JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Hanataba (Live at NHK Hall 2016.07.22)

Author Topic: The General Movie Thread (news, reviews, random thoughts etc.)  (Read 227125 times)

Offline GhostHunter

• ecchi
Re: The General Movie Thread (news, reviews, random thoughts etc.)
« Reply #1620 on: July 09, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »
Have anyone seen "Now you see me" movie? I heard its quite good

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1621 on: August 23, 2013, 05:34:24 AM »
Ben Affleck is the new Batman
Trey Barrineau, USA TODAY 11:09 p.m. EDT August 22, 2013

Ben Affleck will replace Christian Bale as Batman in the highly anticipated Batman-Superman movie that's scheduled to be released on July 17, 2015.

Warner Bros. made the announcement on Thursday.

Affleck, 41, will star opposite Henry Cavill's Superman in the as-yet-untitled film, which was unveiled in July at Comic-Con. It's a sequel to this summer's Man of Steel, a re-imagining of the superhero's origin story that also starred Cavill and has pulled in more than $650 million worldwide since its June release, according to The Wrap.

MORE: Greatest movie superhero? Fans say it's Batman

MORE: Superman has reflected America for the past 75 years

Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will reprise their Man of Steel roles in the sequel, which is expected to begin production in 2014.

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman," director Zack Snyder said in a statement. "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retains the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."

Affleck, who recently starred in and directed 2012 best-picture winner Argo, has previous experience in those superhero tights -- he played Marvel Comics' Daredevil in the 2003 film of the same name and starred as troubled 1950s Superman actor George Reeves in 2006's Hollywoodland.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/08/22/ben-affleck-to-play-batman/2690301/

My reaction:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1622 on: August 24, 2013, 01:03:38 AM »

Sorry. Had to put that there.  :P

Honestly, I'll be taking the 'Wait & See' approach.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1623 on: August 25, 2013, 12:32:57 AM »
To me, Ben Affleck isn't and won't be the problem of the forthcoming movie. It'll be Zac Snyder. If anything, I hope Ben provides some directing tips.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1624 on: August 26, 2013, 03:22:32 AM »
I have quite a few movies just sitting in my Netflix queue, except all I've been watching on my account is Breaking Bad and Digimon  XD
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1625 on: August 26, 2013, 04:22:59 AM »
To me, Ben Affleck isn't and won't be the problem of the forthcoming movie. It'll be Zac Snyder. If anything, I hope Ben provides some directing tips.

Well there are rumors that he in talks to direct the Justice League movie.....

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1626 on: September 27, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »
The Family is a great flick to watch with De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer

So anyone planning to watch Wedding Palace?
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1627 on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:41 PM »

This movie is awesome too bad it is in limited areas

http://www.weddingpalacemovie.com/

You guys around the area, please go see it because it is hilarious, filled with kpop, and the main actress is cute.  Must get DVD too XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #1628 on: September 29, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »
Just caught "Chasing Amy" on Showtime tonight. Yeah first time seeing this.

A lot more melancholy than expected. And it all kinda made sense, these people. And of course some laugh-out-loud moments, which rarely happens when watching movies on teevee by myself.

And this: were people still smoking that much in the 1990s? I mean, *I* was smoking in those days, so yeah maybe twas ancient times.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1629 on: November 02, 2013, 05:51:16 AM »

Old school stop motion animation
Got a follow-up:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1630 on: December 15, 2013, 05:11:09 AM »
Saw American Psycho for the first time. Man what a oddly goofy movie. :lol: The whole late 80s early 90s aesthetic isn't something you see often outside of movies that came out then.

First teaser for Interstellar. Should be awesome.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #1631 on: March 13, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »
Saw American Psycho for the first time. Man what a oddly goofy movie. :lol: The whole late 80s early 90s aesthetic isn't something you see often outside of movies that came out then.

Easily one of my favourite films - or at least it's a film I go back to a lot. What can I say, I like me some lovable psychos. If you enjoy the film, I would really recommend the book. Not because the book necessarily is any "better" than the film adaptation (different media, different story - that's just the way it has to be), but the book contains a lot of extra bits that the film never touches. It's a whole different experience, and if anything, it just adds to the awesomeness of the film :D

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #1632 on: March 25, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »
I have been catching up on some of the films that were up for Oscars this year, I watched Dallas Buyers Club and The Wind Rises.

Dallas Buyers Club was one of those films I didn't think I'd bother with - I watched the Golden Globes, and realised it would be a strong contender for the Oscars, but Matthew McConaughey's (SERIOUSLY, THIS NAME, I NEED TO LOOK IT UP AT LEAST TWICE EVERY. SINGLE. TIME) speech was so off-putting that I thought "fuck it". And then True Detective happened, and things changed. Whoops.

I was prepared for a gritty realistic drama about trans people and HIV/AIDS, the film is so much more, though. It has a lot of great scenes, humour, amazing acting by everyone involved. It is also quite educational, I must admit I knew absolutely nothing about the buyers club phenomenon until I watched this. McConaughhey's Oscar win was well deserved (even though his Oscar speech was 100000x more deranged than his Golden Globes one) ...

Anyone else seen this film? Thoughts? I just read a review that wrote it off as libertarian and right wing ("but go watch it for the performances!") ... I really didn't see it like that, but people's individual interpretations are subjective, of course.

It is bizarre to think that this film has been 20 years in the making. The original article that sparked the idea for the film, can be found here: http://buyersclubdallas.com

With all the work McConaughhey did last year, I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see him again :lol: *looks him up on IMDB* THEY ARE MAKING A MAGIC MIKE 2? OH HELL NO. HAHAHHAHAHHAHA.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1633 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »
Thinking of a movie tomorrow!!! my choices seem to be Cap2 is out, NFS just to see Aaron Paul and laugh at how bad the movie is, or go back later on and watch a late showing of Enter The Dragon .. hmm hmm

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1634 on: March 26, 2014, 09:19:12 PM »
Didn't realize that there were 2 different Hercules movies coming out this year.

First there's the one starring Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267297/

Then there's this other one, starring Kellen Lutz.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1043726

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #1635 on: April 05, 2014, 01:20:08 AM »
So, I just watched Mean Girls for the first time, and wow - have I been missing out D: I know people have told me how awesome it is, why did I never believe them? So good!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #1636 on: May 29, 2014, 12:54:08 AM »
Summer means horror movie season for me~ I checked out two films today that I've been curious about for a while. The first one being The Purge. I loved the concept, but I thought the film could have been a bit ... tidier? I don't know how else to explain it. It had amazing concept and atmosphere, it is sort of the same sort of horror atmosphere as a zombie setting, except with the twist of everything being over in 12 hours. But I felt the film lost itself along the way. I'd still recommend it, though. Mostly for the original concept. I see on IMDB that it's getting a sequel, I'll definitely check it out.

The second film I saw was You're Next. I honestly thought this would be a really cheesy 80's style horror, but I was proven extremely wrong. It took me a little while to get into it, but then BAM. Wow. It's very graphic, and I definitely felt a little uncomfortable during some of the scenes, but wow. The pace, development, and twists in this makes it well worth it. Watch out for a really great soundtrack as well. And girls that kick some serious ass. Loved this one!

Anyone have any summer horror recs for me? :D

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1637 on: June 08, 2014, 08:42:20 AM »
Watched Edge Of Tomorrow, and it was really entertaining. :)
A crazy amount of laughs throughout the movie. The story and pacing is great too (the ending is a little weak, but overall a fun ride).
I'd totally recommend checking it out. :thumbup

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1638 on: June 14, 2014, 05:09:35 AM »
Well worth watching  :twothumbs

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1639 on: December 05, 2014, 02:41:10 AM »
My brain hurts by thinking how time travel works after watching this trailer. :banghead:

Just hope it makes up for Rise of the Machines and Salvation. *shivers*

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Hanataba (Live at NHK Hall 2016.07.22)