JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chow Yun Fat - Shanghai Grand

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 38789 times)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2016, 02:32:09 AM »
Most events will be on sites like http://idolscheduler.jp/. Click the day, then go to イベント/ライブ (event/live), select your region and then click 絞り込み to narrow down your results otherwise you will even get things like TV and magazine appearances in your results. Although some events do fall between the cracks every now and then so follow the groups you're interested in on Twitter and maybe make a special list just for the members and staff accounts so you can check them faster.

I gave up on seeing AKB or any other 48 group in the theater because the ratio of people applying versus the amount of seats is too high! Joining the fan club didn't help at all. Maybe if you have someone you know who lives far from a theater, you can ask to use their address to apply to increase your chances slightly?

I'm thinking of checking this one out on January 24th at Shinjuku Re:NY - IDOLidge Carnival

Here's the timetable for that. 3,500 presale and 4,000 at the door with the obligatory 1 drink charge.

16:00~16:15 閃光ロードショー
16:15~16:30 HOT HEAT HEAT GIRLS
16:30~16:45 Hauptharmonie
16:45~17:00 まねきケチャ
17:05~17:25 神宿
17:25~17:45 虹のコンキスタドール
17:45~18:00 Girls Beat!!(加護亜依/姫乃稜菜/百瀬ゆい)
18:05~18:25 小桃音まい
18:25~18:50 palet
18:50~19:15 妄想キャリブレーション
19:20~19:35 FYT
19:35~19:50 P.IDL
19:50~20:10 drop
20:15~20:35 GALETTe
20:35~20:55 POP
21:00~21:20 バクステ外神田一丁目
21:20~22:00 BELLRING少女ハート

I am already imagining how chaotic the tokuten/goods area will be because the lobby is tiny!

Here's the tokutenkai/goods schedule too!

16:30~17:30 
【A】閃光ロードショー
【B】HOT HEAT HEAT GIRLS

17:00~18:00
【C】Hauptharmonie
【D】まねきケチャ

17:30~18:30
【A】(神宿)

18:30~19:30
【B】虹のコンキスタドール
【C】Girls Beat!!(加護亜依/姫乃稜菜/百瀬ゆい)
【D】小桃音まい

19:00~20:00
【A】palet

19:30~20:30
【B/C/D】妄想キャリブレーション

20:30~21:30
【A】FYT
【B】P.IDL
【C】drop

20:30~21:15
【D】BELLRING少女ハート(事前物販)

21:30~22:30
【A】GALETTe
【B】POP
【C】バクステ外神田一丁目

22:00~22:45
【D】BELLRING少女ハート
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:52:59 AM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2016, 07:03:45 AM »
@Kayseur
Well, I would agree with everything mentioned here but have to state one thing: Beyond the heat TIF is still one of my greatest idol experience I had. My view may be subjective, but I like the Odaiba area, the big Market Square, the several stages, food stands, ice cream parlours and that the majority of idol groups I like are present and run around there freely.
If you can manage to go there and as you stated you liked the line-up from last year, you should give it a try. BUT: The heat is a big issue and I won't recommend you for staying a whole month in Japan during this season. YOu basically won't have any motivation to do sightseeing, shopping, whatever. I basically spent my days around TIF at other (indoor) idol events, hence escaping the sun.
Meeting up people there is difficult during the event, as everyone has a different schedule, if your tastes aren't similar. So the best options would be at the Market Square or in the evening after the shows. But at that time all you care about may be, where to find the next shower :lol: and as it is in Odaiba, you have to avoid missing the last subway.

Therefore my suggestion for you: Take a shorter trip and keep an eye on the website. TIF promised a lot of changes. Maybe they really improve on some issues (though I doubt it).
And otherwise I recommend the @JAM Expo end of August. It is indoors, several stages, featuring most of the idols that are also present at TIF, and when you prolong your vacation into Septembre, the weather gets more comfortable by day.

@mixedmedia
Intersting Line-Up. Then you can tell me about how GALLETTe (and Akari) is faring nowadays ;)
But the lobby will be already occupied by the members of バクステ外神田一丁目. Good luck then :P
I also wonder about the amount of fans present there. As it is a sunday I would even expect it to be sold out.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2016, 02:00:52 PM »
@mixedmedia: Thanks for the link, seems nice. Does look like there's always something to see. Making a twitter list for staff account isn't something I had thought about, I'll probably do that.

@wattstax: Yeah I already went to Japan once and spent a day in Odaiba, it certainly is a nice area, probably one of my favorite for various reasons. Actually, I was there in July two years ago, and it's true sightseeing was hard to do when it was hot — shopping was quite fine thanks to the air conditioning though, as long as I wasn't going out.  :lol:
I think I'd rather have a month, first trip was 3-weeks-long and even that felt a bit short. But I'll keep an eye out for @Jam Expo, it does look pretty good! Plus if I extend into September, I'll get to go to the Tokyo Game Show, which is a fine tradeoff to Comiket. Hopefully they won't be too late to post the lineup. Thanks!

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2016, 03:56:27 PM »
The other thing I'd bear in mind when booking trips, is that there are a lot more idol events on at weekends. But also this extends to public holidays. So it's worth looking at the Japan public holiday dates, cuz your trip may overlay or be close to one/some.

Chihiro

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2016, 09:48:58 PM »
since I don`t want to repeat what others said, I`ll just ask if you have gone to a Comiket before or will be your first time too?

becuz there is nothing closer to hell than a Comiket, believe me. that shit is always so crowded you can`t even walk around. and with the most disrespectful and creepy otakus you`ll find, bumping on you all the time, throwing trash everywhere... the only time I went it sucked so much! and that was when the attendance wasn`t as big as nowadays...

so I`d say that, if you can manage to go (and enjoy!) a Comiket... well, then TIF downsides certainly are no problem for you.  :lol: nothing in TIF compares to a freaking Comiket, so you should definitely go there specially you are not into obscure groups and hardcore wota antics yet. in TIF you should be able to see all the most popular groups, from a safe distance and for free if you only go to the free areas/stages.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2016, 10:57:09 PM »
^ when reading most of tsutomos posts you would think he's an obnoxious asshole but he's actually a really nice guy :)

/off-topic end

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2016, 11:57:11 PM »
@tsutomo: Haha no, I've never been to a Comiket yet but I did hear lots of people saying the same thing. I just wanted to experience hell myself, at least once. Though with everything people said I'm getting more interested in @JAM, smaller/regular lives & cooler time periods. I'll probably let the lineups decide in the end, giving me at least another month of reflexion.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
DO NOT SPEND THE ENTIRE MONTH OF AUGUST IN JAPAN! The humidity makes it nearly impossible to want to do anything.

TIF is good if you want to see more popular groups like HKT and SKE mixed in with groups you may have never heard of and whatever new Hello Pro or Stardust groups there are. HKT48 was there 3 years in a row and SKE48 came back for their 2nd time last year. Both performances were early in the day since Kawaei's graduation concerts at Saitama Super Arena were the same weekend.

@JAM is better if you don't want to roast in the sun for 3 days and get everything done in 1 day. Biggest performers for 2015 were Ebichu, Sakura Gakuin, SUPERGIRLS, GEM, Dempagumi, PASSPO, Cheeky Parade, etc. JKT48 was there in 2014. Good thing about @JAM is that it's indoors but one of the stages is a big pain to try to get into (Pineapple) since it's outside Yokohama Arena and way too small! But that's where the organizers have the live webcast usually. Unless you're a hardcore fan, save an hour or two in line and go see someone else.

@wattstax: I think it's funny how GALETTe and POP will be in the lobby at the same time since the last time I saw GALETTe (in August) Nonoko and Yui "fished" me super hard but I haven't seen them since. At the same time, due to Saki's previous hiatus, I got more into the new members of POP and had some good interactions with Maaya and Ao (Saki is always awesome) recently. I was just imagining me going to see Nonoko and her asking me "who did you come to see?" because I can't say "I came to see you!" like last time if right after I go and see POP. Maybe it's only funny to me? Sorry.

Akari's hair isn't growing out fast enough! I hate that she cut it so short for their official picture! She looks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber! Reina was pretty awesome as far as I recall.

Looks like Bellha will be in the lobby before and after their set which adds to the chaos. 

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2016, 02:32:23 AM »
when reading most of tsutomos posts you would think he's an obnoxious asshole but he's actually a really nice guy

that's simply not true. I'm totally obnoxious... specially becuz I like that word so much, it sounds so... blasé.  :lol: probably my second favorite word after rendezvous.  :lol:

and I don't like being a nice guy. I prefer the ruthless prick role, always. #lifehasmademedisway #bricktop4prez #womanlikeithard
 :grin:

you should go to a big festival like @jam and on the following days, search some events with the groups that attracted more you there. as someone said, there's always a dozen or more idol events around Tokyo every day, even on ordinary weekdays. and don't worry the japanese fans will help you out, they are always very nice to foreigners coming to see small groups.  :) wotas are not so bad as portrayed on the web. unless you are talking about me.  :P

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2016, 10:05:53 AM »
I am finally able to manage trips to Japan in spring and autumn this year. I expected so much more living and leisure quality.

@mixedmedia
I understand your dilemma, lol. My suggestion: Talk to Nonoko first and tell her casually that you have to talk with POP for some reason, but you will come back later again. If it doesn't work out in the end, blame the organisation  :lol:
I still haven't seen GALETTe perform. But I would love too, especially in regards to Akari, to see if I can still like her. So far the events they are at never have groups I like with them.

And don't get me started on idol hair cuts. Most recent "shock" was Rizu from PiiiiiiiN. When I think back, Akari's hair was so perfect during Kasabuta release. Now I have to agree with you, not only cutting her bangs but overall making it shorter. I doubt though, that she really wants to grow out her hair some time soon.

I am sorry for you because of Bellring. Even as a big fan of them I can see how they trouble others. For me it would be perfect though :P Worth would be a group like JyuJyu - so many fans, but still so much time to talk with them, that the queue seems endless.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2016, 03:23:01 PM »
IDOLidge Carnival was good except for the garbage wota causing problems for security and other true fans. There was almost a fight with a Kamiyado fan and there were definitely come scuffles with security tonight. I left during the middle of Bellha because I was over it. I gave up trying to see Nonoko or POP as soon as I saw the lines in the lobby. Sorry.

GALETTe was great even though Saki wasn't there. I did my best to watch Akari when I wasn't looking at Nonoko and she seemed to be doing well. Her hair is growing out slowly. She might be going for the Waki Akari (TPD) or Arai Manami (Upga) look now? For the new outfits she's the only one with shorts.

I want to like Bellring based on their music, but they definitely attract garbage wota. I feel bad for drop charging only 2,000 yen for their tour final at Shinagawa Stellar Ball. I predict much trash wota will show up there too. I don't hate them, but they're definitely popular more because of their looks/personality rather than their musical talent.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2016, 04:01:06 PM »
Skipping the events is understandable with that amount of fans (and garbage in the audience :banghead:). Did that too sometimes. Sad though that you left. Was interested in your solution of the Nonoko "problem" ;)
Can not deny that groups like Bellha attract trash wotas. I don't really no drop, just that they are colourful (comparable to Kamiyado?). 2,000 Yen is really a bargain, which can result in problems.

And thanks for the details on GALETTe. I really appreciate it. If Akari wants to go that route, she clearly has bad taste :P

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2016, 01:44:13 PM »
Looks like the @JAM Expo will be two-days long this year and be held at the Makuhari Messe instead of the Yokohama Arena. And it'll take place late September, on the 24th et 25th. That sounds good.
http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/atjam-natalie-expo-20160277697.html

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »
Wow. 2 Days, at Makuhari Messe and not in summer, but end of Septembre. Sounds so much better than TIF now.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »
Based on this alone, @JAM has pulled way ahead of TIF for sure! I get the sneaking suspicion that TIF doesn't care about putting on a good event as long as they can keep claiming that they're the biggest even if they have to pull some shenanigans like having it at the same time as their Fuji TV summer events, which make it easier to inflate the numbers.

Having all those free areas attracts people too even if they're the wrong kind of people (trash wota). Having seen a bunch of them at last year's @JAM, I expect them to be there again but nowhere near as bad as TIF.

Hopefully this means no more ridiculously tiny stages like Pineapple Stage where they try to pack Budokan/Zepp level groups into a 200-person tiny live house. Found the site for the place that they used for Pineapple stage: http://ns-beach.com/

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »
@Jam producers deserve  :bow:

the event, the way it was being done (at Yokohama Arena), was already a lot better than TIF, all things considered. now... the comparison just gets ridiculous. TIF is reduced to ashes. a two days event at Makuhari (I always said TIF should realize their festival there... too late, folks!) is the best setup possible. Makuhari has plenty of space to build a dozen small stages and still let people walk with no difficulties around, all while protected from the sun or rain. if they manage to get some big names this year (48 groups or Stardust), they may very well surpass TIF in attendance, despite no free stages and "viewers inflation" tactics by the producers.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
New Side Beach was the Pineapple Stage?  :shocked Now I understand the criticism.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2016, 12:30:19 PM »
Went to Gyu-No Fes at Shin-Kiba 1st Ring and aside from it being pretty cold waiting outside between the 1st and 2nd shows and people getting a little too crazy during Bellring, it was a nice pair of mini-festivals in a wrestling ring. As much as people love BELLRING, I'm still trying to figure them out. Zekkyo 60-do was amazing though! I'm disappointed in myself for not standing in line so I could have Kai step on me or something and take a cheki. Next time!

I am worried about the next event in that series since it will be at Shin-Kiba Studio Coast and have Maneki Kecha in the lineup as well as several super cheap tickets being sold which will definitely attract some trashy people. But at the same time, BiSH, Maison book girl, sora tob sakana, POP, Afilia, etc. are also in the lineup...

Valentine's Day even in Shibuya tomorrow at 3 different venues! http://www.idolidge.com/schedule.cgi/view/84
I'm probably not going to go though.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »
Interesting you still go to such lives. I would think twice visiting a festival that is infamous for its free attitude to "expressive" fan behaviour.
Regarding Bellring: You either hate or love them, I guess. With me it helped liking their 60's influences and that it was the first group which made me experience how great a tokutenkai could be.
Your Zekkyou comment will bring joy to one user here ;) Me on the other hand can't get them.

I like a lot of the recent Idol Koushien line-ups nowadays. Some nice rately seen additions like Doll Elements.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »
From yesterday

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chow Yun Fat - Shanghai Grand