JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Rope

Author Topic: Is the AKB48 paradigm shifting?  (Read 2416 times)

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Is the AKB48 paradigm shifting?
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »
So as we saw with Iitomo (and possibly other shows, or possibly not at all), AKB48 appeared as whole teams instead of Senbatsu members. Which means that AKB48 now actually is 48 people instead of Maeda, Yuko & Co. While it seems a little daunting, I'm quite excited by the prospects of this move, as it means something:

Could this be a shift in how AKB48 is portrayed in the media? Will this mean that people might know who Matsui Sakiko is? Is AKB48 changing their strategy, using their uniqueness to push through the idol masses? Or is this just another gimmick to hype things up before things return to the normal state of Maeda?

I'll refrain from posting my thoughts first :V

Offline hina

• Gekikara Underling
  • Member+
Re: Is the AKB48 paradigm shifting?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:21:20 AM »
well i hope the other teams do the same.

in SKE they kinda do it differently though.

EDIT: so I just read that Team A followed, but maybe that's just for that show, I dunno.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:47:10 AM by hina »

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:04:53 PM »
the fuck are you talking about. why you defy teh maeda :lol:

The way I see it, is that AKB48 has reached a level of popularity that they need to explain to the general public what the 48 really stands for. If you've noticed before, they've been trying to explain how the 'system'  (Teams, Senbatsu/Media Girls, Undergirls, etc) works in almost every opportunity in countless shows, always showing that Pyramid diagram and what not (recently also shown in detail from the YYG concert broadcast). The team appearances are probably just their way of saying: "Oh yeah, we said Teams right? here they are, check out how many we are..."

I'd take it lightly, its just them trying to promote the new single.

If you want a paradigm shift, RPS tournament, the chance of no maeda is already interesting.

my 2c

ro・∀・nin

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »
I'd take it lightly, its just them trying to promote the new single.

Well of course, but I'm talking about how they're going about promoting it. I think the RPS tournament is part of this. Maybe they expect Maeda to lose, so they're doing this 'showcase everyone' strategy so they have an excuse to put Maeda on tv.

Offline clockface

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:47:33 PM »
This may not had happened if Yuko did not win the senbatsu spot. That 'upset' has been mentioned many times during tv appearances and maybe Akimoto saw this as a sign to move beyond senbatsu members for PR stuff.

I'm loving the Iitomo AKB 3-day-ambush and hope that it continues but this clearly looks like a PR stunt. The next time they do it on another show might be the real deal.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Rope