JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - What`s Your Secret

Author Topic: The 2006 World Cup Thread!!!  (Read 61187 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
The 2006 World Cup Thread!!!
« Reply #500 on: July 10, 2006, 06:20:02 AM »
Maybe he figured it was his last chance? :P

Offline dogme

• Member+
« Reply #501 on: July 10, 2006, 06:27:23 AM »
Finally, Azzuri take the WM-Cup na. Congratulation with them :D

For me, Germany win Portugal 3:1 that's pretty good. Farewell to KAHN, WERNZ  & FIGO

Offline taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #502 on: July 10, 2006, 06:50:21 AM »
Quote from: Ching1670

Now I know why Zindane need to head butt Materazzi...
That Materazzi dude just squeeze Zindane's nipple..what a fag

Materazzi is a gay big mouth!

I'm sure that many people would be bagging about Zidane's head-butting @$@%%$^ Materazzi :rocket:, but it's obvious that Italy's Team overall by far the Dirtiest Team this year :twisted: Also the elbow that Mcbride took.

Nonetheless to top it off with the World Cup trophy :evil:

Offline kaede

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #503 on: July 10, 2006, 07:01:54 AM »
I think Italy deserves the win.  Yes, Materazzi is an asshole for what he had done to Zidane, and it's sad to see Zidane ends his career in this way.  But I don't think Zidane's presence would have made a difference in the end.  I also think that the first penalty kick was a miss call.  I'm happy that Italy wins the champion but it's sad to see the game decided by PK and Zidane deserves a nice farewell from the football fans all over the world.

kappadapyon

« Reply #504 on: July 10, 2006, 07:34:30 AM »
I don't mind that it was decided by PK. It only goes to show how close in level both teams were.

(Considering that they had two extra periods, too.)

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #505 on: July 10, 2006, 09:48:15 AM »
Technically Zidane's red card was wrong. No one of the three judges on the field didn't see the incident. The game wasn't stopped. The fourth or fifth judge saw the incident on a screen and relying on that statement the head referee gave the red card to Zidane.

However, according the FIFA rules, they can't judge these kinds of things watching video footage.

It was a nice game though, and gotta congratulate Italy for a great play.
coot is ctz

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #506 on: July 10, 2006, 01:19:32 PM »
I don't get why so many people are defending Zidane. What he did still breaks the rules, and just isn't fair play..

Offline Ching1670

• Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
  • Member+
« Reply #507 on: July 10, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »
adidas Golden Ball winner....Zindane!
Congratulation!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 01:46:56 PM by Ching1670 »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #508 on: July 10, 2006, 02:00:02 PM »
Zidane just lacks experience!!!

Congratulations to Italy. Well deserved I thought. But I hope the clubs don't get off the hook because of this.

Offline smoothee

• old school lovin'
  • Member+
« Reply #509 on: July 10, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »
am i the only one who thought zidanes headbutt was hilarious? i mean.. if you take away all the: final game of world cup, zidanes last international game.. that shit is funny as hell.. materazzi was fully knocked out =] well anyways.. dont know much about soccer.. but i found it funny.. and it was a nice game

~ the official mikitty thread ~ the A.M.E [aya matsuura eden] ~ G.A.M official thread ~

~ join the wonky love crew ~ help us pimp up tanakacchi here ~

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #510 on: July 10, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »
Yeah to Zidane for winning the Golden Ball award.
Good choice people and Adidas!
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #511 on: July 10, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »
Yeah, I just watched the clip of the headbutt on YouTube. ROFL

kappadapyon

« Reply #512 on: July 10, 2006, 05:20:58 PM »
Quote from: ctz
Technically Zidane's red card was wrong.

Technical terms have very little to do with whether his card was right or wrong. What he did counted as an agression, and the cameras caught it. Any judge would've passed the same judgment after seeing the incident. It would've pissed me off that Zidane kept playing after headbutting another player in the chest, knowing that the cameras captured it.

Offline idiotboy

• day-to ja nai!
  • Member+
« Reply #513 on: July 10, 2006, 05:49:04 PM »
Quote from: kappadapyon
Technical terms have very little to do with whether his card was right or wrong. What he did counted as an agression, and the cameras caught it. Any judge would've passed the same judgment after seeing the incident. It would've pissed me off that Zidane kept playing after headbutting another player in the chest, knowing that the cameras captured it.

absolutely - and apparently, he was spotted by the fourth official (not the fifth official) who is allowed to inform the ref (unlike the fifth, who is only allowed to comment if asked by the ref) - so it was technically right as well as being just. still: to piss off Zidane, Materazzi must have said something truly disgusting ;)

Offline chocolate

• Covered Rika
  • Member+
« Reply #514 on: July 10, 2006, 05:55:08 PM »
Today Brazil's tv-channel Globo had an expert on the program who can read lips . He said that Materazzi had called Zidane's sister prostitute and that Zidane is terrorist as he is originally from Algeria. It may have affected somehow. :rolleyes:

Offline Ericks

• Mr. Doctor Love
  • Member+
« Reply #515 on: July 10, 2006, 06:07:46 PM »
Some of these gifs are hilarious :lol:

http://futebolez.blogs.sapo.pt/
お願い ミスター・ドクター・ラブ

kappadapyon

« Reply #516 on: July 10, 2006, 06:48:11 PM »
Quote from: idiotboy
still: to piss off Zidane, Materazzi must have said something truly disgusting ;)

In which case, the correct thing was to walk away anyway. :p

There's been conjecturing about what Materazzi said to Zidane since yesterday in here. :doh:

Haha, those gifs are the best. XD I guess Zidane's headbutt is going to be in the anals of soccer history as an infamous moment.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 06:54:28 PM by kappadapyon »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #517 on: July 10, 2006, 07:05:54 PM »
Sources in France say it is believed Materazzi insulted Zidane's mother

Ah nothing cuts deeper or leaves a greater wound to the human soul than the old 'your momma' putdown.

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
« Reply #518 on: July 10, 2006, 08:39:39 PM »
I think Zidane knows very well that it's an international game, that it's his last game, what he did was wrong etc... He's been playing so long. He cannot possibly NOT know all this.

I'm not condoning his actions, but I think that irregardless of whether he's a player on the pitch, captain of the team, talisman of the French team and hence expected to be disciplined and whatever, he's still human. If Materazzi was really being an ass and really ragging on him in a really bad way, I can completely understand why Zidane reacted the way he did. Few can actually walk away from insults hailed on them by opponents without snapping, especially when they are already under the heavy scrutiny of others while bearing a lot of pressure on their shoulders to perform up to and beyond people's expectations.

But really. This is all conjecture at this point in time. Nobody really knows for sure as to what it was that Materazzi said that caused Zidane to explode and the both of them are keeping quiet about it so... *shrug* I'm just sad that because of it he missed out on the rest of the game that's all. :(

That said, I did find it highly amusing that Zizou chose to use his head and not his fists. XDDD

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #519 on: July 10, 2006, 08:45:25 PM »
Quote from: suki*

That said, I did find it highly amusing that Zizou chose to use his head and not his fists. XDDD

Ahaha yeah, Zidane invented a new fight art, the ZEE-ZHOU.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - What`s Your Secret