JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Souda! We`re alive

Author Topic: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 47: Our Final Promise][COMPLETE]  (Read 130920 times)

Offline Brat-san

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ̣̣̣̣̣
Re: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 46: Reconciliation]
« Reply #920 on: April 30, 2007, 07:19:54 PM »
MAKI! I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU!  :farofflook:

I love Miki in this entire fic, she remains badass.  Too awesome for words.  Maki and Reina, finally together!

I can't wait until Risa is able to have hot make out sessions with Ai.  :wahaha:

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #921 on: April 30, 2007, 08:31:59 PM »
Gotou earns a heart just for being Gotou  :heart:
Miki earns a heart...well cuz shes THE Fujimoto Miki.  :heart: and a second one for good luck

Ho shit. Miki crying....MADE ME CRY. crap. Crap. I hate you. MIKI AND MAKI! *weeps* It's just so nice to see her helping someone out, no matter how stubborn she is. She's such a caring person deep down, and so strong willed up front. That's a nice combination if you think about it though. I can't ever see her as just a cold and demon groping (hot) girl all the time. Deep down, there's a softie in her that everyone wants  <3~
But yeah, Miki beating some sense into Gotou was really dramatic (and quite entertaining if I may add). I just really like them together as friends. I wonder how long it will take me to start thinking of them as lovers.......... AH! Looks like it didn't take that long! XD

*drools* mmmmmmm Maki Peircings
Yay for Gotou's speed and past Gatas experiance to out run Reina (...then again, who can't out run her? o.o)
OH. MY. GAWD. O_______O ..... That was so sweet! I dont know if my reaction is a sobbing one or a giggly one! It's too wierd, I think I'm tearing up and laughing at the same time XD. The holding hands thing was so cute. Too cute.

Erika and Yui *gyu* Mmmmmmmm. I've really started to like that pairing.

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #922 on: May 01, 2007, 03:00:56 AM »
Miki caught herself nearly dosing off in spite of patience as she sat in the small waiting room of the clinic. Wiping her mouth to make sure there was not any drool, she took a quick glance to see if anything had changed in her absence of focus.
Yeah, I admit it. I find snoozing/drooling Miki hot.  >:D

"Ah… The megane girl found it amusing that the badass Fujimoto looks like a helpless and defenseless uke when she doses off.”

“What the hell?! I do not! And what’s with the third person speech?! You’re too old to call yourself a girl!” Miki spat back
Acutally, yeah. What IS up with the 3rd-person speak?

“Yeah, those were Reina’s relatives. They are seeing her right now.”

“earlier, before you and Takahashi-chan came, Mikitty tried playing with the kids, but one of them exclaimed ‘I don’t want to play with Mrs. Scaryface!’ and ran away crying.”
But Miki-sama's an angel.

Just before the kids exited, their mother, Reina’s aunt, stopped them, pointing to the waiting room, “Say goodbye to the pretty ladies that work with Reina!”

All the kids lined up and bowed to the H!P members, earning remarks of their cuteness by the others. After the bow, the smallest kid, looking no more than 4 years old, waved at Miki, to which the older found herself forcing a smile and waving back.
Awwwwwwwwwwww... :nya:

“Goodbye Mrs. Scaryface!” the little child waved energetically before exiting with her siblings and mother out the door.

You’re going to be smacked, kid… Miki twitched the corner of her mouth when she realized what the kid had said to her as a farewell. The other members also realized the meaning of Miki’s sudden twitch and giggled profusely at the woman whose lucky day is apparently not this one.

She didn’t recall seeing Maki at all in the waiting room, and surprisingly, Miki was the first to arrive to check up on Reina, therefore, Maki had never visited…
Eh? She hasn't?  :dunno:

“Ugh… She’s such an idiot…” Miki leaned against the door, “She panics and lets Reina cry… But despite that, she’s more capable than anyone… More than me. Yet she’s so stupidly oblivious…” Miki nearly gritted her teeth on the last sentence.
She's also probably confused, and more importantly, scared at the thought of losing Reina, especially now that she's admitted her feelings for her.

“…What are you doing in my room?” Miki asked again. Then she realized how it was possible for the Melon Kinenbi member to get in, “Damn, did I forget to lock my door?”

“Ah… To be able to get in so easily…”
Good job Miki-sama. :P

She grabbed Maki by the collar and punched her hard in the face despite the fact that who she punched was a well-known idol. Before Maki could recover from the hit, the older lifted her up in the air and punched her yet again, causing her to stagger and hit the wall behind her.
Time for some tough love. :(

“I want to be you!” Maki shouted at the older again.

“That was supposed to be me!” Miki grabbed onto the collar of Maki’s shirt again, bending over since Maki was still on the ground, “I was the one who wanted to be you!”
:o Now THAT was unexpected. Looks like we have a case of mutual envy, each wanting to be the other for similar, and yet different reasons.

They may be small trivial things that even I wouldn’t find myself getting all giggly over, but to her, you were her damn hero! You didn’t have to have super powers for her to fall in love with you!
Maki still can't fathom that someone can love her just for being herself, or it might still be that she doesn't think she's worthy of something so precious.

Miki was crying.

Or rather, trying to sob silently.

“Why the hell are you still on your ass? This is me, the one you wanted to be, telling you as much… Stupid 7th head…”
Count on Miki to tell it like it is.  :)

“Damn it…” Miki punched the wall, “I didn’t think I would actually cry at this…” She supported herself against the wall with that arm, and with her other hand, wiped away the tears that came. Feeling normal now, Miki used Maki’s sink to make sure that her red eyes would go unnoticed by anyone else.
Miki's still badass, and we still wub her for it.

“Ah… So what happened to Maki anyway?” Megumi asked.

“Probably at the hospital…”

“But visiting times are over…” Yossie raised a brow.

“Yeah? What of it?” Miki mumbled as she rested her arms on the table and laid her head on it.

“You knew this, but didn’t tell Maki?” Megumi mused.

There was a silence.

“Normally, people know that sort of thing…” the demonic voice returned, “ Stupid… She really is stupid…” the aura flared out yet again, making the other two feel like they were swept away by the cold evil wind that blew from the demon.

And thus…

“She got me…” She nearly did all of the above when she saw the ‘visiting times are over’ sign.
Miki had to get one more "burn" in. :wahaha:

“I think you put a lid on your feelings for too long. I think Yui deserves to hear those three words from you. I know she’ll accept it,” Rika patted Erika’s shoulder and left.

“…Am I really that obvious to read?”
*to Erika* - Only to those that know you.

“If it bothers you that much…” Yui edged closer, causing the older to blush further, “If I were to kiss you right now, would you forgive me?”

“Yes.”

Yui smiled and brought the older closer, “then you should forgive me,” and with that, their lips met.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...I mean, WOOT!!! Go Erika/Yui!!!

“The first thing she’ll do when she sees you is run away.”

“What the hell?” Maki turned to look at Miki.

“No seriously, she will, knowing her,” Miki waved her hand lazily from the sofa.

When she arrived at the clinic, she thought fate was messing with her head again, because Reina just happened to choose that time to leave as well.

The two locked gazes for a brief time.

It was very brief.

Extremely brief.

Because what Miki said was true, and Reina immediately bolted in a different direction away from the older.

“Miki… I hate it when you’re right…”
Wha? Reina must be resigned to think that Maki doesn't want to be with her. :(  But SHE DOES REINA!!! SHE DOES!!!

RUN AFTER HER MAKI! RUN LIKE DA WIND!!!

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for making you cry, I’ve hurt you a lot. But… This is the last time. This will be the last time. I won’t need a second chance. Just give me one more chance…”

Reina looked at Maki’s face, seeing the desperation with every syllable she uttered.

“Just give me another chance with you. I want us to be together… I hate not being with you, Reina, I love you…”
It's about fuckin' time she said this.

“Is it okay for me to kiss you?” Maki nearly hesitated in asking, “Although I’ll quickly lose my human body… Being together… Means this strange body will be the cause of suffering at times…”
Only if they kiss on the lips. Doesn't mean she can't kiss her "other places".
<_<
>_>

They both opened their eyes at the lack of the moment that was supposed to come.

Maki pulled away, her fingers touching her lips, still in awe of what had not happened.

Maki realized what had just happened.

Reina too, realized it.
   IT'S BROKEN?!?!? IT'S BROKEN!!!

Rika leaned on the balcony rails of her room, looking at the sky in a reminiscent gaze.

She knew it was coming.

She knew this was the final coming.

She let out a sigh.

And then a few tears escaped when she felt it no longer exist anymore.

Goodbye.
Hopefully Rika knows that Reina's okay. Maybe if she does, she can be okay with the curse being broken now. Still can't help but wonder though, what exactly did it? 

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline YoukaiChica

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #923 on: May 01, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »
Yay! I was checking every few hours just for this chapter!! And then, when it came, I did a happy dance. But that's besides the point.

First off, Miki kicking Maki's ass was just amazing. Good job Miki. It was about time someone knocked some sense into her. But THEN, you totally shocked me with Miki's emotional outburst. It was so sad but necessary. Miki's character in this is indeed an amazing one. From badass to mediator to tortured soul, its all brilliant.

Next, Yay Yui and Erika!! And yay for Rika for letting it happen. Its a good thing that Yui is okay. Its about time they got together. Now Yui has someone who cares about her.

And now to yell at you because you made me think it ended after them!! Jeez!! I was waiting for a Reina/Maki confrontation and it wasn't there!! But then, I read the part where it said it was continued and I felt like a dork.

And finally, Maki and Reina are FINALLY together. And it was so cute how they realized the curse was broken. Now Reina doesn't have to worry about Maki being pulled away from her because of the curse. *Phew* I'm excited to see how this ends yet I'm oh so sad that the end is coming. Ah! Mixed emotions! MIXED EMOTIONS!!!

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #924 on: May 02, 2007, 03:23:15 PM »
Seriously... loong ass chapter there...

woo~ Mikitty.. No matter how tough she is, she always gets teased by Yossi and megane girl huh?  Somehow Yossi and Megumi always gives out the same aura in this fic. But at some point while reading (basically the part where Miki was giving Maki a hell of a beating), it gave me the feeling that Miki loves or likes Reina too. Rika has finally become more understanding I see... good goood~ but she'll always have Yossi!... I hope

Erika x Yui!!!!! yay~ their finally together!

And the best part.... Maki x Reina! Haha playing catching from the hospital to the park.. cute -Run girls RUN!- And I think that was just the besttt way to find out that Maki's curse was broken, a kiss on the lips. 

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #925 on: May 04, 2007, 11:03:34 PM »
Long chapter is loooooooooooong. But oh WOW is it awesome. I admit, I did tear up a little haha XD

I love your Miki so much. Moreso than the real Miki. Hell, all of your characters are awesome <33333

And woohoo, Yui/Erika yay! I thought that scene was really cute XD I love that couple <3. Also, YAY FOR MAKI/REINA! :D :D :D Maki is free! Be free Maki!

And do I sense some foreshadowing with Rika? :o
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline haidokun

• Member+
« Reply #926 on: May 05, 2007, 05:46:54 AM »
yay! long and wonderful chapter.  :hee:

ahhh finally yui and erika. i've been waiting for that moment!  :luvluv2:

poor rika! what will happen to her now maki's curse has been lifted?!  :scared:

hehehe go miki! i like that, beating maki to make her realize about reina.  :farofflook:

and they kiss!!!!!! ahh finally!  :nya:

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #927 on: May 06, 2007, 11:15:21 PM »
Essy-chan: I really like your analysis of Miki <3 Really got her down <3~! But I don’t think this chapter meets your expectations. Sorry xD –eats the cookies <3-

Blizzard: Oh, you’ll see whose curse is broken next xD! This is the final time you’ll wait for a chapter of this story after all xD

Sakura: You got the numbers right. xD

00HB: Aww! Thanks xD Like I said before, this will be the  final wait :]

Brat-san: GO MAKI! xD Oh yeah ;D

Slave: Mm, rough on the outside, soft on the inside xD Maki and Reina are so cute <3

JFC: We’ll see what exactly did it here :]

YoukaiChica: Everyone loves Miki in this chapter <3333 I know, took them forever to get together, right? Haha xD

Stefy: Again? Haha, sorry, but Miki doesn’t have feelings for Reina whatsoever, she’s just pissed that Maki’s acting all emo xD

Shoko: <3~!

Haidokun: Mm. :]

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #928 on: May 06, 2007, 11:15:41 PM »
<3

Chapter 47: Our Final Promise

Goodbye.

Rika sat on the chair, watching the busy life amidst her. Almost emotionless, but not lifeless, she looked up at the skies whose clouds waltz in an endless dance. The feeling she had before was the last feeling, she knew it, for it was much powerful than the times Yui and Yuko had their curses lifted.

These were the final tears she would experience.

“Is it okay…?” she uttered under her breath, allowing a few tears to escape as an obligatory accomplice to the parts of her pulling away one by one.

“A world without eternity…” Rika wiped her tears away.

“Maybe I was a child after all… A child too obsessive… A small girl unwilling to part from her fairytale threshold… I need to gather the final meeting…”

Letting out a sigh, she stood up again, retreating into her room.

Goodbye, all of you.

“Maki…” Reina looked up at Maki, her eyes watering, not of sadness, not of joy, but of realization.

The younger’s words did not seem to reach the other. Maki backed away from their embrace and turned around.

It was too sudden. One second, there were the chains around her mind, but now, the restrictions simply vanished. Maki looked at her hands, studying her prints to see if there were any external changes made. No, nothing has changed. Nothing but the spirit that has left her body.

Maki turned back to look at Reina, whose eyes released those tears of realization which gradually turned into relief.

Maki didn’t realize she too, was relieved, and for some reason, sad at the sudden release of the cursed binding.

She cried as well.

Leaving is sad… So sad…

Megumi was sitting on the window sill, with her book lying on her lap. She simply displayed no interest for it anymore. She stopped reading to register the existence of presence that had been with her for so long. The existence that was no longer with her.

Closer inspection upon the book revealed darkened spots where her tears fell.

“…Masae?”

No answer from within the room.

“Masae?” the older called out again.

“Yes?”

Megumi closed her eyes, leaning her head against the wall behind her, feeling relaxed by that voice. Yet, this was a rather new feeling to her, a feeling normally restricted by the missing existence. It was an odd feeling. It was confusing to her.

Had the spirit within her relinquish all these feelings from her?

It was like a maelstrom of thoughts deep inside of her.

But now, something was clear.

One feeling was in the center of it all.

It was a feeling that was once repressed, but now free to articulate.

Megumi placed the book beside her and then reached out her hand to the younger woman, inviting her to take it.

Masae blinked, confused at the other’s intention, but took the hand anyway.

Immediately, before thoughts can process, the older tugged the younger into a hug, wrapping her arms tightly around the other’s neck.

“Megumi?”

“I was born because I wanted to love you,” the glasses-wearing woman whispered in the other’s ear, “And now, I can finally say it…”

“Megumi…” Masae smiled, closer to having teary eyes at the confession. “I’m happy…”

“Don’t cry,” Megumi loosened her grip slightly to pull back and then move forward again to kiss the tears away.

Things like “partings are the beginnings of meetings…”

It was gone. All that it left was distant memories regained.

Kaori allowed the tears to fall down her face as she brushed the final strokes of the now finished painting.

She stood up and backwards to look at the painting, her head tilted at an angle due to the state of her hard tears.

The hopes of her mind.

The freedom of her mind.

The love she had realized she had and had infused into each stroke of her brush as she stared at the painting.

She used her index finger and thumb to cover her eyes, trying to stop those tears.

And thus, the painting of Abe Natsumi was done.

Right now… I don’t want to hear those words…

She was walking down the street when she felt it.

That sudden departure from her heart.

She looked up at the sky, wondering if the love of her life was looking at the same sky.

“So this is what it feels like…” Were the only words she could gather. She placed her right hand over her heart, wondering if such an action could heal the wounds of the left-behind weight of the burden.

Everything else was simply noise.

Noises of slight sniffling.

Noises of tear drops on the ground.

“So that is how the curse was broken…” the Morning Musume leader closed her eyes, savoring the memories that passed her by just before the spirit left her.

Cry with me.

Risa paused in her conversation with the older, realizing that the spirit within her, suppressing her, had disappeared without her knowledge.

Ai became confused at the sudden pause.

She then saw the younger cry.

“…So sudden,” the younger said amidst tears. Risa turned around and then laid her head on Ai’s lap, relaxing on the bed beneath them.

“You…?”

“My curse is gone…” Risa tried to say, tears blocking most of what she had wanted to say. She reached her hand out, caressing the older’s face, and Ai was registering the words she had just spoken.

“Your journey is over too…” Ai allowed her tears of relief to drop and then laid down as well, hugging her beloved.

“We have both walked a long way… Let us rest.”

Let us cry together.

Hmm… Why do I have this odd feeling…? Miki thought as she was sitting on sofa, waiting for someone to appear.

Could it be that I’m just nervous? No, can’t be, Aya and I have done things more intimate than a silly café date…

“Tan~!” came a slightly exhausted voice. Miki looked up to find Aya out of breath, standing in front of her. “Sorry for being late,” Aya regulated her breathing normally now, “have you waited long?”

“It’s alright,” Miki stood up, “you didn’t run did you?” the older mused.

“No I didn’t, I think I was a little too excited coming here,” Aya laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of her head.

“Sorry for asking you to come so suddenly,” Miki chuckled, “You know me, whenever we both miraculously have a day off, I would call you and we wou—”

“And you are the last.”

Miki felt something tear away from her, halting what she was going to say before.

“Thank you very much,” the snake with the kanji for five on its head bowed.

“Tan?” Aya questioned, confused at the tears which came forth from Miki’s eyes as she turned her head into a different direction, clasping her hand to her mouth to prevent any noise from exiting. “Is something wrong?”

“Thank you for keeping that old, old promise… Thank you,” the snake turned around, seeing another figure behind it amidst the complete darkness. Then the silver snake slithered up the figure’s hand and arm, which was crouching, and then stood up.

Miki didn’t see what the figure looked like. She only saw the back of the figure’s body, clad in traditional black and blue attire, and the figure’s long silver hair reaching it’s mid-back. Also on the figure’s back was a long katana, sheathed in black iron, that legendary sword which was found in the Orochi’s tail in that age-long myth. The figure was clearly the god from that legend. He turned his head slightly, showing a youthful face with the long beautiful silver beard to compliment it. His dark blue eyes stared into the tearful eyes of Miki, smiling.

With that smile, Susanoo and the snakes clinging to him walked away into the dark abyss, vanishing into shadows beyond the world.

Gone.

Cry like the day we were first born into the world.

“Is he okay?” the old woman looked down at the man at her feet.

“Mother, I think he’s just knocked out…” a young woman kneeled at the man’s side, shaking him with intent of waking him.

“Such a young fine man too! But he seems like a demon with that unnatural hair of his!” the old man studied with his elder eyes. “Kushinada, I say we should leave him be. We should not involve ourselves with a demon such as he.”

“The least we could do is nurse him back to health and then we can let him go, do you prefer that plan?” Kushinada looked up at her elder father with a pleading look. The old man sighed and let out an affirmative noise.

There was a slight cough coming from the unconscious man. Kushinada and her mother immediately averted their attention to the waking man.

“Where…?” he uttered almost inaudibly, still weak.

“You are in the Izumo province, sir,” Kushinada reassured, smiling at the man.

“Ah yes…” the man stood up, patting himself to remove any dust from his traditional outfit and light armor. “I remember now…”

“But were you not injured?” Kushinada stood up, her hands latched onto his shoulder armor.

“Would you believe me if I said I fell from the sky after having quite the large fight with my sister?”

“Now who are you and your sister to say such a supernatural thing?” the old man waved his hand dismissively, already in disbelief from the story.

“My sister is Amaretesu.”

The elder couple and Kushinada gaped with shock.

“Then… You…” the elder couple and Kushinada stammered, but the man finished for them.

“Why yes, I am Susanoo, the so called ‘lowly brother of the storm and winds’ of the sun goddess,” Susanoo let out a sigh, scratching the back of his head. “I was exiled from heaven after losing to my sister, so I guess I have nothing more to do than to just wander here…”

“No! Stay here and help us with something!” Kushinada’s eyes became tinted with an inexplicable determination.

“Ah yes! Can you help us out of the goodness of your heart?” the old man sported a pleading look, along with his wife.

“I am listening,” Susanoo paid full attention to them.

“There are these terrible beasts roaming near us! There are eight fierce serpants that always come by to collect a daughter from us for their meal, and now that seven of our daughters are gone, only Kushinada is left! Please, we love our daughter dearly! We don’t want her to be stolen from us! She’s the only one we have left!”

“I can’t do it…” Susanoo frowned, “This may be a beast, but it is still a live being that only kills others to live. It is no different than killing a human who simply kills other living things to live.”

“Sir, I beg you to differ!” Kushinada cried out, “I only want to live too! You are the only one with the strength to slaughter these beasts! I will give you my heart, soul, and flesh if you do this for me! Please, Susanoo-sama, I only wish to live and continue my generations!”

Susanoo’s viewpoint slowly deteriorated after being touched by Kushinada’s words. “So be it. I will reach a point with these deities,” Susanoo let out another sigh, “where do these serpants live?”

“They live on cave of that mountain,” the old man pointed to the aforementioned far mountain, “thank you so much! We are thankful to have a good god like you granting our favor! Sorry for our lowly burden!” the couple bowed to the God, to which he simply used the winds to straighten their backs gently.

“There is no need to bow, I am happy to know that I am needed here,” Susanoo smiled serenely. “My dear woman, I shall come back for you after I am done,” and with that, the wind god levitated in the air and flew straight for the mountain.

As he flew, he used his magic to create eight caskets of the finest rice wine for his ‘welcome’ at the deities’ home. Soon, he arrived at the lair, the eight caskets floating behind him as he walked into the cave nonchalantly, ignoring the small lesser snakes hissing at him.

“Eight serpants of naught, answer my summon!” Susanoo called out into the lair, listening to his echo after the call. The lair rumbled slightly, and he saw eight pairs of eyes glowing in the darkness, staring contemptuously at him. The eyes grew larger, signifying their movement closer to him.

Eight large silver snakes came to his view, each with a number tattooed onto their heads.

“What is it you desire, outsider?” the first head hissed.

“An outsider’s presence is not wanted here,” the fifth head said, with the fiercest glare of the other seven.

More hisses of Susanoo’s unwelcome came before Susanoo levitated the caskets to the heads.

“I only wish to speak with you all,” the man sat Indian-style in mid-air. “Please drink, it will satisfy you all.”

And so, the Orochi drank the wine while Susanoo listened to the stories they had to offer for him at his request. They were interesting stories. They were fascinating stories. They were unique stories. They were sad stories. They were happy stories.

How could such a beast deserve to die?

The wind god suddenly remembered his original intention of coming to the place, and he grew sad. Eventually, everyone would die. The banquet would end. No matter how fun it was. No matter how much you love your friends, eventually, they would all have to die.

Susanoo did not have the heart to vanquish them of their existence.

He told the Orochi of what he was sent here to do, and they quickly got angry, though not at the god, but at the selfish humans who want their death.

Then the god came up with a plan.

He drew a circle into a newly created wine casket, requesting that the Orochi drink it. Susanoo then said, “Let our friendship last for eternity. Let us be bound by our friendship for times of infinity. No matter how many times we die, no matter how many times we are reborn. Again, in the same way, no matter how many times, let us have another banquet. Everyone getting along for all of time, let us be in eternal bliss.”

The others nodded in agreement, so one by one, they took turns to drink the wine; however, there was one snake who didn’t drink the wine at all.

“I’m sorry sir, but I do not want eternity,” the first head said, looking at the floor in sadness.

Those were unthinkable words to say. To Susanoo… and the other seven serpants… They were rejecting words.

Everyone was sad to hear them. They all turned against the first head.

Even so…

“Sir, sir, even though you are frightened, let us accept that all things end. Even though it is sad. Let us accept that life ends. Sir, even though it was just a short time, I am happy that you came to us, accepting us. If I were to die, I would be reborn, and meet you again. The next time, rather than this dreadful setting, I want to see you smile in the sunlight. The next time I meet you, I want to see you laughing, surrounded with people.”

But the others hated those words. Feeling betrayed by the first head, all of the orochi attacked the first head, wounding it severely.

“I’m sorry,” Susanoo said, walking to the first heavily breathing first head, then he tilted the serpant’s head upwards, and poured the remaining drops of the special wine into it.

“I guess it can’t be helped, can it…?” the first head said after swallowing the drops. “Kill us then, when we are reborn, we will come back to you always. My only request is to make a sword out of our scales, so that we may protect you always.”

Susanoo nodded his head, sad to see his friend go.

The others agreed to their friend’s last request, allowing their deaths only because they will be reborn anyway to see Susanoo and have another banquet again.

Soon, the first head died, and one by one, Susanoo bid his farewells to the others, while the others bid farewells to eachother.

“Until we all meet again!” the snakes cried out, and then Susanoo killed them painlessly, knowing that they will be reborn to meet him again. Gathering their bodies, Susanoo used his magic to combine and condense the bodies into the form of a powerful blade.

“My friends, what shall we name this relic?” Susanoo called out with his mind, searching for their souls waiting to be reborn. “Shall it be called the Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi then?” (Heaven’s Cloud-Gathering Sword) “Hmm… Such a long title… I shall call it the Kusanagi then.”

And with that, Susanoo sheathed the sword, and flew out of the cave.

The first memory forgotten…

“Tan?”

“Sorry…” Miki wiped her tears away, “Sorry, all of a sudden… It’s just… I just separated from someone I have always been with. Though we were always together, it was always so painful together.. Such a burden… But now that we have parted, this is my reaction… I’m being so unfair…”

Aya’s eyes widened, understanding the context now. “Can you not see it ever again?”

“Yes, we will never meet again, I know it… But…” Miki looked up at Aya, “in exchange, it has given me my freedom,” Miki moved in to hug the younger tightly.

“Tan…” Aya smiled, hugging the other in return.

“Aya, can you call me by my first name again…?”

Aya smiled at the request, remembering the last time her dear Miki had last asked her that those many weeks ago.

“I love you, Miki…”

Miki pried herself from the hug slightly and kissed the younger right after she had heard what she had wanted to hear.

Pulling herself away, Miki smiled, “Say it as many times as you want.”

The First Promise…

Since when did it become a curse?

Since when did it become a burden?

When everyone was happy and struggled to part…

Love should have been there.

Time has gone by, people have changed.

And it became something that has made people suffer.

I’m sorry.

I’m very sorry.

But…

There is something I want to say to everyone for trying to keep the promise.

Although it is not the promise that was originally made…

To all those who kept it…

What I most, most want to say to everyone is thank you.

Thank you for letting this story reach it’s end.

The story of when the first head’s words finally came true was far into the future.

But that future is now the past.

And this burden is now gone.

Thank you for keeping that promise.

Goodbye.

<3
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:19:19 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #929 on: May 06, 2007, 11:19:46 PM »
-passes out juice- And so, the epic FINALLY ends.

Yaaaay :B

Milestone for Yuu-chan! She has finished her first story! WOO!

Now I need to make a present for you readers who have been loyal to the end!

Remember the poll? Remember the Door to Light and Dark?

This has nothing to do with the Our Cursed Gift despite the fact that this is called Our Cursed Gift II. THIS IS NOT A DIRECT SEQUEL xD Think of OCG like Final Fantasy.
SECRET TRAILER:
Our Cursed Gift II

Memories of the Past…

She witnessed death smile like a scheming human as the victim collapsed under the burden of several scars caused by a supernatural force radiating from her very own blood-stained hands.

Memories of the Future…

She glanced at the unfamiliar cityscape below her, watching people fall one by one through a sweeping shadow which was reminiscent of a tattoo depicting flowers surrounded by butterflies.

Memories of What Never Was…

“Are you okay?” the woman asked the frightened girl who was whimpering incoherent sayings while rocking back and forth on the ground. Baffled at her behavior, Rika tried again to communicate, unfortunately, the girl was unable to acknowledge her presence.

“Leave me alone!” the girl screamed as she crawled towards a three-way intersection with the older trailing after. The small girl, which Rika found was actually a younger version of herself, sat against the wall, staring into the dark corridor before her. Bemused at the sudden change of attitude, Rika stepped in front of the girl, staring in the same direction. There was a silhouette of another woman, her golden eyes shining and contrasting against the dark in which she stood.

Rika felt her heart stop at the eye contact. The woman slowly walked towards the struggling older, slowly stepping into a view of light. The woman was wearing a traditional kimono, however, the upper part of the kimono was open, and the arms were not in the sleeves. That, and the obi was tied at the waist instead of below the breasts like a traditional woman would wear it. In fact, the woman was not wearing anything on her chest. What caught Rika’s eye was that the woman’s chest, arms, neck, and the sides of the face had tattoos. Those tattoos depicted flowers surrounded by butterflies, much like the death omen which took lives of people in her other dreams.

Rika could not bare the pain anymore. She ran. She ran as fast as her body allowed it to. She looked over her shoulder to find that the tattooed woman chased after her and quickly closing in on her. Rika could see the light coming from the exit, the exit from the dream world and into reality she thought. Just before she reached the exit, she saw the woman barely touched her, a very cold and numbing touch, on the right shoulder blade.

She allowed herself to be consumed by the light—and wake up.

Whose memories do they belong to?

Rika woke up with cold sweat making her silk night gown cling to her body. Her breaths of exhaustion were accompanied by the pestering rain outside of her window. She realized that she was in her room, not some haunted house, and gave a sigh of relief.

However, she felt a sharp pain come from the back of her right shoulder. She immediately ran in front of the dressing mirror of her room and tilted her body so that she was able to see most of her back. Where she had the shoulder pain, she saw bruising which somehow manipulated her blood flow into a black color starting from where the tattooed woman touched her. The black blood flow had only manipulated certain blood streams… And those black bloodstreams happen to resemble a certain object…

They resembled a lotus surrounded by butterflies.

Are they real or not?

VIII. The hatred that transcends time.
VII. The legends of angels.
VI. The story of love aplenty.
V. A love eternal.
IV. This cursed tattoo.
III. This gifted power.
II. This cursed gift
I. “Everything is returning to me… My lost memories… The Truth…”

I hope people try and figure out what this next story will be of :] The only hints I laid out so far are it's verse from the poem and this trailer :]

Until next time.

Yuuyami Deshita!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:31:08 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
Re: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 47: Our Final Promise][COMPLETE]
« Reply #930 on: May 07, 2007, 01:05:51 AM »
DIBS ON FIRST REPLY! (thought this might be blank forever xD) Of course it's a fight for the first comments! It's the last chapter. And i totally owend :E

Ahh~ *tear* It's done. It's really finsihed. The first real crack I had, and it's finished. though, i dont feel sad at all. I feel completed, haha. It;s was a nice ending, and it definitely explained a lot. I'm definitely not mad at Yossui's character anymore-- sigh, what a sad way to begin the curse that she didn't even want. I just really liked the ending, how you explained everything, how everything began.

It was nice to see everyone's first reaction to their lifted curse. (LOL, why do I find it funny, yet not surprising when Miki was the only one that hadn’t realized what just happened?). I wonder, or maybe I'm just being stupid again...but what was that promise (was it to stay loyal...)?
I liked Iida and Yossui's ending the best. I dont know why, but even if YOsui's was said because she didn't really have anyone to "be with", I still liked it.

Congrats Yuu~ You're finished and your talent really showed throughout the story. I wish you luck on the next one.... especially since it seems so....mysterious! I love mysteries! Rika, mmmmm, long hair,mmmX5. Man, if that was Miki watching the freaky lady's upper body nude, I can only imagine her different reactions.

-OwaranaisLaVe
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 04:35:36 AM by Owaranai_sLaVe »
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #931 on: May 07, 2007, 03:17:58 AM »
Of course there's a dib war at the end.  It's the last time for it afterall!

Congradulations Yuu-chan!  You've finally finished the epic!  I'm not even dissappointed that it's finished because it was a great ending, and I know you're continuing to write. 

When I started reading the part of the chapter with the backstory of the curse, I was at first wondering why you were reiterating it.  Then came the figurative pot of gold!   You were able to take an old legend and make it yours while still staying true to it.  Very ingenious and very creative!  I've said it many a time; I wish I had even a fraction of your talent! 

I am truly looking forward to the next story!  I'll definately make time to keep up with it over summer!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:28:12 AM by Blizzard »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #932 on: May 07, 2007, 04:04:29 AM »
Dibs war? After it ends? Teehee.

Anyway, it wasn't such a bad final chapter. Everyone quite literally left Rika in the end. Though I do wonder what really happened with Yossi. Hmm. I mean, are her feelings really a reflection of the 1st head from the Orochi legend or is it an outgrowth of her own will? Or both? And btw, interesting twist on the Orochi legend. I like your interpretation, it fits in quite smoothly with the mythos of your story. XD

Liking each of the realisation of the heads when they figure out they are no longer bound by the curse. It seems really sad for some of them though, especially those who are alone. At least those with someone else next to them can find a real new beginning instead of suffering the isolation that comes as a direct result. Hmm.

Glad that your story is finally finished. XD I know it must have been a difficult journey to get here. XD Congratulations! ^_^

As for that trailer, omg, can you say KH-influenced please? :P That absolutely looks like the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2. :P At least it does stylistically. :P Interesting though. I look forward to it when you write it. XD Now take a short break, but get to writing it immediately afterwards! :P

Anyway, congratulations again on the completion of your first story! XD

-opens champagne and hands a glass to you-

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kitaoji

• Member+
« Reply #933 on: May 07, 2007, 04:48:54 AM »
okay, May 6th is officially the day to break out of my 5-month lurking and to comment!  (and to procrastinate! yay!)

I enjoyed this story a lot, after covering the first thirty-or-so chapters in one sitting >_< 

The fact that this story encompassed so many H!P characters, and included them quite well is quite a formidable challenge.  The story itself is about the Orochi legend, and you've kept within that, which is a good thing - the characters were likeable, and developed, and I especially enjoyed the Ai/Gaki relationship that, IMO, was the best and the most dramatic section of the story.

There seems like there were are some threads left untied.  I came in thinking that this story was going to be about Reina (for the the first 10 chapters or so), and then she vanished.  Reina & Maki's last scene was beautiful, but somewhat abrupt.  The Ayumi/Rika/Yossi triangle doesn't seem like it's resolved, and I hope you discuss it in the sequel.  (There's so much backstory to work on! :P ) GAM, is, IMO, beautifully presented, but I wonder why you chose them to end the story.

I'm going to share a quote from my professor, though: a good dissertation (substitute paper, story, etc.) is a done dissertation, and I'm grateful that you stuck to this all the way to the end.

Congratulations.

P.S.  Not that this really has anything to do with the fic, but Ai-chan doesn't like reading romance novels.  (romance manga are fine though.)  She's mentioned twice on Young Town radio that she's more of the dark fantasy type, and in particular vampires and werewolves. O__O

And oh yeah, I want to see the next chapter of 'The Mysterious Play', too. ^__^

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #934 on: May 07, 2007, 05:58:20 AM »
let us accept that all things end
Those words spoken by the original First head speak the truth. While the "spell" that Susanoo cooked up was, at first, meant to be benevolent, over time it just grew and changed and became "the curse". In the end, there was no "way" to force the end of the curse. All that could be done was to allow it to end on it's own. It could be that the initial reluctance of the original First head may have had something to do with this. If he/she had been as eager to partake in the original spell, the original spell would/could have been stronger, to the point where it could not have been broken. As it is, it just took a long time for it to finally weaken to a point where it could be ended.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sakura Momusu

• TakaGaki minion, rank E.R.I.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Penguins are our friends, turtles are fine too. ^^
« Reply #935 on: May 07, 2007, 09:57:41 AM »
...nice ending. That "true account" of the Susanoo-Orochi legend was pure genius. ^^

The trailer though...why does it sound so much like Fatal Frame 3?  :scared:

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #936 on: May 08, 2007, 08:16:56 AM »
OH NOOOO IT'S OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TT____TT

But damn, excellent chapter. I teared up a little <3. I love you, Yuuyami. This is the first fanfic I've ever properly read, and I will bereading OCGII <33333.

Congratuations on completing it though!
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #937 on: May 08, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »
Wow, it's finished. It was a hell of ride.
I liked the ending, so touching and sad and hopeful at the same time (though I was a bit sad, no mention of Yuko, she's just out of the picture after her curse lifted)

As for the Trailer: wooohoooooooo that def. sounds like Fatal Frame 3!!!!  :heart: :heart: :heart:
Oh and it reminds me I still gotta finish the game someday, but it's gotten so boring... maybe your story will coax me back to playing  ;D

Offline ~Psychotic~o_o~

« Reply #938 on: May 11, 2007, 02:00:35 AM »
ahhhh :luvluv2:*melts into a puddle*..that was one of the most twisted/awsomest/brain-straining trying to figure out ending fic i've ever read!! ...aww it's over...oo and srry for not commenting on ur fic lately :kneelbow:

Offline YoukaiChica

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #939 on: May 11, 2007, 02:10:58 AM »
Ack. The end is here!!! now what will I do with my life?!?!? It was a fantastic story. Just grand. I remember first reading it and thinking "where is THIS going?" but what a wonderful place it was. Now I'll go back, when I'm bored and read it again and enjoy it even more. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us. It really was a pleasure reading it and seeing how the story/characters developed. I'm looking forward to any and all work you do in the future!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Souda! We`re alive