JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jackie Chan - Unforgettable

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 574402 times)

Offline clem84

• Member+
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2300 on: September 16, 2016, 07:51:27 PM »
I'd be very surprised if they held a public meeting, charged entrance fees, to... what, annouce something negative? I'm leaning more toward this being simply a way to get fan feedback to know in which direction they want the group's many activities to go. I'll give them points for originality though. In my, admitedly limited, experience with the idol scene I don't remember seeing this.
They probably do the whole array of events: Group Shots and Group Handshakes, the individuals and signs...
Turns out you and mixedmedia were both kinda right. Here's how it went down. Group handshake, group photo, individual handshake/cheki, and finally group photo but by themselves, not with fans. No signing but, you know, who cares? :) It cost me 3 of those singles but I finally got my cheki. Happy!  :twothumbs

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2301 on: September 17, 2016, 01:51:13 PM »
As most of you know already by reading yout tweets, Makochan made a surprise appearance during the encore of today's hachaketai one man. At the beginning of the show each member came out with an egg-shaped piece of cardboard and then "cracked" the egg to reveal themselves. Makochan did the same, we just didn't know it was her. Huge surprise. For a moment there I was secretly hoping she'd come back in the idol world as a fifth member of hachaketai... Obviously that didn't happen. She stayed for the encore to support the other 4 and to cheer the crowd. Very cool moment.

BTW hachaketai lives are fun. They played all the songs usually performed by them and a few Passpo songs that sounded to me like they were 'remixed'? Sometimes it took me a few seconds to recognize them. They sounded a little different. The best song they play at these lives is always saiko saiko. It was the most fun at the release event yesterday and at today's concert. The crowd interaction during that song is crazy.

Oh the two new songs from the single. I wasn't expecting much but they're pretty decent. They remind me of their other songs... A pretty energetic tempo and plenty of attitude. The second one, Matsuri something... I like it.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2302 on: September 17, 2016, 03:09:00 PM »
I like how the fans will let whoever go right to the front when their favorite member is singing at Hacchake-tai lives. I've also seen fans do it at Upga shows too. I feel like the remixes are more like old '90's avex technopop/Eurobeat style because that's sort of their thing?

I feel like Nachu really shines with Hacchake-tai b/c of her "dame ningen" character and it seems to have spilled over to PASSPO too? Naomin also has a decent following in Hacchake-tai even if I think she's the least popular in PASSPO now.

So much Yukkii butt slapping recently too!

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2303 on: September 18, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »
Since popularity has been a subject recently, I was wondering is Palet a thing these days? - their singles are pretty consistently in the top 10 weekly charts, PASSPO's last single was only 21st.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2304 on: September 19, 2016, 05:55:42 AM »
palet has definitely seen better days with 4 members graduating and their contract with Nippon Columbia ending in 2015. As long as Yui, Riona, and Mayu are around, I still have reasons to not completely lose interest for now.

I'm thinking that palet has been pretty lucky with the timing of their releases? I feel pretty bad for Cheeky Parade only making it to 17th when palet made it to 9th with almost twice as many CDs sold. SMH at people buying a SMAP single from over 10 years ago after they announced they were disbanding.

Even with Mayu having left 3min, Sakoti still seems to be helping them with their choreo.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2305 on: September 19, 2016, 09:41:34 AM »
I guess part of Palets salesl comes from them making songs for animes or tv-shows, those things can make even non-fans buy a CD.

Ok enough off-topic, was just curios ;)

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2306 on: October 01, 2016, 10:10:45 PM »
Love refrain radio rip (with lots of talking so we can only hear half of it)
Code: [Select]
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4v3h8e_passpo-%E3%83%A9%E3%83%96%E3%83%AA%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3-radio-rip_music

I assume the chipmunk singing the 1st verse is from SS. Anyway, very lighthearted poppy stuff. Melody sounds way too familiar.

@Jam Band set
Code: [Select]
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4umgu1_band-passpo-jamx%E3%83%8A%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BCexpo2016_music

It's a live set without the overdubs of a DVD release (there's a tape running in the back, but still) so we can hear if our girls made some progress over the last year and a half. Unfortunately still a lot of obvious mistakes.

(sorry for the links, just copy-paste)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2307 on: October 01, 2016, 10:48:45 PM »
You beat me on posting a BAND PASSPO clip.  :lol: Thank you though for the full version! I am all fired up now for their next One Man as a Band.
At least I can provided the Wanted! cut on Youtube ;)

Interesting to see the changes in songs to adjust them to the instrumental skills, like the guitar solo in Shoujo Hikou.

Otherwise pretty critical, aren't you? For a group only learning instruments for like 2 years(?) it is pretty impressive. And I rather have a rough sound than a polished version (Shiny Road on the New Years Live still bugs me with them omitting a failure). Annya does a great battery, Naomi is good enough already on leads for having changed to it not too long ago. And Yukki looks just cool in her posture 8)2

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2308 on: October 01, 2016, 11:20:38 PM »
^^ Wow, I didn't expect the song to actually sound like Silent Siren - aside from the group singing (which is very PASSPO'ish). If I didn't know I wouldn't have been been able to tell it was PASSPO - but since I like both groups it doesn't bother me much.

Maybe some of SaiSai's success will rub off on PASSPO (I assume that's the whole idea here).

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2309 on: October 02, 2016, 01:57:11 AM »
This is part of why I want Silent Siren to do well in America, maybe Platinum Production will send PASSPO☆ in the future.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2310 on: October 02, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »
Otherwise pretty critical, aren't you?
Yes, we may already like it at the level they're on now, but in order to get beyond the novelty act level they still need to improve.
Mio's playing for approx. 4 years now and Anna for 5+ years if I'm correct, and it shows imo.

https://twitter.com/idolrenaissance/status/782450570762199040
So there's yet another Tracks/@Jam theme clone. :? And Shiori sings the chorus again. :O
Good for her she didn't mix up the almost identical melodies. :)

ps. it's Kana-boon's Silhouette (from nov. 2014)

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2311 on: October 03, 2016, 06:54:34 AM »
I was there. I was certain they had simply performed the @jam theme.  :) It sounded pretty similar.

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2312 on: October 04, 2016, 04:13:59 PM »
Would be great if silent siren could make a cameo apperance on the new Passpo pvs also...lol.

:shocked:

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2313 on: October 08, 2016, 06:26:38 AM »
New uniforms! I like it, may not be the best I've seen . . . but it works . . .

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2314 on: October 08, 2016, 07:28:29 AM »
Those are cute!  :heart:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2315 on: October 08, 2016, 09:21:47 AM »
they look nice. Simple but effective.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2316 on: October 08, 2016, 09:38:40 AM »
Some more photos of the new uniforms.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2317 on: October 08, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »
Guess Mio don't like her own legs much!!!

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2318 on: October 08, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »
Did anyone watch that press conference thing? I tried to, but since I don't understand Japanese I have no idea what they talked about.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2319 on: October 08, 2016, 02:07:23 PM »
Watched the Showroom Live with the discussion right now. Of course I didn't understood a thing. There were a lot of talks about BAND PASSPO (as expected) and some questions about tokutenkai and former members. I hope it was not meant in the way of "why they don't take up new members" kinda thing. I am strongly against that in the context of the groups history.
Anyways, the girls seemed serious, especially Anna has held an emotional speech, saying something about seriously continuing with the group, with the Band, as seven members, and that they consider their passengers as very important. In the end she was fighting her tears.
(Nevertheless seeing idols I only know with cheerful attitude being involved in serious discussions makes me always uncomfortable. They then act so different that I fear of them to break up immediately :lol:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jackie Chan - Unforgettable