JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hito - GReeeeN

Author Topic: Secret Admirer Chapter 17 4/15/12  (Read 9557 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Secret Admirer Chapter 15 4/4/12
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »
@oddy: Kinda the end of a chapter and the hope she would be leading a straight life, but how easy will it be :nervous

[15]

Sayu dragged Koha to the nearest restaurant as her hunger started to roar while cheering on Maimi.  Since the arena had no concessions, she had to rescue herself from suffering exhaustion of being on an empty stomach.

Sayu took a seat at the end of the ramen bar staring at the patron next to her and forced him to give up his seat for Koha who scooted in without saying a word.

The bunny looked up at the menu and pondered over her selection as Koha pointed out a special for two people and gave Sayu the nod to order it for them.

The man gave two cups of ice water as they looked around the restaurant and noticed the lack of people their age in the crowd.  They were feeling the lack of excitement in the atmosphere and extended their arms in the air to give out a cheer to lift up the spirits but no one followed their lead.  In embarrassment they put their arms down and sip from their cups as they waited for their order.

“Koha… it has been great getting to know you…”  Sayu paused with Koha holding onto her glass tightly.

“The thing is… I feel bad that you couldn’t find anyone better.”  Koha tilted her head to the side.

“What do you mean?  You haven’t done anything wrong and I still like you for the way you tend to control your life.”  Sayu took a sip to clear the blockage in her throat.

“I cannot feel the same way as you do.  You are like a little sister who drags me everywhere and when I want to be alone, you tend to intrude unconsciously.”  Koha slumped down and began to digest her words.

“I see…”  Sayu grinned and pat her on the head.

“The reason why I am saying this because I need to be away for a while and if you tend to cling on, I am afraid that we need to break off this relationship.”  Koha nodded slowly.

“Don’t be discouraged by my words.  I think you are a great person and with experience you’ll see someone who can be accustomed to your style of love.”  Sayu looked at the crowd again and turned back toward Koha. 

“After we eat, I need to head back home to talk to my parents about my long-term plans.  I won’t mention you but you will be on my mind as long as you give me some space to think of my speech.” 

“I want you to answer a question.  Is there anyone else in your life?”  Sayu nodded.

“It is a man who I was set up to be with so if everything pans out, I can come back to do whatever you want again.  I think it will be a battle between my parents and I so be aware I may need to rest.”  Koha shook her head as their dishes arrived and notice the plethora of sides with the meal for two.

Koha sat there mumbling towards her food as she begun to think about going forward from Sayu’s speech and the image of a white dress with the faceless man.  It was eating up her inside but she was determined to show a brave face and took a bunch of the thick noodles forced herself to eat it but it wouldn’t go down.

Sayu watched her shovel it in and whacked the back of her head to release the food.

“This is what I mean, I know that you were attracted to me but we cannot be like this as always.”  Her stern tone broke her from the fear and she saw something in Sayu that no other person had dared to show her.

Koha looked at her bowl of broth and forced a smile as Sayu happily ate her bowl but it weighed on her mind that she may have to permanently break away from Sayu.  Without any more images clogging up her mind, she ate what she could, and left the rest to the side.

“Thank you for being with me.”  Sayu whispered to her friend.

“It has been nice to know you…”  Koha bowed as she hid her face from the bunny as she walked home with the coat wrapped around her body.

Koha never wanted to say goodbye, it was the last thing on her mind, but she had to remove herself from the bunny at least for the time being.  She heard the ringtone on her phone and flipped it to find a message:

Koha,

You are much tougher than me; I have to admit that no one would be able to face my friends with your determination.  It has been the first time I ever received a girl’s feelings before and I want that again.  It may change when I come home but I don’t want your determination to waiver with fear of losing me.  I will have a badge of you in my heart and when I return, I will give you my answer.

Love,
Sayu

Koha closed her phone and broke down in tears.  She didn’t want to lose but with the situation out of her control, she had to trust Sayu that the bond will not be broken. 

The week’s visit wasn’t easy but Koha got through it without any major incident.  She had to read the text a million times to calm her down and continue on without showing her true feelings.

Sayu gave her a call after school and she met at the convenient store where she was working at and waited for Koha to come to talk to her but an eerie feeling came into her mind and then one of the windows broke on the side of her.  She looked down to see a rock slide next to her foot.

She looked up and people were fighting outside.  She hid in the back and called Koha as fast as she could and heard her voice.

“Sayu, are you okay?”

“Yeah, how about you?”

“I… am good, but we can talk someplace else.”  Sayu heard the tone and her heart sank down to her stomach as she threw her apron onto the hook and headed Koha’s direction.

She turned the corner and saw her entered into the park.  She followed her path until she got to a bench where she took a seat and looked to find Sayu frozen a few feet behind her.

“What is wrong?”

“How did everything go with the parents?”  Koha asked as the curiosity brought out a certain atmosphere to the conversation.

“It went fine.  But tell me what is wrong?”  Sayu forced it back toward Koha as she opened her phone.

She remembered the text message she had sent her but something Koha had figured out and Sayu knew it wasn’t going to be good from her part.

“This message was sent to one of your friends, exactly the wording I had received.” Sayu interrupted the explanation.

“It was my senior year.”  She had started.

“I had to choose somebody to go with me but Reina and Eri were going together and then I decided to send out an email to both of them as it seemed they each had someone who wanted to go with them.  I sent it out by accident and the two started to fight until I explained it was a mistake but it made them think of putting me as a third wheel.”  Koha softened her strict demeanor and lowered her phone.

“So… who was it intended for?”  Koha curiously asked.

“A boy I liked but he ignored me as I offered every gift I could give to him only to reject me in the end.”  Koha slipped the phone back into her bag and took a seat.

Sayu sat next to her and placed her arm around her head.  She moved her lips near her ear and grasped her hand.

“I want to do this.”  She whispered and Koha leaned onto the bunny as she cried out her pain onto the bunny’s chest.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: Secret Admirer Chapter 15 4/4/12
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
Ahh, and awesome chapter, Man Koha is kinda hurt but is tough and carries on where as Sayu in her own way ads to Koha's strength, with her texts and all to keep Koha going whilst she was away!  :wub:

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Secret Admirer Chapter 16 4/12/12
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 06:05:56 PM »
Sorry to everyone for not updating sooner :nervous

@oddy It was something I needed to add dynamically to make this couple work and to differentiate from the others

[16]

Mano and Kikkawa decided to ride back to the restaurant for a celebratory dinner with each other.  Yuu never experience being a customer in the restaurant but her mother insisted to reserve a room for both of them.

She was nervous about her mother serving them that she grabbed an old cloth and polished the table as they anxiously waited for their food to Mano-chan’s entertainment.

“Yuu… don’t worry about that.  Enjoy the atmosphere here; it is only you and me.”  Kikka dropped the cloth and sat up as the sliding door opened for their ramen.

Her mother placed the bowls in front of them with their utensils to the side of them as they prepared their sides in the mini containers waiting to dig in.

“If you guys need anything else, just call out, I will be serving others.”  She politely left leaving the two again with Yuu’s nerves getting the best of her.

“Relax already.  There is nothing you can do to stop this.”  Mano opened her chopsticks and mixed the sauce into her soup as she prepared her first bite.

“True.  I just don’t want to burden them.”  She broke hers and picked up a bunch and dove into the meal.

Mano-chan paused after a few bites to admire the Yuu’s eating style, unusual from the norm, still adorable bunny bites.  Yuu gave her a stare after each admiration and quickly went back to her food without any exchange of words.

The last bit of noodles exited from the bowl for Mano-chan as she sipped the last bit of soup swiftly.  Yuu was still midway through her bowl when her mother peek her head in.

“Is everything okay?  Mano-chan, do you want anything else?”  She waved her hand as Yuu chased her mother away.

“Mou… your mother is being considerate.”  She punched her friend in the arm as she pushed her bowl away.

“I know… it is just I am afraid.”  She lay on the floor as Mano moved toward her legs.

“Are you afraid of hurting me?  Is it because we never were close and when I came here, we are moving too fast.”  Mano’s words were arrows hitting her until she held up her hand.

“Do you think it is going too fast?”  She questioned with Mano shaking her head.

“It should be, we cannot use breaks when we feel in control because it scares you.  We should be able to convey our feelings without any limits.”  She hinted a smile as she rested her head on Mano’s lap.

Yuu closed her eyes for a while and shot up as soon as she noticed Mano resting on her side.  She lay back down on her side as Mano position her arm onto her right hip.

For the few minutes, Mano kept her cool as she tried to snuggle with her partner but Yuu’s concern started to hit her quickly and remembered times when she would question to feel comfortable until she would leave without a farewell.

Tears fell quickly from her eyes as she shielded her face from her partner.  Mano moved in closer, digging her face into her back as the sadness filled her.  Yuu turned to see her red eyes and grinned to console the broken sole.

After a quick embrace, Yuu looked outside and asked for assistance to clear up the room.  Mano didn’t mind helping as the dishes were placed near the sink and both washed dishes as they closed shop together.

An hour after the closing, they decided to walk to Yuu’s house together despite living in separate directions.  Mano budged her way into grasping her friend’s hand and held it tightly.

“We are the outcasts in this town!”  Yuu shouted out as she stepped ahead running into the park.

“Chotto Matte!”  Mano chased her until they stopped at the bench, sitting next to each other under the waning moon.

Their eyes were fixed on the moon with Yuu’s head on her shoulder as she gave out a long yawn.  Mano took her hand and clasped it together as their hearts began to beat at the same beat.  Mano moved closer but an ache in her back held her from kissing her but Yuu went for it.

The lips pressed together for a millisecond before she pulled back red with embarrassment.

“I’m sorry.”  Yuu got up but Mano grabbed her wrist.

“Don’t be sorry.  I should be sorry.  My heart is here but my head is worried about something.”  Yuu broke free of her grasp and bowed to her.

Mano spent a few minutes recollection her thoughts as she imagined how much further the relationship would continue until a hooded person came by her.

“Mano-chan, I appreciate you still cheering for me.”  She removed the cap and Maimi smiled at her as her short uneven hair was gently moving with the wind.

“Why did you retire?”  She shook her head.

“My heart isn’t into fighting anymore, I protected people when I didn’t need to, and in the end I confronted my father.  I told him that what if I feel in love with a person, who I want to train but never compete against.”  Maimi paused.

“That girl, she was the reason you quitted?”  Maimi shook her head.

“Toku-chan saw something that I never showed to anyone.  No one else witnessed the fear in my eyes; she exposed me before I could explain that she was going to ruin it.  However, thanks to everyone I can retire in peace and become a coach.”  Mano took a deep breath and looked at the direct Yuu had left the park.

“I see.  I think you would be a great coach but you are still a terrible girlfriend.”  Maimi tilted her head.

“Chinami loves you.  Why can’t you lower your guard?  I couldn’t stand you protecting from the blows people gave you.  I never gave up on you but I can’t win over your feelings.”  Mano gushed out her heart and then leaned on her friend in exhaustion.

Maimi felt her mouth being stapled by Mano’s words.  She knew how she always supported without giving any back.  Mano was her lone supporter before becoming famous but she felt the gratitude from all those past fights all compiled into a heavy ball to present to Mano.

“Answer me!!!!”  She yelled out as Maimi stood up.

“I can’t stand losing.  Fear always strikes when you cannot admit what is bothering me.  It was always you being there and a smile would comfort you but I couldn’t show anything because if I failed… I would feel bad more for you than myself.”  Maimi’s soft voice ringed her ears as she latched onto her.

“I know.  I realized that I wanted you to understand my pain.  I want you to tell Chinami you love her.”  Mano instructed but Maimi refused.

“I still have feelings for you.”  Maimi jogged away as she flipped her hood back on as she sat back on the bench wondering what she had done to get that reaction from her.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: Secret Admirer Chapter 16 4/12/12
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
Ahh, so Mano and Yuu are getting close and close together but it seems as though maybe thinggs between Maimi and Mano may not yet be fully resolved, interesting, interesting!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Secret Admirer Chapter 17 4/15/12
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 10:52:44 AM »
@oddy I wanted to kinda leave the two with the problems, only adds intrigue to the story

[17]

The three months after her retirement gave Maimi a little time to herself and her new girlfriend.  Chinami was aware that she wanted to follow her partner’s footsteps but the image of her being on top seemed so far away.  Maimi’s father allowed her to train under her supervision however he was cautious to allow her to compete especially with Maimi on the sidelines.

The former champion was comfortable with her father’s decision but it lead to a tear in the relationship as Chii wanted to at least have one fight within six months of joining.  She had improved with her punching but overall performance was the key to determining if a fight could happen and she lacked the instinct to stay in a fight.

Yajima was confident that Chii could fight but someone had to prove that she lacked the skills to last and her father grew impatient that she was slowly improving.  Maimi acknowledged that sparring would only improve her readiness and since they were of similar size, she would have to jump in without remorse.

“Maimi, you have to train her for now.”  Her father’s words admitting defeat as she stood in her corner while she was prepping for a match.

She stepped inside to observe Chinami’s movements and tried to build her with her own insight.  Maimi lifted up her guard as she watched Chinami sway back and forth waiting for an attack.  Maimi grew irritated with her defensive posture that she threw a right straight to her cheek, grazing it as her partner took a step back.  Chinami went forward with a left jab that barely reached out and she could see the fear in her eyes.

“You have to attack, Chii.”  Maimi instructed as she did the same punch to no effect towards her.

She grew furious over the fear that she connected with a left hook and caused her to wobble.  Her father watched Chinami tripping over herself and let her recover as Chinami kept her guard up.  However, she didn’t expect a sweep of her feet and landed hard on the mat.  Maimi threw her equipment onto the ground and grabbed her.

“I did this because I wanted to make you better but if you are going to be weak, we can break everything off now.”  She scolded her as Chii slowly got off the ground.

“Then why are you afraid?”  She said under voice causing Maimi to rush up to her looking into her eyes.

“You are the one afraid.”  She replied back as Chinami exerted a punch to the midsection as Maimi took half a step back and loaded up a punch.

She stood there thinking about her words.  She was right about being afraid, everything before didn’t matter to her, but to watch her get pummel was something she didn’t want to see, and lowered her fist.

Maimi didn’t have to say anything and put her equipment back on and worked on everything she needed to improve but the attitude weighed heavily into going back to sparring.  Chinami allowed herself to take on more abuse at the hands of Maimi until she finally got one punch to the midsection with all her might; she connected sending Maimi onto one knee.

The former champion knew it was a good shot and her gasping for breath gave her partner confidence but she wouldn’t give in easily and stood up to get an uppercut nailing her on the chin.  Chii took a few steps back, seeing the stars from the punch, and shook off the cobwebs from the perfect shot.

Maimi saw the confidence grow within her and her father put a timely stop to the action as took off their protective equipment and sat in the middle of the ring with her father exiting from the room.

“Yajima-chan, tell me why you are being soft on me?  I can handle everything you come at me with.”  Chinami blurted out as Maimi smirked at her.

“I love you and I cannot hurt you like I hurt my opponents.  You were the one to take on this challenge so I just…” 

“…wanted to test me out first.  I understand but train me so I can be better.  You were motivated to attack your opponents despite not listening to your father.”  Maimi grinned.

Chinami hit the cord that had haunted her.  She was hardheaded to listen to her father and the matches were a big indication of her lack of discipline.  However, she knew that the grit and determination would put her over the top and that was the top qualities that attracted Chinami to her.  Still, she had to weigh certain aspects as she faced her girlfriend and grabbed her stuff to go to the locker room.

Maimi thought that she couldn’t make her as powerful as she wanted her to be until Chinami walked into the locker and saw her father looking at the trophies Maimi had won over the past few years.

“I want to fight Yajima-san.” He chuckled at the statement and never looked in her direction.

She repeated the same sentiment and delivered a punched to his hip.  He turned towards her and nodded his head.

“Tomorrow, you shall fight her.  I will coach you to develop your skills and a lost will only make it worst for you.”  Chinami nodded which shocked her girlfriend.

This will not go my way.

The next day, both went to school as usual but visibly their kinship was on hold.  Rumors flew across like paper airplanes and soon the air was thick with the talk of breakup.

Momo, who would spread the rumors, was the first to kill it off as she saw Maimi’s face change when she started to glare at her.  She could sense a rift between them and decided to ask Chinami but something came over her to halt her progress.

Maimi walked into class with the infinite amount of eyes looking at her as she sat down but the chatter was getting the point of irritation that she stormed out and headed to the infirmary.

Niigaki Risa was on duty taking care of the sick students but it was empty for the morning.  Maimi walked in and slammed the door to wake up the bean from her nap.  She looked around the room seeing a girl lying on the bed with her arm over her head.

Maimi had tears flowing out from her eyes as Risa drew back the curtain seeing her pale.  The bean grabbed a chair and sat next to her as she watched her for a moment.

“Is there something I can do?”  She shook her head.

“You cannot run away…”  Maimi turned her head.

“If you have a problem, you should be upfront with them.  I cannot say I always do it.”  Maimi sat up to break her line of thought.

“If it were that easy, I would do so but… I mean my friend has been weighing about the situation.”  Risa smiled.

“So what about your friend?”  She asked cunningly.

“She wants to help her girlfriend out but she feels that it might to be rough to take on her own battles.”

“Why does your friend fear that she cannot, maybe she can but doesn’t want your friend to worry?”  Maimi bent her neck as her chin touched her collarbone.

“Because she… I mean her girlfriend is not as strong as she thinks she is and if she gets hurt my friend will take the the blame for not protecting her.”  Risa’s smile grew as big as it could.

“Maybe you should let her guide your way to happiness, she can only see it if you have confidence in her.”  Risa said in a low voice.

“It doesn’t help that I gave away that I am in trouble but I need to rest.”  Maimi’s final words deter the conversation and she decided to nap until lunch or at least she could get home without any more trouble from other students.

Despite her attempts to sleep, she couldn’t get the match off her mind and tossed and turned in the bed causing Risa to unfortunately let her return back to class.  Maimi could only imagine that Chinami had the advantage because she was hungry to prove her wrong but she knew skill would go to her.  That thought spiraled out of control until she finally concluded that she may have to put her into a dreamland.

The final bell rang and she headed to the gym to prepare for the fight with all the eyes of the student body observing her movements.  The fight was now a personal battle to teach a fellow fighter that this isn’t a game.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hito - GReeeeN