JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Syrup16g - Nisemono

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 558590 times)

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #1040 on: April 14, 2009, 08:47:04 PM »
I found the hockey thread!  Go Canucks Go!  XD

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1041 on: April 15, 2009, 08:37:40 PM »
Welcome!! KEI!! But I will never cheer for the CANUCKS XD

DAMN!! MacT got fired.    :thumbdown: ..Thanks for the good times...the funny soundbites, going to the Finals. GET BETTER PLAYERS!!

MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS!! TONIGHT STANLEY CUP FINALS!!   

CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(8) Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins

Bruins in 6

(7) New York Rangers vs. (2) Washington Capitals

Rangers in 7 (OWUT!)

(6) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (3) New Jersey Devils

Devils in 4

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (4) Pittsburgh Penguins

Flyers in 7

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(8) Anaheim Ducks vs. (1) San Jose Sharks

Sharks in 5

(7) Columbus Blue Jackets vs. (2) Detroit Red Wings

Red Wings in 4

(6) St. Louis Blues vs. (3) Vancouver Canucks

Canucks in 7

(5) Calgary Flames vs. (4) Chicago Blackhawks

Hawks in 6

CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(7) New York Rangers  vs. (1) Boston Bruins

Bruins in 5 :P

(5) Philadelphia Flyers  vs. (3) New Jersey Devils

Flyers in 6

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(4) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) San Jose Sharks

sHARKS in 6

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) Detroit Red Wings

Red Wings in 5

CONFERENCE FINALS

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(5) Philadelphia Flyers  vs. (1) Boston Bruins

Flyers in 7

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(2) Detroit Red Wings vs. (1) San Jose Sharks

Wings in 6

STANLEY CUP FINALS

(2) Detroit Red Wings vs. (5) Philadelphia Flyers

Wings in 5

MVP:

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1042 on: April 16, 2009, 01:20:18 AM »
Yeh, though you could see it coming with the Oilers losing so many late in the season.  :(  Hehe, not everyone can be a Nucks fan.  I'm horrible with predictions if I were better I'd play the lotto more.  :theking

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1043 on: April 16, 2009, 08:46:23 AM »
Um... I'm not so sad that MAC T go.  Dude lost the room so the players gave up.  Although the players themselves are partly to blame for at least not attempting to show some effort during the last few games.

Anyway... I'll keep my prediction simple. I say Detroit vs. Boston in the finals.  With Boston taking it in 6.
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1044 on: April 17, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1045 on: April 18, 2009, 09:43:49 PM »
King Henrik You fucking UNREAL!! :O

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1046 on: April 18, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
ALL HAIL KING HENRIK! OVECHKIN AIN'T SHIT!

Ovechkin hit on Lauri Korpikoski

CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(8) Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins (cause Team Finland needs Koivu in the WC)

(7) New York Rangers vs. (2) Washington Capitals (Avery will make Ovechkin his bitch)

(6) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (3) New Jersey Devils

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (4) Pittsburgh Penguins

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(8) Anaheim Ducks vs. (1) San Jose Sharks (we need Selänne too lol)

(7) Columbus Blue Jackets vs. (2) Detroit Red Wings

(6) St. Louis Blues vs. (3) Vancouver Canucks

(5) Calgary Flames vs. (4) Chicago Blackhawks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:09:10 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1047 on: April 20, 2009, 08:30:07 AM »
HAHAHA Hawks and Ducks poised for the upset! I LOVE IT!!

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1048 on: April 21, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »
The Sharks could have a 200 point season but they'll do nothing in the playoffs. Just horrible.

These OTs in the Devils-Canes series make me nervous.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1049 on: April 21, 2009, 03:43:09 AM »

Nucks are rolling the Blues right now! leading the series 3 - 0!!!!

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #1050 on: April 22, 2009, 06:09:20 AM »
Speaking of Ovechkin, I got this in my email today.  Its a couple of years old, but it shows that Ovie and Markov like to party that shit up too!  In Soviet Russia, Lapdance bills you!!

And here's his tab.  Nice way to boost the American economy!!  Fuckin' six grand at a private booth!!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1051 on: April 22, 2009, 09:44:10 AM »
Jussi that Jokinen Buzzer Beater?

Why so serious, Martin? :lol:

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1052 on: April 22, 2009, 09:50:26 AM »
^
Fucking fuck fuck fuck! Pardon my fucking French.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1053 on: April 23, 2009, 07:53:30 AM »
HELL YEAH! King Henrik's gonna be the MVP no doubt! :theking

Rangers' plan pays off

The New York Rangers' plan for Game 4 against the Washington Capitals was simple: Get off to a good start, fill the middle on defense, play strong against Alex Ovechkin and try to deny time and space for defenseman Mike Green, a 30-goal scorer. Thanks to some good execution -- and a big dose of Henrik Lundqvist's goaltending -- it worked. Lundqvist made 38 saves and the Rangers got goals by Paul Mara and Chris Drury to beat the Caps 2-1 Wednesday night, giving New York a 3-1 lead in the best-of-7 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series.

Getting off to a 2-0 lead in the game's first 22:23 was key. "They are a pretty good hockey team. I thought it was important that we got off to a good start and we did," Rangers coach John Tortorella said. "We need to be more cognizant of getting pucks to the net, not wide of the net. They turned it up and we fought and we scrambled at times. Hank (Lundqvist) had to make some great saves."

Mara gave his team a 1-0 lead at 13:55 of the first period when Brandon Dubinsky won a faceoff to the left point and Mara's shot hit Capitals defenseman John Erskine and went into the net. "I just won a faceoff and Paul made a great shot, looking for a tip," Dubinsky said. "Fortunately for us, their guy made the tip for us, rather than us having to do it."

Chris Drury roofed his own rebound 2:23 into the second period, and the Rangers relied on Lundqvist the rest of the way. Only Ovechkin's laser early in the third period beat him. Tortorella said that while the Rangers executed their game plan, they needed luck, good bounces and great goaltending to prevail. But putting the Capitals back on their heels early and playing defense by attacking and keeping the puck at the far end of the rink were keys to the victory.

"We are hoping to check them  by creating some offensive attack," Tortorella said. "You don't stop them. You can't stop them. It's just trying to contain them as best you can. You have to give credit to a pretty hard-working Washington team and a talented club but we found a way to get a win." "They had a lot of shots but we had guys in the middle of the ice, taking away prime chances," said defenseman Wade Redden, who played one of his best games as a Ranger. "We were able to get some rebounds out of there for Hank. Only the one got by him, so he had another great night again.

"We came out of the gate really hard and established some momentum right away. I thought that was huge for us to get a couple of goals. That was a big key for us tonight." The Rangers had 11 first-period shots to the Capitals' nine, but Washington had a 19-5 edge in the second period. For the most part though, Washington was shooting from areas that the Rangers wanted, while New York was careful with the puck and took fewer shots. The Capitals also outshot the Rangers 11-5 in the third period.

"I think we really went at them in the first period, and the second period too," Rangers forward Fredrik Sjostrom said. "We got maybe a little overcautious in the third. We wanted to protect that lead but overall I think we played a good game." They did but they also know they were all out against a dangerous team. They have a big lead in the series, and they'd like to see it end as soon as possible.

"We have to make sure we continue to do that," Dubinsky said. "It's easy when you are at home in front of 18,200 crazy New York Rangers' fans. They're the best in the world. We have to make sure we're ready to go Friday."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=419672

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1054 on: April 27, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »
Backstrom, Mason, Thomas vie for Vezina

Steve Mason, the brilliant young goalie of the Columbus Blue Jackets, could become only the fifth NHL player to win the Vezina and Calder trophies in the same year. But he'll have to beat out the Minnesota Wild's Niklas Backstrom, and Tim Thomas, whose league-leading goals-against average was a driving force for the Eastern Conference champion Boston Bruins this season.

Mason could become only the fifth goalie to win the Calder and Vezina trophies in the same year, joining Ed Belfour, Tom Barrasso, Tony Esposito and Frankie Brimsek. "I haven't had a whole lot of time to think about it," Mason said of being a Vezina finalist. "When you look back at the players who have done it, just to be nominated for one of these awards is a special honor. I'm just thinking about all the people who helped me along the way, my family, the players this season, the coaching staff and Blue Jackets' management. Without that support, none of this would have been possible.

"I've never been to Las Vegas and I'm excited to go and see what it's all about," Mason said. "I'll be going with my family and my girlfriend and hoping we come away winners, not losers." The three Vezina Trophy finalists finished 1-2-3 in lowest goals-against average. Thomas allowed a mere 2.10 goals per game, while Mason was next at 2.29 and Backstrom third at 2.33. The goalies will be on hand for the 2009 NHL Awards, which will be broadcast live from the Pearl Concert Theater inside the Palms Hotel Las Vegas on June 18 on VERSUS in the United States and CBC in Canada.

Tickets to the 2009 NHL Awards are on sale at ticketmaster.com/nhlawards and at the Pearl Concert Theater Box Office. Ed Belfour, breaking in with the Chicago Blackhawks in 1991, was the last rookie goalie to win the Vezina in the same year he won the Calder Trophy, which rewards the NHL rookie of the year. Buffalo Sabres goalie Tom Barrasso swept the awards in 1984.

Blackhawks goalie Tony Esposito won both awards in 1970 and Frankie Brimsek, "Mr. Zero," won both for the Bruins in 1939. The Vezina Trophy has been voted on by the NHL's general managers since 1981. Prior to that, it was awarded to the goalie(s) of the team that allowed the fewest goals in a season. The Montreal Canadiens donated the trophy in 1926, the year their former goaltender, Georges Vezina, died of tuberculosis, little more than a year after he collapsed during a game. Vezina had been the Canadiens only goalie from 1910-25 in both the NHL and its predecessor, the National Hockey Association. He won two Stanley Cups and allowed the fewest goals seven times.

Ironically, Vezina's successor, George Hainsworth won the Vezina in its first three seasons. Montreal's Bill Durnan and Philadelphia's Ron Hextall won the Vezina as rookies, but not the Calder.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=420301

Naturally I'm rooting for Bäckström but I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas win cause he played a few seasons in Finland :finland:

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1055 on: April 28, 2009, 06:17:34 AM »
Flames again choke in the 1st round. All is now right with the world. :cow:  Woo hoo! Go 'nucks!
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1056 on: April 28, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »
CALGARY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too good!! I laffed so hard at the Flames jersey wearing douchebags in town!! WANNA STEP TO ME!! Try to win a Cup!!

LMAO SHUJI!!! HOW BOUT DEM SHARKS!!

Told ya holmes!! Regular season means NOTHING!!

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1057 on: April 29, 2009, 03:09:29 AM »
Calgary goes down in flames. :mon noprob:
I hope NYR goes tonight.

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1058 on: April 29, 2009, 04:13:23 AM »
F***********************************CK!!!!!

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1059 on: April 29, 2009, 04:38:13 AM »
Wow! I wasn't expecting Carolina to win that game especially watching their game play at the end of the 3rd.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Syrup16g - Nisemono