JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Speed - April

Author Topic: [Movie] Let the Bullets Fly (2010)  (Read 7659 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[Movie] Let the Bullets Fly (2010)
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:57:22 AM »
this is gonna be one EPIC movie:

"Let The Bullets Fly" Finish Shooting in Beijing   
2010-03-08 15:54:24     CRIENGLISH.com      Web Editor: libo

Some of China's brightest stars gathered when film "Let The Bullets Fly" finished shooting in Beijing recently. Unlike his previous project, director Jiang Wen delivered the film on schedule, Xinhuanet reports.

Hong Kong film stars Chow Yun fat and Carina Lau, as well as mainland actors Ge You, Jiang Wen and Jiang Wu joined the low-key shooting process.

The most exciting scenes, featuring a love scene between Ge You and Carina Lau and a scene between Ge You with Feng Xiaogang, were left until the end of shooting. Thanks to the timely conclusion of the shooting, director Jiang can now feature in his wife's TV series "Jin Hun II" as a guest actor.

As was previously discovered by reporters, Chow Yun fat was the first member to leave the cast after completing his work in Guangzhou. Then the most important part of the film moved to Ge You. This was also the ending and was shot in Beijing. After finishing the scenes with Carina Lau and Feng Xiaogang, Ge You was very excited and stated that he wanted to continue the filming. He also managed to maintain his sense of humor at the end of a long day of shooting.

According to the producers, "Let The Bullets Fly" has already received some invitations from international film festivals. However, as it is considered director Jiang's first commercial work, they are concentrating on the domestic market. The film is scheduled to premiere on the National Day holiday this year.

In the past, director Jiang had a reputation for going over the scheduled filming time. He was determined to alter that impression as he became a commercial director. He adhered to the filming schedule stringently. Although the production was affected by the bad weather during shooting, the cast of "Let The Bullets Fly" did not go over the time schedule it was given and was finished on time.

Insiders said that Hong Kong-based Emperor Entertainment Group boss Yang Shoucheng sent a message of congratulations and joked that this proved that Jiang was no longer an unreliable director.

more stills of the cast incl. Liao Fan, Chen Kun, Chen Kun, Newcomer Wei Xiao, Hu Ming, Andy Lau double Du Yiheng, Hu Jun, Shao Bing

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [Movie] Let the Bullets Fly (2010)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:51:01 AM »
Chinese director Jiang Wen's new thriller "Let the Bullets Fly" has released stills featuring Miao Pu, one of the film's lead actresses.

According to previous reports, Miao Pu plays a fascinating character and has many scenes with lead actor Ge You. The stills show a lady in sad, silent contemplation. No further details were given regarding the story. However, Miao Pu's character is definitely not a tragic one, according to Sina.com.cn.

"Let the Bullets Fly" centers around a bandit gang from western China in the early 20th century.

A production manager said earlier that the movie contains elements of suspense and black humor.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
can't find the video!!

'Let the Bullets Fly' Releases Trailer at Cannes    
2010-05-19 14:14:37     CRIENGLISH.com      Web Editor: zhanglin

Chinese director Jiang Wen's latest gangster film "Let the Bullets Fly" has premiered its first trailer at the Cannes Film Festival, Sina.com.cn reports.

The trailer features the three lead actors - Jiang Wen, Ge You and Chow Yun-Fat. The combination of these acclaimed actors is regarded to be the film's main attraction.

Fierce gun battles, breathtaking chase scenes, and thrilling fights depicted in the trailer have impressed the audiences. The intimate scenes with Ge You and Carina Lau, as well as the half-naked clip of Bai Bing have also attracted interest from viewers.

It was reported the trailer was only made for the international market, with the Chinese version to be released next month.

Two posters of the film had been recently released only to receive mixed responses. Some felt the posters imitated the poster of the Michael Jackson documentary "This Is It", while others thought they were influenced by the "Kill Bill" films.

"Let the Bullets Fly" depicts a bandit gang from western China in the early 20th century and contains elements of suspense and black humor.

The movie is currently in post-production. A release date has yet to be announced.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 08:17:41 AM »
THE TRAILER!

Jiang Wen's 'Bullets' Set for Dec. 16     
2010-07-08 13:41:55     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

"Let the Bullets Fly", an all-star Chinese gangster film directed by Jiang Wen, will hit domestic cinemas on December 16, its investor Ma Ke has announced.

A trailer has premiered, showing box-office favorites Ge You and Chow Yun-Fat in a battle of wits during war-plagued 1920s China.

The film is about a confrontation between two gangs fighting for power in a remote town.

Other cast members include Hu Jun, Chen Kun, Carina Lau and Zhou Yun.

"Let the Bullets Fly" is among a long list of anticipated Chinese films set to jam-pack this year's New Year season. Other flicks include Zhang Yimou's "The Love of the Hawthorn Tree", Feng Xiaogang's "If You Are the One 2", Chen Kaige's "Orphan of Zhao", and Wong Kar-Wai's "The Grand Master".

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:43:24 AM »
Video Clip of 'Let the Bullets Fly' Released     
2010-10-12 11:19:21     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

A 3-minute video clip of director-actor Jiang Wen's "Let the Bullets Fly" (Rang Zidan Fei) has been released online, previewing its entire cast and crew.

According to the video, posted via M1905.com, the stars of the movie, including Chow Yun-Fat, Ge You, Carina Lau, Chen Kun, Hu Jun, Zhou Yun, Liao Fan and Jiang Wu, show the audience some behind-the-scene footage of the filming of the movie.

Director Feng Xiaogang also appears in the video, indicating that he has taken a role in the movie.

"Let the Bullets Fly" is due out in Chinese theaters on Dec. 16 during the New Year season. It will compete with a group of the big works such as Feng Xiaogang's "If You Are the One 2" (Fei Cheng Wu Rao 2) and Chen Kaige's "Sacrifice" (Zhao Shi Gu'er).

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 06:38:42 PM »
Looking DOPE!

New Posters Released for 'Let the Bullets Fly'     
2010-11-23 12:46:56     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Cui Chaoqun

New posters for the film "Let the Bullets Fly," (Rang Zi Dan Fei) directed by Jiang Wen, were released on November 22.

The posters feature the film's three leads - Jiang Wen, Chow Yun-Fat and Ge You. The posters depict Jiang Wen playing a gang boss, Chow Yun fat a bully and Ge You a fraud.

"Let the Bullets Fly" is about a gang of bandits from western China in the early 20th century and contains elements of suspense and black humor.

"Let the Bullets Fly" will be released in Chinese theaters on December 16 during the New Year holiday season. It will compete with a group of big productions such as Feng Xiaogang's "If You Are the One 2" (Fei Cheng Wu Rao 2) and Chen Kaige's "Sacrifice" (Zhao Shi Gu'er).

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 11:59:38 AM »
WHOA. must be a really good movie if Hollywood is biting it:

Jiang Wen to 'Let the Bullets Fly' in Hollywood     
2010-12-20 15:43:29     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

A major Hollywood studio has bought the rights to remake Jiang Wen's latest gangster movie, "Let the Bullets Fly" ("Rang Zidan Fei"), Chinese media reported Monday, December 20, 2010, following a record-setting opening weekend of the film.

"It's one of Hollywood's biggest companies," Yan Yunfei, the marketing director of the film, told xxcb.com.cn, but refused to give the company's name.

Jiang Wen has been invited to direct the remake, according to Yan.

"Let the Bullets Fly" is actor-turned-filmmaker Jiang Wen's fourth directorial work. The tensely-paced film revolves around a bloody battle of wits between a bandit and a gangster in a remote town set in 1920s China. Jiang Wen also stars in the film, along with Chow Yun-Fat, Ge You, Carina Lau, Chen Kun and Zhou Yun.

The film has won acclaims for its spellbinding story and entertaining dialogue. However, it has also attracted criticism for its violent scenes.

"Let the Bullets Fly" opened in the Chinese mainland with 13,000 screenings on December 16. Its opening midnight shows grossed at least one million yuan (US$150,000), a new midnight opening record for Chinese-language films.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 01:47:54 AM »
'Let the Bullets Fly' a Gift to the Audience     
2010-12-24 17:57:29     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Cui Chaoqun

An Mtime.com reporter interviewed Jiang Wen, director of "Let the Bullets Fly," which had a strong debut in China's New Year's box office season. [Photo: Mtime.com]

"'Let the Bullets Fly' is my gift to the audience", said Jiang Wen in his studio.

An Mtime.com reporter interviewed Jiang Wen, director of "Let the Bullets Fly," which had a strong debut in China's New Year's box office season.

The interview is as follows:

Reporter: What do you think of the artistic and commercial quality in China's movie market?

Jiang Wen: I don't know about the market, but in my opinion, filmmakers, including directors, actors and screenwriters, should concentrate on the work at hand, just like a craftsman. They would confuse themselves if their attention were divided. Investors, producers and publishing companies are in charge of the market. Everyone takes care of his business. For my previous movies, I did everything, and I was so tired; but this time producer Ma Ke helped me so much. I was able to concentrate on filming.

Reporter: As a product of the movie industry, do movies have to sacrifice their artistic value in order to be marketable?

Jiang Wen: I don't think so. Anything is just itself originally. When it enters the market, then it becomes a product. Take a table, for example: when a carpenter makes a table, he treats it like a work of art. He doesn't care how much it sells for on the market.

Reporter: How many movies do you have in your mind? Are you going to put them on-screen?

Jiang Wen: I have a dozen movies in my mind, but filming is not my entire life - I have other interests. Though a screenwriter has many stories to tell, I can make a film well only when I am in a good mood.

Reporter: Since you mentioned screenwriters, "Let the Bullets Fly" had more screenwriters than your other works. How do you control the work of the screenwriters to keep the unity of the film?

Jiang Wen: Nothing special. Just put a lot of time and effort into the script. An American screenwriter told me a complete script needs revising at least 16 times to make it natural.

Reporter: What did you mean when you said "Let the Bullets Fly" is close to the essence of a movie, and the "The Sun Also Rises" is close to the essence of life?

Jiang Wen: To me, "The Sun Also Rises" is a gift from God and "Let the Bullets Fly" is a gift to the audience.

Reporter: What do you think of the negative reviews "Let the Bullets Fly" has gotten?

Jiang Wen: I like to hear those reviews, but the thing is that people shouldn't make comments without careful consideration first. A rash comment is an act of irresponsibility.

Offline david260684

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
can;t wait to see this movie

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 07:32:42 AM »
^ 好睇 係呀!都唔錯

Wonder if Chow got nominated? lol

'Bullets' Leads Asian Film Awards Nominees     
2011-01-21 09:35:52     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

The Chinese blockbuster leads the race of the Fifth Asian Film Awards with six nominations, including best picture and best director.

Other nominees for best picture include fellow Chinese blockbuster "Aftershock", "Confessions" from Japan, "Peepli Live" from India, "Poetry" from South Korea, and "Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives" from Thailand, which was the big winner at the Cannes Film Festival last year.

Actress Sylvia Chang says she's impressed with the nominees. "All filmmakers work so hard in the field because we all have something that we want to say and express. How do you succeed? I say it's about honesty, originality and passion."

Jury President Yonfan agrees, and says it's a difficult job to pick just one winner in each category.

"I, along with all outstanding jury members, need to select the winners from these films with various cultures, techniques and the emotions. It's a huge responsibility. Hopefully, we won't disappoint you."

The results will be announced on March 21 in Hong Kong.

By Liu Yan

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 04:54:10 AM »
whoa my Honger homies loving it, gotta find a cam ver.

more Let Da Bullets Fly clip

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Speed - April