JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyorin - Glory Jane OST Part 1

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 533929 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« on: February 24, 2005, 03:37:09 AM »
NOW...Official NHL IS BACK Piss & Moan Thread

Formerly: Official NHL Season Cancelled Piss & Moan Thread

So Bettman and Goodenow, Linden, Damphousse and all those bitches fucked up the season and probably the league for good.

What do you think? What are you doing instead of following the NHL at this time? TIME TO FUCKIN GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST HERE!!! :twisted:

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 08:07:02 AM »
I've said it before and I've said it again.  MUTHA FUCK GARY BETTMAN!  Hockey doesn't won't ever be as popular as basketball in the United States, for a lot of different reasons.  Personally, I didn't play ice hockey when I was little, primarily because it was so expensive to start up.  But I LOVED listening to the Jets on the radio, and watching games at the arena, it was great.  I remember when Wayne Gretzky himself talked about the Jets while he was in Edmonton and saying that whenever the Oilers met the Jets in the quarter finals, both teams knew that whichever team won that series would win the Stanley Cup.  Then the players wanted more money in the 90s, and the team moved down to Phoenix.  Quebec was still pissed off that the Nords went to Denver, and soon teams all over the US were popping up out of nowhere.  Like, who gives a shit about hockey in fuckin' Nashville?  Seriously?  Atlanta, Columbus, even Dallas and Tampa Bay?  Places that don't have cold enough weather to make backyard hockey rinks don't give a shit about hockey.

Anyways, as for the Players, they should remember what its all about, and start thinking about just wanting to play.  Funny how everyone talks just about Bob Goodenow, but I wonder what some of the players really think, but are afraid to say it from fear of being looked at like an outcast by their fellow players.

Just take a fucking cap like the NFL has, this will even out the talent so that the game itself gets better.  Take some of the shittier, no-attendance-for-opening-day teams out of the bayous of the south and bring them up to where hockey champions are actually born.  Bring hockey back to where it will flourish on a moderate level, instead of fail on a grand level.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 02:14:15 AM »
SON OF A BITCH!!! Its a Saturday night and I should be watching hockey on the MOTHER CORP!!!!!

Instead I'm forced to make fuckin posts about Japanese singing sensations in perverted manners!! What's this world coming to ?? Get your ass in gear Linden and the NHLPA!!! No one wants to watch overpaid Third Liners float around in suffocating defensive schemes!!!!!!

Word. Bring hockey to towns who fuckin want it. Tampa Bay didn't deserve the cup. Hate to say it but fuckin Calgary shoulda won that and the world woulda been a better place.

:evil:

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 07:37:19 AM »
So some group of investors or something offered to buy the entire NHL for 3.3 Bill.  That way all the teams would have the same amount of money to play with, and would do whatever they could with it.  Needless to say, the owners scoffed and that's about all we'd hear about that.

That sounds like something that Vince McMahon would try to do.  Well, I guess not after the whole XFL flop.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 08:28:51 AM »
LOL. That story cracked me up when I heard it. What's next, the Canadian Government taking back "Canada's Game" ... I was watching OTR and shit those players like Turco and Steve Staios are fuckin stubborn as hell  :evil:

Thank god for EA Sports.

I've been simulating Stanley Cup wins for the past decade.  :jerk:  :halo:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 09:55:31 AM »
Man...what's the point? to get Sidney Crosby drafted??

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 07:50:32 AM »
Hey, straight from the Winnipeg Sun.  A friend of mine hooks me up with free copies of that shit.

I guess they want to try to get hockey back sometime... why not squabble over what they can while there's nothing left at stake this season?  Even I've stopped following what's been going on.  And that says a lot.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 08:02:54 AM »
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
Hey, straight from the Winnipeg Sun.  A friend of mine hooks me up with free copies of that shit.

I guess they want to try to get hockey back sometime... why not squabble over what they can while there's nothing left at stake this season?  Even I've stopped following what's been going on.  And that says a lot.

I know. Just for you. So what're you doing to pass the time? We got AHL games here with the Roadrunners but I haven't bothered to see any of it. And the fuckin Brier is on. My buddy wanted to hook me up but shit - don't waste the ticket.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 09:42:54 AM »
Quote from: daigong
I know. Just for you. So what're you doing to pass the time? We got AHL games here with the Roadrunners but I haven't bothered to see any of it. And the fuckin Brier is on. My buddy wanted to hook me up but shit - don't waste the ticket.

I can watch curling highlights on SportsCentre, buth that's about it.  Alberta just beat us in the Brier, but we have to beat Nova Scotia first to get to the finals.

We've had the AHL Moose ever since the Jets left in 96, and now that we've finally got the new MTS Centre downtown, attendance has been up, even if the parking downtown is gayer than Aids.  I've caught a few more games this season since there's no hockey on tv, and have been playing a lot of NHL 2005 on PS2.

Other than that, I got into 24 on Fox, and that's about it.  Funny that I took a broadcasting class last year, and I rarely watch tv or listen to radio.  :?

Offline kuro kitty

Official NHL Thread
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 02:32:06 PM »
I hate this!!! As much as hockey is my life (I watch and play)...The Canadian news is saying that our National Identity is Hockey....WTF!!! are we as Canadians nothing without hockey....Its not we're all having mental breakdowns here because it's not on!

Ya it sucks that it's not on...but come on - they're trying to make a story out of nothing!!!

I wish that the players would just take the pay cut - they earn too much as it is!

/end rant

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 11:34:29 AM »
^ Good rant. I've been saving this one all week...

I just turn off the daily rants on the sports news. What the fuck is there to analyze anymore?!?!? It's the same old bullshit. They're not gonna accept the deal already!! I'm just waiting to see Chris Chelios on Trippin!

To see the fuckin media spend the case of Gretzky not GM'ing the national men's team at that World Championship had them debating all over again. Leave the man alone!! And they keep sucking Gretzky's dick so much it's probably all shriveled up. I don't think Gretzky is the only reason why we won in Salt Lake and at the World Cup. There's Kevin Lowe, and a crack coaching staff. Now they end up with chumps. Like Oilers head coach Craig MacTavish getting the nod for assitant.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=119400

Fuck, watching this shit though. No NHL guys are gonna play anyways. This team is gonna be a joke, at least during the NHL seasons we got some good teams with Colorado and Detroit making early exits in past years.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 11:01:18 PM »
TSN said that part of the reason that Gretz didn't want to get involved in the Worlds tournament team had to do with his mother being in the hospital.  Hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

And now even the 2K5 entry draft got cancelled.  Can't have a draft if there's nowhere to draft into, I guess.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 11:04:05 PM »
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
TSN said that part of the reason that Gretz didn't want to get involved in the Worlds tournament team had to do with his mother being in the hospital.  Hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do..

Yeah Wayne's mother has cancer and they are starting her treatment soon.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 09:51:24 AM »
It's a fuckin joke. I wish the media will leave Wayne alone. Making him God. C'mon man. Must he speak on all issues, even steroids?

To think Sidney Crosby woulda kicked ass in the NHL.

Now the fags @ the NHL are filing a unfair labor complaint against the NHLPA.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=119510&hubName=nhl

TSN has learned the NHL has formally filed an ''unfair labor practice'' complaint with the National Labor Relations Board in the United States over the NHLPA's apparent policy that any NHLPA member who were to become a replacement player next season would have to re-pay the lockout ''stipend'' he is currently receiving from the union.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 11:10:31 AM »
At least Esa Tikkanen is still working... alive and well in KOREA!! Playing for the Asian League. :lol:

So now Steve Yzerman is added to the list of NHLers not representing Team Canada. Did they even go to the World's when their teams were eliminated?? Fuckers.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 07:54:32 AM »
Wow, Esa Tikkanen wearing an Vancouver Canucks throwback - 1994 style.  That just looks, whoa.

I'd like to see the younger guys go to Worlds anyways, and have the veterans represent at the Olympics - it makes it just a little more special.  The Worlds should be treated like a trial run to the Olympics, to see which of the younger guys will gel with the big dogs, you know?  Well, I guess unofficially, that's already how it basically works.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 10:35:56 AM »
Quote from: daigong
At least Esa Tikkanen is still working... alive and well in KOREA!! Playing for the Asian League. :lol:

Actually Tikkanen was going to Korea to coach a team in the first place, but he had misread the contract paper or something and ended up playing in the team. I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, last week some newspapers said that he had already left Korea.
coot is ctz

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2005, 06:45:03 PM »
the only thing ill totally miss about NHL is the Canucks playin in the playoffs. playoff time here is such a awsome place to be at man!!!!!!

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 12:53:43 AM »
Not related to the NHL, but I'm pissed that our Canadian girls lost the World Hockey Championships today.  And in a fuckin' shootout too!!!  It was a great game and all, I'm just upset about our 8-year streak getting snapped.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2005, 01:53:25 AM »
Quote from: TheQuickening
Not related to the NHL, but I'm pissed that our Canadian girls lost the World Hockey Championships today.  And in a fuckin' shootout too!!!  It was a great game and all, I'm just upset about our 8-year streak getting snapped.

LOL!! You followed it! Must be desperate for hockey man.  :lol:

Damn Americans, eh?? I hate the shoot out. Last I heard - they outshot some team 35-2.

Well...about the NHL. The whole expanding the nets thing is retarded. Then they'd just draft sumo wrestlers and stick their ass in the goal.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyorin - Glory Jane OST Part 1