JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfect Piano Lesson - Two Hundred And Forty One Mondays

Author Topic: [CHI/US] Chloé Wang / Chloe Bennet 汪可盈  (Read 25843 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[CHI/US] Chloé Wang / Chloe Bennet 汪可盈
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
Chloé Wang / Chloe Bennet / 汪可盈

Name: Chloé Wang now known as Chloe Bennet  :hip smile:
Nationality: American
Place of Birth: Chicago
Birthday: 1991/04/18
Height: 167cm
Weight: 49kg
Hobbies: running, drawing, dancing, singing
Favorite singers: Beyonce, Rain, Jolin Tsai
Favorite actor: Kate Winslet
Favorite food: Hot pot, xiao long bao, Indian food

Links

Official Website
Official Blog
Wiki
Twitter
Soundcloud
Instagram
Birthday Countdown

'Uh Oh': American Idol with Chinese Twist

A U.S. music factory has set up shop in China to produce one of the first Mandarin-singing, Beijing-based, all-American pop stars.

The Nettwerk Music Group, which launched megastars Avril Lavigne and Dido, has recently unveiled its latest pop creation: 17-year-old Chloe Wang, who sings in both Chinese and English. Although Wang's father is Chinese, the American-born teenager grew up in Chicago and did not begin learning Chinese until March this year. She admits the 2008 Beijing Olympics was really the first time she became aware of China. But language and cultural barriers are no obstacle to her minders and US manager Peter Coquillard believes his young charge is a trailblazer for more young Western performers.

"We haven't done this before," said Coquillard, who produced Chinese Super Girl winner Li Yuchun's second album, "Mine". "We discovered Chloe's talent in the U.S., but brought her here and wanted to start here. If we succeed, it will open the Chinese market for more foreign entertainers." No expense has been spared in molding China's new pop princess: She shares the producers of her first album with Madonna, Britney Spears, and Miley Cyrus, and has already launched her first single, "Uh Oh", in both English and Chinese.

To raise her profile among Chinese youth, Wang will soon grace the glossy pages of the Chinese editions of Vogue, Elle, and Cosmopolitan, and last month performed one of her first live Chinese-singing performances in Chengdu, Sichuan Province. Wang also has a full-time language teacher who lives with her in an up-market Chaoyang Park apartment and the teenager is already using Chinese characters to respond to her growing number of fans.

The Chloe Wang experiment is attracting keen interest from international music companies struggling to develop a business model in a nation where most music fans download songs for free. "It is honestly the hardest place to make money," said Tinnie Chow, another of Wang's managers. "Perhaps money will come in the future if foreign singers can truly connect with their audience in China."

Every year, about 600 new albums are launched in China with international record companies releasing almost half of them. However, Chinese music companies do not rely on CD sales to generate profits and consider sales of 150,000 copies a success. In the West, CDs from major stars, such as Lil Wayne and Coldplay, sold more than 3 million copies last year. Instead, Chinese music stars make money through live concerts, mobile phone ring tones, advertising deals and special appearances.

Universal Music releases about 100 CDs in China every year, and although the company would not reveal sales figures, it said sales were profitable because of what it said was the lack of depth in local music. "The Chinese pop music industry does not have great variety, so music fans turn to non-Chinese pop music," said Liang Dandan, Universal Music's assistant marketing manager of International Repertoire. "This helps some global music companies to bring in some singers."

Hit FM radio station music editor Reaf Zhang agreed, saying the industry lacks a stable of world-class superstars, giving opportunities to newcomers like Chloe Wang. "Once we cannot find local singers, we eye foreign pop singers who come here to develop their singing careers," he said.
http://english.cri.cn/6666/2009/06/15/1261s493363.htm
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:31:35 PM by daigong »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI/US] Chloé Wang
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 09:21:08 AM »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:54:41 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
 :shocked:

she must be a mix. she's flawless!
BABY I WANT YOU BACK!!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »
Concert Footage: Chloe Wang (汪可盈) - "Love Attack"
http://www.mtviggy.com/chinese/chloe-wang-live-love-attack

Concert Footage: Chloe Wang (汪可盈) - "The Way I Do"
http://www.mtviggy.com/video/chloe-wang-concert-the-way-i-do

Mixed beauty Chloé has no pressure in following SHE

Among the 50 artists performing at the highly anticpated 2009 International Zebra Music Festival, the most surprising one is 17-year-old Chicago native Chloé Wang. That's because although she has only released one single, "Uh-oh," she must follow the performance of SHE. Among so many groups, the choice of her makes many question, who is this teenager?

Chinese-American mixed Chloé's father in Chinese and mother is American. Her grandmother moved from Shanghai to the US in 1957 and worked on International Fashion at the New York Times. Other than 6 brothers (3 of them adopted), she also has 3 cute dogs. Other than taking care of her own dogs, she also often helps dogs and cats. Chloé hopes that when she grows up, she can also adopt children who needs help.

Chloé has always been into singing. Since 3, she learned dancing, singing and the saxophone at the Montessori School. Although pretty and noticable since young, Chloé is never the "spoiled princess" but is often the "goofball." When she was 13, she became a member of the Secon City Youth Ensemble and taking apart in comedic performances.

In 2008, then only 16, Chloé returned to Shanghai alone to study Chinese and work on her future career. Nettwerk records and Archangel company worked together to manage Chloé's entertainment career, and Chloé's manager Peter Coquillard is the head of Archangel East and the producer of Chris Li Yuchun's bestselling album, "Mine." Those two albums have worked for Madonna, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Hannah MOntana, DBSK, etc. And Chloé's first Chinese single, "Uh-oh" was produced by the famous Zhang Yadong.

Sicne receiving the invitation for the Zebra Music Festival, Chloé carefully prepared, paying attention to everything from dancing to costumes to songs. After learning that her performance was after that of SHE, Chloé was very excited. She said that it's very lucky for her to be able to be on the stage with so many famous artists the first time performing in China, and she can learn a lot of them. After the 2009 Zebra Music Festival, Chloé will continue to promote her single "Uh Oh" in China.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:55:31 PM by Masa »

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »
 :shocked: Woah! When I first saw her I thought she was Koharu [please don't kill me]
She looks real hawt!  :w00t:

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:14:15 PM »
Chloé's official Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloball

Offline bsijp

• Member+
Chloe Bennet
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 09:05:13 AM »
Chloe Benne
t

Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - s01e05 - 1080p

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 23.976fps 7203 Kbps
Audio: AAC 44100Hz 6ch [Audio]

02:06 / 108 mb / mkv

Click on "Slow Download"
Uncheck this option "Download with FileOm.com Download Manager and get the Recommendation Offers"
http://fileom.com/8lmu59nbm60l/Ch_Bn-MAoS-S1e5.mkv.html
http://rapidgator.net/file/c847b3101cdad2380e7193f727e030fc/Ch_Bn-MAoS-S1e5.mkv.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 08:23:00 AM »
DA FUQ she's on Agents of Shield now??

had no idea it was her. :lol: goes by Chloe Bennet: https://twitter.com/chloebennet4 & http://instagram.com/chloebennet4/

dat Masa was so ahead of his time XD That's all we do at :hipheart: identify what is trending WAY before it happens.

Offline afgh

• ecchi
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 01:16:14 AM »
She def should stick to acting xD.. not that she's a bad singer but it just doesn't suit her as well

Offline albertadel

• Member+
Re: Chloe Bennet
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 11:50:21 AM »
Chloe Bennet Marvel's Captain America: Civil War premiere in LA 4/12/16

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »
CALL ME!!!! Chloe doin great work as Daisy on Agents of SHIELD

And what a caboose!! :shakeit: Apparently her boyfriend uploaded it to instagram before taking it down XD XD

YEAH!!! SKYE AND WARD!

Chloe needs more magazine photoshoots WTF!!! in esquire from 2014

Search him!!! And then I

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI/US] Chloé Wang / Chloe Bennet 汪可盈
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 08:29:42 AM »
Bring in GHOST RIDER!! Actress Chloe Bennet shares her thoughts on the dark place Daisy finds herself in:

“Everyone she’s gotten close to has died. Her way of protecting the people that she cares about — which is Coulson and the rest of the team — is to distance herself. She’s doing anything she can to help people and try to makeup for what she feels is her fault.

I don’t think she’s necessarily working against S.H.I.E.L.D.,she’s Robin Hood-ing it. My favorite part about playing Daisy is her empathy for people. I’d like to think that she is doing what she’s doing because she wants to help.”

I bet she and Ghost Rider get it ON!! :sex:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI/US] Chloé Wang / Chloe Bennet 汪可盈
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 04:21:45 AM »
WHOA!!! gonna be quite the battle!

ooh such a rebel! I'm wearin a toque! :hip smile:

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfect Piano Lesson - Two Hundred And Forty One Mondays