JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Back Hug

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1000791 times)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2120 on: September 21, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »
LOL in ghost recon future soldier there's a cutscene where you're in the gulf of finland and the first thing you see is the back of a bald head  XD
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:08:55 PM by john_hung »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #2121 on: September 22, 2012, 05:45:56 PM »
Finally got my hands on NIER! <3
Finally I can play this game everyday, nuahahahahahhahahaha!!! *shot*

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2122 on: September 23, 2012, 09:09:17 PM »
What happened to just sit back, relax and watch a tv show/movie?

!

This is insane!

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2123 on: September 23, 2012, 10:32:20 PM »
i think i'm getting near the end of the regular campaign on future soldier - i have to eliminate 7 high value targets, and each one has more soldier protecting him than the previous one  :doh: plus squads of spetsnaz operators like to surprise you every so often (they have that invisiblity camo thing like your squad does fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu). the perks on mw3 have got me spoiled a bit lol

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2124 on: September 24, 2012, 05:42:55 AM »
 :hand: well, I was supposed to have the pw thread in front of me but now it's the gaming pw thread, umm what ever XD

I can't sleeeeeeeeeeep :w00t: gegeg well its so sad that the energydrinks are so expencive in the nearest shop open atm, but at least they have some food there. becos I'm hungry as a shark1!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
prrrrrrrrrrrrrr^^ btw actually watched that video about dating a gamer for a while lol! hot XD
oh oh! and level 61 on WoW now 8 ) one week of playtime left for now. Probably won't have any time to play for a few months due to work

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2125 on: September 25, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »
Tokyo Jungle looks absolutely crazy and I love it for that reason. You would rarely ever see a game concept like this getting funded and produced to this scale in the West. If you haven't heard of it before...just watch :lol:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2126 on: September 25, 2012, 11:46:57 PM »
I would rant about Arkham City, but I don't want to look like a whiner :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2127 on: September 26, 2012, 12:40:30 AM »
Do it! All opinions welcome here. Who knows, you may not be the only one to have the same complaints!

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2128 on: September 26, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »
just passed the main campaign for future soldier - the last mission was pretty crazy, now i gotta pass the dlc campaign  :thumbup

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2129 on: September 26, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
Had my last date with Calendar Man yesterday. Yep, I did that achievement without cheating (much) for the course of a whole year XD

I would rant about Arkham City, but I don't want to look like a whiner :(

Go on and rant pika, I want to read it too!!!

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2130 on: September 26, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »
Dead or Alive 5 is amazing.

I swear I play it for the:

PLOT:

and

BACKSTORY:

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2131 on: September 26, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »
I heard Jeff talking about the DOA5 plot on the recent Bombcast and it sounds ridiculous :lol: I mean, fighting game stories usually are but this one sounds particularly crazy. Gotta love a name like Fame Douglas :lol: I'm actually curious to play it myself, it looks decent.

Had my last date with Calendar Man yesterday. Yep, I did that achievement without cheating (much) for the course of a whole year XD

Oh wow, that's dedication right there! Congrats!!

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2132 on: September 26, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »
I heard Jeff talking about the DOA5 plot on the recent Bombcast and it sounds ridiculous :lol: I mean, fighting game stories usually are but this one sounds particularly crazy. Gotta love a name like Fame Douglas :lol: I'm actually curious to play it myself, it looks decent.

Have you not played any of the previous DOAs? If you can get past some of the jiggle physics, it has the smoothest fighting system out there.  Easy to pick up and play, harder to  master.  No other game performs counters like it can.  I tried playing tekken tag tournament 2 after playing DOA5 for an hour.  I just laughed at how bad the Tekken fighting system has aged.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2133 on: September 26, 2012, 09:41:46 PM »
Never played a DOA game before I'm afraid. Always been a VF fan myself. Definately curious to hear how Akira, Sarah and Pai handle in DOA5!

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2134 on: September 28, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »
guild wars 2 is stealing my life

my beloved Rufiyah, its ok she can be your waifu

i didn't even want to play as a chick mage but i just wanted to see how the game played.  then...4 hours later i was still playing and i thought, "well, might as well stick with Rufiyah"

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2135 on: October 01, 2012, 08:30:32 PM »
Anyone else completely mesmerized by Borderlands 2?

I could use someone to co-op with as my buddies decided to get it for PS3 for some reason. lol

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2136 on: October 02, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »
Beat Torchlight 2 last night. :)

Now I'm just wasting time on silly little games till X-Com comes out.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2137 on: October 02, 2012, 05:38:20 PM »
I've been obsessed with Madden lately - killing time until Assassin's Creed III is released. Killing so much time..... :sweatdrop:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2138 on: October 02, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »
I submitted a question to the 4PlayerPodcast and it got read out on the latest podcast! It's right at 90 mins if you want to hear. My question was:

Are there any games from this current generation that you would consider to be the best in its genre or could even be considered as one of the best games of all time?

I suggested Bayonetta to sort of get the ball rolling and on what they should think of. Nice enough question right? The other guys seemed to think so too, but I had a hunch Brad would have an issue with it because...he's a dickhead.

And I was right! "Best in it's genre, what does that even mean?" Um...exactly what it says Brad, no more, no less. Don't know why he has to over analyse or be pedantic about everything. He tried to defend himself by going on about how games these days sort of blend genres and that my question avoided PC games. It didn't, but I had hoped they would all understand my question was all encompassing for them to include any game released between the launch of the 360/PS3/Wii to now. Besides, his answers of great PC games this gen were FEAR and Half Life 2. Both great games, just not released in this current gen. Silly Brad. Other answers like Red Dead Redemption or COD4 were answers I could agree with.

Also Nick pronounced Ballymena wrong :lol:

Guess I may as well extend the question out to you guys as well. Are there any recent games you've played this gen that you would consider to be one of the greatest ever games?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:03:21 PM by Tuffty »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2139 on: October 03, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »
I could actually think of a few.

Tales of Vesperia - It looked like you were playing an anime. The main cast were all quirky characters, but lovable and sometimes showed a serious side (like one of the things the hero does really early in the game makes him an anti-hero, questioning players to support this guy's actions or not).
It was just weird that you weren't playing the honorable imperial knight guy as the main character, but instead the loner guy that quit the army.
And there was a bloody lot to do next to the nice main story. Totally worth every dollar. :thumbsup

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - When I started playing it, I was awed by it. Everything from the great look, the adventure story, the sights, the movie-quality cinematics, gameplay (ok, except for the early 'soldier sees you, game over' bit. I honestly hate games with this).
It all just felt so polished. And I even enjoyed the free multi-player for a few months. Another game being a total bargain. Darn, I haven't played 3 yet... :banghead:

Batman Arkham City - Everyone here has played it, so I don't even need to explain why. :D I'm Batman~ ...at least I was when I was playing it. :oops:

I think all of these have set the bar for their genre.

JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Back Hug