JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Be Happy Koi no Yajirobee

Author Topic: Android  (Read 50765 times)

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Android
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2013, 01:31:32 PM »

Gotta love 4G LTE speed..  :drool:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2013, 01:06:26 AM »
Received my phone on Thursday. It's wonderful. How did I live without a smartphone, for so long? I'm glad that it didn't take me three years to buy one, after making this thread.. :cokecat:

App suggestions, give them to me.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »

A minor phone upgrade lol... long time coming. Just rooted the Nexus 4, rocking the franco kernel now, but I opted to stick with the stock android OS for starters.

Nifty little thing... Any updates on the tips for must-have/useful apps? I've pretty much only put whatsapp and my humblebundle android games in so far. :P

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »
I was unhappy with the state of Japanese-English dictionaries for Android, and decided to make my own. I think I'm making decent progress, given that this is my first Android application. I'm trying to keep the user interface very simple, clean, and straightforward.

I'm still in the process of adding many features, including a functioning kanji lookup, and stroke order information. I also need to fix many little bugs and quirks, to make it a properly usable application. If anyone has suggestions, then give me a shout. Not that I'll ever finish working on this..

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2013, 02:08:51 AM »
NICE Amp. can't wait to use it. a pronunciation feature would be fantastic. but prolly make it too huge?

LMFAO good stuff Stryfer oh man, the side by side. what we all need to do.

Offline jokoa

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2013, 05:48:13 PM »
Does anybody know where to get 'modded' paid games for free?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2013, 07:47:43 PM »

Been hard at work on my dictionary app:
  • Searching by stroke order now works (mostly). Needs a whole lotta tweaking, though.
  • A word now displays the kanji contained within itself, and clicking them takes you to the individual kanji definition.
  • You can adjust the maximum number of search results to receive

Future plans:
  • Fix ALL the bugs
  • Click to copy everything in sight
  • Long-click to search for everything in sight
  • Add in support for other languages (German, French, Dutch, Russian). This means in the entries themselves, not UI.
  • Con people into translating the UI :V
  • Romaji-instead-of-kana option

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2013, 01:28:42 AM »

Now featuring:
  • Multiple search/display languages
  • If the specified search language does not possess entries, then the app defaults to English
  • Trying to make the UI a little easier to read, slowly. Mostly content with it, though.
  • Added in a proper initializer, and way to also reload all the dictionary files.
  • Re-wrote some bad shit, to make it simpler and more efficient.
  • Click-to-copy mostly implemented now, longclick-to-search forthcoming in the works

Needs work:
  • Kanji lookup
  • Save entries
  • The UI

Offline jechtly

• Nyiauww
  • @Jechtly
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »
so is anybody installing apps from outof playstore?
is it illegal?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2013, 02:38:42 AM »

So I complete re-did the kanji lookup. It actually works now, and displays stroke count. In addition, if you click the radicals listed for a character (picture 5 above), it will take you to the kanji lookup, with those characters pre-selected (picture 6).

In addition, I added a romanization option. It was actually a lot easier to implement than I thought, though I can probably improve it still.

I've still got to add a save/list function, and fix some misc bugs. Then add romaji to kana conversion.. :bleed eyes:

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2013, 08:22:53 AM »
so is anybody installing apps from outof playstore?
is it illegal?
No, Android allows that no problem. But always be careful where you get it from.

If the App requires payment, and you didn't pay for it and try to get around it by installing a separate downloaded version, that is another matter.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2013, 08:36:49 PM »

So I went and re-did my database, and the search function. I'm also working on adding an advanced search feature. I'm also trying to make it look a little prettier, so excuse the color clashes.

Basic search now allows wildcards, anywhere in the query. In the first picture above, I my query was "大*院"
List support 50% complete. You can specifiy names & descriptions for the lists. Lists will allow you to add both dictionary and kanji entries, and then view them. The advanced search feature will also be used, to allow users to generate lists automatically.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »

Changes since the last update:
  • Single kanji entries now listed in primary search (Pic 1: search was for "大好き")
  • More than 5 entries in a definition will result in the excess being collapsed (Pic 2)
  • Name Searching (Pic 1, 5)
  • Lists now support the addition of names, as well
  • Text analyzing & ability to save them for future reference (Pic 3, 4)
  • Proper searching/loading indicators
  • Swipe views everywhere

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »
Gimme a break: Next Android called 'Kit Kat'
The next version of Android will be called Kit Kat, as in the Nestle chocolate wafers, and comes with a contest to win Android and Google Play swag.
by Seth Rosenblatt | September 3, 2013 10:22 AM PDT

Google has announced that the upcoming version of its Android mobile operating system will be called Kit Kat, licensing the name from Nestle.

Android chief Sundar Pichai, in a Google+ post, revealed that Android has passed 1 billion activations and noted the Kit Kat branding of Android 4.4. This is the first time that Google had gone with a branded name for Android, which in the past have been generics like "Eclair" and "Jelly Bean."

Google says that the idea for branding Android 4.4 was developed internally, and that no money was spent either by Google or Nestle on the deal, according to a BBC report.

Google chose to change the "K" release of Android to Kit Kat from Key Lime Pie in part because, "we realized that very few people actually know the taste of a Key lime pie," said John Lagerling, Android's director of global partnerships. The flavor of Kit Kats, he said, is more familiar to programmers than Key lime pie, which happens to be the official Florida state pie.

The deal, which will involve Nestle shipping more than 50 million Android-branded Kit Kats across 19 countries, was finalized at a secret meeting earlier this year at Barcelona's Mobile World Congress. In an age of news leaks, the deal was kept secret by both companies, despite the fact that packaging production began more than two months ago.

According to the official Android Kit Kat site, there will be opportunities to win Android swag when you purchase soon-to-be-released Android-branded Kit Kats, including a Nexus 7 and Google Play credit.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57601119-93/gimme-a-break-next-android-called-kit-kat/

As the article says, Google and Nestle are collaborating on this...so much so that.....

:lol:
OTHER RELATED LINKS -
http://www.android.com/kitkat/
https://twitter.com/sundarpichai/statuses/374933465998708736
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/android-kit-kat/
http://gizmodo.com/the-next-android-version-is-called-kit-kat-good-god-1245489751

On a totally unrelated note...I totally love Kit Kat (the candy bar).   :thumbup

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2013, 09:56:31 PM »
^love dem kit kats

So I (mostly) finished my dictionary app now. It's available on the Play store. There's no ads or other shit, don't worry. I would appreciate any feedback :cokecat:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ja.bito.aobajisho

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
How about that Galaxy S6? At that price, though, it's hard to resist the iPhone. Gotta decide soon, because my Nexus 4 is about to keel over.

Working on a new app, since my JP dictionary is (mostly) done. Keep yo eyes peeled. :jphip:

Offline donidoni

« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2015, 06:54:41 AM »
I just sold my iPhone and want to join Android users and I need your advice. Which is the best android phone now? Which is the best in this LG G4 vs Galaxy S6 battle?

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2020, 05:08:03 PM »
any body know have this happen?? i updated my android and fuck my file manager is fucked, can't attach file camera kaputzky :(
https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg7/comments/hnhny9/android_10_update_on_freedom_network_canada/?sort=new

hmm...anyone having issues? battery draining possible...

Fuck I love my S6 Edge Amp XD

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Be Happy Koi no Yajirobee