JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Sorashido -Nee Nee-

Author Topic: (Group) BABYMETAL  (Read 147496 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) BABYMETAL
« Reply #440 on: May 07, 2018, 05:29:37 PM »

The chosen seven, I imagine... looks cool and all but... no sign of the girls. :thumbdown:

Edit: Oh yeah me forgetting to talk about the song says a lot I suppose... it's pretty average. :lol:

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #442 on: May 12, 2018, 04:03:29 AM »
Amuse stocks collapse
Now that was worth a chuckle.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #444 on: June 10, 2018, 01:16:13 PM »
Babymetal - 18-06-05 - The Netherlands, Utrecht, Tivoli Vredenburg Ronda

History of Babymetal in the Netherlands

First things first, let's take a quick look back at Babymetal's history in the Netherlands. They performed here once before, namely on a metal festival called FortaRock in Nijmegen. Funny thing is, this was exactly two years ago, also on June 5th. Babymetal played the smaller stage in the tent, but it was packed. Pretty much everybody wanted a glimpse of them and they even drew crowd away from Megadeth, who were playing on the main stage at the same time.

One thing is for sure, their concert was a massive success. The crowd went crazy and everybody had a great time, despite the massive heat building up in the tent. I think this warm welcome from the Dutch fans is a big part of why they decided to play in the Netherlands again. A club show no less! A smart move, because this date sold out in literally no time at all. Luckily everybody involved got their heads together and added an additional date.

I've been told this is the first time ever they played an openly accessible club show (so no massive dome concerts or fanclub only shows) two days in a row. I was lucky enough to attend the 'Legend I' concert in Shibuya O-East in Tokyo in 2012. They actually performed that show twice that day, so in that sense the two Utrecht dates might not be that historically unique. That aside, it's still epic and very convenient for many fans who are following them on tour.

Arriving at the venue

The best thing about going to see the same show two days in a row, is that there is no stress. I didn't worry about getting a good spot, so I didn't feel the urge to line up super early. I arrived in Utrecht at around 16:00. I walked past the venue and already saw a big crowd. I said hello to some familiar faces, but then I went to grab a bite to eat. I lived in this city for a good four years, so I wanted to check out some of my old favorite places. Plus I knew where to get cold drinks for free, haha.

I went back to the venue at about 18:00. The doors would open at 19:00. There was already quite a long line and it got much, much longer after I got in. Makes sense, because the people who were able to get a ticket for this date had to be big fans. I also met several first timers who paid 150 euro (instead of the regular 33 euro) from a shady ticket site. Some of them didn't get in. They were scammed. Honestly? If you're gonna spend that much, you might as well have gotten VIP for 165 euro. That way you get early access and a small present.

The concert was at the Ronda room at TivoliVredenburg in Utrecht. It's a fairly new building and I hadn't been here before. The Ronda has a semi-amphitheater layout, meaning there are plenty of places were you can get a great view. Personally, I don't like to be in the mosh pit. I had plenty of that at FortaRock, so I opted for the balcony. Despite lining up relatively late, I still had an amazing spot at the front, right in the center. I even had space to dance around!

The Babymetal concert #1

Setlist:
01. In The Name Of
02. Distortion
03. Elevator Girl (unofficial title)
04. Tattoo (unofficial title)
05. GJ!
06. Akatsuki
07. Megitsune
08. Gimme Chocolate!!
09. Karate
10. Road of Resistance
11. The One (unfinished version, later with Kami Band)

Allow me to start of with the two negatives I have to say about this concert. Firstly, I don't like the new intro song. I understand Babymetal Death isn't an option considering the whole Yui situation, but this new intro doesn't get me hyped. When it ends, the band has to change instruments and the girls need to change outfits, so you're left with a pretty lengthy gap going into the next song. Furthermore, the outfits aren't cool. The big masks are just weird.

The second negative is the amount of new songs, all at the beginning. OK, part of me is happy we are getting new songs after such a long time, but during a concert I want to hear the classics. That said, I must say Distortion is a cool song to hear live. I didn't really care for it at first, but the 'wow wow' part is definitely a lot of fun to sing along to. And the other two new songs aren't bad either, so I guess my complaint is minor.

Moametal getting her place in the spotlight with GJ! As a Yui fan, it felt a bit weird, but I gotta say Moa nailed it. Her dancing has improved a lot, probably due to working with the two new girls who are obviously both professionals. She can make herself look huge and her facial expressions are simply great. Dancing the way she does for almost an hour straight is intense and I respect her a lot. She gained tons of fans this tour for sure.

I was there when Akatsuki was performed for the first time ever during 'Legend I' and it was, well, legendary. It made a huge impact om me and the song has remained one of my all time favorites ever since. I'm super happy it's part of the setlist for this tour. Excellent performance by Su, the dancers and the Kami Band. I confess I teared up a little bit.

The highlight of the show was Megitsune. Everybody in the crowd participated with the shouts and hand movements. The one thing that stood out to me was the amount of smiles and fan interaction. Moa and Su would go near the sides of the stage to interact with the fans. They were genuinely enjoying themselves and Moa was bouncing from left to right at one point. It was a blast to watch. This was a key moment, because I decided I should stand on the side for tomorrow's show, to get a close view.

Gimme Chocolate!! Is so powerful live. Like I said, I even had space to to do the dance and hand movements, haha. I made a quick video of Karate, which you can check out below. The One was also great, especially when Takayoshi joined in with that emotional guitar solo. It always hits me right in the feelz. In the end, the show lasted exactly one hour. I knew what to expect, but some people were a bit disappointed it was that short. Taking into consideration the level of energy and the lack of MCs, I think it's alright.

Random thoughts

It's funny, but all the predictions regaring the line-up were wrong. No Leda, no Yui. Ohmura Takayoshi is one of the top 3 best guitarists in the world as far as I'm concerned, so I was super happy he was back for the European leg of the tour. He combines immaculate playing with crazy faces and intense movements. Isao doesn't really do it for me, even tho I still respect him as a musician.

Before the show I spotted plenty of Yui themed shirt, one of them giving the finger to Amuse. I'm a huge Yui fan, but if this is what it takes to let Babymetal continue, then so be it. The girls had a great time, as well as the band and all the fans. Everybody who went left with a huge smile on their face. It's like Sugizo replacing Hide in X-Japan to some extent. Sure, no Yui is far from ideal, but I'd still rather see Babymetal with two members than not at all.

---------------

Babymetal - 18-06-06 - The Netherlands, Utrecht, Tivoli Vredenburg Ronda

This time I arrived in Urrecht too early. I planned on walking around in Amsterdam, but it was too hot and crowded so I made my way south sooner as planned. I spent a lot of timing at the library of the university where I could sit in the shade, chill, drink and eat. I decided to go to the venue about 20 minutes sooner, because I had a plan for today. I wanted to stand on the side, because I knew the girls would go there.

The crowd was smaller than yesterday and I had a spot near the front of the line. The sun was scorching hot, so that VIP early access would've been more than welcome. I met two girls from Spain, a Finnish gentleman and a bunch of guys from Germany and France. Team France handed out these pins, which were just great. Tiny things like this can just make one super happy. I'll definitely cherish it, so merci beaucoup.

Every went according to plan and I was standing where the green circle is. The red circle indicates my position from yesterday. It was an insane spot, because it feels like you're on stage with them. You are literally in front of the security personal handling the main floor area. It's even behind the video screen so I could see everything that happened before and after.

Before the show I hung out with a Japanese guy and a Dutch guy I met the day before. We exchanged stories and it was just great fun. Turns out the Japanese guy was a metalhead, but he got into Sakura Gakuin thanks to Babymetal. Behind me were two business men who came straight out of work, because they wanted to see it, haha.

I'll keep it short (lol), but this concert was awesome. I was standing pretty much next to Takayoshi and it was a blast seeing him play. Standing on the side of the actual stage also gave an interesting new perspective on the choreography and their expressions. As expected, the girls came near the side again and they were super close. Seeing them smile and wave right in front of you is just special. I almost wanted to go stand on the balcony again, but I'm so glad I didn't. I would've missed out on an amazing experience.

Thanks to everybody who was there. We proved once again that the Netherlands adores Babymetal. If they ever go on world tour again, they will be back here for sure.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:39:04 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2018, 08:20:25 PM »
I FINALLY got around to reading this after you linked it, haha! I'm so glad you had fun!!!

Before the show I spotted plenty of Yui themed shirt, one of them giving the finger to Amuse. I'm a huge Yui fan, but if this is what it takes to let Babymetal continue, then so be it. The girls had a great time, as well as the band and all the fans. Everybody who went left with a huge smile on their face. It's like Sugizo replacing Hide in X-Japan to some extent. Sure, no Yui is far from ideal, but I'd still rather see Babymetal with two members than not at all.

This is exactly how I feel about the whole situation. I love Yui and of course I'd love to see her again and Babymetal WAS different without her, but Su + Moa (+possible new background dancers) were SO POWERFUL and good live. I know there was a statement saying Yui was still in the band though, so hopefully we'll hear something concrete soon that's not steeped in Lore, haha.

The show in Atlanta was great too, so much energy, a great crowd (like seriously probably THE best concert crowd I've ever been in), tons of fan interaction, a FANTASTIC pit. The same setlist as well, though I actually didn't mind so many new songs myself. Despite all the controversy and no Yui, it honestly helped renew my love for Babymetal.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #446 on: October 20, 2018, 05:56:55 AM »
Awwwwww...:(

AramaJapan.com - YUIMETAL withdraws from BABYMETAL
- https://aramajapan.com/news/music/yuimetal-withdraws-from-babymetal/92398/
- http://www.babymetal.com/en/news/?id=28

English translation of the official statement:
    Thank you for continually supporting BABYMETAL. We would like to inform you of BABYMETAL’s new beginning which will be effective starting this month’s BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2018 in JAPAN performances.

YUIMETAL had expressed her desire to return performing with the group in the following months after last December’s performance due health concerns. During her absence, both SU-METAL and MOAMETAL as well as the entire staff team had been preparing for her awaited return. However, YUIMETAL came to a decision that she will not be performing at BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2018 in JAPAN and that she will no longer be a part of BABYMETAL. We thank her for all of her contributions and wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

This month’s BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2018 in JAPAN will mark the rebirth in which SU-METAL and MOAMETAL form the core of BABYMETAL.

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to the fans for the continued support and look forward in what’s next for BABYMETAL.

NeoTokyo2099.com - YUIMETAL leaves BABYMETAL due to poor physical condition
- https://neotokyo2099.com/2018/10/19/yuimetal-leaves-babymetal-due-to-poor-physical-condition/

TokyoGirlsUpdate.com - BABYMETAL Announces YUIMETAL’s Departure and New Digital Single Release
- https://tokyogirlsupdate.com/yuimetal-with-love-201810141120.html

Translated statement from Yui-chan:
Yui Mizuno’s comment:

Message to fans

I apologize for my absence this whole time, and inconveniencing many people. I’ve given much thought to it, and I came to the decision that I will leave BABYMETAL.

I’m deeply sorry for causing trouble to the members and everyone who always supported BABYMETAL. To all the fans who cheered on BABYMETAL, I’m really sorry for making you sad.

I strongly wished I could stand on stage one more time but even now my physical condition is still not up to it, and I also have dreams that I’ve always wanted to pursue as Yui Mizuno. As such, I came to this conclusion.

I’m grateful for all the valuable experiences I gained as part of BABYMETAL/
Every day was a blessing to me.
I had the best time coming together as one and laughing with everyone during lives.
I’ll do my best and push forward so that I can meet everyone again as Yui Mizuno.
Thank you for these past 8 years.

Yui Mizuno

Su and Moa will continue/carry on, as evidenced by the following

AramaJapan.com - BABYMETAL release new MV for “Starlight”
- http://aramajapan.com/news/musicvideo/babymetal-release-new-mv-for-starlight/92404/

EDIT:

TokyoHive.com - YUIMETAL to leave BABYMETAL
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2018/10/yuimetal-to-leave-babymetal
- https://natalie.mu/music/news/304488
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:58:58 AM by JFC »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #447 on: October 20, 2018, 07:42:05 AM »
Welcome back to the mortal world Mizuno Yui san

Wishing her a warm and wonderful life ahead

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2018, 05:49:21 AM »
Didn't she want to be a nurse?

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2018, 06:17:16 AM »
So will she be replaced, or BABYMETAL continues as a duo?

Amuse could contact Sakura Gakuin graduates for interest...
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #451 on: May 27, 2019, 06:53:54 AM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:41:14 AM by JFC »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #457 on: September 20, 2019, 03:03:03 PM »

The Divine Goddess does not need translators, She does her interview in english too
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #458 on: September 21, 2019, 03:51:34 AM »

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #459 on: September 21, 2019, 04:30:42 AM »
Su is smart.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Sorashido -Nee Nee-