her to get on the jealous wagon and get over her fear. But unfortunately, it didn’t seem to work as it only made her grin wider.

“Score one for the Stick who has a girlfriend. Nice jab there. I’ll give you points for that one.” She said as she began pushing herself up to stand. As if reconfirming what she teasingly said earlier, I held out my hand for her to take causing her to freeze as she stares at my hand. Her gaze then moved to my eyes, giving me a questioning gaze. I shrugged nonchalantly at that.

“Today is altruistic Saturday. Just go with it.” I tell her. She continues to stare at me for a while until she grabbed my hand and I pulled her up. She muttered her thanks as she avoided my eyes, and proceeded to brush the dirt off of her clothing. I continue to watch her as she fixes herself, looking through her compact mirror that she pulled out of her bag to examine her eyes. With the necessary fixing done, she let out a sigh and turned to me, staring at me blankly for a while until she gave me an annoying crooked smile.

“I think this is the part wherein I say, ‘This doesn’t change anything,’ right?”

“I don’t really care if it does or it doesn’t. You can choose whatever you want.” I said with a shrug. The only person who will care if something changes between me and Fang is Crazy Psycho. It’s because of the frenemy relationship they have really. What do I think of Fang then you ask? Yeah well to me, she’s nothing more than one of the crazies.

The kind that would become my friend eventually.

…That is, if I accept them.

What? Oh, don’t give me that look. Psh.

“Good, because I like what we have. This semi-friendship that we have I mean.” She said before she walked towards me and placed a hand on my shoulder. A genuine smile graced her lips as she gave my shoulder a pat. “Thanks for the pep talk. It looks like I owe you one now.”

Without waiting for my reply, she gave my shoulder one last soft pat then began walking away. I turned to look at her retreating back, just watching her. She was about to turn to the corner when she suddenly stopped. I cocked my head to the side as she turned towards me holding up a piece of paper with her eyes narrowed.

“Oh right. Since this is like altruistic day for you or whatever, can you find this damn book Takamina wants? I kinda volunteer to get it for her and I can’t find it.”

Why am I not surprised? The whole sharing thing probably made her forget why she’s in the library in the first place. Figures. Oh well. I already did so much altruistic deed for her so helping her find a book for the Midget Professor wouldn’t hurt. Plus it’s another good deed that’ll make Haruna’s bestfriend— that big guy up there—like me. So yeah, let’s make the big guy happy then.

“Sure. I’ll just put it on your tab then.” I shrugged, smiling slightly. “I’ll teach you an easy technique I learned while searching for books here.”

She cocked her head to the side looking confused as I walk towards her. I grabbed both her shoulders, turned her and began pushing her to where the librarian is.

“It’s called ‘asking for help.’”

“You’re back.” Was Haruna’s greeting to me as I walked towards her after my altruistic deed of helping Fang with her book problem.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” I said as I sat back next to her, placing the book I got on the table. “I bumped into a vampire with a crooked tooth who seems to want to have a chat about her messed up life because she’s spending much of her time in her bat cave or something. Also helped her find a book that was surprisingly easy to find. She must’ve gone blind from being in the bat cave for so long.” Fucked up I know. But just go with it. The person next to me seems to be going with it as she blinked back and gave me a confused smile.

“That’s…nice.” She tells me hesitantly, probably weirded out by my tale. Meh, whatever. She doesn’t need to know what really happened anyway.

“Yeah, I guess.” I sighed, opening the book in my hand then glancing at her, asking, “Did you study lots?”

“Well, a bit.” She admitted as she shyly glances at me, a bashful smile on her lips. “But then, I began t-to wonder where you were…s-so…”

I let out a sigh. Great. Figures. I’m distracting her. No surprise there really. It’s just…ugh though, you know.

“Maybe I should just go. Clearly I’m distracting your studies by being here.” I said as I closed the book and stood up. I was about to grab my bag that was on the table when she grabbed my arm. I turned to her and found her brows furrowed slightly, obviously not liking my suggestion.

“N-no. Please stay.” She softly pleaded as she squeezed my arm.

“But I’m distracting you.” I reasoned.

“I’m…more distracted when…y-you’re not here beside me.” She reasoned back while she blushes tenfold while avoiding my eyes and I’m stunned. Just stunned. Again. How many times is that anyway?

Swallowing down the overwhelming feelings that washes over me—particularly that deafening sound in the chest area and my bug infested stomach—I looked away and began scratching my cheek. “W-well…if it is for the sake of your sanity…then I guess I can stay.” I said as I sat back down. I glanced at her the moment I felt her soft, warm hand release its hold on my arm.

“I’m sorry for being selfish. I j-just…” She trailed as she let out a soft sigh, her eyes trained at her lap.

“Nah, it’s okay to be selfish every once in a while.” I told her as I turned to look at her, giving her a slight smile. “Plus, like I said, I’ll stay because you want me to.”

“But do you…w-want to stay?” She hesitantly asked, glancing at me with fearful eyes.

“Yeah, I do.” I answered her honestly with a small smile on my lips. “Plus, honestly, I’m thinking this is sort of a date as well, you know.”

“Me too.” She admitted as she turned to me, wearing a bright smile. The small smile on my lips slowly turned into a grin as I stare at her giddy self. I won’t lie; I feel a bit giddy myself for knowing that she thinks that this is a date too. A weird date, but a date nonetheless.

“Good, now go back and study.” I said with a small smile on my lips as I waved my hand dismissively. “I don’t want you to fail your subjects because of me.” Although, when you think about it, I might possibly be the reason if she ever fails her subjects huh. Doesn’t mean I will idly sit still and let her do that though. Yeah, I’ll definitely make sure she doesn’t fail. I’ll be the responsible and good girlfriend for her.

Much like what she will be when it comes to me too.

After nodding her head and giving me a smile, she went back to reading while I did too. The two of us were silent for a while with only the flipping of pages could be heard as we were completely preoccupied by the books we are reading. Well, at least we tried to look like we’re preoccupied. I mean, I can feel her glancing at me every now and then, and well…I can’t help but think that she’ll fail if she continues this. But instead of reprimanding her and be like, the responsible and good girlfriend that I just said I will be, I ignored her glances and pretended not to notice, keeping my eyes locked at the book I’m supposedly reading. Yeah, like her, I’m distracted also. For me, it was more like I’m distracted because she kept on distracting me. So no, it isn’t my fault I’m distracted here. Nope, it’s all her fault here. And ugh, that’s the 12th time now she glanced at me. God, Haruna, focus! Your good girlfriend is internally imploring you to! Geez!

Surprisingly, she did focus after that internal yelling I did. It makes me wonder if she is a mind reader or something. Luckily I didn’t ponder on that longer as I soon found myself fixated on the book I’m reading, particularly on a certain line.

‘To waste his whole heart in one kiss
Upon her perfect lips.’

One kiss upon her perfect lips…

…her perfect lips…

I stared at those three words as if mesmerized. Thoughts of when I stared at her lips that night and how she wore that lovely pout earlier soon enters my mind. It was as if the PV was in control and is currently trying to show me these to make me remember the sudden rush I felt inside me. That sudden rush that I have no intention of putting a name to for the sheer fact that it is just...whatever. But no, I’m not feeling anything but calm right now, just wondering if I do have the PV inside me. With that in mind, maybe it isn’t in control and, like I said earlier, it was just a fluke. But then, what’s with this fixation I seem to have with Haruna’s lips now? Why am I thinking of her lips enough to even think about it while I’m reading a blasted poetry?

Do I want to…?

Frowning slightly, I hesitantly glanced at her, biting my lower lip as I do so. I stared at her for a while, watching her as she looks at her book then began jotting down something in her notebook. My gaze slowly moved downwards to her lips, not surprised to find her biting her lower lip again. I watched her, or rather her lips, waiting for the PV to strike again. It didn’t though, thank God. But then again, she did notice me blatantly observing her as she fixed her glasses. So I’m going to scratch that thank you God.

“Shinoda-san? Is…something wrong?” She asked as she turns to me, tilting her head slightly to the side. I narrowed my eyes as the sudden image of Snorlax saying ‘Busted’ as she grins at me came to my mind. Tch. Whatever mind, whatever.

Letting out a defeated sigh, I turned to her fully, resting my feet on the spindle of her chair while my hands rest on my lap. “Well…no, but I was wondering if you could do me a favor.”

“What is it?” She asks, keeping her head tilted to the side as she looks at me confusedly.

I wasn’t surprised when the confusion heightened at my answer you know. I mean, who wouldn’t when I asked her to, “Pout for me?”

“Wh-what?” She stammered, her eyes widened at my request. Can’t blame her really. But I really want to know if I have this urge to…you know. You don’t and you want me to tell you what that you know means? Yeah well tough luck. I’m not telling. Besides, from that grin you’re wearing, you probably know what I’m talking about anyway. Tch.

“Just…you know, pout for a couple of seconds for me.” I scratched my cheek as I looked at the side, feeling a bit embarrassed at my weird request.

“O-Okay. I’ll…pout for you.” She tells me, completely weirding me out as well. I looked back at her and found her darting her eyes on the floor, blushing madly, her lower lip stuck in between her teeth again. Well, I’m weirded out at the fact that she didn’t ask why I want her to pout. But then again, I guess this is for the best since I’ll just offer her some lame ass excuse as to why I’m suddenly asking her that.

I watch her intently as she tilted her head slightly upward. My eyes momentarily made its way to her neck as I saw her neck muscles contracted as she swallowed down her nervousness. Moving back to her face, I wasn’t surprised to find her blushing as she hesitantly jutted out her lower lip slightly, her eyes to the side not looking at me. This…doesn’t really do anything for me. Let’s try it differently then.

“Close your eyes.” I said softly causing her to look back at me, dumbfounded.

“M-My…eyes?”

“Close them.” I tell her again. She stared at me for a second, her fearful and confused eyes boring into my expectant ones. Without another word, she did as I told. She pouts in front of me, blushing with her eyes closed. I kept my eyes locked on her plump lips, just staring for a while as my face ever so slowly moved in closer to hers. Our faces were inches apart when I suddenly stopped moving closer. I could feel her breathing against my face with how close our faces were. Her breathing seemed irregular, heavy. She was nervous, no rather, she was extremely nervous and I knew instantly that she was expecting something to happen. With the corner of my lips tugging up at that thought, my eyes that were locked on her lips began to wander, studying her closely. Her brows moving slightly, the bridge of her nose wrinkling every now and then and her lips were trembling slightly. It made me smile you know.

Looking at her like this, I can’t help but smile at how adorable she is.

I pulled back, leaning away from her as I let out a soft chuckle that went unheard to her. Grinning at how she’s still pouting with her eyes closed, I fished out my phone from my pocket, aimed it at her and took her picture. Her eyes immediately opened at the sound of the click, blinking a couple of times as she looks at me confusedly. I grinned at her and held out my phone for her to see what I took from her.

“I’m keeping this.”

This time, her pout seemed natural, unlike the nervous one she showed me a little while ago. “Mean. You were just making fun of me, aren’t you?” She uttered as she pouted at the table looking like a petulant child.

I gave her a nonchalant shrug as I looked at her picture again. “Not really. I was just trying to confirm something.” I replied as I began saving the image in a newly created folder inside my gallery. Funny how that sounded since this is like the first time I’ve created a folder, ever. Yeah, my gallery is a bore since there are like, few images here. I’m not much of a photographer, really. I’m not really interested in that.

I opened her picture again causing me to smile widely.

But maybe…that’ll change.

“Did you…c-confirm it then?” She asked causing me to turn away from my phone and look at her. I can see confusion I her eyes, but despite that, she wore a small smile, her head tilted slightly to the side. “Th-that something, did you confirm i-it?”

I stared at her for a while, my eyes momentarily locked on her lower lip that she was once again biting it nervously. I watch entranced as she began pushing her lower lip out, tugging her lower lip against her teeth until finally she released it, making it wet, red and maybe more plumped than usual. I blinked a couple of times as I kept my gaze on her lower lip, feeling a bit heated. I swallowed the lump in my throat as my eyes slowly made its way to her eyes. Ignoring the blush across her cheeks, I kept my gaze locked on hers. Her eyes that were once again fearful but held that glint of expectancy on them. Holding her gaze…

…did I confirm it?

“Yeah, I think I did.” I answered softly, breathlessly. Oh my God. I think I do have the PV, because…

…I think I want to kiss her.

TBC

Cue Mariko-sama's Plastic no Kuchibiru song!  :lol: It fits the ending because it's all lips.  :lol: Oh yeah, don't be fooled by Mariko here. She can be a denial queen so the 'I think' is appropriate.  :nervous

Next Up: Probably the crazies meeting about DAFUQ. Miichan reveals that she's stinking rich.  :lol: See you guys...I don't know when! Since I don't know when I'd update.  :nervous Blame work and the need to have money.  :lol: Thanks for reading!  :bow:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:01:39 PM by FoF »

Offline dee1711

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »
*jump in*

You know, I thought that you're kidding when you said it took you an hour to reply and such  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now I know it's true because I literally waited for an hour and a half since you change that title of the fic until when you really posted it  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I'm too sleepy to going thru it so I'll leave this here to edit after I squeeeee about it tomorrow..err.. hopefully after work  :nervous :nervous

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY UPDATEEEEEEEEE  :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:58:59 PM by dee1711 »

Offline yanouchi

• MariHaru Love Hunter!!
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)人(бвб)
« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »
Ahhhhh FoF-san, miss you so much.....

I think 99.9% who read this chapter will said....

"Arrgghhh.... just kiss her Mariko!!.... :ding:"

i read this chapter like 5 times now (and continued re-read mode)  :on study:.... this chapter with full of Mariharu moment in it....ahhh the feels...  :on gay:

LOL when Fang asked about "missus" and Mariko said "My Mom?"  :lol:, Haruna with teasing mode, that's cute!

aaaahh....i probably having a major withdrawal syndrome after BC ends..... 7 chapters left.... :fainted:

Thanks for the another great lovely chapter FoF-san, like Yuki88 said makes my heart goes doki doki suru!!

don't worry about the next update, we'll wait patiently.... :cool2:

edit: since Haruna in BC have that habit biting her lower lip... :D

good luck with your work and keep your mood up! :on GJ:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:03:44 PM by yanouchi »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Namida Wo Misenaide ~BOYS DON`T CRY~