JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Grapevine - (All the Young) Yellow

Author Topic: Gunman kills 30 at US University  (Read 16319 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Gunman kills 30 at US University
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:33:06 PM »
At least 31 people have been killed and 10 injured after a gunman went on the rampage at the campus of Virginia Tech university in Virginia, US.

My condolences fo out to all of those involved.

I don't mean to be callous, but this thing is expected with a country that can issue guns out to any Tom, Dick or Harry

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
Re: Gunman kills 30 at US University
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »
Damn... that's really scary >_<   I used to think that the US was such a "safe" place to live, but in these last years I've been proven very mistaken... These kinds of things happening there in schools and now even universities is just crazy.  :(

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:24:12 PM »
Well really no Country is safe, I remember Canada had a shooting incident at a Uni.  If Canada isn't safe than no place is, unless your living alone <_<
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 08:38:57 PM »
Just read an article on this in a paper. It's horrible. All those people studying to make something out of life, and suddenly it ends so quickly.

Makes me kinda sad.
[/url]

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 08:43:03 PM »
Scary. People that think this is somehow unique to the US need to wake up. There was one in Montreal a few months ago - and Canada has very strict gun laws. I don't think that has a whole lot to do with it.

Offline DaiShuryou

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:51:10 PM »
Right, the US is not the only country. In Germany we had several of this guys too, but sadly the German government say that ego-shooter games (or how they call them here : "Killergames") are responsible for it, because they don't want to know the true motivations >_<

31 is a really big number of victims. I hate this stupid gunfuckers
Legendary Pretiness

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 09:11:19 PM »
Scary. People that think this is somehow unique to the US need to wake up. There was one in Montreal a few months ago - and Canada has very strict gun laws. I don't think that has a whole lot to do with it.

I'm not saying it solely happens in the US, and if people got that impression, then I apologise. Hell there are evil bastards everywhere. But there's no denying that the US has a large gun culture. And by looking at how easy it is to acquire a gun, it's a deadly and scary tool to give to some potential scum that has no respect for human lives.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 09:16:40 PM »
No one needs a gun to kill. If they can't do it with a gun, they'll do it another way. It doesn't matter how hard or easy it is to get a gun. Like Asmo just said, Canada's got strict gun laws and people are still getting guns.

Offline Tikitty

• ecchi
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 09:25:52 PM »
Damn... that's really scary >_<   I used to think that the US was such a "safe" place to live, but in these last years I've been proven very mistaken... These kinds of things happening there in schools and now even universities is just crazy.  :(
It's not just that America is not safe, it's just that people there have more access to guns than, say, then the guys who live up above them in Canada. Up here, you have to litterally register a gun, which is just a waste of paperwork, before you can use it. We still have shootings up here, just with illegal smuggled guns.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 09:46:19 PM »
I'm agreeing with Tuffty here.

Sure, if someone had gone nuts and really to kill some people, he would use any methods he could and there's no stopping him (Anyone could just just drive their 4WD into a uni and start running over anyone he/she sees and there's no way you can ban cars).

But potentially, it could be a spurt of the moment thing...for example, if a cleaner gets made fun of by some asshole students, he goes home feeling his pride was hurt, then he sees a shot-gun in his cupboard...I guess what I'm saying is that having proper gun laws may not stop all these shootings, but having them reduce some of these spurt of the moment stuff.

Offline Kinbarii

• キンバリー &hearts;
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22:50 PM »
That actually went down not too far from where I am o.o We were talking about it at work today. It made me really sad.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 10:49:47 PM »
From what we've seen this was planned. It's the most logical way to explain why he killed one person (girlfriend?) then came back a couple hours later and killed more. I doubt it was spur of the moment.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 11:04:42 PM »
We'll have to wait till tomorrow for the identity of the killer and victims.  He shot his face off, and had no id.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 11:07:07 PM »
I know, its really sad and scary. I live in VA myself so... yeah
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 11:19:24 PM »

I didn't mean that the US was the only unsafe place or anything O_o

What I said in my post was only in the context that where I live people are always complaining about crime and saying they want to move to the US cause it's supposedly oh so safe there. I know that there are criminals everywhere in the world and that in reality bad things like this can happen anywhere. But I just meant, in this context, that it's scary that even the places one grows up thinking are the safest, still such tragedies occur.

My prayers are going out to the families of the victims  :(

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline yokotapioka

• the camera guy
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 01:44:30 AM »
thats when i think " it's that what everyone calls a "first world country" ? ... sorryto say but ...a country that allow to everyone have a gun ... for a danger that maybe douesn't exist ...  too bad for the families ...

Offline mckool

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 03:40:48 AM »
guys, it's been confirmed here..

the dude's chinese, came from china...

i suggested for those of us that's in the States and esp. near the VA/DC region that are of young asian male profiles be alert; u just never know... :-X

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 04:39:48 AM »
I've got some friends who go to Virginia Tech, and I can only hope and pray that they're okay.

It's unfortunate when these kinds of things happen, that people really feel as if there is no other option left. It shows what the stresses of school, work and relationships can do to some people. Chances are that he was probably bullied some too.

Either that or he was just a nutcase that was bound to crack sooner or later.

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 05:14:08 AM »
Maybe his instructor gave him a "B". I'm kiddin.... All jokes aside, it's unfortunate this kinda thing happened.

Offline vicmu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 05:46:12 AM »
i just don't get it.

I always poke fun at my friends heading to American schools after graduating from Canadian highschools.
I joke and warn them not to get shot.

maybe it's not a joke anymore.

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Grapevine - (All the Young) Yellow