JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Kiss My Lips

Author Topic: Official Boxing Thread  (Read 77183 times)

Offline trueinnuendo

• Member+
Re: Official Boxing Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 03:08:17 AM »
I thought the fight was May 1..?

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2007, 06:05:51 AM »
so mayweather jr won -.-. He's too cocky for me to admire him.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 07:23:57 PM »

That was a good fight  :grin:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2007, 09:05:35 AM »
so much for that. KO by MAyweather.

British Ricky Hatton vs US Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. won by K.O and keep his WBC title.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »
Never saw the fight unfortunately cause of the time difference and having to pay for it, but unlucky for Hatton. Alright he's a Man City fan, but I won't hold that against him, he's a class fighter, one of the best from Britain (though not the best, that goes to Joe Calzaghe). Guess that's Lewis Hamilton winning BBC Sports Personality Of The Year Award then, what a joke.

But there was another big fight here in the UK as well. Upcoming prodigy and Silver medal award winning boxer Amir Khan fighting Graham Earl, a former world title contender. Khan's faced some weak opposition before, with fights only lasting the first few rounds, and Graham promised to give him a proper fight, did this go any different? Nope. In fact, the fight was all over at 1min and 12 secs when Khan knocked him to the canvas :lol: No doubt Khan can throw punches faster than you can see them, and a great boxer, just please, please give him some stiff competition next time.

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2007, 08:07:12 PM »
Saw the Hatton-Mayweather match, great fight! The undercard matches sucked! Peter Manfredo got beat, I seriously don't see much left for him, he's lost how many of his last matches?

The Hatton-Mayweather match was great though, Hatton came out beasting the first couple rounds, so aggressive that Mayweather couldn't setup his punches like usual although Hatton wasn't really hurting Mayweather as he wasn't landing a lot of his punches. As Hatton starts letting off and Mayweather just starts setting his punches up, he started hurting Hatton and got him good with two great combination flurries at the beginning and the end of round 8. Round 10 the KO. Hatton definitely brought out the best in Mayweather though and is a great fighter, lots of respect shown by Mayweather towards Hatton after the fight.

Looks like Mayweather is taking a looooong break though, they're saying 2008 off for sure and perhaps 2009!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2008, 09:54:22 AM »
Whoa, why these old folk still fighting?

Roy Jones and Felix TRinidad going at it. Jones wins it lol

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 03:41:15 AM »
Cotto vs Margarito~

We saw Cotto at the airport here in PR last sunday when Daigong was leaving... a couple of paparazzi were following him taking pics XD

[youtube=425,350]Avorgxi9lfI[/youtube]

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2008, 12:33:12 AM »
WERD!! I stalked him well. I had no idea what he looked like but all these peoples was getting his picture so HMM...he should take on the Mexicutioner!!

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 12:32:04 AM »
He gave it his all, but lost to Margarito... Apparently that Margarito guy was a freaky machine man that wouldn't fall no matter what =O  He broke poor Cotto's nose and then Cotto's energy went down as he got tired, and Margarito resisted everything.

It was Cotto's first defeat. I heard that Margarito had been defeated before, but only by deliberation... he's never been knocked out  :O

Now there's rumors that Margarito's after-fight tests came out positive for steroids and he might lose the title O_o

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 12:50:28 AM »
Cotto/Margarito is already a good candidate for Boxing Fight of the Year... a true boxer/brawler classic.

I can only imagine what went through Cotto's mind as he realized Margarito was not even slowing down from his best shots. Seriously Cotto hit him with everything he got, massive power shots, and nothing happened...

Almost halfway through, it looked liked Cotto might be able to dance his way to victory, but then the tide turned, and Margarito slowly took over. Tijuana Tornado indeed.

And the steroid rumours are baseless speculation, the test results only arrive later this week.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 01:03:18 PM »
Hopkins hands Pavlik his first loss via UD. B-Hop still got some fight in him. :pimp:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 10:02:34 AM »
roy jones what? bernard hopkins who? mayweather KEEPS A PRIVATE JET huh?

Fuck all that! THE COUNTDOWN TO DECEMBER 6th HAS BEGUN!! O0

After months of negotiation, finally, the deal has been sealed. Golden Boy and Top Rank Promotions announced that the De La Hoya-Pacquiao fight will be scheduled on Dec. 6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The terms of the purse for both parties were not disclosed although they will be fighting with an eight ounce gloves and the fight will be held in welterweight, which is 147 lbs.

They been running this documentary leading up to the BIG FIGHT. Here's the first episode:

DOWNLOAD
http://lix.in/-33033a

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2008, 08:01:57 PM »
Bumping this up for the bout tonight

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »
I'm just thinking that the Pacman is a wee bit over his head with this one. He's jumping up two weight classes to get a massive payday and a very likely beating from the much bigger De La Hoya. But I'm still pumped and interested to see what'll happen. If Manny can pull off the upset, he'd solidify his p4p #1 standing for sure.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2008, 04:55:04 AM »
Yeah - Oscar got all the physical advantages, Manny gotta just wear him down. MAIN EVENT ABOUT TO BEGIN!

WATCH IT HERE: http://www.mmashare.com/live-stream.php

CRUSHIING WILL TO WIN ITS A DREAM MATCH

Manny might even be heavier!

Any of yall watched that 24/7 first ep? it's on youtube. hilarious. manny's wife comes to visit and he's in the middle of karaoke. I'm pretty hyped about it.

Slater interviews Pacman :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008, 05:54:11 AM »
SPOILERS

TKO!!! WOO HOO PACMAN!! Oscar got beat the FUCK UP!!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2008, 06:08:14 AM »
Fuck yeah! :rockon:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
[spoiler]The golden boy never looked like he was confident even from the start. And it was quite a bad strategy to go all out from the start for Hoya imo.[/spoiler]

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2008, 02:35:51 AM »
In case you haven't watched it over and over by now (/me shoots a weird look at words, TRU, arian lol)

DOWNLOAD MANNY vs Oscar: http://lix.in/-3dfbd8

credit, www.newbix.net

btw. I had made some Manny banners (corrected the tagalog, props TRU!) using pix from the Nike site: http://nike.com.ph/manny/

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Kiss My Lips