JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Weekend Lovers

Author Topic: The 2006 World Cup Thread!!!  (Read 61176 times)

Offline Ericks

• Mr. Doctor Love
  • Member+
The 2006 World Cup Thread!!!
« Reply #520 on: July 10, 2006, 08:47:29 PM »
They've just been talking about it on the news and supposedly Materazzi said something about Zidane's mother, calling her a whore or something along those lines. It just so happens that Zidane's mum is quite ill at the moment and infact went to hospital the morning of the final so it wasn't the best thing to say to Zidane.
お願い ミスター・ドクター・ラブ

kappadapyon

« Reply #521 on: July 10, 2006, 09:05:13 PM »
The sad thing here is that everything is on Materazzi's side right now. "Supposedly" doesn't account for "fact", and for all we know he might've asked Zidane "hey shorty, how's the weather down there". The day players start needing to wear mics in order to know who pissed the other off is indeed a sad one.

Yes, Zidane is human, and to lose your temper is equally human. I respect the guy for his long (and fruitful) career. I'm only angry that his retiring game ended up in the locker rooms because of a second of anger: it put a dent on what could have otherwise been a great game.

Offline Ericks

• Mr. Doctor Love
  • Member+
« Reply #522 on: July 10, 2006, 09:35:10 PM »
Unless you're there at the time and hear it straight from the horses mouth then it's always going to be a supposedly but that's just what the Italian players have been saying happened and I see no reason why they would lie about something their own team mate said. They could of course exagerate it but I think we all know whatever was said it wasn't exactly anything too nice if it made Zidane react like that.
お願い ミスター・ドクター・ラブ

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #523 on: July 10, 2006, 10:08:25 PM »
it's one of those things that just happens sometimes in the heat of the moment. i'm sure at the time for zizou nothing else mattered and he just wanted to head materazzi as hard as he could. oh well, it certainly will not taint his career in any way but that moment will certainly live on in years to come and mentioned in the same way as maradona's "hand of god", baggio's penalty miss and things like that..

i'm just sad that paolo maldini managed to miss lifting the cup, or any other cup for that matter, for italy after such an illustrious career.. :(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:11:14 PM by aimaime »

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #524 on: July 11, 2006, 02:10:41 AM »
Quote from: Tettekete
Ahaha yeah, Zidane invented a new fight art, the ZEE-ZHOU.

^ HAHA!!

yeah, just saw a gif on the head butt.. that guy deserved it... childish move though, from both guys

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #525 on: July 11, 2006, 02:40:56 AM »
Quote from: .:meowchi:.
yeah, just saw a gif on the head butt.. that guy deserved it...

No one but Zidane and him will ever know what really went on, so who's to say he deserved it? O_o

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Tom Green

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #526 on: July 11, 2006, 06:22:09 AM »
Here is a video of the of the Celebrations in Peg city on Corydon Ave.  

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #527 on: July 11, 2006, 05:02:01 PM »
"Materazzi, 32, told Gazetta dello Sport: 'I held his shirt for a few seconds only, then he turned to me and talked to me, jeering.

'He looked at me with a huge arrogance and said, `If you really want my shirt I'll give it to you afterwards'. I replied with an insult, that's true.'

Materazzi has not elaborated on what he did say, but one report suggested he responded with: `I'd rather take the shirt off your wife'.

He has denied, however, some of the more vile insults referring to his wife or sister or calling him a terrorist.

He added: 'For me the mother is sacred, you know that.'"

quoted from http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373706&cc=5739

so then it's not a "your momma" insult... wonder what it could be...

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #528 on: July 11, 2006, 05:30:03 PM »
"Zizou! Headbutt match! You're first!"

And he fell for that :(
coot is ctz

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #529 on: July 11, 2006, 07:25:26 PM »
I watched the whole game and I almost missed it while I was talking to someone on MSN. I didn't know what was going on until I saw the replay, and that was a big hit. Surprised that the guy got back up.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #530 on: July 11, 2006, 07:57:33 PM »
The fact is Materazzi is well known for being a butcher during the "calcio italiano".

He will deny his words but Zidane is not the guy to act violently for nothing (by the way, remember Zidane reading the text against racism before one match and keep in mind that he is from Algeria), so there was some hard talking and the final + stress made Zidane acts this way.

If you watch carefully the sequence in slow, you'll see Zidane walking away with a smile (like "well, let's forget this and leave me alone") after having Materazzi on his shoulders and arms... and as he's away, Materazzi talks a little more, it's this sentence that made Zidane acting.

So, this stuff just reveals the evidence : football is full of racism and verbal violence. And I'm sure that the italian's words were very very sin... I just hope this story will help to fight this more.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #531 on: July 11, 2006, 08:22:15 PM »
Quote from: aimaime
"Materazzi, 32, told Gazetta dello Sport: 'I held his shirt for a few seconds only, then he turned to me and talked to me, jeering.

'He looked at me with a huge arrogance and said, `If you really want my shirt I'll give it to you afterwards'. I replied with an insult, that's true.'

Materazzi has not elaborated on what he did say, but one report suggested he responded with: `I'd rather take the shirt off your wife'.

He has denied, however, some of the more vile insults referring to his wife or sister or calling him a terrorist.

He added: 'For me the mother is sacred, you know that.'"

quoted from http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373706&cc=5739

so then it's not a "your momma" insult... wonder what it could be...

i bet this is all lies, we all know the reputation of italian players......(especially Lazio Rome)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2006, 07:45:45 AM »
Yeah!! I think the way the Italian (Materazzi?) flopped like that, you really wonder. A headbutt :evil: from that distance would make u go "oof! u biotch" not flop like a lil fishy. Zidane had been draped by the Italian defender (their captain) like a coat, dude was pretty pissed after his shoulder was hurt.

Despite all that Zidane was like a magician with the ball. Congrats on his Golden Balls.

Quote from: Tom Green
Here is a video of the of the Celebrations in Peg city on Corydon Ave.  

Wow! It was a similar scene in Little Italy in E-town, or well - the Italian bakery in the middle of Chinatown XDD

I like the story, German police: 9000 Arrests figure 'vanishingly small' :lol:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5772758

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #533 on: July 12, 2006, 07:53:31 AM »
Pretty smart tactic on the Italian player's part to provoke the reaction really...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #534 on: July 12, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »
Quote from: Asmodai
Pretty smart tactic on the Italian player's part to provoke the reaction really...

Unfortunately, this seems to be the way of the modern football world. Dirty tactics such as diving and getting opposing players angry enough to warrant a red card can be seen in some countries (not naming any names eh Portugal?) as a smart tactic, rather than the cheap desperate act it really is. FIFA should take action now and get rules imposed that will punish players for diving. Banning players over a certain period of time, and giving referees more power to immediately punish players for using such tactics will soon teach players a lesson and hopefully restore some beauty to the beautiful game.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #535 on: July 12, 2006, 01:34:36 PM »
Quote from: Wonderboy
stuff about zidane

He's also the same person who headbutted a player before this incident.

Not really on either side, but I'm sick of people thinking Zidane didn't have any part in it. Also, all of what you said is just speculation, just like most people who admonish what Materazzi. No one really knows what went on, both of them could be fucking liars for all you know.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #536 on: July 12, 2006, 03:13:29 PM »
Zidane is going to set comments about the incident today.

Finally the truth? :D
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #537 on: July 12, 2006, 03:24:15 PM »
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #538 on: July 12, 2006, 04:02:16 PM »
Quote from: Maliciel
Not really on either side, but I'm sick of people thinking Zidane didn't have any part in it. Also, all of what you said is just speculation, just like most people who admonish what Materazzi. No one really knows what went on, both of them could be fucking liars for all you know.

Exactly!

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #539 on: July 12, 2006, 07:18:26 PM »
Italian players and liga are just biatchs :P
(except Cannavaro and Buffon, i like those twos)

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Weekend Lovers