JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Yurayura

Author Topic: Character Study [update 18May- oh?]  (Read 48487 times)

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Character Study [update 29Nov- Study #4]
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:44 AM »
 :shocked: And you did it again! :rofl: Seriously, I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you  :heart: *huggles*

I love Miki's sense of humor :lol: And she's so cute like that, in her own world, ignoring the rest of the universe (in this case Aya XD).  And what's with Ai-chan? lol  Miki is the best <3

Really, situation amuses me to no end. I totally understand Aya, I have been there. Gosh, all the "play-pause-rewind-play look, look at that, no, you didn't saw it, let's rewind again" it's so damn frustrating :lol: But knowing what it feels like only made it funnier to read :rofl: Forgive me, Ayaya ~

And that is why, Rika-chan, I glared at you the whole of today's recording and refused to speak with you in the dressing room.

I can almost see that death glare :rofl: :rofl:

What a wonderful way to get my spirits high in the morning. Are you sure I can't get used to this? Because I like a lot this kind of "Good Morning", you know XD Aah, I feel like a spoiled child ~

Thank you again :heart:

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Character Study [update 3Dec- Study#5]
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 07:44:34 PM »
I'm beginning to realize that all the writing I can do nowadays are pure crack. Starting to worry, actually. I have a half-finished promise to fulfill too :P. Maybe I should park this in the crack-to-go- anyone know how I can do that?

Character Study #5

“Urrgh,” she groaned, reaching for her phone. “Mou~ dare?”

She squinted against the harsh glare of the keitai screen's glow and blinked once to make out vague shapes of text.

<<Is it nature or nurture? I don't know...>>

She sighed exasperatedly, resting the phone on her chest and closed her eyes again. Just as she was falling back to sleep, the phone buzzed, jolting her back to reluctant consciousness.

After whimpering and thrashing like a child throwing a fit, she finally picked the phone up, “Mm?”

“Were you sleeping?”

“Un.”

“Sorry, do you want to go back to sleep?”

“Mm.”

“I accidentally drank some coffee earlier- now I can't sleep.”

“How can you-? Never mind.” Voice cracking from sleep, she adjusted the twisted covers and got herself into a comfortable position.

“Do you think I've changed since you've known me?”

“Umm- what time is it?” She glanced at her digital radio clock, “Well, you used to call me a little earlier.”

“I think I've changed.”

“We're older. We all grow up and change.”

“Yes, but I think I've changed to something that's not me anymore.”

“Huhn?”

“It's true. When we first joined, we were told to make a chara for ourselves. I think I never really made one myself, so they made it for me and now that they've made me, I don't know what that is and I'm this character I don't recognize on screen and off-screen, I don't know what I am anymore, and-”

“Chotto. What was that, your first sentence?”

“It's true?”

“No, after that.”

“Um- the producers made a chara for me?”

“No, nevermind,”

“I don't know if I'm dependable, or if I was made to be dependable.”

“Mmhm.”

Silence.

"Are you asleep?"

"No... *yawn*"

“What if we go out into the real world and discover that we're so different from the onstage personalities they made for us?”

“Mm. Could be worse.”

“Nande?”

“Could've gotten a Kemeko chara.”

“You're so bad.”

She grinned, eyes still shut, hearing the smile in her friend's voice.

"Look. All I'm saying is, there are worse things to be."

“I just feel lost. Like there are so many sides of me, that I don't know who the real me is anymore.”

“You know, I read somewhere, um, nandake?” She sat up from bed, yawning slightly, “Um, like the different sides and facets you have, like a diamond, makes you shine more brilliantly. That's you, Ai-chan- you're incredibly well-balanced, and symmetrical and tough and...”

“Iya ya,” Takahashi flushed suddenly, her cheeks warming, “Stop saying all that.”

“It's true, though.”

Silence. “Gaki-san reads?”

“Okay, I'm going back to sleep.” Risa flopped back onto her bed.

Giggling, Takahashi climbed into bed herself, “Sorry, sorry. Where did you read that?”

“Well, I made it up just now. But that's how I see you- you just have to accept that yourself.”

“I won't drink coffee in the evening anymore.”

“Good.”

“I've finished the tea you gave me.”

“I know, I'll buy you more.”

“Thank you for taking care of me.”

“Thank you for letting me.”

“I'll wake you up tomorrow morning. Goodnight, Risa-chan.”

“Mm.”

---

goodnight.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:57:44 PM by gracula »

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:06 PM »
lol I like the "Gaki-san reads?" its actually become intriguing on learning about them

and to answer your question, you have to talk to Yuu-sama (Yuuyami) the mod for this forum to change it over, she should be glad to change it over :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »
This was cute. Seems like Ai to be strung out on coffee, calling people randomly late at night and Gaki taking it in sleepy stride.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 02:44:08 AM »
Ai sounds exactly like me. orz Except I don't randomly call people. I text them instead. :lol:

If you need to move this to the crack-to-go section... *summons Yuuchan*

XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 02:45:52 AM »
And I is here! Welcome to your new home in the Crack to Go section <3

Wear a hardhat to protect yourself from writer's block and you'll be very well on your way to awesome :>

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 03:30:40 PM »
For a moment I couldn't found this thread XD Yay, update, now with more crack than before  :cow:

I'll edit later to make a proper comment, I have to go now. But I before that wanted to say YAY I SPY TAKAGAKI HERE  :heart: 

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »
kuro:  :P or you just have to have someone ask for ya.
rndm: Gaki Grunts are cute. That really is all I wrote this piece for.
essy: Wow! what level of Summoning do you have to be to get this good?  :lol:
Yuuyami: Much thanks for promptness. *grac looks around and nods with approval* This'll do nicely.
Ropychan: I spy dancing cow. See you later.

Just so I don't back out of this endeavor, I hereby pledge "Study #6: Charmy Ishikawa/graduation" over the weekend. Unless I get distracted by Miki Fujimoto, OBGYN vs. Aya Matsuura, Asst. D.A.

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
I was going to edit but... now I can post again without double post so I'll post again, yay ~

And you spied well, my friend  :cow: Updatee :cow:

I want Ai to drink  coffee at  evening often if that will result in more Gaki grunts. She's so damn cute like that, struggling to not fall asleep again. She can't even follow up with Ai conversation. Ai was in full tekette mode while poor subleader was still, wait, what  XD Too much information.

“Iya ya,” Takahashi flushed suddenly, her cheeks warming, “Stop saying all that.”

“It's true, though.”

Ah, the silence.  And then changing subject.  Interesting~
You didn't know how to answer to thats, Ai-chan? Bwahaha, love is in the air, or in the phone lol, I know it . The "Gaki-san reads?" bit made me laugh XD I swear I could see Ai smirking while saying that.

"Thank you for taking care of me.”

I loved their whole interaction here,  but especially those two lines. It made me melt a little. AW, why so adorable TakaGaki?  :heart:

Ai is dangerous with insomnia, she overthinks a little too much. But I like the fact Ai is being all worried while Gaki is being half-sleep relaxed until she made her friend calm down as well.  I'm happy she can count on Gaki to shake off her worries, even if it's late at night. So cute those two  :heart:

And Kemeko chara was one of the best! XD But she sure had endurance, being always picked on.

Just so I don't back out of this endeavor, I hereby pledge "Study #6: Charmy Ishikawa/graduation" over the weekend. Unless I get distracted by Miki Fujimoto, OBGYN vs. Aya Matsuura, Asst. D.A.

Now I'm officially uber excited! :cow: :cow:

Charmy is getting nearer ~  Rika-chan :heart: But I don't mind those kind of distractions, you know? They are really good distractions. So, either way, I'm eager to read. Awesomeness ensured  :w00t:

And I just killed my mouse here, btw. Dunno how  XD

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »
OMG, I love the AiGaki in this. It's simple yet so sweet. I think I'm gonna have a nice dream tonight while remembering this fic :)

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 05:30:57 PM »
Ahhhh, finally some time to sit down and write up some responses… ^^;
But firstly – thanks for the updates, grac! <3

As always, thank you all for reading. I can still scarcely believe that people will want to read the junk I crank out.

WAHHH???  :shocked:
There's no need to thank us for reading... we are the ones who have to thank you for writing.  :bow:
I'm always so thankful for my writers, and you're no exception. Thank you for writing, and for sharing. Really really.  :yep:

Yeah, you know, I've seen a still of Yossi touching the back of her neck during the Shabekuri interview I don't know if they were talking about the girls then. That's actually an unconscious tell- a sign that she's angry. We must track down the exact moment.

Was it the cap I posted in the IshiYoshi thread (my last post in that thread, if I’m not mistaken…)? Because if it is, then yes, that’s when they were talking about the girls. Angry? I’ve always taken that kind of body language to mean awkward or embarrassed/shy…  I remember seeing Rika touch her neck a lot while gushing about Moonlight Yossie in some random clip… xD Interesting that it could be interpreted as a sign of anger…

Errgh- I hope I don't get excommunicated by the Chuuch if my portrayal of Charmy/graduation ends up a little less than ideal.

If it’s you who’s writing it, then I have much faith. I mean, your Yossie one left me quite staggered… I can’t see how you could do any wrong… and like Ropy said, doesn’t have to be ideal. After all, it really can’t be, as everybody has different views about Rika. ^___^

*grac’s extras*

:lol:

Crack-tastic, my friend. Love them <3
Write more!!!!

Alrighty, better get this going or I’ll never have a comment up ^^;

Character Study #4: Ishikawa Rika, October 2005
by Fujimoto Miki

The title itself had me squealing. Is this going to be CHARMIKITTY?!  :inlove:

Certainly wasn’t expecting this… xD
A pleasant surprise, to have a Charmy study from Miki’s perspective. We get a bit of insight into Miki’s mind as well, which is a complete win-win  :twothumbs

Everyone exists for the sole purpose of Fujimoto Miki's entertainment.

This is the truth. XD

Or at least, in my eyes it is. Having watched Miki over quite a number of Hello!Morning episodes and such, I’ve come to notice that Miki REALLY enjoys having a laugh at people. Lol. And she’s pretty much the police during games (always the first one, and SO enthusiastic, to point out the people who have stuffed up and thus must face punishment  :twisted:).
I loved the way you put this across. 

1)Trying too hard to be funny
2)Buri-buri princess behaviour, forced or genuine
3)Lame puns, unless you were a senior leader and deference needed to be shown for proprieties' sake
4)Over-exaggeration of a role or character
5)Shameless self-praise
6)Ham

OUCH.

XD

Charmy’s in trouble, if this is the list of no-nos in Miki’s book. Aha.

BUT, what a nice, change of events with Miki actually praising Rika for being funny, even if it isn’t the kind of funny one ought to be flattered about xD (Oh Charmy!  :luvluv2:); and Yossie’s reaction is priceless.

“You weren't here in the morning- I came with Aya-chan for the Eriku Kamezo corner. She was...” she bent over laughing, wiping her tears as she recalled the shoot. “Hehh. Ma, anyway, she's hilarious.”

Such a Miki moment – I find that incredibly easy to picture. Your characterisation, again, top-notch; exactly the way I’d imagine Miki to explain something like that. <3

“…That was just fucking irritating. But you know what's really funny? That split second before she affects her Charmy chara and she realizes she has to do something really embarrassing. That is just too damned hilarious. She's fantastic.”

:nya: :nya:

The Charmikitty fangirl in me just exploded from her hidden depths inside and is cow-dancing like mad.

:cow: :cow: :cow:
I LOVE it when Miki says nice things about Rika (not that the bad-mouthing is particularly unpleasant, I sometimes quite enjoy her Rika-insults… >____>)

And I have to agree with you, Fujimoto-san. Rika is funny for the wrong reasons. ^__^
Although I can’t discredit Charmy 100%, Rika has become a very quick-witted talker, and can usually have people laughing quite easily without the need to poke fun at herself.

And yeah, she IS fantastic. Such a strong, lively presence. I’ll stop now before I go on a Charmy tangent. xD

Yossie gaped in confusion as Mikitty continued extolling the comedic virtues of Charmy Ishikawa, like a connoisseur describing fine wine.

LOLZ.
Now that’s something I would’ve never pictured before… me likey.  :grin:

I wonder what Yossie thinks of Rika though? We know now that Miki sees Rika as more than disgusting, but Yossie? Onegai, for more IshiYoshi-oriented character studies!

“Ah, Yocchan.” she said, casually swinging her duffel bag over her shoulder. “You tell Rika-chan any of this, I will wedgie you repeatedly during a concert.”

Eri will be thankful for the distraction… xD

And a fitting ending to an amusing ficlet <3
LOVED IT!

I have a very soft spot for Charmikitty (their whole apparent ‘feud’ and ill-feelings for one another only fuel this xD), so thank you for writing this the way you have. I’m sure you’ll have another Charmy study coming up from Charmy’s perspective herself? I mean, with this particular ficlet, you’ve only brushed over one of many facets which make up the wonderful Ishikawa Rika. There’s plenty more there to delve into.

AND, it felt more like a Miki study than anything. Not that I’m complaining! I’m plenty happy having read this! Thank you!

Character Study #5

TAKAGAKI!!!

OH, they are SO cute. I didn’t quite get… romantic vibes reading this, but it didn’t matter. TakaGaki friendship in itself is something to behold. And yes, even if it may seem awfully mundane. I think that’s part of the appeal.  :heart:

The late night (or early morning?) conversation between them here is just… awwwwwww~ kawaiiii.  :mon inluv:
I love how Gaki-san has to attend to Ai’s rather childish (and rather impulsive) urge to talk, ask questions; and of course, I love how naïve Ai-chan is. ^__^
It’s such a sweet kind of naïve, the kind that Gaki-san can’t quite get mad at.  :wub:

<<Is it nature or nurture? I don't know...>>

I have a feeling Ai’s been prodding Gaki-san with this long-debated question some few times already XD

It’s probably something that’s been eating away at her, especially when she’s trying to get some sleep. Awww.

“Sorry, do you want to go back to sleep?”

“Mm.”

“I accidentally drank some coffee earlier- now I can't sleep.”

Funny how easily Ai-chan can just continue the conversation… despite knowing that her Gaki-san would like to go back to sleep  :nervous

She’s just strange like that… seemingly kind and considerate, but can be a real douchebag sometimes. Nah, I love you Ai-chan. You’re just a little… oblivious to things sometimes.

“It's true. When we first joined, we were told to make a chara for ourselves. I think I never really made one myself, so they made it for me and now that they've made me, I don't know what that is and I'm this character I don't recognize on screen and off-screen, I don't know what I am anymore, and-”

A very valid question, Ai-chan. I don’t know what your character is either  :lol:

Does Ai-chan even have a character?

She’s just… a man-screaming girl who can be sexy or cute when she has to be (or wants to be  :inlove: ), is almost on par with Gaki-san in terms of awesome reactions, and is a bit of a shy gaming dork.

I don’t know what you are, Ai-chan. You’re just awesome. ^___^

“I don't know if I'm dependable, or if I was made to be dependable.”

You’ve touched on a lot of laudable questions, grac. I can certainly imagine Ai-chan asking herself these kinds of questions every day.

Is she really dependable? Or does she have to be, because she’s the leader of the group? Ai-chan is always talking down on herself, saying she’s nothing like a leader, that she’s unreliable, still childish.

Maybe she’s just too harsh on herself. I’m sure she’s a darling person, and the fact that she cares for the other members and treats them like equals, that alone shows that she’s a worthy leader. To me it does, though I’m sure others beg to differ.

“What if we go out into the real world and discover that we're so different from the onstage personalities they made for us?”

That’s another really good question to ask. I’m sure it’s something that’s crossed the minds of many of the momusus. For example, it took a character like Charmy to really give Rika the confidence boost she needed to stand out against all the other striking personalities (and not to be Negative Ishikawa, like Kaorin had scolded her about); I’m sure the personas they’ve ‘put on’ or at least, exaggerated, in front of the cameras – these really do help bring out the best of their personalities, and almost gives them something like a ‘footing’ for building themselves a tangible identity.

But yeah, I can definitely see how this question is worth asking. Even simply away from the cameras, they may feel conflicted about who they truly are and what they represent. When they go out into the real world sooner or later, what if they discover that they really are different? Would it change anything? Ultimately, I think no. I think the characters they’ve been given, or that they’ve fashioned for themselves, are wonderful. It allows them to explore sides of them, their strengths and their weaknesses, their stance towards one another, and the world.

“I just feel lost. Like there are so many sides of me, that I don't know who the real me is anymore.”

That’s not a bad thing, Ai-chan. Because that’s what makes you such an interesting character, still so hard to figure out, still so damn mysterious (in a sexay way, of course). And you’ve got plenty of life left to live, so there should be no rush in trying to find yourself.

Was that a moment of Gaki-san-loves-Ai-chan that the older girl completely did NOT catch? Tried to ignore?  :P

I’d like to think so, but aw. So Ai-chan.

The ever reliable subleader, best friend, momma figure, lover, whichever you want to view it as.
They probably finish off many conversations with these two lines. XD
A-grade Adorable!

“I'll wake you up tomorrow morning. Goodnight, Risa-chan.”

Ai-chan doesn’t sleep? XD
Or is she just the type who doesn’t need much of it? Hehe, looks like in a way, they’re taking care of each other.
Thanks for this ficlet, grac. I love talking about the girls, I love asking questions and trying to answer them, and I love TakaGaki. A very simple and straight-forward piece, yet so much to draw on. Lovely!

It doesn’t matter if it’s a Fujimoto or Ishikawa ficlet. I’ll be happy with whatever you have to offer.  In fact, that Miki one sounds HELLA interesting.

I have yet to be disappointed, and doubt very much that you’re even able to fall to that level. xD

Thank you again, and can’t wait for another update!

Waiting patiently for the next ficlet!  :heart:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:38:30 PM by Beecubed »

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »
Ropychan, Bee-sempai: between the both of you, I think you've managed to review more than I've written. :lol: kidding aside, I really do appreciate the incredible effort. Ropy is scarily quick, replying almost within the few hours I'd post something- and Bee, despite being away traveling, i feel so much :heart:. Thank you!

Now, I must endeavor to out-write the both of you.  :P

lil' hamz:  :) thanks- Takagaki really are the stuff dreams are made of, aren't they?

-----

And now, I present a FICTIONAL (they all are, but you know what I'm talking about) Character Study fluff cracklet. It is not at all based on any fact that we know of and is in no way affiliated with the existing series (maybe), but the scene came and I couldn't help myself.

All Night Long

It was exactly how Yossie imagined she would lose her virginity. (That time when she fell hard during a particularly brilliant volleyball save during middle school didn’t count.)

It was perfect- all soft curves and seeking mouths, lips and tongues and fingers. She’d lost track of time and space with abandon, glad that they didn’t need to be mindful of noise and they had been gloriously, unapologetically passionate.

Just when she thought it couldn’t get any better, the still of the aftermath brought home why she was really, really ~really~ into girls. Small hands stroking smoothly everywhere to calm and relax, soft nonsensical whispers and declarations of love and forever- not at all the “roll over and sleep” part of sex that Nakazawa-nee-san had declaimed, during the instructional Talk.

Yossie studied the lines of Rika’s sleeping face, and reassessed her internal definition of adorable. She raised her hand to brush a stray lock of hair away from Rika's beatific face when a noise from those angelic lips that sounded anything but stopped her.

A low, demonic rumbling that gradually rose in volume reverberated out of Rika, like a far-off storm, except that the far-off storm was right next to Yossie. She froze, wide-eyed and then gently nudged Rika’s head to rest on it’s side. The snoring stopped, and Yossie sighed in relief.

Snuggling down beside her Rika-chan, she pressed a soft kiss onto her sweet-smelling head and held her closer.

*Snnorrrrkkh*

Yossie’s eyes flew open, every muscle tensing- and she stayed like that for a long time, losing track of time and space.

Morning couldn’t come soon enough, and Rika woke up with a smile. Her new lover was already up and she drew Yossie into a kiss.

“Ohayo,” she whispered. “Did you sleep well?”

“Mm, I- I was, uh- watching you sleep all night.”

That was the sweetest thing Rika had ever heard- and it was exactly how she imagined she would lose her virginity.

-----

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program. Thanks for watching.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:16:45 PM by gracula »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Character Study [update 7Dec- crack intermission]
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 12:50:25 AM »
*dies on the spot*

Oh poor poor Yossie. :lol:

Still, it felt incredibly possible. :P

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:18 AM »
 :lol: Yossie watching her sleep all night, how sweet XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my god. That's, it, I really can't even find the words. XD XD Hilarious.

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 11:51:50 AM »

Aww this is so sweet!  :wub:, Just like TakaGaki I suppose  :lol:

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »
:cow: Yay, update!  With IshiYoshi! :cow:

I can only say that I'm crying, and not from sadness :rofl: This is too much  :rofl:

Poor Yossie  :yossi: But yes, I can see this happening :lol: This whole situation is so hilarous ~

(That time when she fell hard during a particularly brilliant volleyball save during middle school didn’t count.)

This made me laugh out loud . I felt oddly identified with that. I feel your pain Yossie. Of course it doesn't count that way. It doesn't!  :lol:

A low, demonic rumbling that gradually rose in volume reverberated out of Rika, like a far-off storm, except that the far-off storm was right next to Yossie.

It's exactly like that. I know people who snore badly, and the feeling is just like that.  It's brilliant how the situation was so perfect and lovely and adorable and then, all of it, cracked. Way to destroy Yossie perfect night :lol:

I liked how you used some phrases at the beginning and then at the end again. Like the 'losing track of time and space', at the beggining it was for a good reason, she was lost in the moment <3. B$ut later it was due to Rika's snoring  and the shock of such demonic sound emerging from her XD And the 'it was exactly how she imagined she would lose her virginity'  :lol: Yes, reading it in the first line was 'Aww'. Reading it in the last line was just hilarous.

“Mm, I- I was, uh- watching you sleep all night.”

That was the sweetest thing Rika had ever heard- and it was exactly how she imagined she would lose her virginity.
HOW SWEET :heart:

Leaving untold unnecessary information, uh?  :rofl: I think it was for the best . And Rika doesn't know she usually snore badly, does she? Rika-chan is so adorable, even while snoring  :otomerika:   I hope Yossie can get used to the snoring soon, otherwise...  well it's going to be a problem  :rofl:

Aaah, I love it  :heart:

Writing a good fic, in general, is difficult. But writing something is good AND funny, that's even more difficult, at least from my point of view. But you are fantastic at it. With what you have already written I can see you are totally capable of writing almost anything. Maybe is just that you write in a way I love, or maybe is just that you are awesome  :heart: In fact, is both.

Ropychan, Bee-sempai: between the both of you, I think you've managed to review more than I've written. :lol:  kidding aside, I really do appreciate the incredible effort. Ropy is scarily quick, replying almost within the few hours I'd post something- and Bee, despite being away traveling, i feel so much :heart:. Thank you!

It's more like you update when I'm around. This time I was out having fun (and I slept like 12 hours today lol) so I didn't see the update until now. But yeah, I told you,  I'm stalking your fics. It's only natural XD And thank you in any case! Your ficlets/crack/whatever you write each time are always very enjoyable :heart:

Bee and her epics comments are awesome :bow: We still have a long way to go.

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Character Study [update 10Dec- Character Study #6]
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »
Essy: innit? I've always thought Rika would be such the dude, despite her girly behaviour.
Kuro:  :P
Rndm: Glad you liked it.
Odd: desshou?
Ropy: Taicho. <salutes> I wish to report that Mission: Charmy/graduation is going badly. I have 8 pages of words, but no story.

So I'm amputating parts of that story and making new little stories, displaying the limbs, as it were. Don't wonder too much about where this bit would've fit in the original story

----
Character Study #6: IshiYoshi, birds

June 1998
Taura, Yokosuka City Middle School
Yokosuka, Kanagawa

She would spend most of her spring and summer afternoons before club activities out on the pier, staring at the large, hulking grey battleships tethered to the JDSF Yokosuka Naval Base. It was nice to get away from the bustle of school and Mao-kun, the school’s resident cat would be there occasionally to keep her company. If her dog wasn’t quite so- enthusiastic about cats, she would’ve liked to get one.

Negotiating her way down the rusted metal stairs onto the concrete landing, a flash of movement caught her eye- black wings beating around a lifeless lump of organic matter. She stood stunned, horrified, watching the carrion crow picking at the remains of her feline friend.

“Go away!” she shouted, making shooing gestures at the crow.

The crow hopped aside and cawed, eyeing her belligrently before spreading its wings to fly off. Heart in her throat, she moved closer to the carcass of what was once a living creature she’d spent warm afternoons and parts of her karaage bento with. Out of reflex, she held her breath as she neared the mess of fur, bone and spilled guts.

Pulling her gym towel out of her bagpack, she covered the rotting Mao-kun and considered the best way to pick him up. A sudden fluttering of many wings startled her and she looked up to see a murder of crows bearing down on her.

With a terrified shriek, she snatched Mao-kun up without a second thought and ran for the stairs. She felt buffeting wings and scrabbling claws, loud harsh cawing making her ears ring and the smell of decay burning her nostrils.

Rika dropped to her knees and screamed.

----

November 2002
TV Tokyo Corporation
Minato, Tokyo

“Gomen, Yossie. I didn’t mean to freak out on you like that.”

“Its okay. I knew you weren’t so good with birds, I shouldn’t have.”

Maki was eyeing the both of them from the door, shifting uncomfortably in her sparrow suit.

Yossie was miserable for most of the rest of the day.

----

March 2006
TV Tokyo Corporation
Minato, Tokyo

Yossie took one look at her Tengu costume and told her dresser to take the wings off the back.

As with all good intentions, it backfired when Rika, who was puttering around Yossie's dressing room found the cluster of feathers and startled everyone with her short shriek.

It took Yossie two hours to convince Rika that she didn't do it on purpose. Having Mikitty cackling in the background didn't help matters any.

----

May 2007
Saitama Super Arena
Saitama City, Saitama

"You're kidding me." Yossie said, touching her graduation costume lightly. "It wasn't like this during full-dress!"

"Isn't it beautiful, Yocchan?" Miki elbowed her not so subtly.

Yossie recovered smoothly and smiled winningly at the wardrobe mistress, "It's beautiful. I can't believe you hand-sewed each feather on yourself overnight. Thank you for your hard work."

She couldn't change out of that costume fast enough after it was over.

----

October 2009
Yokohama Chinatown, enroute Yokohama Park
Yokohama, Kanagawa

"Rika." Yossie turned to her friend suddenly, in a very serious tone, "Listen, I need to tell you something and you need to stay calm."

"Nani?" Rika's heart rate picked up. Anticipation and apprehension felt quite similar, she thought to herself.

Yossie took her hand and moved to face her, "We're going to the park, right?"

"Ye-s?"

"Well..." Yossie stopped and with a flurry of movement, took her hoodie off and draped it over Rika gently. She yanked the hood over Rika's head to the girl's confusion. "Rika-chan, there are- pigeons. Between us and the park." Yossie hissed, looking over her shoulder.

Rika blinked, stunned. And then she threw her head back and laughed in a most unladylike fashion.

"Oh, Hi-chan!" she giggled. "Let's go." Rika looped her arm around Yossie's companionably. Pigeons scattered and fluttered around them as they walked right through, "I feel safer already, oujisama."

Yossie blushed slightly, "I thought-"

"I didn't show you where my school used to be, when you visited my hometown." Rika said as they approached the pier. "It was kind of like this, except with more ships and less trees. And too many birds- Yokosuka's a migration route..."

It was an incredibly enjoyable day.

----

I feel like Dr. Frankenstein. So weird.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:27:57 PM by gracula »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
You know, I had always wondered about Rika's fear. Phobia's do tend to stem from childhood trauma after all.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 07:10:52 PM »
After reading this one, Miki in a pigeon suit and the fear of birds is still in her system :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Yurayura