JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asako Toki - Valentine

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137468 times)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2005, 11:05:31 PM »
WHOA!!!!!!!!! Wilson just spun out off of Glock's tire!!!  That was so close to being a bigger crash.

Edit:  Fuck DON'T interview Allmendinger now!!!  :x  :x  :x  What kind of shit is that?!?!!?!  Of course he's gonna blame himself!!!  He's the driver, he can't help but blame himself unless the pit boys find a problem with the car!

edit 2:  Final results - 1st Bourdais, 2nd Servia, 3rd Tracy.  Hell of a sweet race, IMO.  They definitely got to bring this back next year.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2005, 11:08:42 PM »
FINAL LAP!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2005, 12:21:34 AM »
So it was French race driver Sebastien Bourdais in the end! At least Tracy came in 3rd to represent :canada:

Nice Paul Newman was there too!

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2005, 02:14:50 AM »
Quote from: daigong
So it was French race driver Sebastien Bourdais in the end! At least Tracy came in 3rd to represent :canada:

Nice Paul Newman was there too!

Newman hardly, if ever, misses a race day.  After all, he does co-own the Newman-Haas Team.  Dude's a pretty big racing freak, plus he probably wants to make sure his investment is being used well and is yielding good results.

Offline Christian86

• Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2005, 09:38:32 PM »
i dont understand how ppl can be interested in racing sport.
well, i just like to play some racing-GAMES, but i cant c that on tv...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2005, 08:05:53 AM »
^ Yeah, the hours of laps are boring but when they finally get to the final laps, I check it out  :P

Quote from: TheQuickening
Newman hardly, if ever, misses a race day.  After all, he does co-own the Newman-Haas Team.  Dude's a pretty big racing freak, plus he probably wants to make sure his investment is being used well and is yielding good results.

Yeah. He's pretty hands on too. Like David Letterman. We got a 3 year contract and it was pretty successful, with over 200,000 in attendance over the weekend.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2005, 01:33:30 AM »
Quote from: Christian86
i dont understand how ppl can be interested in racing sport.
well, i just like to play some racing-GAMES, but i cant c that on tv...

To each his own.  With F1 races, I watch the whole thing.  After all, you never know when the inevitable crash is gonna happen.  I try to do the same with Champ Car, but I can't watch a whole IRL/NASCAR race.  Looping around in circles for 2.5 to 3 hours just bores the hell outta me.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2005, 12:56:31 PM »
Alonso won in Hockenheim. He probably won the championship too. There's no way that Raikkonen could beat him now.

Congratulations to the youngest champion ever and good bye to the exciting endseason.
coot is ctz

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2005, 06:57:02 PM »
Ferrari.... absolutely no race pace  :? . They keep going slower and slower as the race progresses

:hammer:
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2005, 07:10:02 PM »
Quote from: ctz
Alonso won in Hockenheim. He probably won the championship too. There's no way that Raikkonen could beat him now.

Congratulations to the youngest champion ever and good bye to the exciting endseason.

Well, mathematically it's still possible, I think... :?  :?  :?   But in order for it to happen Alonso would have to have a whole lot of DNFs and Raikkonen would have to completely dominate and win most (if not all of) the rest of the races left this year.  Realistically speaking though, yeah, Alonso pretty much has it wrapped up.

And poor Danica.  Started her race this past sunday in 6th, but crashed out.  Don't worry, she walked away from it without any apparent injuries.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2005, 12:34:28 AM »
Raikkonen wins at Hungaroring \o/

But more important, Alonso didn't get points. Suddenly the season feels interesting again. Even Schumacher was trying some kind of comeback... Too bad McLaren can't get both cars to the finish line.
coot is ctz

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2005, 01:35:18 AM »
Too bad McLaren can't get both cars to the finish line.

I couldn't really care less about Montoya not finishing.  Those crashes at the start of the race were sweet though!!!  My favourite ones were where Coulthard ran right into someone's front wing that had broken off from a previous collision, and his front suspension just TORE to shreds, and when Klein and Villeneuve touched tires and Klien totally flipped his car!!! (don't worry, the roll cage protected him and he was fine)  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

On a side note, I was watching the replay of Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain this morning, and there are a lot of rumours over who's going to be driving for which team next year.  For anyone who didn't see this, this is what they said on the show (remember that these are just RUMORS):

a) Jenson Button now wishes to STAY with BAR Honda instead of going over to Williams as he was apparently scheduled to next season.  Problem for Button is, he has already signed a contract with Williams, and Williams is refusing to let him out of it. So now he may be "FORCED" to leave BAR Honda and drive for Williams.  If this is true in all likelihood current Williams driver Nick Heidfeld will be let go.

b) Due to the contract that Button signed, BAR Honda isn't betting that Button will be allowed to stay with them for next season.  Therefore, they have apparently agreed (at least in principle) to have Rubens Barichello drive for them next season as his contract with Ferrari ends this season.

c) Believe it or not, if Rubens leaves Ferrari and goes to BAR, there are a couple of rumours over who may take his spot.  First possibility is Felipe Massa.  He was a test driver with Ferrari for a few years before he got his own ride.

d) The other rumoured replacement driver is David Coulthard.  It's a bit of a strange pairing because the normal trend would be to bring in a younger driver to partner with Michael (to have a mentor/student type working relationship).

Now the way the Ferrari rumour goes, because Michael isn't likely to be leaving the team, Massa's/Coulthard's contract would only be for ONE season, so that Ferrari can bring in the driver that they REALLY want to have...Raikkonen.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2005, 03:25:01 PM »
Too bad McLaren can't get both cars to the finish line.

I couldn't really care less about Montoya not finishing.  

I don't care about Montoya either, but if  at least one McLaren is going to break in every race, it doesn't promise good to Raikkonen either.
coot is ctz

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2005, 07:40:15 PM »
Ferrari confirm Barrichello exit

so looks like barrichello is going to BAR.  if button stays i am guessing barrichello will be #1 but button won't be happy for sure.  as a fan of the japanese teams i'm glad BAR signed him, he will make the team much more competitive.

masa is a good choice.  decent driver but won't whine about not being number 1 :lol:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2005, 01:47:48 AM »
Quote from: ohbahsan
Ferrari confirm Barrichello exit

so looks like barrichello is going to BAR.  if button stays i am guessing barrichello will be #1 but button won't be happy for sure.  as a fan of the japanese teams i'm glad BAR signed him, he will make the team much more competitive.

It's not likely that Button will stay.  As I said before he's already signed a contract with Williams, and it's unlikely that they'll release him from it.  As far as Rubens making BAR more competitive, remember that they still have to have a good quality car.  Last year BAR was competing neck and neck with Ferrari because they had totally bitchin', reliable cars and two drivers that could make the most out of them.  This year, they've got the same two drivers with the same skills, but they haven't had the same results because the cars this year just haven't held up as well.  A good driver like Rubens is a start, the team still have to provide him with good equipment for him to be competitive.

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2005, 07:42:03 PM »
I'd like to see how well Rossi will do in F1  :w00t:
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/050803113943.shtml
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2005, 09:03:59 PM »
Quote from: amuse
I'd like to see how well Rossi will do in F1  :w00t:
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/050803113943.shtml

Well, notice that the article said that he's NOT going to be available until 2007, as he's under contract to continue with MotoGP through 2006.  There's still a lot of time for Ferrari to pick and sign someone else.  Just because he test-drove one of their cars doesn't necessarily mean he's going to join the team

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2005, 10:14:47 PM »
Suffering from F1 withdrawal.  I've caved in and am watching IRL.  DANICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Ok, I just witnessed a bunch of guys making pit stops, and TWO cars both lost one of their rear tires as they were leaving pit lane!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2005, 04:59:17 AM »
Ok, at least a couple of the rumours that have been floating around F1 have been confirmed:

Rubens Barichello will leave Ferarri at the end of the current season and join BAR Honda  The lucky driver who will take over Rubens' spot at Ferarri next year will be Felipe Massa, who used to be a test driver for Ferarri and who has been very open about his desire to drive competitively for Ferarri.

BMW will no longer be associated with the Williams F1 team.  Instead, BMW will now be partnered with Sauber, and Williams will get their engines supplied by Cosworth, who currently also supply engines to the entire Champ Car series and who also supplied engines to the former Jaguar F1 team.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »
BMW will no longer be associated with the Williams F1 team.  Instead, BMW will now be partnered with Sauber, and Williams will get their engines supplied by Cosworth, who currently also supply engines to the entire Champ Car series and who also supplied engines to the former Jaguar F1 team.

Interesting to see is the change to V8 engines really so difficult to the other teams as Williams says. Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari and BMW may not have a lot of experience about V8 engines, but they have more money and resources for developement than Cosworth, which is not as big in F1.
coot is ctz

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asako Toki - Valentine