JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Touched

Author Topic: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)  (Read 287782 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)
« Reply #800 on: July 07, 2009, 08:50:24 AM »

That's when I heard a familier voice coming from my right.  No, it couldn't be!  I looked up and I saw the pinoy powerhouse himself, Mr. kuno_thunder!  I was all "HOLY SHIT MAN, NO WAY!"  The bastard decided to drop in on us unannounced.  It was a great surprise that made me forget about being shut down at the autograph session.
- we had quite a few ideas on just how we'd bring him out and "punk" everyone. In the end we just tried to get as many HiPstaz in the same general area and just had him casually walk up to the group. :P

And MEOW YOU ASS! I GAVE AWAY YOUR BEAVER TO REINA! :lol:
This is so much more funny if you were part of the JPH!P party that went to Honda-ya izakaya on Saturday. XD

I ran to the washroom right after because I have been holding onto a long ass piss. Sev and Ping were waiting for me and when I got out, Sev was like, "Dude! You just shook hands with Morning Musume and you touched your penis with that hand!" I was like, "OH FUCK! INDIRECT HANDJOB! WOO!"
So epic it's not even funny. :rockon:

Can't really add much in terms of reviews, as it has all pretty much been stated (one way or another) already by someone here. Still, I should jot down a few thoughts before I head to bed. :P

- KT and I actually landed in LA on Day 0, however we spent the day in Oceanside (about 2-3 hours south of LA if you're driving on the freeway) visiting relatives that we hadn't seen in like, 8-9 years.  Spent the night there with them, then the next morning (Day 1) we drove back up to LA. KT was driving so I was able to periodically send texts to dai to let him know how far out we were and to find out what shit was going on. Arrived downtown and managed to meet up with dai and Tris-chan at Mayfair around 11:00am or so, which was actually earlier than I had expected to get there.

- proceeded over to the con and made it in time for the MM Panel. As has been previously stated, it ended up being a lot more lame than it needed to be. Janken dude got some chuckles, and the girls managed to squeeze in some cute fanservice moments, but the translator/dragon lady just really messed up and/or filtered a lot of the questions and answers so many people with the more "serious" questions got shafted. Ken's janken bit with Reina was a definite highlight. :lol:

- missed out on the GoH reception. Didn't even know about it until dai called KT's cell at like 6 or 7 in the morning the next day that it was happening. I was tired and a little grumpy because I hadn't gotten a decent sleep the night before we drove back to LA, otherwise I most likely would have gone.

-  Before the concert began I spotted Jade Starr in the aisle. Told dai "Dude, Jade Starr's over there" and he proceeded to yell "YO JADE!!!"  She then turned our way and dai went "JPHIP!" and she gave a big   :thumbsup .

-  As for the concert itself, you won't hear any complaints from me about the girls' performance. You could tell that even with the jet-lag that they must have been feeling, they were still giving it their all during the show. Definite memorable moment here was when Jabronisaur nearly got kicked out because some AX staffer was doing a random ticket check and Jab's had temporarily fallen out of his badge holder. Fortunately, jaysonnj (at least, I think it was him; hope I spelled that right BTW) managed to find it on the floor a couple of feet from where Jab was sitting and showed it to the AX staffer.

- at the Hello!Party, like someone else here said (boykun? Ping?), it seemed more like a mixer than a "party". It was still pretty neat though, what with the playing of many of the old H!M games (burabura dangling game, "don't sing the last line" game, what I call "relay drawing", etc.). Also had some fangroups go up and do some performances. Definite highlight of this event for me was this little girl, probably about 2 or 3 years old, who'd run up on stage and dance along with the music!  Dentists were needed for sure. :wub:

- I was much more impressed at the Tsunku panel. I arrived 10 min late to it, but fortunately they hadn't yet begun the audience questions. And as has already been said here by a few members, there were quite a few thoughtful/serious questions posed to the Soonk (along with a few chuckle moments tossed in for good measure). Dragon lady was there again, but to me it didn't seem like she was "filtering" as much in her translations as she was doing during the MM panel, which leads me to agree with some others here and thinking that she's more than just a translator (probably part of UFA, sent by the company brass to help "shelter/protect" the girls or something). 

- there was probably no better way to put a cap on the whole trip than the JPH!P had at the izakaya and karaoke joints later that night. Awesome food and drink, the izakaya staff playing the MM songs for us, dai's loud, semi-drunken rambling speeches, what more could you ask for?  Surprise of the night was when we found out the owner/boss of the izakaya was asking if he could get himself a JPH!P AX t-shirt!  :cow: When we found out and saw dai head to the kitchen, a bunch of us thought for sure that he'd literally give the boss the one off his back, if for no other reason than to thank him for putting up with our...shall we say...exuberance that night (which, BTW, had gotten us some funny/odd stares from some of the other customers that night  :sweatdrop:).  On a personal note, I got to spend some time with the powerhouses/inspirations behind "the Miki haikus", the legendary ComFen themselves.  :twothumbs   I probably won't forget the look of astonishment on dai's face when he found out that Commie's Canadian. 
:canada:

And I swear that at the karaoke joint, KT and I usually do a much better job than what we ended up with.
:mon sweat:

With all the MM events and the craziness that happened during this trip, one thing that we all can agree upon, is that as sweet as it was to see/hear/meet MM, it was made all the more awesome by ALL of the people that FINALLY were able to meet face to face. The bonds shared at JPH!P are unlike any other. During the confusing shmoz that we went through, HiPstaz stepped up big time and managed to improvise some mad strategic ninja plans to try and make sure as many people could get as much out of this trip as they could get.  When shit happened, we covered and helped each other as much as we could.  When news came up, we were spreadin' it like wildfire to keep everyone in the loop.  Even if we met people who weren't necessarily HiPstaz to begin with, we welcomed them in and treated them like our own. That's what makes JPH!P more than just a forum. THAT is what makes us family.

So to all the peeps that were on this trip with whom I managed to cross paths, dai, tenkei, dinny, boykun, rokun, Sev, Ping, Tris-chan, Davetron, Sayahchan, Canongirl, Commie, Fen, Rickker, OpsMonkey, arun, Flyp, adifferenstory, aewen, limitbreaker, Mugen, Jab, a_P, jaysonnj, Za_wolf, SacredCultivator, SITS, and anyone else that I might have forgotten...much thanks. Getting to see MM on this trip was great, but seeing the lot of you, seeing this family come together the way it did...that was even better.
:jphip:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #801 on: July 07, 2009, 08:56:54 AM »
Ah... the "dragon lady".  I called her "Morning Mama" while I was there. :lol: I would've liked to say more about those 5 days at AX filled will wonderful memories as well as depressing momments that I want to forget, but I just got back home and am dead tired from jet-lag. Long story short, got my badge and tickets after waiting 2-3 hrs in the sun, saw and videotaped the girls at Openning ceremonies, went to the girls' panel, got screwed at the autograph signing after the Q&A, saw Yossui leave the booth, went to the concert, waved at Koha, Aika, Eri and Gaki, saw Yossui leave the autograph signing and being Yossui-blocked by Morning Mama, went to the Tsuku panel, got screwed again at the 11am autographed signing, missed AX Idol since I was depressed, waved at the girls at the Open signing while eating a hot dog (how embarrassing  :doh:), found some old albums and singles at another booth, got a poster from someone after telling them my sad story, and won 1 of 3 autographed Platinum 9 albums at the Charity Auction.  :cow: I was surprised it was the original japanese version.

So I paid $200 + tax for that 1st signed album.  The other 2 went for much more than what I bidded (from $250 to more than $300). It was SO worth it for not getting to meet them and sign some stuff.

I guess that's it.  I finally got a chance to actually post something after lurking for some time.  Now it's time to sleep.

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #802 on: July 07, 2009, 09:23:49 AM »

Thanks to all the fans for their incredible support of Morning Musume at Anime Expo!

E-mails have gone out to the winners of our contest drawings at the JapanFiles booth.
M.G - Honolulu, HI
E.T. - Essex, England
C.C. - La Puente, CA
K.T. - Okayama, Japan
J.L. - San Gabriel, CA
J.N. - San Marino, CA
L.K.W. - Thornhill, Canada
H.S. - West Hills, CA
J.C. - Stafford, VA
C.P.F. - Estada de Mexico, Mexico
G.A. - Alberta, Canada
J.R. - Guatemala
(If any of these seem like they might be YOU -- please PM us if you didn't get an e-mail... some of the entry forms were hard to read, so there may be an error or two.)

And thank to all of you who hung around on Sunday before the official drawings (dancing in front of the video screen) and afterwards for our extra poster giveways.

The gathering at the Hello!Party was also very positive and fun, and a special thanks to Paul from Hello!Blog who has been helping us navigate the complex world of UFA artists and fans. Our staff got to meet members of JPH!P, H!O, and JPM, and we appreciate all your kind words and constructive suggestions about how we can all work together for more opportunities for H!P artists (past and present) in the USA.

Yo Yo.. that G.A. Alberta Canada is me man! Woot! Got the e-mail a couple of hours ago.
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #803 on: July 07, 2009, 09:59:42 AM »
time to continue the report. before i get to day 1, forgot to mention met up a_P, aka Prime, and jayson on day 0 at the con and shiz picking up tickets. aight.

Day 1
day 1 started kinda shitty lol. me and flyp cuoldn't really sleep cus jab and daigong were snoring like some thunder clouds, basically got like 45 minutes of sleep lol. woke up around 530 cus the dinnysaurus called us, telling us the japanese wota were already camping the merch line to get the garaunteed tickets. we all got ready in a hurry and boned out to the con. met up with aarita and our new homie masa (friendly wota). got the rundown on the plan for getting panel seats and garuanteed tickets. me and ping went over to the merch line quick to talk to dinny. watched the japanese wota do some wotagei and OAD. it was pretty hilarious lol. chilled with masa, mike, jayson, limit, some others in the panel line. they let us in and dude with the flack jacket told me they wouldnt be clearning the room so we reserved like the first 3 rows for ourselves.

when dai's group got back from getting food and shit, i took flyp, limit, and aewen with me to help the merch team. hung out there with dinny, aarita, the friendly wotas and others. met up Paul from Hello!Blog and kanki and her friends so they could get up in the line with us. got inside and shit was insane. it was all chaos and everything, but luckily i was able to get a yossi ticket and an mm guaranteed ticket. RUSHED back to the panel with kanki since it was about to start in like 10 minutes. sat with sayah and shannon since tris had called me earlier to tell me there were really no more seats left in our area due to some reserving snaffu that ping will mention. got the call from boykun that he was there on his way to the panel. ran out to go get him and saw Kuno_Thunder sitting in the back of the room talking to daigong. spoiled his surprise, but was fucking glad to see him. ran outside and met boy, as i was waiting saw CKD, told him to hustle inside lol. about 15 seconds later i see some procession coming towards me and im like, who are these jackasses... then i realize it was mm coming to the panel. i kinda freaked out like, omgass! they passed by about a foot from me. i called out to kamei and waved said hello, she waved back and smiled and said hello to me. waved to reina and aika in the back of the group, they waved back to me and said hello too. called ping and fangurled into the phone real quick lol. boy came, we ran into the panel. there were no more seats so he sat with kuno and i went back to sit with kanki.

panel was fun, yall heard the audio already prolly. i was shouting JPH!P at every possible opportunity, converted a couple dudes in front of me, hopefully. after the panel, we went outside, kuno sprung his surprise on everyone. i figured out we were missing one of the bags of shirts we had been using to secure seats. we went up to the autograph area hoping someone else in our group had grabbed it, but no one had and it wasnt in the hall the panel had been in. I freaked out, had a little meltdown in front of everyone lining up for autographs, and it pissed me off more that they prolly all thought i was pissed that i didnt get an autograph ticket lol. me and kanki went back to look for the shirts/ask around. there as another panel going on so we just sat in the back and hung out til it was over. scanned the room and didnt see it, went up to conops to report it missing and filled out a little thing so they could call us if someone turned it in.

met up with arun and found the gang chillin outside the dealer hall. we all kinda sat around before deciding to take off. met up later at the bowling alley. had some drinks, some food, passed out shirts and shiz. bowled with kanki, prime and opsmonkey. i came out on top with a nice comeback victory lol. everyone else was much better than us though, so im glad i didnt bowl with dinny or sev and them lol. took a couple group pics after that, drove kanki back to her hotel, and just crashed out after that...i think. i dont remember doing anything after that, but we mightve hung out in dai's room or something for a while lol.

End of Day 1

day 2 coming soon! also check out http://news.jphip.com/ for a transcript of the unofficial interview that tris-chan and i conducted with half of morning musume!

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #804 on: July 07, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »
OK guys, I'm getting a little tired of everyone calling her "dragon lady" and a "translator".

1. She is not a translator.
2. Her name is Yaz ****.
3. She works for a 3rd party company that handles Japanese acts in the states. Tenkei also knows her because she also seems to handle Ore Ska Band, and he's seen her at other Japanese acts, like Puffy. In this case, she is working with UFA to handle Morning Musume., Hangry & Angry, and Tsunku, and she will most likely handle other related acts in the future.

So please, let's be respectful, I agree that it was a little annoying that she didn't do a great job for translating during the Morning Musume. panel, but you have to admit, that noob translator AX gave them wasn't that great to begin with either.

Wait... Morning Musume needs a handler? O.o

It's like having a manager to handle the American affairs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:25:46 AM by Ping »

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #805 on: July 07, 2009, 10:12:37 AM »
Congrats, Ops. Well, day 0. Didn't see anyone till after the ticket getting was done. While in the ticket line I was with the girl in the Milky Way outfit from the Q&A. Also was with a local that kinda had CKD's attitude, but the girl and her BF were fun so it was all good. After  getting my ticket. Section E row 5. While waiting out front for anyone I could recognize from Sakura-con, Linna2040 happened to take a bench not far from me. We ended up going to Curry House in Little Tokyo. Great food. We then made our way to IN-n-out to meet up with the others. Got my kick ass Jphip tee from 10k and we were in business.
Day 1: ran into Linna2040 again in the dealers room while getting the merch for guaranteed autographs, after getting that from Japan Files, we headed to the Q&A because thats where we needed to be for the autographs for that day. Met up with Dai, and Big Freaky in the back of the Q+A panel while waiting for the current attendee to finish. While readjusting the seating, one of the int whotas that was dinnys buddys said that he had 5 seats up front. Whoot, up front just off LinLins side. Everyone else who has spoken about the girls already said all that needed to be said.  Upon completion of the Q+A we were handed tickets, and told that the autograph session was behind the artist alley. Linna and I made our way there and picked up a few straglers along the way. We stopped at the Jpophouse because no one was there now. It soon became very clear that the Signing wasn't in the exhibiters hall. we split up to look, I saw Dinny with super Whota Terry walking fast, so I followed them. once we secured a place in the line, I called Linna and gave her directions. the line moved. Later, in the "holding cell" I noticed Paul Thomas, author of Hello Blog. I said hello but the line was moving so didn't get to say much. Just before getting to the room with the girls, someone noticed the stack of cards in my hand along with my signature item. One of the UFA handlers took them from me, so I wasn't able to give them to the girls in person. Later we met up at Lucky Strike bowling and partied. I noticed at one point that Madonnas Music was playing. And one line"Music makes the people come together" seemed really true. The music in this case was that of Morning Musume's and we from all over were here to celebrate it. Towards the end of the party DAi tells me we got something going down in the morning and to be at the Westin @8.
days 2-3 later
Life is one time.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #806 on: July 07, 2009, 11:46:03 AM »
Slightly off-topic, if anyone was interested in C-zone... They were mentioned in chat so I did quick googling, here's their website and blog links:
http://www.c-zone.jp/
http://ameblo.jp/c-zone/
And Japanese wiki: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-ZONE
Looks like they've changed members quite a bit. :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #807 on: July 07, 2009, 12:23:25 PM »
Thanks for all the reviews so far! Looking forward to the rest  XD

And be sure to check out the experiences of of the fellow HIPsters who went to see AKB48 in France!

Part 1: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=19319.msg581970#msg581970
Part 2: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=19319.msg582114#msg582114

Hope you enjoy and keep those reviews coming!  :)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #808 on: July 07, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
OK guys, I'm getting a little tired of everyone calling her "dragon lady" and a "translator".

1. She is not a translator.
2. Her name is Yaz ****.
3. She works for a 3rd party company that handles Japanese acts in the states. Tenkei also knows her because she also seems to handle Ore Ska Band, and he's seen her at other Japanese acts, like Puffy. In this case, she is working with UFA to handle Morning Musume., Hangry & Angry, and Tsunku, and she will most likely handle other related acts in the future.

So please, let's be respectful, I agree that it was a little annoying that she didn't do a great job for translating during the Morning Musume. panel, but you have to admit, that noob translator AX gave them wasn't that great to begin with either.

The thing was, she wasn't an interpreter (there is a difference from a translator), so it was annoying that she was trying to do that. It takes incredible amounts of training to be a proficient interpreter. I really don't care if she was being a bitch at other times, she was just doing her job at keeping some order I guess. But she was getting in the way of the real interpreter. She hardly got to say anything cause that Yaz **** kept interrupting before she could say anything. From the little the actual interpreter actually did say, she did do a good job and I could tell she wanted to say other stuff but was getting cut off. That's what probably annoyed me the most. If this Yaz gonna do stuff for Japanese artists that come here, please keep her from doing the interpreting and let the professionals handle that. I understand if she wanted to keep things moving along by not interpreting everything that was being said, but she could have at least let the questions be answered correctly...

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #809 on: July 07, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »
SERIOUSLY AWESOME!  Though I only got to meet and greet and got one thing signed by all of them, it was totally awesome.  I just can't get over how awesome everyone is, they're just too adorable and cute.  

btw, what is this "guest reception tickets"? is it the concert ticket?  and what is this GoH breakfast thing with MM?  I didn't hear anything about that.  I wanna know more...

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #810 on: July 07, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »
^
The guest reception tickets were tickets we received to attend the GoH breakfast thing. We basically got to sit with all the guests of honor and chat with them and stuff. :)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #811 on: July 07, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »
OMG, how did you get a ticket like that?!  I didn't even knew...
so how long did it lasts and what did you say to them, to anyone who actually got in?

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #812 on: July 07, 2009, 08:37:08 PM »
^our inside source (THANK YOU Aarita!) told us about it before they announced the selling of the guest reception tickets. About almost all of jphipstars managed to get in. There were some people from H!O and JPM too I think. each tables only last for 15 minutes. Morning Musume also left earlier than usual because they have to do a mic check for the concert starting in a few hours after.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #813 on: July 07, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »
^ jphipstars? lol...

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline KyouKEN

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #814 on: July 07, 2009, 09:00:59 PM »
@Ping - Ahhh! Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. I kept wondering who this person was from other forums I looked at.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #815 on: July 07, 2009, 09:19:26 PM »
^ jphipstars? lol...

yea i have a lot of weird names for us lol

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #816 on: July 07, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »
^our inside source (THANK YOU Aarita!) told us

It was actually me who told Aa!rita and the rest about the reception. :-X

But yeah, I got back late last night and I'm also sick and back at work. I'll have at least the first part of my report up later this afternoon/tonight. I had a really good time in LA and was really able to intereact with some of the girls...not to mention I had a BLAST hanging out with all the follow HiPsters. Y'all made all my sleepless nights last week worth it, every second. :jphip:

I'm pretty happy about the outcome of it all. I'm sorry to hear that not everyone got to do what they wanted, but let's not put all the blame on AX/Yaz or whoever. I'm sure with the size of the event it was difficult to make everything run perfectly. I wouldn't say it was a disaster either. I agree there was a lot of miscommunication between ALL parties organizing the events though. That was definitely a major issue. With something like this though, I'd always expect some bumps here and there. You just gotta stay on your toes and keep on top of things. Be aggressive. I feel I should probably apologize, too. I tried to keep news spreading the the rest of the gang the best I could (on the phone so much my fully charged phone batteries actually died within one day).

I tried, and I think I can say the same for AX, JF, Yaz, and UFA...that they tried to make things work. Sorry about blabbing nonsense, but I just hope we can over look some of the things that happened and cherish the GOOD memories we made. Yeah? Keep things POSITIVE, that's what JPHiP's all about right? Fucking love you guys.

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #817 on: July 07, 2009, 10:45:48 PM »
I remember Fen, rev, and me talking about it the day before, so it wasn't Aa!rita that spilled the beans lol

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #818 on: July 07, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »

It was actually me who told Aa!rita and the rest about the reception. :-X

sry bout that! thought it was him

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
« Reply #819 on: July 07, 2009, 11:08:26 PM »
But yeah, I got back late last night and I'm also sick and back at work.

Geez, many of us are getting sick after AX...damn.

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Touched