JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Heartbeat

Author Topic: Fan fiction skype podcasts - party podcast 4 now up  (Read 73997 times)

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • do a thing make a writing
Might be easier to just discuss the top however many pairings in general and then we can each chime in with pros or cons as we see fit. Since we all get so terribly distracted. XD and it would avoid repetition.

We could make a list here? I'm all for it anyway.

I'd love to go into more in depth fic discussion as well but it always seems like when the podcast rolls around no one is prepared XD At least I wasn't last time personally.

In any case I wanna talk to everyone again~

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
It can be a top however many you want.  I just threw out top 5 because that's how many I came up with in one sitting.

The idea though is for people to think them out ahead of time so that they won't blank out when put on the spot.

Also, people could if they wanted to prepare Youtube interactive sessions to illustrate some point that they find appealing about the pairing.

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Ahaha I just mean maybe we come up with a master list that we all discuss rather than each talking about 5 pairings cuz then we avoid being redundant. Like for example we start off talking about Takagaki or w/e and people can voice their opinions and then we move on to another pairing like Kameshige, etc. I certainly agree we should come up with them beforehand tho so people can think about what to say. Maybe it would be helpful if people listed the ones they for sure wanna talk about so you could start making a list? It may even be something you split up across different podcasts so it could be more in depth. Like one week talk about MM pairings, next time Berikyuu, inter-group pairings, etc.

Obvious ones i wanna discuss and that are likely on multiple people's lists are probably:

Takagaki
Tanagaki
Kameshige
Tanakamei
Tanashige
ReinAi

I also think it would be interesting to discuss what you posted in the rant thread about 'canon' and fanfic terminology. Could probably get a good discussion going on about that :)

EDIT: ahaha so after talking w Rokun I feel the need to clarify my idea further. I guess what I'm more or less suggesting is we could essentially go down the list of nearly every pairing and discuss them if we wanted to, that way the lesser known ones get touched on but the really popular ones don't get the same redundancy from each person XD tho if we wanna just do a top five I am also totally on board for that. Just trying to come up with ideas is all ^^;
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:00:54 PM by Quietriot »

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
The last thing I want is for the discussion to veer into "I hate your favorite pairing" territory.  And, even if different people like the same pairing, they might like them for different reasons.  So, I was hoping that instead of going down some master list and having people have to say like or not like, we could just have our own lists and then the other members can "learn" from them rather than having to agree.

(my list is probably up to seven now)

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Ahahah, I see your points. Fair enough. ^^

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
I like Fimmy's suggestion. I don't know if it would degenerate into hate... Or maybe I have too much faith in us? :sweatdrop: Maybe we could try to say something nice for every pairing, even if it comes down to "...Uh, they're hot?"

Or I'm just stupid and you can ignore me... XP

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
When I thought of it in my head it kinda went more like if anyone had something to say about that pairing (and we can restrict it to positive or whatever if we had to) they could chime in. For example, with Takagaki, you could have the people who like that pairing or have something interesting to say about it discuss it and then move on, and people that don't like it can refrain from speaking at that time. The only reason I mentioned doing it this way is for a bit more organization because I foresee a lot of overlap anyway and so idk I feel like it might be easier to discuss pairings individually rather than have people list them and then get into the same discussion multiple times or be like oh, well, I don't have much to say here because I already mentioned it back when so-and-so was talking about this same pairing. EDIT: and it would also be a way to discuss pairings that might not make it onto any of our lists but are still ones people write about/are interested in, that sort of thing.

Not trying to be picky or anal, though, so I'm all for doing what everyone else thinks is best. :3 And personally I still wanna talk about stories too but my mind's not yet wrapped around a good idea for that XD

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Ummm…why don’t you guys get the list clear in your mind and then state categories where they fit later? That way the conversation can go to fics as well.

I mean… it’s rather obvious that every writer likes each pairing for something different since every single story is different. And everyone puts their pairing in their stories due to different reasons.

From popular pairings to really unusual ones, the combinations are endless in the creative minds of jphip. And that’s thanks to the girls themselves.

It could be easier for people to understand why you like that pairing if you can provide visuals that show just how they interact with each other or the way they react individually to the situations that occur around them. That way you can pinpoint just exactly why you feel the drive to use all that information you have gathered from their ‘personalities’ to cast them as a pairing.

Lol then at the corner:  “Pairings of the Pod: Cast them in true love.” Or something crazy like that lol; everyone could see and understand just how inspiration runs from every simple glance the girls give each other and see just how well they can work in a fic.

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Here are some categories that you can use to describe your favorite pairings:

1) How sexualized do you think this pairing is?  (are the doing it all the time, are they platonic, or are they somewhere in between?)

2) How exhibitionistic do you think this pairing is? (are they spamming their pairing all the time with two-shots, avoiding each other like the plague, or somewhere in between)?

3) How popular do you think this pairing is?

4) How long do you think it will last?

5) How sexy do you think the two of them are together?

6) Is this pairing monogamous?

7) What sort of category would you put this pairing in (if any):

(A) Musumeyaku/Otokoyaku (terms from the Takarazuka review: female role/male role)
(B) Manzai team (tsukkomi/boke)
(C) Senpai/Kouhai
(D) Mischief Makers
(E) Student Counsel Leaders
(F) Loli/Bear
(G) Tall/Short
(H) Shinyuu/Best Friends
(I) Twin Towers
(J) Fangirl/Oshimen:
(K) Sukeban (Yanki Gang)

Of course, you are not restricted to just these questions ...

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
How about Friday the 27th of July, 8PM or later EST for the next podcast?

I think I tracked down the problem that caused us not to get recorded last time.

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
If I'm not too drugged up from my pre-op I'll totally be there. Late, but there. :3

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
I'm not sure if I can attend this one. I am moving this weekend and I'll be busy settling down into the new house with unpacking and organizing everything. It really depends how quick the unpacking goes for me to be sure. I have way too much stuff to put away and my sisters and mom have more than me. lol I'll be helping them for a few days.

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
gah idk if ill be able to yet, thats the week of my churches aniversery and i was one of the 1st members so to speek so i might have to be there ;3; and knowing these things it'll be late when i get back >.< u guys would probably be done
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
I would like to, I asked for a short shift on that day, fingers crossed that it happens.

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
lol, guys. Rokun mentioned podcasts to me and (unbeknownst to him) I thought to myself, "what podcasts?". :sweatdrop:
Going through them now and they're so awesome. T___T Just dropping by to say.
Your next one sounds like it will be interesting, I have great interest in pairing discussions, lol.

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
looks like i'll be out for friday. starting from wed till friday nights i'll be at church for my churches aniversery and i gotta help out and be there for support since im one of the original members and stuff ;3;

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
So I just made the connection that the Olympics start on Friday. Love you guys but I'mma take a rain check on this one. :3

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Doesn't sound like a lot of people are able to make it.

Should we give it a try and see if surprise people show up or should we push it back to Saturday, or to Friday Aug 3rd?

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
i'd say go for next friday but thats just me lol

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Ah that's right Olympics are Friday... so that's certainly bad timing lol. They'll be every day for the next two weeks too, so depending on if anyone (like me) will be watching as much of it as possible... XD

That said, I'd like to participate in the next one too, and hiya Kuji. ^^
Aside from Olympics (which I could maybe have on muted while the podcast is going, that's even if anything interesting is on at the time lol), I shouldn't have anything going on for any upcoming Fridays... Next week might be good to try.

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Heartbeat