JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: KARA - Follow Me

Author Topic: (Artist) Hoshii Nanase  (Read 8106 times)

Offline blp

• Member+
(Artist) Hoshii Nanase
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:12:02 AM »
Is anyone here a Nanase Hoshii fan? She's a 'cute' idol rather than a 'sexy' one...

Her official homepage:

http://www.avexnet.or.jp/hoshii/

Personally I love her songs... the music is really fun!

Sometimes her atmosphere reminds me of Koharu Kusumi from Morning Musume a little... maybe its the smile...

Hope there are some other fans on this board somewhere!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:48:09 PM by blp »

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 03:29:06 PM »
She's been doing a lot of acting in dramas lately, hopefully she'll have another CD release soon.  I've been a fan since I saw her doing performances on music shows for her 恋愛15シミュレーション song.  Much enjoyed her move to Avex since they've been letting her do punk/rock songs for the B-sides.  She's pretty much the only girl pop idol I've ever heard list Shiina Ringo and The Sex Pistols among her favorite artists.  When they let her do stuff more like what she likes herself she seems to enjoy it more and it comes out in the music v(。・ω・。)ィェィ♪

At one time or another I've posted pretty much all of her CDs, DVDs, and PB on jpop.com or jpopsuki, not sure if anything ever made it up here.

Not sure about the Koharu thing though, they don't remind me of each other much.  Maybe more when she first started and had that CM and single for Suntory as Nacchan, but where she is now doesn't seem much like Koharu.

Offline blp

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »
I'll have to check out those dramas she's acted in.

I feel she's got this weird streak that alot of other idols don't have... it really seems to come through in her music videos (although maybe it's just her production crew who are responsible for the weirdness).

I hope she continues to put out slightly crazy stuff!

Offline blp

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 04:24:58 PM »
Quote from: soveryshiny;245339
At one time or another I've posted pretty much all of her CDs, DVDs, and PB on jpop.com or jpopsuki, not sure if anything ever made it up here.

What was the PB like? Worth getting?

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 04:25:39 PM »
She's mostly been in movies more than dramas lately, I said that wrong.  Fly Daddy Fly and Simsons are the last two I remember.

Which videos have you seen?  The Avex ones or the Toshiba-Emi ones?

Offline blp

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 04:36:42 PM »
Quote from: soveryshiny;245384
Which videos have you seen?  The Avex ones or the Toshiba-Emi ones?

I've got all her DVD singles on both labels... great stuff! That "Perm Pavilion" video gives me the creeps!

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 04:38:20 PM »
Quote from: blp;245383
What was the PB like? Worth getting?

Yes, I thought it was worth buying.  I have scans of it somewhere too.  There's also an IV DVD that's related to it.  Only problem with both of them is they're a bit too regular idol IV-ish, so there are a few shots with too much skin and what not for my taste.

Offline blp

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: soveryshiny;245398
Yes, I thought it was worth buying.  I have scans of it somewhere too.  There's also an IV DVD that's related to it.  Only problem with both of them is they're a bit too regular idol IV-ish, so there are a few shots with too much skin and what not for my taste.

Thanks very much for the information! I'll try to track down both the PB and the IV DVD this weekend in Akihabara... hopefully they are still in print.

Her last release was in March, I hope she puts out something new soon.

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »

Not sure if they are.  The first production company she was with got bought or went under, I forget which, and she ended up with another one and switched labels because of that.  The PB was released by Wani Books and is just self-titled, the DVD by Girls' Record and is called 七色の季節.  ISBN 4-8470-2808-2 and GRD-007 for their product codes.

Have some TV appearances laying around somewhere if you're interested.  Best one is probably when she was on 恋するハニカミ with the boy that played the young version of Takumi in the Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu movie.

And yeah, it's been a long time since her last single, but she has been busy making movies so it's not too much of a surprise.

Offline blp

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 05:02:25 PM »
Love your photo of all your Nanase stuff! That's cool!

I'm definately interested in the TV appearances! Is she performing songs or doing interviews or what?

Even if the DVD and photobook are out of print I should be able to find them in some of the Akihabara backstreet secondhand shops. There is so much great stuff to be found if you've got the time to hunt around for it.

Seems like you are the only other person on this board who is into her. I guess she isn't that popular yet.

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 05:21:58 PM »
Quote from: blp;245417
Love your photo of all your Nanase stuff! That's cool!

I'm definately interested in the TV appearances! Is she performing songs or doing interviews or what?

Even if the DVD and photobook are out of print I should be able to find them in some of the Akihabara backstreet secondhand shops. There is so much great stuff to be found if you've got the time to hunt around for it.

Seems like you are the only other person on this board who is into her. I guess she isn't that popular yet.

Thank you ^^

Some of both.  Have a few performances from when she first started and some interviews on various shows.  Plus Hanikami is a date show, so that's her plus that actor on a date at Tokyo Disneyworld.

Only problem with secondhand out of print stuff is that sometimes it's hideously expensive.  Ripped the out of print CD+DVD that Perfume and Momoi Haruko did together for someone earlier this year after they showed me an auction for it that went over 50000en.

Apparently she isn't -_-;  I know a few other people that are addicted to her but none that post here.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 10:31:06 PM »
She's really cute and a pretty good singer!^^ :heart: I was checking out her official website today~ She's fairly new with only 2 singles so far, ne? Or maybe I just missed where her other stuff was XD LOL

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 12:09:08 AM »
2 on Avex, but she switched labels from Toshiba-EMI at the end of 2005.  5 singles, 2 albums + a best of album, 2 PV collection DVDs, an IV DVD, and a photobook while on Toshiba-EMI.  They're all in that that picture I posted http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/589/sspx0341om3.jpg along with the 2 on Avex.  Except her first album, which I see I forgot to grab when I took the picture ^^;
Top row is first Avex single, first PV collection, last Toshiba-EMI single.
Second row is second Avex single, second album, first Toshiba-EMI single (as Nacchan instead of under the Hoshii Nanase name)
Third row is fourth, third, and second Toshiba-EMI singles.
Fourth row is best album, second PV collection, IV DVD.
And then PB at the bottom.

Oh, and 2003/06/18 was the release date on her first single, so she's been around for ~3.5 years now.  Not that new.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:13:00 AM by soveryshiny »

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »
Gotcha, thanks^^ LOL Wow, her style has changed a lot since she switched from Toshiba, ne? I really liked the previews of her singles on her avex official website^^ :heart:

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
(Artist) Nanase Hoshii
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 11:31:28 PM »
Somewhat.  The a-sides are still girl pop, but a bit different from the stuff she did on Toshiba.  The b-sides are rock/bandol style, pure brain candy.

Oh, anyone into her also like Splash Candy?  They wrote a couple of her songs for/with her, and in Renai 15 Simulation Franken from there is playing the guitar.

Offline blp

• Member+
Re: (Artist) Hoshii Nanase
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 03:45:10 PM »
Toshiba EMI has deleted her homepage from their site. But the Avex page is still up.

I guess this means her Toshiba EMI releases will be going out of print shortly. It's sad, I really love her first two Toshiba EMI albums.

I hope Avex will release an album for her. It's been so long since she did some new music.

I saw a lousy horror film called "Death Water", she had a supporting role in it. I wish she would resume her singing career instead of doing small parts in average movies.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 12:55:57 AM by blp »

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 11:52:19 PM »
Her part as the best friend in Simsons was pretty good.  But I agree, need more singing, less acting.  Apparently she's producing another Avex unit now, will be interesting to see what that actually involves.

Offline blp

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 01:06:18 AM »
Her part as the best friend in Simsons was pretty good.  But I agree, need more singing, less acting.  Apparently she's producing another Avex unit now, will be interesting to see what that actually involves.

How much screen time does she get in the Simsons movie? She always seems to get only 15 minutes in most of the movies I've seen her in. Someone should give her the lead role!

The Avex unit you are talking about is Aiko Kayo's new group right? Yeah, I'm interested in hearing it too, but I'd much Nanase concentratred on her own releases instead! I want a new Hoshii Nanase album, new PVs, a live tour!

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 01:17:49 AM »
I'd say she's in at least half the movie, probably more.  There are 4 girls as part of the plot.  She's the third most important of them and best friend of the most important one, so she's in the majority of the scenes.

Offline blp

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 02:05:31 AM »
I'd say she's in at least half the movie, probably more.  There are 4 girls as part of the plot.  She's the third most important of them and best friend of the most important one, so she's in the majority of the scenes.

Thanks for the info soveryshiny. I'll track that DVD down!

*edit* Damn it, no English subtitles on the Japanese DVD unfortunately. Hopefully I can still understand what's happening!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:09:52 AM by blp »

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: KARA - Follow Me