JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Mirror Mirror

Author Topic: #26: The Ojima "Oji" Chika Thread  (Read 51119 times)

Offline Jenus

• Member+
Re: #26: The Ojima "Oji" Chika Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 11:01:18 PM »
The whole thing about idols not having a boyfriend is like a tradition, it probably came about because it's easier to market them that way to the fanboys back then where times were more innocent. I don't know when Idoling as a group officially implemented the no boyfriend rule, but they do say that it is a rule so what Oji and Serina did is in fact a violation of the group rule, so at the least they are more or less guilty of being liars by not admitting. If the group didn't make it an official rule but instead have it as a tongue-in-cheek thing then Oji and Serina might not have been under such heat, and the management wouldn't even care.

Rumi's situation is probably more than just one thing that led to her quitting, but it seems to me that Idoling's management is very lenient (Possibly to do with the fact that the members are not FujiTV employee but representatives from various talent agencies.), and they leave it up to the members to make the final decision more or less, otherwise they wouldn't drag it out like they did with Rumi.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 03:03:03 AM »
lol I think the term 'used/damaged goods' is pretty harsh. Anyway, my 2 cents, just because.

I've never been one to care whether or not my Idols had boyfriends. It's not like the fact that they're single makes them any closer to me or anything. But, it is a rule set forth by their employers. While even I don't follow all the rules, I accept the consequences. If you're going to break the rules and you caught, you deserve to be punished for it. Plain and simple.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »
In terms of "idol" group in Japan, different from "Idol" in other country, especially in western country. I believe that a lot of Japanese fans (i mean native Japanese fans, not foreign fans like us  :) :)) do wish their "Idol" as an "imaginary girlfriend".

Put it simply, no boyfriend => everyone (fans) dream => Idol image increase => sales increase (including cd/album/other goods)

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline IIDESERTEDII

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:52 AM »
Personally I would rather encourage the girls to have relationships. Restricting normal teen activities could have negative effects on them in the future though. But let's not stray from the topic of this thread please.  :peace:

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »
Well maybe friendships with the opposite sex is probably as far as I can handle, however for them to have sexual intercourse and then go on the show like pure innocent girls is just too much for me... and obviously breaking the rule anyway.
There's just so many girls that are willing to follow this basic rule that if one decides to break it they can just be replaced lol. And please let's not get personal in here and bring up people's oshimen in this diabolical discussion.

There's really no solid prove that it went to this. Some guy on twitter only saw Ojima being "very friendly" with a male acquaintance. I think she's very lucky that she got away without any photographic evidence this time. I honestly don't care what they do in their private life but I hope they be careful as not to get caught red handed. She should know better that to be an idol you have to choose between your love life or your career.

Serina on the other hand wasn't very lucky. There are purikuras of her with some guy(although she did try to hide part of her face) on the net and these are very clear evidence. But that was almost more than a year ago and nothing else came after that. Whether the staff had a quiet word with her or whether she broke off her relationship after she had learned that it was exposed, I hope it was the later.

But again, they are only teenage girls and it's hard to force them to not be in love with someone when other girls around them are doing so. I really don't see anything wrong with this. Maybe it's because Ojima and Serina are not my favorites but if any of my favorites got caught with a guy, I'll just wish them all the best.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 12:49:09 AM »
What bothers me about the whole Oji incident is not so much that she may have a boyfriend, but that she shows no respect for her work and Idoling the group by acting as such if it is indeed true.

Whether this incident may affect Idoling in the public's eye is still up in the air, but any Idoling fan who cares about them should be angry that Oji even put the group in such a dilemma in the first place.

We the fans may not know the whole story, but I bet the members themselves are far more aware (I mean Asahi is in Oji's class at school.) of what's going on and if you think incidents like this doesn't affect the group in a negative manner, you are dreaming.

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
Ojima guessing from her attitude towards the older members and her expression during lives is pretty unprofessional. She's not really into being an idol and I think her heart is not all into it. But being in a scandal is not all that bad. AKB managed to sweep what happened to Akimoto Sayaka under the carpet and the group still become famous despite of it. What worries me is I don't think the Idoling!!! staffs are capable enough to handle any scandals. I was worried Fonchi might get exposed because one of her close friend who was in AKB got kicked out not long ago. Maybe there was something behind her sudden graduation :?

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 09:21:04 PM »
I wouldn't compare anything about Idoling to AKB, the way AKB is right now is very unique case, the AKB fanboys will support them even if they all had boyfriends.

Idoling fans are a bit more sensitive, quite a few have already left because of how 5th gen. audition voting scam...I mean scheme came down.

I think Fonchi has been contemplating quitting for a while, the more sudden graduation to me was Yazawa, and how she still seems to be around Idoling tells me that her departure clearly was premature and not of her own will. But really, does anything Yazawa does surprise you anymore? She's the exact definition of a "loose cannon", I wouldn't be shocked at all if she was going wild around boys and the management finally said enough is enough.

Back to Oji, yeah I also clearly see that her facial expression and demeanor on stage is very unprofessional and her heart is not in Idoling. What bothers me about Oji is how she seems to have this animosity towards Idoling members from the very beginning, maybe it's just her rebellious nature or puberty, but she needs to realize that as the wise old Kato used to say, the true rival is outside Idoling, not within.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:26:16 PM by Jenus »

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 03:34:37 AM »
In my opinion, i think we should let this problem handle by Idoling!!! management. Also it's better to give Ojima another chance, people sometimes make a mistake.

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 07:45:18 PM »
I've just visited Idoling Fansama Picture page (Thanks for SuzukiRyo), i've "amazed" by Oji/Chika-chan new look. I mean Oji known as a "wild" or "boyish" character, but with her new look (especially her new hairstyle), i can't take my eyes from her  :wub: :wub: She's beautiful, cute and kawaii, no matter her "real personality" really is.

Take a look from this picture and you'll be amazed too  :wub: :wub:

What do you guys think??? (Well then she's suppose to be top-Idoling!!! member :D :D)

Thanks again for SuzukiRyo to make it happen  :twothumbs :twothumbs
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:51:53 PM by b8067hc »

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 08:19:06 PM »
Ojima has always been pretty. With the right hairdo, she can easily pull off the classic beauty look :inlove: (if she's not acting like a total buffoon for a while :roll:).

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 12:29:30 AM »
Ojima especially changed after Hii-chan took her to beauty salon.
Ojima is really close to Hii-chan lately.
Well, only Hii-chan can handle this Kaijyu. XD

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 04:25:17 AM »
^^ That's a good way for her, definitely she will be more feminine (just like Hii-chan did)  :wub: :wub: Btw when Yazawa still in Idoling!!!, i saw Chika-chan really close to her. Is her "wildness" come from Yazawa maybe?? i wonder why...

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 05:44:11 AM »
Ojima's freedom is there all the time even before she got close to Yazawa. It was Yazawa's role to handle Ojima before Yazawa passed it to Hii-chan. That is something that people rarely noticed that Yazawa and Hii-chan are actually close. Before Ojima got noticed close to Hii-chan, Yazawa went somewhere with Hii-chan shortly after Yazawa's graduation. Maybe they were talking about Ojima.

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 08:54:04 AM »
As an idol fan, nothing excites me more than seeing some 'progress' of said idol
and i have to admit maybe she's not in Idoling!!! for nothing afterall   :oops:

I've started noticing her change from Nicohachi lives, she's getting more natural on stage, and most importantly smiles a lot more  :twothumbs

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »
^^ It's seems Hii-chan "recipe" for Chika-chan success  :twothumbs :twothumbs From now on, i should place her to top-3 Idoling!!! member at least  :wub: :wub:

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 01:55:46 PM »
Although she's not in my favorite list, I must admit that whenever she dons the straight hair look + serious face, I find her looking very foxy  :drool:

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »
More Oji/Chika-chan stuff from her blog.

Previous Hairdo :

With Reia-chan :

This one with Suu-chan :

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I've just realize that her smile was pretty!! :wub: :wub:

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 08:12:19 PM »
I really liked some of the hairdos she got for her DVD photo shoot. :wub: Of course, the one she had with the dress is probably a little to complicated for everyday life. :lol:

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 04:12:07 AM »
I really liked some of the hairdos she got for her DVD photo shoot. :wub: Of course, the one she had with the dress is probably a little to complicated for everyday life. :lol:

That style against me  :( :( Oji looks chubby with "mature" style like that, also she looks "wild" there. I prefer her present looks  :wub: :wub: => represent as an (japan) idol

3-6-9 は 永遠...

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Mirror Mirror