JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Easy Breezy

Author Topic: How Long Does Forever Last? - Chapter 19 (AtsuMina & KojiYuu) 10/09/2015  (Read 71020 times)

Offline ubulubulbilu

• Member+
  • I only read ATSUMINA fanfic XD
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [UPDATED!!! Chapter 17 - 06/07/2014]
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Finally u update this, but pls put some more dialogue, sometimes it's just too silent. But again, I love ur fanfic very much. Arigatou.
Update it more next time :D

Offline hyoyoung

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 17 - 06/07/2014]
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2014, 05:51:10 AM »
one of the bests!
All is good about this fanfic, thank you for the update! I didnt happen to see until now.
I always like when the worse happens, and I hope it happens here  :D

Offline Saint0angel

• ecchi
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2015, 12:52:53 AM »
Hope you update soon  :)

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »
18 – Untold Scandals

I don’t need to apologise for my feelings. My feelings are rea. I am allowed to feel my feelings. Even if those feelings are nothing but disappointment.

Yet, why do I feel guilty?

Initially, I was so happy to hear about my nomination. However, sitting here as everyone on set talks about the recent announcement, I wonder if Minami had heard the news. I wonder how she reacted. I wonder if she is thinking of me. Again, I realise, only Minami’s opinion truly matters to me.

“Congratulations.”

I look up and see Mizuki in front of me.

“Same to you.” I say.

She takes a seatt next to me and we both silently watch as the staff continues to flock together, tweeting their joy.

“You seem rather excited about your nominations.”

I know she is being sarcastic and I don’t have an answer.

“How did you feel when you heard the nominations?” I ask instead.

“Excited. Scared. Honoured. It’s like; finally, I reached a point in my life where I can be proud of myself. But, I’m terrified at the same time. What if I let myself get carried away, what if this is it? I can’t let my guard down.”

I look at Mizuki. I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt that way. Excitedly frightened. Nervous yet impatient, looking forward to the next obstacles and figuring out how to conquer them. When was it that I hit this plateau of passion?

“It just means we need to work harder than before.”

Mizuki turns to me and I see the corner of her lips carefully rise. “You’re right.”

Again silence shrouds us, but it is a comfortable veil. It’s strange to think, truth could so easily bond enemies.

“I’m leaving early.” Mizuki says after a few moments. “I have a show to appear on.”

I flash of jealousy goes through me. I remember the time when I used to frequently be sent love-calls to appear on a variety of programmes. Now, my number has dwindled to about 3 schedules a week. The rest of the time is taken up by filming. I don’t miss being exhausted every day but I enjoyed meeting other people, a change of environment. It's strange, because when I was younger, I used to dread appearing on those shows. But now when I think about it, they were one of the happiest times, the place where I made most memories with my members. Although I love acting, it’s hard being in the same studio for most of my time. That’s probably why I chose to graduate. I’m a bird that has to keep migrating.

Mizuki begins to leave and I find myself calling out her name.

“Mizuki.”

She stops, gazing at me.

“It’s really good to talk to you. I miss it.”

It’s not well lit where we are, but I think I see Mizuki’s cheeks darken with a blush. Her eyes dart down, and before she leaves, she nods. A quiet emotion takes me. It’s a melancholic feeling. It reminds me back of our school days, when Mizuki used to be shy and quiet. I used to be the same. Now, we are all grown up and have reached a place where we can be awarded for our talent and skills. It’s astounding and just a bit nerve-wracking. Time is flying by frighteningly quickly.

Suddenly my thoughts go back to Minami, where most of my memories reside. I met Minami when I was 14, and now at 22, I can’t imagine my life without her. Unlike Mizuki, and unlike many of the people I’ve met along the path called life, there has only been one person who has completely turned my world around. Minami keeps me spinning on my axis, unpredictably making me love her and hate her and everything in between. We’ve shared dreams and thoughts that I have never told anyone else. We are strong in front of others but in front of each other, we cry, letting our faces contort with our pain and anguish. We can be ourselves and there is no worry.

Other memories are foggy to me, but everything with Minami is clear and vivid. Things like songs, sights and notes, which may seem insignificant to others, becomes treasures that I cherish in my heart. In her presence, colours seem brighter, but her absence is more noticeable than anything else. Before, manga did not seem like anything I would like, but when she spoke about each character, each story, it brought it to life. There wasn’t a single boring moment with Minami. Even when we were just sitting silently, each reading manga in silence, it was comfortable, never boring.

First, before anything else, Minami is my best friend. That single person who I could share anything with. It just so happens, we fell in love. If something wonderful happens, Minami is the first person I want to tell, sharing the excitement. It’s just such a shame that I can’t even speak to her. No one told me it was going to be this hard to be angry at your soul mate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alone. I think that’s the most horrible word in any language. That is what I am, as I sit in Mii-chan’s living room. Mii-chan left for her schedule while I had the morning off. As I sit, I think about what she said.

I turned to Mii-chan, still in disbelief.

“What?” she asked, worried about me again.

“I’ve been nominated for a Jemmy!” I exclaimed. “Best Supporting Actress!”

“Yuko!” Mii-chan cheered, grabbing me into a ferocious embrace that nearly crushed my bones. “Congratulations!”

Suddenly Mii-chan’s smile diminished. She stared at me with a rare serious expression.   

“Yuko you can’t tell anyone.”

I couldn’t believe my ears. Mii-chan was suggesting to keep what Hayami did to me a secret, even after everything. All the support she had offered was taken away in a second and I have never felt so betrayed. However, even without her saying, I knew what she meant. 

“If you tell anyone and it goes public, the scandal can be twisted so it damages your reputation and your nomination might be withdrawn.” Mii-chan explained.

As twisted as it was, that was a reality. That’s how much reputation and the public eye matters, especially in this current age. In this society, even if you did nothing, even if it was not your fault, once enveloped in a scandal, especially one involving romance, sex, or harassment, then it’s over. It’s awful but that is our industry, a jungle that we have to try to survive in.

“What should I do?” I said, feeling the despair slowly creep back up.

“Do you think you can wait until the end of the ceremony?” Mii-chan wondered.

“That’s a month away.”

“Okay. We are going to need to take extra precautions. Call me any time you feel troubled no matter what. And I think maybe we should tell your manager. With a clear explanation, she will probably understand. But make sure it doesn’t get to Akimoto-sensei or anyone from the press. You know how they are.”

Mii-chan knew about the harshness of idol life. Her hair was now a nice styled bob, different from that crew-cut she had earlier in the year. I still remembered watching that video and crying with my fellow members.

However, I still felt frustrated at the situation. What was the most spectacular moment in my career is tarnished by Hayami. I hate how he has been affecting my life and wellbeing, even without being present.

“Yuko, do you think you can do this?” Mii-chan checked. “If not, then we can go with the original plan and reveal Hayami as the sleaze-bag he really is..”

“No. Let’s hide it for now. I can be strong. But if he does something again, then that’s it.”

Mii-chan had agreed with my decision and we put the topic aside and celebrated my nomination that night. However, when I think of that moment, I can feel my body tremble uncontrollably. It’s horrid. I thought I was one of the one’s who could hide her emotions like a deck of cards, but I guess I am more sensitive that I thought. I feel weak and defenceless.

Nevertheless, I can prove to myself I am strong. It’s just until the ceremony and then I can expose Hayami to be the true monster that he is. I can do this. You can do it Yuko. You can win.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's early evening when I return home. Far earlier than usual, but I feel more tired. After all the congratulations and thanking everyone, my body is more fatigued than a full day of shooting. I’m so exhausted, I collapse on the sofa. With my last strength, I reach for the remote and turn on the television.

Suddenly, I find myself face to face with Minami. An even tinier version. Through the screen, Minami smiles at me as she hosts Shin Domoto Kyoudai. She stares at me with a look that can mean anything.

“So you must have heard about the Jemmy news. Both Oshima Yuko and Maeda Atsuko have been nominated. It’s amazing that both your teammate and former teammate have come this far.”

“It definitely is.” Minami agrees, professionally.

“Do you have any words for them? They might be watching.”

Minami laughs, not thinking that either of us would be watching. Even I find this coincidence ridiculous. However, I am sitting up straight, my fatigue vanished. I gaze at the screen, like how I stared at Minami last night – without her knowing. 

Minami first addresses Yuko. “Yuko, even though you’re still performing with AKB, you successfully accomplished not many can do. I’m sure you’ll do your best.”

She beams at the camera, but then her smile disappears. Minami pauses, her gaze towards, faltering. My heart beats roughly against my ribcage. Even through the television, I can see her inhale a trembling breathe. She is nervous. I don’t know why. Is she bracing herself to address me? Is it that hard to talk to me, even when I’m not there? It is something simple, but it still hurts.

Anger bursts through me like a furious wasp, and I am about to turn off the TV. Suddenly, there’s a change. I stare at the screen, Minami staring straight back. I’ve seen that look before, but never on a live broadcast. It’s an expression that I’ve only seen before a performance or when she speaks with me. A look of pure determination and burning passion that could barely be contained, so much so that even her eyes sparkle. It’s not often you can pinpoint the exact moment a person falls in love with another, but I imagine that the first time I saw that expression, was the first time that made my heart skip a beat.

“Atsuko.”

My heart skips a beat again. Minami never refers to me by my full name on live television. That’s what keeps our reality and our idol personas separate. However, it feels as though Minami is in the room, her presence filling my senses.

“I’m sincerely happy for you.”

All of a sudden, with her words alone, a blossom of happiness blooms inside me. Minami smiles. Another feature of hers that I fell in love with.

“Let’s talk tonight.”

I stare at my phone. My message stares at me.

Can we talk?

There are no new messages underneath. I put my phone on the dressing table. Recently, a storm has made its home in my heart. However, I’m tired of waiting for Haruna to answer. When someone doesn’t let you in, eventually you stop knocking.

Suddenly, someone does knock on my door, who I’m sure is not Haruna.

“Yuko, are you ready?”

“Yes, I’ll be right out.”

Quickly, I get up. However, due to my haste, I trip and hit the table, shaking everything on the dresser. I hiss, rubbing my knee to lessen the sharp pain. Suddenly I hear something hit the floor which must have fallen from behind the mirror. A container rolls onto the floor, rattling until it taps my shoe, like a sign. Picking it up, I realise that inside are tablets and when I turn it over, I see it has Hayami’s name on the label. Is he sick? My heart starts pumping.

“Olanzapine?” I read aloud.

Using my phone, with my curious personality intent on finding dirt on my tormentor, I check for the details of fluoxetine. I read the list of the drug’s indications.

Schizophrenia.
Mania.
Agitated and disturbed behaviour.
Bipolar disease.

“Yuko, we need you on set now.”

I am shaken. Quickly I lock my phone and without thinking, throw the container into my bag. As I am heading towards the set, I see Hayami preparing for our short scene together. When he sees me, he smiles, as if nothing has happened between us. I find myself returning the smile, kindly reciprocating the wave. I realise, I actually am happy. There was definitely a reason for my glee.

I’ve hit the jackpot.

Offline yamanbaaaa

« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2015, 01:09:56 PM »
Thank you for updating this.  :twothumbs
This is one of my favorite fanfics, so i'm really happy that you updated
I'm really excited to see what will happen next.  :D
Keep up the good work~  :cow: :cow:

Offline ChibiRine

• 50% lurker; 40% reader; 10% writer. I'll be back!
  • Member+
  • KojiYuu/FuuMiru/SayaMilky (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2015, 01:24:58 PM »
Aha! You finally updated! I really wish KojiYuu will be okay. Thanks for the update!  :twothumbs

油断した私がハートときめかせたせいねその目に見つめられポーっとしてしまった

君を見つけたらどんな言葉を掛ければいい?その姿 見とれて僕はきっと立ち尽くす人混みと喧噪の隙間愛する人と出逢えたことだけでしあわせになる

スキャンダラスに生きて行こうそれが私たちの生きる道やりたいことやって行こう一度の人生だ

For more gayness and sweetness, visit the FuuMiru Thread and KojiYuu Thread!

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 18 - 01/09/2015]
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2015, 08:36:05 AM »
Would Minami and Atsuko be able to get together at last?

What's going to happen next?

Would Mizuki come between them again?

Can't wait to find out

Thank you for the update

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2015, 01:07:26 AM »
oh !! yes!
New chapter!! thanks a lot!!

Offline NyanNekkoNyan

• kiichan desu! yoroshiku!
  • Yuko-mama is busy. Haruna-mama is busy. Sad life.
« Reply #188 on: September 06, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »
 THIS!  :panic: :panic: You finally updated this!! *throws confetti*   :gmon flowers:

I thought you'll gonna leave this hanging, but as you said you will not abandon this fic so i hold onto that promise. Even though its been a year, and i already forgot to check if there is an update to the point that it got completely out of my mind, thanks to my old SD card for remembering me this story  :mon sweat: ehehe sorry.   :kneelbow:

Soooooo.. Yo! I'm one of your silent readers silently lurking and reading this fic.. (i've started to follow this when it's already at the 9th chapter) but hey i've finally made an account now so i must leave my piled up thoughts and opinions for this story throughout these years.

First of all, you're such an amazing writer with such an amazing style of writing. Seriously, it was like the scenes where really happening right before my eyes every time i am reading this, like i am watching them live but they're not seeing me. Another is, I can feel too what they are feeling so when they are heartbroken, so am i too. Plus, add those detailed narration.

Secondly, this is a one of a kind angsty fic. Sad and dramatic stories are what i like the most but.. HELL YEH! this story takes on another level!  :wahaha: :on GJ: There are no roller coaster feeling because the tension on the story already build up since the beginning.. it is straight to the point. It was like fluff is not allowed, so.. GIVE THE CHARACTERS ALL THE SADNESS AND PROBLEMS OF THIS WORLD!! *insert evilish laughs here*  :mikilaugh:

Third, THE CHARACTERS!!! They are the one who's making me swallowed into frustrations.. not the story itself! (did i make any sense in that statement? Lol)
so this is the time i am finally making the character's evaluation hahaha  :shakeit:

I'll start with AtsuMina 
 They are really the 'Baka' couple. They are just mis-understanding each other and the root problem of that is because they are lacking on the communication department. There's Acchan thinking to herself that Takamina doesn't love her as much as she loves her, then the same thinking with Takamina. REALLY AN IDIOT COUPLE!! And please Acchan, don't pity on yourself just because you think you're the weaker between you two. Remember that Takamina has her weaknest too and she's just waiting for you to confide herself. Remember too that every couple is made to be balance so there will be a reversal of roles every now and then. And please become reasonable every time you'll get angry, same with Takamina.  *pats both of them on the head*
And one thing, unlike the another couple, they are the one who is sure deeply both  in their heart that they truly love each other, no second thoughts.. but they're just having a problem regarding to expressing it. But as i read from the latest update, i think they will finally have a perfect time to talk with each other, express what they truly feel and finally slowly work up the mess. But it's too early to make conclusions so I'll just going to wait for the update nyaaaaa~  :mon hanky:

As of the KojiYuu, they are really in a complete mess. A REALLY COMPLETE MESS~  :twisted: :shakeit:
Honestly, Kojiyuu is my main OTP so i'm truly affected with their situation. As for this couple, they are more 'Baka' than the first one. Their stupidity is somehow on the high level, and add the pride overflowing from both of them. They are lacking some communication too and the trust issues.. oooohh the trust issues tsk tsk!
Yuko says that she loves Haruna so much but how can she say that when trusting her is so hard for her to do. They are a couple so confiding and sharing their worries and secrets is a must. If she only confess to Haruna what happened, then there's no problem.. but if that happens, there will be no more angst! And we came here for the angst!! Right?  :cow:  So the author didn't do that and instead make their life a mess.
Lol Melon-san was like: FEED THEM THE ANGST! ANGST! ANGST!  :wahaha: (peace yow author! XD)
On the other hand, because Yuko is the one who didn't give her trust first.. so at the end she finally got a taste of her own medicine by Haruna now not trusting her back. But as the story progress, i kinda hate Haruna here (don't get me wrong coz I'm a Kojiharu oshi). 'What's with that pride huh?' 'Can that make your relationship better?' --> I wanna ask those questions to her.  I hate it when she doesn't let Yuko even explain herself.  :mon fire: She(Haruna) deserves all the explanation but she, herself, keeping it away from her. Yuko is now giving the trust to her but it is all too late. I'm really pulling up my hair because of how troubled they are now. They are like the most complicated and as of the latest update, i can't see any progress with their relationship (BECAUSE PRIDE IS GETTING ON THEIR WAY!! AAAAHHHH!). But I guess that "Can we talk" is from Haruna, right? right??  :mon cry:
Another thing. For me.. I think Haruna still loves Yuko with all her heart. She's not indecisive. She's just confused with what she feels towards Takamina. Even though she's always saying that they are not so much alike besides their height, she sees Yuko at Takamina at their early days. A girl who makes her laugh, who makes her happy in just simple things, who makes her world bright, who gives her some thoughtful advices.. and lastly, the girl who she can trust and talk with all her thoughts and problems. She's just longing for Yuko, so much that those longings are redirected to her closest friend, which is Takamina.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! *scream like a mad woman*  SOOOOOOO COMPLICATED!!  :err: :frustrated:

But I'm still hoping the best for this couple, and for the AtsuMina too.

Ah! Btw.. how dare you to make me get angry to a hot guy like Hayami! I'm really cursing him every time he will appear at the story. I reallyyyyyy hate him!  :on voodoo:
And about Mizuki.. my radar sense something from her. Despite my wants for them to clean their mess, somehow i want some AcchanXMizuki.. can i have it in the near future? ehehe  :mon misch:

Uwah! I got carried away and didn't notice that It already turns out as a long comment.. gomen. Please bear with my nonsense outburst.. I just get excited because you finally updated! Wieeeehhhh!

So.. update this please! And i hope some progress, a good progress to my dearest Kojiyuu at the next update.  :mon hanky: Thank you and Good job!  :mon thumb:

P.S. It feels like i wrote a short one-shot fic hahaha

P.P.S.  I read the prologue again.. and shit! who are those two??! :yuki: i completely forgotten about that!!

“As far as Yuko is concerned, the ‘you’ in ‘no one but you’ refers to me” - 小嶋陽菜

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 19 -10/09/2015]
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2015, 12:11:26 AM »
@yamanbaaaa: Thank you! It's always blows my mind when someone says my fic is their favourite. I can't imagine being someone's favourite haha. But I love it  XD So, please enjoy and keep the comments coming  :D

@ChibiRine: Yeah~ After long I updated. Terrible me for taking so long. But thank you for taking your time to read, comments like yours give me such motivation. Keep it up  :P

@cisda83: Ohhhh~ Who knows (except from me XD) Hopefully this chapter will answer some of your questions. Enjoy!

@Minami-chan: You're welcome! And thank you for reading and actually sticking with this story despite me rarely updating haha

@NyanNekkoNyan: Oh my gosh! Well I should give you an official welcome!  :welcome Thank you for your attention and love! Your comment really made my day, I loved reading it  :D One on the things I wonder is about my writing style, and if I go into too much detail, like with the narration and stuff. But in my head it's like a play or tv scene, so I'm glad you like the style and that you see it that way too haha. I have to say, I'm quite happy in making you feel all those emotions  :lol:. Keep it up and I'll enjoy reading your next comment (or short fanfic  :P:twothumbs

19 – The Jemmys

When the show finishes, I head to my dressing room, bidding everyone a goodnight. My steps are light. I feel elevated. I don’t know if Atsuko saw the message, or even understood what I meant, but hopefully she will be at home waiting for me. Then, when I arrive, we can finally lay everything on the table and talk.

As soon as I close the door, someone suddenly opens it. I am surprised to see it is Itaki Mizuki. Without a word, she closes the door behind her and looks at me. Itaki-san stares, analysing me. Her gaze is so intent and strong that I feel nervous. From the interview, I already know she’s intelligent, well-spoken and logical. However, unlike in the interview, right here she doesn’t seem as friendly. With her straight stance and forward expression, I can tell she’s serious. Nevertheless, I can’t imagine what she’s here to talk to me about, especially to me. 

“I’m going to be blunt.” Itaki-san’s soft voice says. “Are you in a relationship with Atsuko?”

Instantly, my heart jumps and my body turns cold. Fear takes me so quickly I can’t breathe. What did she mean? Did Atsuko say something to her last night? Was she someone in Atsuko’s life for her even to divulge such information? If she is, why have I never heard of her? And who was she to call Atsuko, ‘Atsuko’? I thought only I addressed her by her true name.

“I know what you’re thinking.” Itaki-san suddenly says. “And no, Atsuko did not say anything.”

There’s a touch of relief. But not enough for me to feel less tense. I am still speech impaired.

“I could practically see the hearts you were shooting from your eyes. Even if it’s through a camera, you should try to make it less obvious to the people actually sitting next to you.”

I begin to sweat. If Itaki-san could decipher our relationship from that statement, even though I addressed both Yuko and Atsuko, then who else could draw similar conclusions? I can’t even begin to imagine the consequences of my thoughtless actions. I could just kick myself. I need to fix this.

“What do you want?” I demand.

Itaki-san’s gaze changes and suddenly she’s laughing. It’s like she’s mocking me. I’ve never felt this vulnerable and ridiculed, even during my middle school days. It’s humiliating. At this point I decide I really don’t like her.

“Don’t look so scared. I don’t want anything and I’m not going to tell anyone.”

She says that, but it doesn’t reassure me anymore than before.

“But you can answer a few of my questions.” she states. My eyes automatically narrow in suspicion. “For example, how long have you two been seeing each other?”

This is not the first time a stranger has asked me a personal question. However, I’ve never felt this invaded. Maybe it’s because this is the first time someone who I didn’t know, was asking about mine and Atsuko’s relationship. It is too close for comfort.

“You don’t have to answer.” Itaki says. “I’m just curious. But let me give you a piece of advice about dear Atsuko.”

I forgive a lot, but I never forget what’s been said or done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m not good at relationships. From my first relationship in middle school, to all the ones to come after, they never lasted more than a few months. I always found flaws, sometimes in others, but mostly in myself. I magically foresee the ending of each relationship and then I create the problem to end it. To save myself, I ended up alone.

It wasn’t until I met Yuko that that changed. I realised that those relationships weren’t a waste of time. They taught me what I wanted, and what I didn’t want. Then, when my flaws revealed themselves, Yuko opened me further to see how much more of me poured out, how much more she could love, faults and all. However, at the beginning, even though we understood each other to hold deep feelings for each other, I was still hesitant in becoming officially. Being officially held so much burden. What if I predicted the end again, and then I was the one who made Yuko not love me anymore. How could I live with myself? So even though she pursued, I withdrew. It wasn’t until after years of chasing, and growing love, I jumped into the depths of unpredictability, with Yuko holding my hand. Since then, I’ve been trying to stay out of trouble, to not let myself think too much. However, there’s always a war in my mind between my logic and instinct. My instinct is to run away, while my logic tells me to stay and face my fears.

However, it seems my fears have been fulfilled because I’ve self-destructed another relationship.

I stare at the text message.

‘Can we talk?’

I think I’ve been staring at the message for the last half hour, instead of getting ready for Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku. My thumb hovers over the keypad but no words form. I want to talk. I want to talk so bad. However, why will my mind not put it down into words?

Yuko was one of the people who I could endlessly talk to or sit in comfortable silence. She is one of those people who make conversation easy. However, even with her not here, I can’t talk to her. I know what the main thing that’s stopping me from replying. Again, it’s my damn fear. I don’t know what Yuko wants to talk about but I’m scared. I’m terrified because Yuko means more to me than any other person. She is everything I think about and everything I want. What if she truly wants to end things? I brought this upon myself but I don’t want us to end. It’s too upsetting to even think about.

But then again, this could be a sign of hope. If Yuko took the time to message me, maybe she does miss me. What if Yuko wants to talk to sorts things out? I haven’t seen her in 48 hours and already I’m having withdrawal symptoms. I miss her so much I can’t focus. People get addicted to things that take away the pain. Yuko is my drug and her love fills my veins. I just want to consume her until I am overwhelmed with just Yuko, until I am drowning in her essence, so deep that I can’t see or feel anything else but her. She’s the one who makes me the happiest person, but she is the one who huts me the most. If I were to write this in a text message, would she understand? Would she feel the same way? If I told her everything, how I really felt, would it ruin everything? Can she save me from this fear?

People always say that in a relationship, there’s always a person that loves more. I know people would assume Yuko loved me more, but I think it’s the other way round. I’m sure Yuko isn’t suffering as much as I am. Like I said, she’s independent and strong, unlike me. I’m insecure and infinitely selfish. It’s just that Yuko’s brightness outshone my darkness. Now with her gone, anyone could see the shadows that hover over me. And no one knows my darkness more than me.

Maybe… Maybe I should just reply. I should just take the plunge again. Who cares if it ends up being the end? It will be better than always floating in limbo. I can’t be immature about this. I need to grow. Just because she kissed someone else, doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. I know I love Yuko to the moon and back. And if she were to ask, I would go further. The most important thing is to give someone your attention. So after the show I’m going to reply and we are going to set a time and date, and we are going to meet and I’m going to give her my full and undivided attention.

When I come to this decision, I close my eyes. Like this, I take a deep breath. Like this, it seems like nothing has changed at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People’s minds change like the weather. It is unpredictable.

When I arrive home, I am nervous. Well, nervous is putting it lightly. Very lightly. It’s strange, when I left, I missed home. Yet now that I’m here, I don’t want to step inside.

However, I need to do this. I’ve started this and I need to finish it.

I open the door and instantly I know Atsuko is home. I easily spot her shoes and her coat. My heart pulses quickly and heat rises to my face and rushes to my hands. I’m sure Atsuko heard me come in but she doesn’t say anything. She’s probably as anxious as me. At least that’s what I would like to think, if she had nearly the same amount of feelings I held for her, for me.

“I’m home.” I call, though my voice trembles.

I step towards the living room, and finally, I meet Atsuko. She is sitting on the sofa, and she turns to me. A small smile forms on her face and then she greets me.

“Welcome home.”

Her sweet voice is enough to calm me. We take a moment to relish this moment before I sit next to Atsuko. It feels unusual. I wonder how long it’s been since we’ve sat like this.   

Atsuko looks at me to start and so I do.

“Itaki Mizuki knows about us.”

I don’t think those are the words that Atsuko expected to come out of my mouth.

“…What?” Atsuko looks away from me, gathering her thoughts. “Mizuki knows about us? How?”

“I’m not entirely sure but I think it’s mostly my fault. From the message I said during the show, Itaki-san said that she could basically see the hearts.”

Despite the situation, I see Atsuko’s mouth slightly raise into a smile. It shows how much power Atsuko has over me, because I feel myself mirror her small grin.

“But she did say she wouldn’t say anything.” I continue. “Can we take her word for it?”

She thinks and I see a scurry of emotions go across Atsuko’s face. I wonder once more who Itaki is to Atsuko. However, I don’t bring it up. I’ll save it for another time. One hurdle at a time.

“I’m not sure.” finally confesses Atsuko. “But we’ll just have to take her word for it. You can’t change what’s already happened. There is no time to waste on thinking about it. We just need to figure out a way to conquer this problem.”

There’s another moment of silence but it’s not awkward. We are too busy contemplating to be occupied by the notion of awkwardness.

“I think we should lay low for a bit.” I say. “Maybe when you go to the Jemmys, we should go there separately. Stay in separate rooms. Haruna must be going to support Yuko. Maybe I could get a room with her, and say that we’re going to support you two because you invited us. No one would expect a thing if we are together.” 

“So you’re coming?”

I look at Atsuko and she is gazing at me earnestly.

“Of course.” I say. “This is the moment you’ve been waiting for. I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Unless… you don’t want me to come?”

“No!”

I think Atsuko’s burst even shocked herself.

“No.” she says again. “I think what you said is a good idea.” Atsuko admits, but I hear her mutter. “But I would have liked to spend the night together.”

Those words, make me so ecstatic that it catches me off guard. I can’t help myself but I take her hands into my own. Suddenly, Atsuko looks at me and it feels like my life is already a brighter.   

“Atsuko, you don’t know how happy it makes me to hear you say that. But we need to think realistically. If Itaki-san knows, how many other people could catch on? We can’t risk it. Especially with you building you’re acting career and I still being in AKB.”

I can’t read her mind and I bet there’s a storm going in Atsuko’s head again. She glances down at her hands, and then back to me. It makes my heart skip a beat.

“Okay.” Atsuko agrees. “Let’s do it.”

I nod. “I’ll talk to Haruna tomorrow.”

Organically, like it was meant to happen, I kiss Atsuko. Its light and brief, but I feel her swallow all my trepidations. In just that touch, one of the most intimate signs of contact, I let her know that I want her to stay with me. I want Atsuko to stay with me so I can just look at her for a very long time. Simply and plainly, I just want to be with her.

“Atsuko, I said we should talk. Can I start?”

Atsuko stares at me, her attention fully on me. I take her silence as agreement. Now all I can do is hope my words touches her in places where my hands can’t.

“I didn’t believe in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. However, I think there are a few lucky people, who can find that one people who are exactly right for them.” I don’t know how or when I started to cry, but through my sobs, I continue. “They’re not perfect, and it’s not because you are, but it’s because combined together, they fit. Ever since I met you, I think I’m one of those lucky people. You’re my one and only.”

Atsuko cries openly as she holds my hand, her thumbs stroking my skin.

“I love you so much Atsuko and I don’t want to ever lose you.”

For a minute, we both choke on our tears. However, Atsuko pulls herself together, even though she’s grimacing with the effort.

“Minami.” Atsuko begins. “I love you with all my heart sometimes it hurts more than you can imagine. I know time has passed and people change but memories don’t. I still remember the first time I laid eyes on you, how short and cute I thought you were. But then, when I got to know you, I realised how deceiving your image was. You are strong and brave. You take on everyone’s burdens, as well as your own, and still manage a smile. That’s only one of the qualities I love about you. We all get addicted to something that takes away the pain. You’re my drug Minami. And no matter what anyone says, I’m not going to give you up.”

We embrace deeply and finally I say the delayed message.

“Congratulations Atsuko.”

I feel her embrace tighten and I let myself enjoy the assurance of Atsuko’s present. I think this is the beginning of our recovery. It’s not going to be easy to fix things, but this whole event will help us grow. We just need to communicate.

However, I have other words in my mind. I don’t know why, but I don’t tell her what Mizuki said to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stare at the chat.

‘Okay. When?’

There is no reply to my message. I check the time sent. 01:12. Read at 06:48.

I give Yuko the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she wasn’t awake to think. Maybe she hasn’t had time to reply. Maybe she needs time to pull herself together, to check when she is next free. However, it was now 5pm. It’s been nearly 12 hours. And still she hasn’t replied. I dread to think it, but maybe it really is too late.

Shaking my head to myself, I put my phone away. It’s too hard to think right now, especially having practiced for one hour straight. I feel the sweat seeping through my shirt as I sit against the mirror. A fifteen minute break is all we get before we are going to start practice again. However, I welcome this work. Even though it’s for a short moment in the day, it keeps my mind off everything.

“Haruna.”

Mii-chan looks down at me. Out of nowhere, she hands me a bottle of water.

“Thanks.” I say.

I sip at the cold water, greeting the refreshing taste. However, from how Mii-chan is acting, I know she has something to say. However, I don’t push her. When she’s ready, Mii-chan always has something to say. Suddenly, she squats in front of me.

“I know it’s not my place to say.” Mii-chan says in a low voice. “But try to understand Yuko. Give her a break. Talk to her.”

I stare at Mii-chan. I know Yuko is staying at hers, but I wonder what she knows. What has Yuko been saying? I suddenly feel a blaze of anger. I would like to say that I would also like to talk to Yuko, but she’s the one who’s ignoring me. Am I supposed to keep smiling even though I’m dying inside?

Before I can even retort, Minami suddenly appears. Taking that as her cue, Mii-chan moves back to the other side of the room to talk to other members.

With a heavy exhale, Minami collapses next to me as I try to bring back my composure.

“How’s your ankle?” I ask, knowing it’s the first time since her injury that Minami has practiced.

“It’s okay.” she answers. “Even though it was only for a bit, I feel out of practice. Thanks for asking.”

“Just take your time.” I warn, not wanting Minami to be out of commission again.

She agrees. Then, she nods towards the other side of the room, where Mii-chan is.

“What were you guys talking about?” Minami asks.

“Nothing.” I reply. I don’t think I have enough to challenge myself in talking about Yuko again. Besides, it’s not Mii-chan’s fault that she’s become involved in our rocky relationship.

Minami nods, not taking much notice. She always knows when not to pry. It’s like Minami’s sixth sense. She sits next to me and my gaze catches on a single bead of sweat that was making its way down her Minami’s collar bone and slowly making its way downstream. Quickly I look away. I suddenly feel hot again. I take a swig of my water.       

“Haruna, you’re going to the Jemmys right?”

I almost choke.

I completely forgot about the Jemmys and Yuko’s nomination. It’s strange how it was announced the other day and I have yet to congratulate Yuko. I’m probably the last person that will. Before I would have been the first person to praise Yuko, even though she didn’t need it. She’s amazing and I already knew how well of an actress she would be. We used to talk about how she would be nominated for these acting awards and I would attend the event as her date. We knew it wouldn’t come true, at least in the foreseeable future, because none of us can take that risk of revealing our relationship. However, it was joyous for us to just imagine. It was just a simple dream that I had an honour of sharing with Yuko. I almost laugh at the irony of it. The fantasy has now become a reality and I don’t think I’m anywhere near the picture.

“I’m not sure.” I answer.

“What do you mean? Aren’t you going to support Yuko?” asks Minami.

“I don’t know. She hasn’t asked me.”

“Are you guys still not okay?”

I inwardly sigh. That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

“You could say that.” I reply. “How about you and Atsuko?”

Minami has never mentioned about her relationship, but I remember that night we confided in each other, how easily she could relate to my problems. It was another connection we could share. However, from the way Minami’s face lights up, I know they are in much better position than Yuko and I. I wish I was as blissful as her right now.

“It’s good.” Minami says. “It’s really good.”

I nod. “I’m glad.”

At least someone’s relationship is working out. I feel envious. And for some reason, deeper than that, I feel something negative that I label as disappointment. I didn’t know I could be this petty.

“Then why don’t you go and surprise her?” Minami suddenly states.

I didn’t think of that option and I already think it’s a bad idea. She isn’t even talking to me so I can’t even imagine how she would react if I just showed up at the award ceremony, unannounced. And I was the one that asked for space, for time to think. To add to my faults, I’m now a hypocrite.

“I don’t think I should.” I reply.

“I’m sure she would be so happy to see you there.”

“Would she really though? Our last fight… it wasn’t pretty.”

“It can’t hurt to try.”

Minami suddenly moves so she is sitting in front of me. It’s like we formed a sharing circle, with just the two of us. That’s how suddenly personal it became, like we are the only two in the room.

“Look. Atsuko and I have to lay low at the moment, but I want to go and support her and I’m sure you want to do that same for Yuko. So, let’s share a room and go together. That way you don’t have to exactly be in Yuko’s face, but you can show that despite everything that’s happened, you do love her.”

I don’t know if it’s the sharing circle, but Minami makes sense. 

“I guess so.” I hear myself admit.

“Right? And then we can just treat it like a sleepover. We haven’t had one of those in a while.”

This time I laugh. Minami knows how to make me smile, even if she is a complete.

“Okay.” I say. “You’ve convinced me.”

“Yay!” happily exclaims Minami.

Then, she suddenly grabs my shoulders and pulls me into a rough embrace. Even though we’re still moist with sweat and it’s sticky and uncomfortable, I don’t mind it. I feel her breathe and it makes my own chest beat. I don’t know why but this embrace, with its clumsiness, feels similar to Yuko’s sudden hugs. The familiarity is like a blanket, warm and full of security, despite it only being a thin veil. I wonder when I am going to be able to actually hold Yuko in my arms. Well, for now, I guess Minami is just as good.

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 19 - 10/09/2015]
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2015, 07:14:06 AM »
Eh... you are describing Yuko and Minami giving off similar trails that made Haruna's heart beat

Would Mizuki keep her promise not cause any troubles for Atsumina?

Would Haruna and Yuko get to set their differences?

Would Atsumina be able to keep the scandal of their relationship off the media?

What's going to happen next?

Can't wait to find out

Thank you for the update

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline NyanNekkoNyan

• kiichan desu! yoroshiku!
  • Yuko-mama is busy. Haruna-mama is busy. Sad life.
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
Yey! An update!! Thanks for the warm welcome  :cow:

Okay..  honestly, I don't know what to feel right now. I'm happy for Acchan and Takamina because finally they are in good terms now and they already have their talks but still, I have this unsettled feelings within me because i know that there's a thing they left behind.. and that is Mizuki's conversation with Takamina. I hope that that matter will not affect them on the future..  but knowing this story, sure it will hahaha

Another is Haruna and Yuko's relationship  that still in not-so-good terms. Oh! That "Can we talk" is from Yuko?  I thought it's from Haruna hahaha, sorry my bad.
Hmmm..  I really don't know what to think. From Haruna's POV in this chapter, I can see that she truly loves Yuko, the only thing is that because she's in great fear. Fear of ruining the relationship. But knowing their situation now, their relationship is already ruined and it's already in the verge of breaking up if they're still not going to make any right moves. I wanted to know Yuko's POV for the clarification why she's not answering Haruna's reply to her. And I'm fearing that Haruna will make something that she's going to regret in the future because of her closeness to Takamina. I hope not. *Cross fingers*

But all in all,  a great chapter (for the AtsuMina couple), I hope it will continue up to the future updates. I'm still waiting for KojiYuu's reunion. Please~  :bleed eyes: :nervous

Thanks for the update, and good job!  :twothumbs

P.S. I still want some Acchan x Mizuki action hahahaha  :shakeit:

“As far as Yuko is concerned, the ‘you’ in ‘no one but you’ refers to me” - 小嶋陽菜

Offline Korisu29

• Member+
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2015, 05:11:41 AM »
I re-read your fic, because I really love it ...  :mon lovelaff:
I love how you arrange the words to tell the story of this fic ...  :mon inluv:
thanks for your nice fic ....  :mon XD:
pliiiiissssshhh update soon ....  :mon cute:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Easy Breezy