JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Cutie Honey

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 342279 times)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Yeah, that was cool how they had Mean Gene do the Hogan/Michaels interview.  But a pic of Charles' and the new horsey...I mean...wifey?  I don't think so.  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

I didn't find any of the matches particularly interesting, though.  The thing they did with Regal and Tajiri was nice, though it seemed pretty obvious when they started dancing with the girls that something shitty was about to go down.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Why the hell are Hulk and Mean Gene back??

Did they get rid of those "swinger" heterosexuals? :lol:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Hulk's teaming up with HBK to go agianst Mohammed and Duvari at Backlash.  As for Mean Gene, he was brought in by Hogan for to interview the two of them after HBK kicked out the Coach, who was being a dick, as usual.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Hey, you guys remember Chris Candido?  He was Skip from the Body Donnas back in 96 with the WWF.  Anyway, he died.  33 years old.

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=13374/articles/news

I didn't know the guy very well, since I don't get to watch TNA, but it sucks that a lot of wrestlers die young.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
I do remember Body Donnas. Shit son. you think its from all the roids? A lot of them die from like heart failure and shit. Hell, even Miss Elizabeth died young.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
That's scary how dark he is in that pic.  I remember from when he and Sunny were in the Bodydonnas and he wasn't THAT dark.  Not to make light of the subject, but I wouln't be surprised if he got melanoma or skin cancer from the tanning beds and tanning lotions he must have used.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Quote from: daigong
I do remember Body Donnas. Shit son. you think its from all the roids? A lot of them die from like heart failure and shit. Hell, even Miss Elizabeth died young.

If its from the roids, how come Scott Steiner is still alive?  I mean, I don't know what's bigger - Viscera's waistline, or Scott Steiner's steriod cabinet.  Both are absolutely huge.

And how about the HBK vs Shelton Benjamin match on RAW?  Holy insane sweet chin music, Batman.  Great match.  Fucking great match.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder

And how about the HBK vs Shelton Benjamin match on RAW?  Holy insane sweet chin music, Batman.  Great match.  Fucking great match.

Man, I've been so busy at work I fuckin' missed RAW this week.  How come HBK went against Benjamin?  Was it for the IC belt?  What about the sweet chin music???   WHAT ALREADY!?!?!?!?
:evil:  :cry:  :evil:  :cry:  :evil:

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Shelton did a jump off the top rope (away from the turnbuckles) to clothesline HBK, but took a solid Sweet Chin Music to the chops instead.  You gotta see it - words don't do it justice.

Offline jar

• Member+
It's all about the Demolition Men, High Energy, The blue Blazer, Papa Shongo, and the Legion of Doom!

WWF FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Quote from: jar
It's all about the Demolition Men, High Energy, The blue Blazer, Papa Shongo, and the Legion of Doom!

WWF FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to be a nit-picker,  but gotta make a few corrections:

a) It was Demolition, they never had the word "Men" in their name.

b) It was Papa Shango, spelled with an "a", not "o"

and

c) It's WWE now.  The acronym "WWF" has been legally tradmarked by the "World Wildlife Fund".  Vince lost a case in court over it which is why he had to change it to WWE.

Ok, ok, ok, I admit it...I like being a nit-picker.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Ok, I haven't been keeping up with wrestling for a while, but after watching Raw this week, I've come to a few new conclusions.

1.  Y2J is jobbing a lot lately.  A LOT.
2.  Lita really is a little slut.  Matt deserves better.
3.  Viscera > Mark Henry.  Easily.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Sweet! A wrestling thread. It's nice to see a H!P board with a decent wrestling fanbase. It's definitely what the other forums I posted at were lacking. I'm a HUUUGE wrestling fanatic. I buy the merchandise, watch the shows every week (yep, even Smackdown...that crap fest), and I attend the shows. I bought floor seats for a RAW houseshow that's coming to Seattle next week. I'm only 3 rows away from the ring, woooo! They need to have some PPV's and televised shows here.

My current favorite wrestlers: Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, The Rock (COME BACK, ROCKY!), Captain Charisma, Y2J, Muhammad Hassan, Kurt Angle, Booker T, and JBL.

Anyhow, my thoughts on this weeks RAW:

-I laugh every time Hassan's music hits. I just love it! AILIYAH AILIYAH AILIYAHHHHHHH!

-Do I see a possible Y2J heel turn? I sure hope so...seeing as how RAW's really lacking in the heel department, and Y2J's been pretty stale as a face

-Haha, I'm liking the Big Vis gimmick. I wonder how far they're gonna go with this

-Hmmm, a Flair face turn? Maybe. I know they've teased us a few times already, but I think this time he might actually turn on Triple H.

-Wow, the tag team division has gone down the gutter. Giving the titles to Hurricane and Rosey...ugh.

-Enough with the Masterlock challenges *yawn* When is this talentless musclehead actually going to wrestle?

-WOOOO! Orton was on RAW! Man, he's gotten really skinny in a month. That Justin Timberlake haircut sure doesn't suit him. I hope he comes back with his usual pretty boy gelled hair look. LoL at Vince for making fun of his haircut

-It looks like they're going with the Lita/Edge love angle. Does this mean that they'll bring back V.1? Some have been speculating...I sure hope so! Edge sucks! I've always hated that talentless loser, even before this Matt Hardy situation. His recent main event push just boggles the mind.

Offline Lemon

• Something Sexy
  • Member+
My highlight of RAW: Steven Richards returned and is in a feud! :w00t:

Offline lunacies

i used to watch wrestling a lot but havent been doin so cuz ive been busy.  but i took a peek at smackdown last week and saw a highlight of akebono facing off against the big show in a sumo match at wrestlemania.  thats pretty crazy.  akebono suks in k-1 so i think professional wrestling is a better choice for him.  he can smush the original yokozuna, although he's already dead...  and i final word.

big show suks.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Some more thoughts:

-JR had me ROFFLING at the end of RAW. "BAH GAWD, THAT'S A MAN'S WIFE! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING HERE!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!? YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT SOMEDAY! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?" You gotta love JR's crazy ass commentating...

-The Nebraskan crowd was awesome! Definitely the liveliest crowd I've heard in YEARS. I wish the WWE could have more hot crowds like this...I hate it when they go to places where it just seems like they don't care about anything that's going on. This arena easily puts any other arena to shame.

Offline Lemon

• Something Sexy
  • Member+
Quote from: Kenji
Some more thoughts:

-JR had me ROFFLING at the end of RAW. "BAH GAWD, THAT'S A MAN'S WIFE! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING HERE!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!? YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT SOMEDAY! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?" You gotta love JR's crazy ass commentating...

Reminds me of the time when Mike Tyson was in a WM match.

JR: "And he just punched him, and OH MY GOD! TYSON! TYSON! TYSON! TYSON!"

Damnit, I forgot the rest...

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
BAH GAWD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! THE RATTLESNAKE THE RATTLESNAKE!

STONE COLD STUNNER! STONE COLD STUNNER! STONE COLD STUNNER()@#*09280938109218093!

*JR has a heart attack and dies*

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Quote from: Kenji
-The Nebraskan crowd was awesome! Definitely the liveliest crowd I've heard in YEARS. I wish the WWE could have more hot crowds like this...I hate it when they go to places where it just seems like they don't care about anything that's going on. This arena easily puts any other arena to shame.

Apparently you've forgotten about the Raw after Wrestlemania X8 in Montreal?  And how the crowd literally wouldn't let Hulk Hogan say a word for a good 10 mins or so, because they were cheering soooooo loud for sooooo long, it cut their tv time?  And then every week after that, the directors and producers and everyone else made it SEEM like it was like that in every arena, but it really wasn't?

Montreal.  Who else can burst into "Na na nana, hey hey, goodbye" on command?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Yeah, I haven't seen much of WWE lately. Just the part where Batista saved Flair and they looked like they were gonna fuck each other.

And hey, Big Show is coming to WEM....NOT TORRIE WILSON  :evil:

I am kinda pumped to see how that ECW PPV is gonna look like.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Cutie Honey