JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - Fuel

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Episode Discussion Thread *spoiler alert*  (Read 119313 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: The Idoling!!! Episode Discussion Thread *spoiler alert*
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2012, 01:48:06 PM »
I'm a big Asahi fan, she's been in my top three since forever, but I gotta admit I didn't really like #944 that much either.
The 'she's a guy' gag is fun as a running joke at random times, but to devote an entire episodes to it is a bit much.
Two highly similar VTRs and then seven minutes (!) of build up to the sumo match... Pffft.
Giving Asahi a choice with the sumo match was a fun idea, but I think we all knew what was gonna happen  :lol:

Offline cicily

• Member+
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »
Shit-flavored Curry or Curry-flavored Shit, which one you choose?
I'd choose  Shit-flavored Curry, because even though it taste like shit, it is still curry.

By Umeko

LOL. Who scripts these openers? I have to start paying attention to these. Normally I just zone out during the opener until the actual episode proper starts.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2012, 12:44:31 AM »
So I figured there'd be nothing interesting to see for episode 945 being that it's a nicohachi live, however 2 interesting things happened.

On picking the member to sing Haru Iro No Sora, Sakai went on a 3 minute rant about how she's going to do an adult rendition of it to get the votes in her typical arrogant, aggressive manner (why Sakai does that psychotic character I'll never know.), while the other two candidates Tamagawa and Kiyoku were appealing their case in a typical humble manner. Now if the notion that Idolingers love the variety aspect holds true, then there'd be no doubt that Sakai would win this poll hands down. But surprisingly, it was Kiyoku that has beaten Sakai 36.7% to 34.7%. Although I'm not too high on Kiyoku as a member, this was a triumphant moment for me as I have despised Sakai ever since she has become grotesque in her character and applied the variety aspect even into the singing aspect of it to make mockery of herself as well as the group. Now that Sakai's silly behavior is not even winning over the fans watching the live, this moment symbolizes the end of the road for Sakai as a member of Idoling. I felt so proud that the fans chose to go with a straight-forward take on the song rather than Sakai's variety rendition, it signals victory on my sentiments of keeping the singing aspect as pure as possible.

Another moment worthy of notice is that Baby Raids made an appearance as guests, and also in the poll vs Idoling has won, this time with even a bigger margin of 59.6% to 40.4%. While this could be attributed to the Idoling fans being polite and reading between the lines in their voting, it still shows how much interest and compassion the fans have for former Idoling contestants. Watching the performance of Rikako and Takami as Baby Raids once again raised what if thoughts as they seem to be further along and far more polished than any of the 5th generation members in their performance. Bitter sweet it is.

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2012, 02:43:18 AM »
Holy shit, this is great comedy, janus, keep this coming. I don't know if you're intending for people to take you seriously, but I can't even believe how funny this is.  :twothumbs

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2012, 03:30:39 AM »
which also means Asahi's era is already ended within Idoling!!! since she lost the vote to sing her sub-unit songs a few times to some 5th gen! Oh no!!!!

and... and..

Tachibana lost to Serina!!!

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2012, 03:52:34 AM »
which also means Asahi's era is already ended within Idoling!!! since she lost the vote to sing her sub-unit songs a few times to some 5th gen! Oh no!!!!

and... and..

Tachibana lost to Serina!!!
It's ironic that you brought up Asahi, I'm sure you intended to be sarcastic, but sadly Asahi's days are over as well. She's no longer a model, being a model was her identity, and without it, she has became a burden to the group. Sure, Masuno and the members would make fun of it to light things up for Asahi because pretending that nothing has happened is just too painful to endure for everyone. So what is left for Asahi? She doesn't have the figure to transition into adult modeling, her looks have deteriorated so much to the point that she's now being treated like a boy. She's not that great of a singer, and her dancing skill is best described as casual at best. She's a HORRIBLE actress, and being good at variety is like trying to sell air-conditioner at south pole, nobody wants to see a clown as an idol in mainstream Japan. She's not smart enough to get into college I'm sure, if she can even manage to graduate high school that is. Asahi truly has hit the wall both in her career and academically. The prospects of Asahi just hanging around Idoling as long as possible like Umeko and Sakai are doing makes me feel so sad.   

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2012, 06:30:40 AM »
 :lol: You've really changed your mind from last year when in the Ranking thread you considered Asahi to be

Quote from: Jenus
a very crucial member who is a mood-maker, and someone who can bridge the gap between the older members and the younger members with her all-around socializing nature. She's also one of a kind contributor on the show, I can't imagine Idoling without her.

and this just 4 months ago

I have never seen an idol who is as genuine and un-filtered like her, and her outgoing and charming personality perfectly match with the ideal image of what Idoling would like to be known as. She's the most liked member by other members, and as the undisputed mood-maker of the group as well as her unique comical qualities, her presence within the group is probably the most crucial position.

and while we're on that subject, here's your opinion on Kikuchi only 11 months ago in the ranking thread

Her contribution as a solo act is undeniably significant for the group's benefit, it's rather surprising that out of all the members Kikuchi was the one who was able to break into the mainstream limelight. Her presence within the group has now become extra-pivotal, I think she has put herself in a position of even bargaining her way around Idoling, possibly vying for the future-leader role.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2012, 06:58:05 AM »
As far as Asahi is concerned, I really haven't changed anything, I still regard Asahi's ability in variety very highly. The criticism I have mentioned about Asahi has more to do with her as an individual, whereas the good things I have said before was within the context of Idoling member.

Looks like my prediction on Kikuchi taking over the show has come true, but I didn't think it would turn out this ugly, in the tune of 12 Amitalk episodes, that's just retarded.

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
Jenus, you've been ranting on for quite awhile now.  Nearly every post you've made here within the past year has been nothing but harsh criticism about this group and a good majority of the members in it.  On top of that, you feel as if it's some sort of contest to "win" arguments by injecting what you feel are "facts" when it comes to these topics you're arguing.  The fact of the matter is, nobody really likes the negativity you continue to spew.  You insist on coming to this board only to ruffle feathers and get people's panties in a bunch; you know you're doing this, and you realize that most of the members here do not appreciate it.  However, you continue on that path for some sort of bizarre self-gratification on the matter.  You do this in the guise of love for a group that you once held in the highest regard, but I personally feel that your admiration for the group has long since passed.  If that's the case, why do you continue to annoy the members here?  Why do you insist on injection your ridicule into every discussion here?

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we honestly do not care for the negativity.  In fact, your extremely antagonistic responses generally cause most of the members here to immediately pull an about-face on the matter simply out of spite.  If you have something to say, that's fine.  If it's a bit critical, that's fine too.  However, continuing to harp on matters that most of us disagree with or find offensive is not only distasteful but borders on being repulsive.  Honestly, we don't want to hear a group which we love continue to get belittled.  We realize the group has changed from what it used to be, and we realize that certain things may not be quite as good as they used to be.  That doesn't mean we want to hear someone repeatedly denigrate the group every chance he or she might get.  I'm pretty sure I speak for most of us when I ask this of you -- please, cool it for a bit.  If you can't refrain from doing that, then it might be better if you just leave the board and find some other place to post.
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »
Here we go again with making this into I'm the bad guy mentality instead of actually taking the topic I'm talking about with some sense of rationality and reason. Most of you are so wrapped up in defending everything about the group and it really comes across as nonsense to even a fan like myself.

I'm also not here to start anything either, I'm merely posting my thoughts, and when someone replies to it with a response that has no basis in reality whatsoever, I'm not just going to sit here and concede defeat or anything, so if you are not mature enough and sensible enough to handle my honest opinion, DON'T FUCKING REPLY TO MY POSTS. Just ignore me, I don't care for nonsensical responses at all, but I'm replying to them out of courtesy.

As for the group, you are right in that I don't regard them as highly as I once did before, but I don't dislike every member either, I still have several members that I am very enthusiastic about so I don't think I'll ever abandon them just because there's a few bad apples in the group, so please don't tell me what to do, it's not within your right.

Lastly, grow some balls and face reality for a change, Idoling is where it's at because they do have some problems, mostly on the staff side, it's simply not in my nature to put my head into the ground and pretend that everything is peachy when it clearly isn't.

It's quite ironic that you think I'm only contributing negativity when it's merely my opinion bottom line, but your hating on myself is far stronger negativity around here.

And cut the high and mighty take on this matter as if your words have any wisdom, all you are doing is taking sides, and injecting even more nonsensical negativity against my honest opinion. Please grow up.

I forgot to say, I'm done in regards to this nonsense, if you want to curse me out or take this into a personal pissing match that you seem to desire, take it to PM, where it belongs.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:10:30 PM by Jenus »

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2012, 07:37:51 PM »
See, that's the problem.  I've tried to ignore you.  In fact, a lot of people here have, but you keep recapitulating your opinion as if it's gospel.  If you think I'm incorrect, just look at the amount of thanks I've already received from that post in the short amount of time it's been up.  You say grating things in an attempt to get a rise out of people on purpose, and then you proceed to defend your opinions while belittling others.  It reminds me of a high school debate class when these teenagers think that the world cares so much about their opinions that they must continue to dissect every minuscule detail and find faults with the opposing participants in an attempt to "beat the other guy." 

Maturity isn't just about handling another's opinion; it's about realizing that what you're saying is potentially discommodious and having the guts to drop the issue.  Unfortunately, as my aforementioned post seems to have not gotten through to you, it appears as if you'll never understand what I'm trying to say as you're blinded by your adamance to preserve your conjecture, even resorting to profanity-laced attacks.  It may not be my right to tell you what to do, but it is indeed my right to speak up for what I feel is right, and I feel your continued attacks against the group are unjust and unwanted on this board.

And since you edited your post, I have never once resorted to profanity in responding to you, nor do I plan on it.  It has no place in this discussion and only leads to tactlessness.  I have never once stated I hate you, either.  Looking back, I don't think anybody has ever said they flat out hate you, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.  It was your continued irreverence that lead me to write this to help you open your eyes and just think a bit before you post.  I stated this on the board for a purpose -- I want this to be heard and thanked by other people in an attempt to show you that I'm not alone in this matter.  I never had any plans on PM'ing you regarding the manner to begin with.  If you still don't get it, I'm honestly not sure what to say...

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
We don't know you, we don't hate you.
You came in peace, we welcomed you in peace.
But you started spreading flames to our board. Maybe the flame not directly burns us, but it burns our property and left out ugly scenery. That we can't just simply "ignore" you.
This board certainly has a rule regarding flamers.

You reminds me of https://twitter.com/yuisayaka. Speaking hatred "for the sake of the group". At first, everyone ignored it, but it becomes annoying when this person hashtag-ing every speech. Luckily twitter has workaround to filter the tweet from appearing in my search and timeline, but this board doesn't have that.

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2012, 08:25:35 PM »
This really has gone too far.

You reminds me of https://twitter.com/yuisayaka. Speaking hatred "for the sake of the group".
Wow, that guy is so obnoxious.  He is constantly "threatening" that he's going to stop following Idoling and just follow Korean artists.  As if the entire world is SO concerned about what this guy follows...wow. The pompousness of his entire account is just astounding. And a lot of the stuff he has posted is almost like word-for-word of what Jenus has posted..

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »
Here we go again

This is the third or fourth time this has gone completely out of hand. We have issued warnings before to keep it clean and fun, but no dice.

Due to repeated violation of the Code of Conduct (in particular Section A.1) the staff has decided to ban Jenus. It always sucks to lose a member and I do believe he wants the best for the group, but it can't be at the expense of everybody else's forum going experience.

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2012, 12:05:35 AM »
Thank you for taking action, its great to see mods really doing their job. Like we said before, there is no hate for him, he just got really out of hand and refused to listen when we told him he was getting out of hand.  :jphip:

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2012, 04:21:07 AM »
Damn, the guy actually gone and took his rantings across the board  :shocked  :rofl:
Seriously, i actually started taking pity. The guy gotta learn to 'enjoy life' ASAP

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2012, 05:16:29 PM »
Well then, let's go back to the main topics (be cool guys  :D :D). I found that #944 quite interesting, especially other members judgement about Nao, that she's a "boy". One funny comment about Nao came from Kurumin, said that Adult woman should not have small boobs  :lol: :lol:. Inline with previous Ami-talk segment about Nao (again  :P), said that other members really "loves" Nao. I started to think, maybe they right, IMHO Nao right now is different from Nao that we knew in 2008-2009. Cute looks & appearances slowly turn into boyish character, is it just me (or you guys think the same too)??

In terms of Idol group, i think it's fine to have a "boy" inside them, cause it will make group more colorful & interesting  :twothumbs :twothumbs. Beside Idoling!!!, there are also "boy" in other idol group right.. (you name it  :D)

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »
Well then, let's go back to the main topics (be cool guys  :D :D). I found that #944 quite interesting, especially other members judgement about Nao, that she's a "boy". One funny comment about Nao came from Kurumin, said that Adult woman should not have small boobs  :lol: :lol:. Inline with previous Ami-talk segment about Nao (again  :P), said that other members really "loves" Nao. I started to think, maybe they right, IMHO Nao right now is different from Nao that we knew in 2008-2009. Cute looks & appearances slowly turn into boyish character, is it just me (or you guys think the same too)??

In terms of Idol group, i think it's fine to have a "boy" inside them, cause it will make group more colorful & interesting  :twothumbs :twothumbs. Beside Idoling!!!, there are also "boy" in other idol group right.. (you name it  :D)

I need to learn some Japanese so I could understand the episodes   :smhid Nao was cuter when she was younger... She is definitely boyish but have you seen the latest pic in her thread here?  :shocked: Quite hot for a flat chested girl  :lol:
I feel sorry for Kaoru though in this episode, she's always the punching bag of Nao in these Sumo matchups  :lol:

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2012, 06:41:52 PM »
Quite hot for a flat chested girl  :lol:

Flat chests = best chests  :heart:

But yeah, she was cuter back in the day.  Old school vid that the official channel uploaded not too long ago:

Cliffs for those who don't undertand - she said the wrong title at the beginning, and that caused her to laugh so much that she started crying.

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »

Flat chests = best chests  :heart:

But yeah, she was cuter back in the day.  Old school vid that the official channel uploaded not too long ago:

Cliffs for those who don't understand - she said the wrong title at the beginning, and that caused her to laugh so much that she started crying.

Code are you a big Nao fan? :) I was laughing hard when she admitted she had flat chests though  :lol: Thanks for the cliffs

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - Fuel