JPHiP Radio (8/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Fukai mori

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 306010 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2540 on: September 01, 2017, 05:32:59 PM »
^ and ^^   Thanks guys!  Still, it seems that Crown hasn't released anything much for them yet, or am I wrong?  Nothing on the online stores that I can find.

What happened, did Universal drop them, or did they move on themselves cos they weren't getting much out of Universal?
Their last CD is with Crown but you are right no video releases.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2541 on: September 01, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »
Correct. And only Universal releases are available for official download, like itunes store.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #2542 on: September 02, 2017, 12:28:06 AM »
Ah, so that's the issue...  legal wrangling over copyright.  But they are still performing their Universal era songs?  They must have an agreement for public performance then, just not for electronic media.  So that still leaves the question, who initiated the label switch?  If Universal are playing bastards, it sounds as if the members / management made the move against Universal's wishes.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2543 on: September 02, 2017, 07:58:48 AM »
Hm, not sure. My impression was rather that Universal didn't want the group anymore. Maybe this notion lead to less support by them and in consequence to PASSPO wanting to leave.
I have the feeling though that Crown makes a better job than Universal, as the latter don't really have an idea of the idol market.

Don't worry. The still perform all their Universal tracks. Even Shoujo Hikou and Pretty Lie. Despite the fact I don't like this two songs, it gets on my nerves that on every big stage PASSPO limits themselves to just perform their 4 crowd classic (Shoujo Hikou, Pretty Lie, Wanted!, Material Girl). Best examples are TIF and @JAM. Makes it kind of useless to watch the performance for me, if it is always the same.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #2544 on: September 02, 2017, 11:04:51 AM »
I have the feeling though that Crown makes a better job than Universal, as the latter don't really have an idea of the idol market.

I guess something like PASSPO is small fry for Universal J, and they are likely glad to be rid of them.  Pity they have to be so stinky about rights though.

Don't worry. The still perform all their Universal tracks.

Cool...  but it's just that Crown can't release any lives which contain material still licensed to Universal.  So the best we can hope for, as their Crown repertoire expands, is a disc release with any pre-Crown tracks edited out.  *sigh*

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2545 on: September 03, 2017, 01:07:02 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Great energy, pace, dynamics, fun melodies.  :thumbup  And bonus points for the booger of death.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2546 on: September 05, 2017, 06:14:05 AM »
Dance version released.

Seems pretty fast to get to 50,000 this time.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2547 on: September 12, 2017, 08:40:59 AM »
Additional to a new tour PASSPO announced their next big One Man, which will happen in one years time on 22.September 2018 at Nakano Sun Plaza.
Now that allows for planning and reservations of flights/hotel in time.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #2548 on: September 17, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »
Additional to a new tour PASSPO announced their next big One Man, which will happen in one years time on 22.September 2018 at Nakano Sun Plaza.
Now that allows for planning and reservations of flights/hotel in time.

Hey that IS good news!  So often Japanese groups I follow only announce lives with like 2 or 3 months notice, and I have already planned my Japan travel way ahead of that.  So this might even be a possibility.  Cool!  And Nakano SunPlaza is a good enough venue, been there before.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2549 on: September 23, 2017, 01:29:40 AM »

Decent song.

JPHiP Radio (8/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Fukai mori