JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - CAP NO NAKA NO KOMOREBI

Author Topic: What are your Favorite SPORTS? Teams? Players?  (Read 155412 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
What are your Favorite SPORTS? Teams? Players?
« on: February 23, 2005, 06:16:44 AM »
Let's get to know how hardcore you are. What are your

• favorite sports?
  • favorite teams?
  • favorite players?
and feel free to state your reason why?

and be sure to reply to the What sport/s do you play? thread

Offline ZeroMaki

• MakiLover
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 06:33:27 AM »
Basketball, well lets face it its the only thing thats on right now. If only hockey was back :cry:

Favorite teams right now are Timberwolves, Utah Jazz and Knicks even though all the teams suck this year :cry: Hey I'm not jumping on the bandwagon like the rest of you *cough*Pistons*cough* :lol:

And My Favorite Player/s are Kevin Garnett(KG), Shaq, Steve Nash, Ben Wallace(Gotta love the Fro) and Tim Duncan :lol:

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Re: SPORTS Q & A
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 07:04:07 AM »
favorite sports? 1. Basketball 2. Tennis 3. Football ......golf...baseball somewhere in the mix.

favorite teams? Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks....sometimes i root for Green Bay, Texas Rangers, Atlanta Hawks, Celtics...and underdogs...like those Bulls this year, except when they play the mavs.

favorite players? Emmitt Smith, Michael Finley, Deion Sanders, The Moose Johnston, Michael Irving, Troy Aikman, Vince Carter, T Mac, Ray Allen, Josh Smith (just cause he won the slam dunk contest, and he wore Wilkin's jersey to do that dunk), Ladanian Tomlinson, Michael Jordan, Steve Francis, Andre Agassi, Ichiro, Ken Griffey Jr., Brett Favre, Roy Williams :lol: , Dat Nguyen, Tiger Woods, Ernie Els, Safin,

I picked them because they have skills and impress me on or off the court....and they play or played in Dallas.

BAM! thats all i can think of from the top of my head

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 10:06:17 AM »
Hockey, Colorado Avalanche, Paul Kariya/Teemu Selanne.  And of course, Sidney Crosby, the guy that Gretzky's hyping up - not that he needs to.

As for other sports, there's tons.  One that will stand out in particular is Brian Lara - only because I coach the sport.

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 10:33:35 AM »
I only watch NBA, but I barely caught a match this season. i try to watch rugby since they're all yummy. And I used to be a tennis fan, but I retired with Hingis. (I'm also one of a very few Thais who don't give a damn about Paradorn.)

My first favourite team was Suns. Barkley's Suns. He was my first fav player as well. After that it was Penny's Magics. And then I guess I just followed coach Brown around without me noticing it (he lost me when he was with Clippers, though). Can't think of any current fav teams now. About 2 seasons ago I was a Kings fan and my hate for Lakers was at the all-time high. Now Kings is boring...

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 10:40:27 AM »
Man, NHL or no NHL, I'm a hockey fan.  I mean, its been 9 years since our precious Winnipeg Jets were moved to Phoenix, and the people here still chant "Go Jets Go" at Moose games (AHL), WWE wrestling events, or whatever happens in the arena where a large group of sports fans get together.  During the World Junior Hockey Championships in Grand Forks this year, all you could hear during the Team Canada games were the drunk Winnipegers chaning "Go Jets Go!"

Actually I like international tournaments like World Championships, Olympics, things like that over professional hockey, which is all about making money.  So yeah, Mother Fuck Gary Bettman, and for the rich ass hockey teams with skilled players with no heart.  *Cough* NYRangers *COUGHCOUGH*  I'm not picking on you, Masashi, or anyone else that likes them, just expressing my opinion.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 10:55:46 AM »
favorite sports

hockey, basketball, football, baseball ... (I watch the occasional tennis for the hot chicks  :D ) ... I just love team sports and these were the main leagues available. Played a ton growing up, not so much nowadays as I just focus on fantasy games and gambling lol.

favorite teams

For hockey and Canadian football, gotta be a homer.

I have the Oilers and Eskimos respectively. My hometown teams and was spoiled with all those Stanley Cups whipping the Flyers and Bruins over the years. Sending those bitch ass Flames home to their momma. Owning the Jets!! And loads of Grey Cups from Warren Moon to Tracy Ham to Ricky Ray. They don't call Edmonton The City of Champions for nothing! :D

basketball...I grew up on the West Coast and just jumped on the Laker bandwagon as a kid and never looked back.

And of course for NFL, the Eagles reign supreme. Fuckin Reggie White hooking up with Gizmo Williams on the Randall Cunningham Eagles. Now TO and McNabb are going to fuckin rip the Super Bowl outta pretty boy Brady's hands.

Don't got a favorite MLB team - Jose Canseco was my fave player believe it or not...now it sucks that my AAA team moved outta town...prolly just watch the Asian players nowadays. Everyone's on fuckin steroids

There's no such thing as a 2nd favorite!!

favorite players

NBA - Magic Johnson was my favorite NBA player...fuckin sick no look passes and coast to coast drives. Too bad he enjoyed the pussy too much else the Lakers coulda challenged the Bulls a bit more. Shaquille O'Neal coming into the league, breaking backboards has been my fave player since Magic became Tragic. Current faves, Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade. Super dazzling. But really. Who isn't a Michael Jordan or Larry Bird fan?

NHL = Mark Messier - the fuckin balls of steel leadership. And his linemates - the finesse Wayne Gretzky, Jari Kurri and Glenn Anderson, the pest Esa Tikkanen, and Grant "Cokehead" Fuhr - the first black player in the HOF. Baddest MOFO in the NHL, Georges Laraque. The Oilers current guts and grit, Jason Smith. Ethan Moreau, Ryan Smyth, Jarett Stoll, Steve Staios.

NFL - the rushing QBs always excite: McNabb, Cunningham, Vick, Brett Favre and I always play WR so it's gotta be Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens. The entire Eagles roster: Reggie White, Eric Allen, Troy Vincent, Brian Dawkins, Jermiah Trotter, Brian Westbrook, etc. New fan of Reggie Bush

Baseball - I dunno, Ichiro? Frank Thomas. Ken Griffey Jr. Chien Ming Wang.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SPORTS Q & A
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 11:11:14 AM »
  • favorite sports?
  • favorite teams?
  • favorite players?
Favorite sport =
1) soccer
2) basketball

Favorite team =
1) PSG (Paris Saint-Germain), Arsenal, FC Barcelone
2) 76ers, LA Lakers

Favorite players =
1) Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Zidane
2) Iverson, LeBron

Offline hiroayu

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 08:24:33 PM »
favorite sports?

baseball ..then basketball and football

favorite teams?

giants , warriors , 49ers

favorite players?

barry bonds , shawn estes ,  j rich

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 10:43:44 AM »
Fav sport: Basketball

Fav team: Rox (since Olajuwan 94-95 Champ, also the year I came to Canada so I can watch NBA, the "dream move" is so unforgettable)

Fav player: Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwan.  Who else in the recent history can archieve Quadriple Double?  The most complete player ever.

Offline en

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 12:33:03 PM »
Fav Sport: Basketball, soccer

Fav Team: Cavs, Nuggets, Man Utd, Barca

Fav Player: Kobe (Who gave a shit about the lawsuit anyway?), Le Bron, C. Ronaldo, Etoo

Offline delerium

• Ass & Titties
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 01:47:34 AM »
Favorite sport... hmmm...
CURLING!!!![/size]
Man... I miss watching the girls-junior championships on CBC.  :lol:

Seriously (although I do enjoy curling)... my favorites are FUTBOL and FOOTBALL..

Offline SaMi

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 04:10:19 AM »
Baseball - followed by a huge gap, and then basketball, tennis, hockey

The Cincinnati Reds are my team.  I group up in "Reds country," and sticking with them in times good and bad has been my curse.  I grew to be a Cubs fan several years ago thanks to Harry Caray, Ryne Sandberg, and Andre Dawson.  I dig the Dodgers, but it's hard not to enjoy a game called by Vin Scully.  I generally keep tabs on the Bulls and the Lakers, and I used to follow the Penguins.

Growing up, my favorite player was Eric Davis.  As a birthday present in 1990, my father and I went to game one of the World Series where the Reds faced off against Oakland.  Not only did the the Reds sweep the series, but Eric hit a homerun in that first game.  Other favorites: Barry Larkin, Adam Dunn, Aaron Boone, Sammy Sosa, and Sean Casey.

Offline street bastard

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 02:09:20 AM »
Fave Sports: Baseball, Football, and Basketball. Both college and pro when it comes to football and basketball. And when I say football I don't mean soccer.

Fave Teams: Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, and any other Cleveland teams. When it comes to college it's Ohio State and Cleveland State University.

Fave Players: Anyone who plays for my favorite teams.

No flavor of the month this time at the Compound.

Offline Pure Racer

• 1337 Noobinator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 08:45:52 AM »
My top 5's are

Favorite Sports:
1. Baseball, first sport I played and I love watching and playing it...
2. Football, You're aren't a true American if you don't like football
3. Basketball, only sport I continue to play consistently...
4. Hockey, probably the only Asian that loves hockey, it's super fun to play!
5. Tennis, same as basketball and the only sport I played at a varsity level in high school...

Favorite Teams:
1. Seattle Mariners, awesome people, awesome management (relatively)
2. Seattle Super Sonics, best in the west!
3. Seattle Seahawks, as you can see I'm from Seattle...
4. Vancouver Canucks, won be region since Seattle doesn't have a hockey team...
5. South Korean World Cup Team (does this count?, haha)

Favorite Players:
1. Ichiro, he know's he is good but stays relativly humble and didn't complain at all when we had our horrible 2004 campaign...
2. Ray Allen, awesome team leader!
3. Vlad Guererro, he's always on my fantasy team...
4. Curt Schilling, I like how upfront he is with the media...
5.  Peyton Manning, too good...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2005, 09:19:47 AM »
Quote from: Pure Racer

4. Hockey, probably the only Asian that loves hockey, it's super fun to play!

You should see us Asians up north! :P We gots to bang the puck!!

Though true. The majority of Asians rather gamble instead.

Offline Pure Racer

• 1337 Noobinator
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 05:12:59 AM »
Quote from: daigong

Though true. The majority of Asians rather gamble instead.

True dat  :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 06:19:49 AM »
Quote from: Pure Racer
True dat  :lol:

To quote tama-chan "I thought I was the only one!" ... everytime one of those losers come up to me "Gimme some tips on tonight's games!" ... I go: "You gonna give me a percentage BITCH!!"  :x  :D

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2005, 07:54:51 PM »
Quote from: daigong
To quote tama-chan "I thought I was the only one!" ...

I thought that was your favourite phrase!

So...any sumo fans here?

***crickets***

Okay.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2005, 09:21:46 PM »
Quote from: tama-chan
I thought that was your favourite phrase!

No, I'm not the one who invented it :P

So...any sumo fans here?

You never mentioned your favorite sumo wrestler. Is it Akebono? The guy facing The Big Show @ Wrestlemania 21?

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - CAP NO NAKA NO KOMOREBI