JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Alone

Author Topic: (Band) noodles  (Read 5406 times)

Flyp

(Band) noodles
« on: August 23, 2005, 04:27:46 AM »
Ahh, I love noodles.  They're an all-girl jrock band produced by the pillows' frontman Sawao Yamanaka.  They're sorta like a more punky girl version of the pillows, with some of The Breeders thrown in for good measure.

noodles are:

Left to Right
Vo,G, YOKO
B, IKUNO
Dr, AYUMI

They had another guitarist that left recently, Junko... but i can't find any other info on her any more :\

noodles have done several tours of the US, the most recent with the pillows in their first US tour earlier this year.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
(Band) noodles
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 08:33:02 AM »
They're looking bad ass! that's some mellow rock tho...:D

Offline kyo45

(Band) noodles
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 08:26:54 PM »
i downloaded the song you posted. it's good,pretty mellow but theres nothing wrong with mellow rock now and then.

Offline kukine

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) noodles
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 06:02:30 AM »
o.o why are they naming their band noodles?

Offline SugarAndSynth

• ecchi
Re: (Band) noodles
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
I have decided to bring this thread back from the dead, because I really, really love this group, and I feel the need to share it.

About a year ago, my girlfriend and I sat down and watched a film called "Love My Life".

The movie itself is very fluffy and sweet, and is all about these two girls learning the meaning of love, independance, and the bond that keeps them together. It's a really lighthearted and idealistic story (a far cry from nearly all other gay asian film I've seen, where someone has a tragic accident or can't be honest with his/her feelings, or some other horrendously tragic plot twist prevents the protagonist from having anything a good relationship or life or what have you), and if you're into that sort of thing (as well as two really, really attractive Japanese girls being all kinds of uppins), I'd definitely reccomend it.

Anyway, noodles produced the whole soundtrack for this film, and it's such a beautiful collection of songs. Very mellow, very reminiscent of the Pillows, for sure. The title track has the same name as the film, and my girlfriend and I consider it to be one of "our songs":

(I'll let the video speak for itself.)

Because they've been around since 1991, they've actually released nine albums and eight mini albums. If you like the Pillows, I really encourage you to give these ladies a chance.  :heart:

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »
i have almost all their stuff, if anyone wants a discog, i'd be glad to upload em

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline Vinimin

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 08:04:09 PM »
Yaay for Noodles. . .Just thought I'd bump this thread, they need moar love ^_^

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »
*good music bump*

they're great!
haven't listened to them for a long time though, maybe it's time to start again  XD

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »
*good music bump*

they're great!
haven't listened to them for a long time though, maybe it's time to start again  XD
Good music bump again! :oops: Hope you started again, way way too underrated, I've liked them for many years now, here's a couple videos for those who have no idea what we're talking about. :lol: Actually, for those that are into Scandal and Stereopony, these gals really influenced them.

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Alone