JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Break Out!

Author Topic: Nono and Friends visit Canada  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Nono and Friends visit Canada
« on: June 30, 2005, 09:30:33 PM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:44:32 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:31:36 PM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:52:43 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 09:53:52 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  LOVED the bit with the Sasquatches!!!  Dude, you are one EVIL sunnovabitch!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 11:18:40 PM »
I just realised what a funny word Sasquatch is.  :D Good stuff man! Keep it coming!

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 09:22:06 PM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:52:54 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 10:34:01 PM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:53:06 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 07:33:24 AM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:53:16 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 03:54:23 PM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:53:25 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 03:55:34 PM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:53:34 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 03:57:03 PM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:53:48 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »
Well.......I gotta say it. The dialogue is getting extremely cheesy and, to be honest, kinda lame.  I mean, I seriously doubt that anyone in real life actually talks like this:

Jordan watched as his friend Tyler was smacked right in the head and knocked unconscious by Mike. Mike looked pure evil now, his eyes glowed with extreme hatred.

“I tried to kill you once and failed, I tried again to burn you all and I failed. Well this time I won’t fail!!.” Mike said as he slowly walked toward the rest of the group.

“No Mike...leave them out of this.” Jordan said as he stood infront of the girls protectively, a hatchet in his hand.
“This is between you and me, not them.” Jordan continued as he began to walk towards Mike.

“Very well, I’ll take much pleasure in killing a treacherous friend like you.” Mike said as he raised his metal shovel and ran at Jordan. Jordan then began to run towards Mike as well.

Jordan raised the hatchet over his head and brought it down towards Mike, Mike blocked the hatched with his shovel and the 2 were locked in a weapons lock. Pushing towards each other with all their might, trying to get the "edge" over the other. Mike clamped his teeth together and was breathing heavily, his eyes seemed to glow red as he continued to push towards Jordan in the deadly weapons lock.

“Face it, your no match for me” Mike snarled through his clenched teeth.
“We’ll see!” Jordan challenged and backed off and broke the weapons lock.

The 2 once friends now began to walk in a circle while staring at each other, Weapons at the ready.
“I can’t believe I once trusted a treacherous scum like you” Mike said as the 2 continued to circle each other.
“You’ve gone mad Mike!!, look at yourself” Jordan yelled back at Mike.
“What I’ve become is because of you. You stole the girl I loved” Mike shouted very angrily at Jordan.

“And now I’m going to kill you, your going to die by my hand today.” Mike yelled as he charged at Jordan.
“I will do what I must to protect my friends” Jordan said as he steadied himself to counter Mikes attack...

I'm guessing "Jordan" and "Mike" are NOT actually based on people you actually know from real life?  If they are, Jordan's clueless and Mike...I wouldn't be inviting him over for a beer if I were you.

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 01:46:52 AM »
*gone*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:54:13 AM by Tyler_Wood_2005 »

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 10:58:08 PM »
I guess I have to explain my train of thought.  Just because it's fiction doesn't mean the dialogue has to sound like some hack job from a really bad 70's B-movie.

I'm not saying that the fanfic itself is bad, I'm just saying that the dialogue is unrealistic.  Take a look at TV shows and movies, for example.  The really good ones have characters that talk and act in a manner that's believeable (i.e. they talk just like people do in real life).  Good examples of fiction are the ones where you read them, and you can honestly believe that they could happen in real life.  The first 2 and most recent Batman movies were awesome because even though the settings were pretty outlandish and the costumes/outfits rather campy, the dialogue and interactions between the various characters in the movies were honest and believeable (except maybe for the part about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman). Batman: Forever and ESPECIALLY Batman and Robin completely sucked ass because the characters got too hokey, too lame, too "over the top" if you will (remember Ahh-nold as Dr. Freeze?  *shudders violently*).

The first four chapters of this particular fanfic illustrate my point very well.  The characters, the settings, the way you describe the locations, and especially the dialogue, are believeable.  I'm not saying that you totally need to re-write certain parts or anything like that.  On the contrary, you should continue on with what you've already established.  I'm just saying that your characters are human beings living in 2005, and that thus you should try to be a bit more mindful of how modern human beings live/talk/and just how they ARE in today's society.  For example (this is just my little opinion, mind you, feel free to disregard it), with your conflict between Jordan and Mike, considering the fact that they're basically fighting over a girl, I would have had a LOT more swearing/cursing (especially during the parts where they were physically fighting).  But, like I said, that's just me.

And in total seriousness, how often do you hear your typical person say things like: "I tried to kill you once and failed, I tried again to burn you all and I failed. Well this time I won’t fail!!.” or “Very well, I’ll take much pleasure in killing a treacherous friend like you.” in REAL LIFE???  If people really talked like that in their everyday dialogue, I'd be shittin' my pants from LAUGHING AT THEM!  :P  :P  :P

Anyway, that's why I said what I said.  Hope it clarifies it better.

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 01:00:15 AM »
Well this is a rather old fan fic so...Meh, I have other stuff I'm working on so capoots to this one for all I care :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 03:05:04 PM »
Quote from: TheQuickening

And in total seriousness, how often do you hear your typical person say things like: "I tried to kill you once and failed, I tried again to burn you all and I failed. Well this time I won’t fail!!.” or “Very well, I’ll take much pleasure in killing a treacherous friend like you.” in REAL LIFE???  If people really talked like that in their everyday dialogue, I'd be shittin' my pants from LAUGHING AT THEM!  :P  :P  :P

I recall one instance in my life where I was waiting for someone in a public area and I overheard a guy on the phone, and he was arguing with his girlfriend on the other line because he found out she had been cheating on him. Well, he must have known the guy she was cheating with because he phoned up the guy and said:

"I'm going to do everything in my power to destroy you!"

I couldn't help myself but laugh out loud.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 12:49:54 AM »
Quote from: Tuffty
I recall one instance in my life where I was waiting for someone in a public area and I overheard a guy on the phone, and he was arguing with his girlfriend on the other line because he found out she had been cheating on him. Well, he must have known the guy she was cheating with because he phoned up the guy and said:

"I'm going to do everything in my power to destroy you!"

I couldn't help myself but laugh out loud.

Ooooooooooooooookay.  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:   The way you describe it, it kinda makes you wonder if she was cheating on him with one of his[/i] friends?  You did say that it appeared that he might have known the guy as it looked like he called him up and all.

BTW, did he hear you when you laughed?  :P  :P  :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 11:23:55 AM »

Ooooooooooooooookay.  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:   The way you describe it, it kinda makes you wonder if she was cheating on him with one of his[/i] friends?  You did say that it appeared that he might have known the guy as it looked like he called him up and all.

BTW, did he hear you when you laughed?  :P  :P  :P

That's the assumption I came up with. How else could he have gotten the phone number off the third party if it was a guy he never even met before?  :P Sorry if my description of the scenario was poorly written.

To be honest I couldn't tell you!  :P I tried to make it seem as if I wasn't laughing at him so I never turned around to acknowledge what he was doing. There was a pause though, so I assume he turned his head around!  :D

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 09:30:35 PM »
No prob.  It was written well the way you had it.  Simple and understandable.  I was just curious.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 11:01:21 AM »
No prob.  It was written well the way you had it.  Simple and understandable.  I was just curious.

Phew, that's good to hear!   :D

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Break Out!