JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yuey - Semi no Oto

Author Topic: [READ THIS THREAD] H!P Girls Thread Rules  (Read 20684 times)

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
[READ THIS THREAD] H!P Girls Thread Rules
« on: September 11, 2006, 06:18:24 AM »
Threads are not chatrooms!

I'm cutting straight to the point here with using that statement as the opening of this thread and the title. Threads in forums are places where we, as members, can contribute ideas, opinions, questions and so much more. This is JPH!P, we of course encourage some spam once in a while, but don't keep chugging it out like there's no tomorrow.

With that said, threads do not equal chatrooms, as well. There is a reason we have the community IRC linked above, for members to use if they want to have a conversation with each other. If you don't like the idea of using the public IRC, then use your own chat programmes such as MSN or Yahoo, or even Skype. Okay, responding to what a member has just posted a couple of times is fine, even if it resembles a chat somewhat; but please, don't make it go on and on.

An example of threads being turned into "chat palaces" would be something like this:
Member #1: Hmm...there's nothing to watch on TV...maybe I'll just go have dinner now
Member #2: What are you going to have?
Member #1: Probably chicken
Member #2: Cool, I love chicken
Member #1: Really?
Member #2: Yeah

I would also like to add that contributing posts with just emoticons and/or no text (for example: "O____O") are definitely not encouraged here. That includes one-word posts. These can be considered "empty posts", in a sense. Those are allowed in chatrooms, not here.

If this kind of behaviour continues over and over again, I may even have to start typing down a public list of "regular offenders". And please, I do not want to resort to doing that here.

If you have any questions or concerns about this, please don't hesitate to PM me or any of the other Crack Staff. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:10:26 AM by shirenu »

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
[PLEASE READ] Threads are NOT chatrooms!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 09:36:35 PM »
Okay, I've posted a warning in a few threads about too much chitchatting.

A bit of chitchatting is good, people. It keeps things going, keeps threads alive. But when most content of a thread is off-topic chat, it ain't good. It's not much difference from those people who post a one liner in every thread just to increase their postcounts.

Talk about their releases! About their latest vids you just watched! Post their tidbits! That way, your girls could gain new fans easily.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
DO NOT (DIRECT-)LINK TO JAPANESE UPLOADERS!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 05:35:48 AM »
Too much bandwidth used by foreign people on Japanese uploaders may lead to foreign IPs being banned on the site, and then NONE of us will be able to go there. It has happened in the past. I'm sure nobody wants that so DO NOT LINK TO JAPANESE UPLOADERS on the forum, but ALWAYS upload files somewhere else to share them!

We have http://picroda.jphip.com/ , our own image uploader for uploading the pics so use it!

For videos there are tons of places, like mediafire, sendspace, yousendit, rapidfire, megaupload... So use them!

Uploaders are a valuable source for pictures, song previews, videos etc. that we all enjoy. Do not take that away from the whole foreign H!P community!

This was posted here because recently I saw a lot of people linking to Japanese sites in the member threads.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:01:49 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [PLEASE READ] Threads are NOT chatrooms!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »
NOTE:

Threads with over 100 posts have been moved to the H!P Classic Threads Forum.

Just keeping things small and simple! ^___^
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 06:46:57 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yuey - Semi no Oto