JPHiP Radio (34/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Watashi wa Arashi

Author Topic: The General Movie Thread (news, reviews, random thoughts etc.)  (Read 224915 times)

Offline kyo hamasaki

What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 06:15:40 AM »
the movie of Shinobi

I like the end...although a little sad

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 06:30:53 AM »
In the theater, Fearless.  Otherwise, the latest was "American Psycho".  Christian Bale hit a real homerun with that one.  Only movie you'll find where the lead character has a business card fetish. :pimp:

Offline delerium

• Ass & Titties
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 07:09:06 AM »
Quote from: fudog;219795
Flags of our Fathers

awesome movie and the american members need to go see it

I saw it this weekend and found it pretty flawed in execution. I didn't like the cast, which really made me not "feel" for the characters.

Offline jagoan

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »
The banquet, a chinese movie. Very cool marshall art acting. but poor story line. I dunno wats the morale of the story,

Offline fudog

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2006, 04:41:17 AM »
Cars (bootleg)

Offline Levin

• Tae Yeon<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2006, 06:30:54 AM »
The Departed

I like it more than Infernal Affairs but that may be because I watched The Departed first. I think if I watched IA first, I'd still think TD is better since I connected more with it. There was more emotion in it, IMO. My brother and sister like IA more but that may be because they saw it first lol. They think it's cleverer, which I'll give them, but still TD > IA to me.

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2006, 02:16:35 PM »
Devilman, finally as german dub. But good synchro...most german synchros are terrible and just cheap produced. But I'm the only one, who speaks english in my family, and german sub is hard to get.
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Fujisyuusuke

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2006, 11:46:15 PM »
Gladiator

Well, not much to say about this movie, uh? Simply a master-piece! :pimp:

Offline HiME

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »
Dasepo Girl (다세포 소녀):

3 letters: WTF :lol:

Offline Necha

• Nyx - Goddes of the night
  • I'm Eerie :D :D
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 12:18:51 PM »
The Devil Wears Prada

Not as good as the book, eh?

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
「タッチ」
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2006, 01:12:47 PM »
Touch (2005)
Nagasawa Masami, Saito Shota, Saito Keita
Dir. Inudo Isshin

Finally got around to watching this movie.  A gal at work recommended it highly, it being one of the all-time favorite manga/anime titles of her youth.  

It's a young love triangle, sort of, between twin brothers (Katsuya/Tatsuya) and a perky gal (Minami), neighbors, friends and big baseball enthusiasts since childhood.  The story begins as they are in high school.  However only Katsuya and Minami have upheld their love for baseball since the good old days (he's the star pitcher, she's the team manager).  Tatsuya has strayed from the honored path to the promised land: the annual Koshien, the high-school baseball tournament that means more to Japan than March Madness college basketball does in the United States.

There's a different destiny that awaits each of them and much of the story focues on the different paths taken unexpectedly.   Unfortunately, my gal pal spoiled part of the story before I was able to watch the movie free from prejudice and distraction.  She insisted it was but one of a thousand details but she's equipped with a thousand chapters of manga.  All I have is two hours of condensed story.  If you do come across this title (or ANY popular movie title) beware those who may have an overwhelming desire to blab in front of you.

I've seen the Saito twins in "Hotman" and both are serviceable, although I didn't believe for a moment that either of them could deliver breaking pitches at even 50mph (Japanese baseball manga tries to make you believe that teenage arms can produce exploding sliders and blood).  However, Nagasawa doesn't get top billing for nothing.  If you haven't seen "Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu" then you missed a star-making vehicle.  She isn't required to stretch as far as in "Sekachu" and the sporting cliches went CLUNK for me at times but Nagasawa's presence lends something that is both appealing and plausible.  Her sadness is my sadness; her joy becomes one with me.  

I'm not a consumer of manga and some of the attempts to transfer its storytelling techniques to movies don't always mesh.  I found the pacing of the story a little uneven.  But if you create stories with characters worth caring about, that can help a lot and I was taken again by Nagasawa.  I swear, she IS the gal that broke your heart in 9th grade.

** 1/2 (out of ****)

Offline Flow-

• Professional Slacker
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 08:46:12 AM »
Click http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389860/

It was actually better than I expected. You don't really expect a movie about a universal remote which can control your life to be serious at all, especially when seeing that it is an Adam Sandler film.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 09:52:51 AM »
The Kung Fu Cult Master starring Jet Li.

It's an old movie but it was enjoyable. I kinda miss the choreography in the old kung-fu flicks :D

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 09:57:15 AM »
Shaun of the Dead

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 02:27:46 PM »
saw 3. yawn :(

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »
The Prestige was great! Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors. :cool:

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2006, 07:31:48 PM »
saw 3.  was alright.  I still like the first one the best.  The twist(s) in this one was nothing special.
word.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2006, 09:59:08 AM »
The Boondocks Saints....:shocked: WOW.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »
Employee of the Month

I originally didn't want to see it because I thought it would suck, but hoo boy, did it totally change my mind :heart: Hilarious and sweet! And Dane Cook is a cutie!

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2006, 02:49:13 PM »
Night of the Living Dead

JPHiP Radio (34/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Watashi wa Arashi