JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Dokidoki Morning

Author Topic: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)  (Read 314275 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)
« Reply #1940 on: September 13, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »
Sat 10am:
Ah, I should stop playing mobile games all the time and actually play a real game...
{Starts loading Assassins Creed Black Flag}  :)

After a little gaming:
My God! Its 10pm already! What happened to my day! :sweatdrop:

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• Starting to become addicted to Keyakizaka46.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • If Neru's my sugar fix, Nen's my guilty pleasure
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
« Reply #1941 on: September 13, 2014, 04:03:58 PM »
Destiny. It's a good FPS~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1942 on: September 13, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »
Picked up Destiny too. The story is particularly bad (not surprising considering it's from the guys who made Halo) and the missions are pretty repetitive, but I do enjoy the shooting mechanics a lot so I am enjoying it.

Also picked up God Hand for dirt cheap too and I'm loving the hell out of it. Difficult but incredibly satisfying when you're in a good flow and defeating enemies without being hit. Also it's pretty daft and funny too :lol:

Offline MYJR

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1943 on: September 21, 2014, 06:19:28 PM »
Currently I'm not really a hardcore gamer like I used to but right now I play

Kingdom Heart Birth By Sleep, Dissidia 012 and Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 6

and also I play chrono trigger on my PSP.

Offline xyish

• Masuda's bitch
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • :3
« Reply #1944 on: September 24, 2014, 07:34:17 AM »

It's still in closed beta testing, but I've been playing a fair bit of Prismata. It's a turn-based resource-building strategy game that's plays a bit like M:tG and borrows elements from traditional RTS titles like StarCraft. There are 11 units in the base set in every game and depending on format, another 5 or 8 additional random units you may play. The random units tend to be a bit stronger and more interesting, and they are usually what you will build your strategy around for the game. Your opponent also receives the same random units but it never really plays out as a mirror as most games you'll be looking to find counter strategies to your opponents. Since there you are playing with full information and there is no randomness involved it can be quite similar to SC with full scouting, minus the micro battles (I have terribad APM).

There are 3 main tech paths to take as units typically require at least one of 3 types of additional resources besides gold which you use for pretty much everything. Gold (1) is generated when you click (similar to tapping in M:tG) Drones.
Animus (6) provides TWO Red (R) resources that disappear at the end of the turn. Red is aligned to more aggressive units with very efficient attack for their cost but can be really vulnerable if those units are not well protected
Blastforge (5) provides one Blue (B) resource that dissipates at the end of the turn. Blue is aligned to more defensive units, with high shield (Shield damage is not permanent and units only die if they take lethal damage on their shields) values and prompt (Prompt means it can block on the round it is bought, i.e. no summoning sickness for blocking) blockers
Conduit (4) will supply you with one additional Green (G) resource per turn but are stored if unused. Green is somewhat more interesting, their units feel less permanent as they typically have health instead of shields and take permanent damage. Saccing units and health is also a big part of G, but as they are the only resource besides gold that can be banked, which means an early investment in G can give you an edge later on in the game.
Energy (E) generated automatically by Engineers. It is typically used on econ units like Drones but there are some interesting uses for E and Engineers in the random unit pool. Building an early Engineer may telegraph that you are going heavy econ and force an aggressive response from the opponent. They are also good sacrifices to reduce damage taken on shields to keep Walls alive (2 as opposed to 5B in cost).
By choosing to tech into any of the 3 main tech paths you may be telegraphing your strategy to your opponent, who may choose to build into a counter if they can find one within the set.

On combat, there are attackers and defenders.
Units that are defenders are denoted by the shield icon and contribute to your overall defense value shown to the left.
Some units generate attack automatically without having to be clicked, while others may be clicked for combat and cannot block in the same round. Some units even have a limited amount of attacks and it becomes important to decide when you want certain units to attack and when you want them to block.
Every turn, your total attack value for the turn is compared to the opponent's defense value. If it is lower, your opponent may choose which units block, and in what order. Any damage that does not kill a unit with shields will be negated as shields regenerate. If your attack exceeds your opponent's total defense value, you enter a special "breech" mode where you can assign your leftover damage (after killing all defenders) on ANY of their units (provided it is already in play). You may choose to disrupt their economy by destroying their Drone line, or go for their production tech (RGB) or go for their attackers hiding behind their walls. Spending a point of damage on a cheap attacker like Tarsier (4R) is almost always better than attacking a Drone (3E) which in turn is often superior to attacking a Gauss Cannon (6G) which has 5 health. While the above examples are generally true, there are situations where they may not be. If your opponent is low on G, destroying their Conduits (4), as cheap as they are, may be a winning move rather than wiping their drones or their forces.

By being the first player to build an Animus I may be saying that I am opting to go for an aggressive strat, my opponent may immediately choose to respond by building a Blastforge to prevent me from killing their workers and getting a lead early on. Since both R and B resources aren't stored if unspent, I may either go for a Rhino (5R) to force him to build a Wall(5B) which will be inefficient for a while because I will not attacking with the Rhino unless he chose not to respond with the Wall. Or I may simply not build anything with my R and instead tech to B or G, which has forced inefficiency in my opponent's spending by making him build a Blastforge and not spending B, unless he chooses to spend B on a unit which may be inefficient at worst and ineffective at offense at best. Depending on B or G I could be getting Scorchillas (7RG) or Hannibulls (9BRR) which are both very effective against early Walls. As you can see I can mindgame my opponent and force them to commit to a tech which might not be as great against my overall strategy just by building inefficiently or aggressively myself. He may have had another strategy in mind but was forced to abandon it to respond to what he thought I was going to build into. Similarly, knowing when to switch tech or strategies can give you a massive edge capitalizing on a weakness in the opponent's build. There is a really high skill cap as there is no random element and high level games can come down to the smallest decisions be it in purchasing, timing or assigning blockers or whether you attack with an optional attacker on a particular turn

The game will be completely free to play and they will probably use some supporter model like PoE, you can sign up for a beta invite on their site (code is PJSALT). EDIT: Currently out of keys to giveaway, do sign up for the beta if you are interested!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:03:48 PM by xyish »

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1945 on: September 24, 2014, 01:25:25 PM »
After watching the Appleseed movie trilogy, I got the urge to replay my cyberpunk-themed games: Binary Domain, Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising.

I recently bought a secondhand copy of Just Cause 2. I'm generally not a fan of sandbox or open world games but its '80s action movie style got me interested.

Once in a while I play Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to farm better armor for my Arisen while using other players' pawns to, primarily, give them some rift crystals.

I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1946 on: October 28, 2014, 08:22:44 PM »

Fire Emblem: Awakening owns my soul. That is all.

Offline azooloop

• ecchi
« Reply #1947 on: November 09, 2014, 03:59:43 PM »
Not really playing anything at the moment. Looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC on the 11th.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1948 on: November 10, 2014, 05:47:28 AM »
Civilization BE.
Can't wait to get home and sick my pack of CNDRs on my neighbouring countries. Supremacy all the way baby~ :tama-laff:

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1949 on: November 18, 2014, 01:02:13 AM »
Currently on another Myst craving. This time - Uru: Ages Beyond Myst.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1950 on: November 21, 2014, 12:25:22 AM »
Heard through word of mouth about a free to play game on iOS and Android called Terra Battle, a strategy game from Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy) and Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) making the soundtrack. It's neat, has a bit of depth to it, some semblance of a story and I haven't really hit any free to pay barriers as of yet, so the game isn't too rough about that. It is early days though, in fairness. I've heard favourable comparisons to Puzzle & Dragons, but I haven't played that so I couldn't really confirm it. It's free and it has a bit more depth and content than other games of it's type, so you can't really complain too much

It does have a great soundtrack too.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:33:43 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1951 on: December 07, 2014, 11:53:42 PM »
It's that time of year which means sales! Specifically, Sony is celebrating 20 years in the business by having a sale on the PS Store. As a result I got the Metal Gear HD Collection (MGS2, 3 and Peace Walker) for £8, NFS:Hot Pursuit for £3 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for £4. On top of that, for PS Plus this month I downloaded Deadly Premonition and the Hitman HD Trilogy (Hitman 2, Contracts and Blood Money) for free. Good times.

Mainly, I'm just playing PES 2015 non stop. It's just so good, the best football game in many years.

Offline desertfox

• ecchi
« Reply #1952 on: January 28, 2015, 04:03:46 PM »
on pc : still DOTA 2
on mobile phone : simcity build it

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1953 on: February 07, 2015, 06:50:32 AM »
GTA V on the PS4 lately, though I need to go back to Beyond Earth and Dragon Age Inquisition sometime.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #1954 on: February 07, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »
Right now I'm dividing my time between Guild Wars 2 and Rise Of Incarnates.  However, once the next big PC game comes out, I'm probably gonna abandon both games.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1955 on: February 15, 2015, 07:04:58 PM »
I'm suppose to be playing "Life Is Strange" but I keep on going back to Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare on the PS4

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1956 on: February 26, 2015, 01:10:43 AM »
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD remix (more specifically Kingdom Hearts Final Mix) and The World Ends with You.

Guess I'm feeling nostalgic.  XD

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1957 on: February 26, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »
Metroid Prime  :twothumbs

I've only had to look at a FAQ a couple of times, I feel awesome (even if I have played it before), looking forward to finally playing the sequel when I'm done, the new Wii controls are making it feel a lot different, but weirdly my aim feels a little worse than when using the c-stick  :lol:

The only downside about the trilogy is the data select screen doesn't have this music anymore

Offline kongz

« Reply #1958 on: February 28, 2015, 01:57:24 PM »
playing Guild Wars 2 right now.. so hyped about the new expansion coming out soon!

as for console games...

i want to play MH4U but still saving for my 3DS T_T

Offline Syaro

« Reply #1959 on: April 17, 2015, 02:24:49 AM »
I'm currently playing Freedom Wars, currently have 799191 years to clear off. Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, almost to the 100th floor! Persona 4 Golden, trying to get all the achievements and waiting for the next game to come out, later this year. I'm also waiting for KH3, but I'm more hyped about Persona 5, then that game, though.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Dokidoki Morning