JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Souzou no Security

Author Topic: Take Me Away - Chapter 11 - updated 7/7  (Read 12683 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Take Me Away - Chapter 9 - updated 2/16
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »
Yeah, not half as guilty. :lol: Than again, it was good to end it and stop living the lie. Though, it really shouldn't have lasted that long in the first place.

Okay, NOW Tanagaki? :lol: :lol: Yeah, I'm going to keep bugging you til I get at least one chapter of Reina trying to comfort Gaki and Risa finally giving in. XD

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Take Me Away - Chapter 9 - updated 2/16
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: well actually since Sayu doesn't know what happened to Risa in the past, she wouldn't feel as guilty as Eri right?  Exactly!!!! I do believe you are the only one that has mentioned that it was better to end it than to live a lie.

Tanagaki???!!!!  Aish!!! I haven't thought that far yet, I need to at least build up to forgiveness from Risa (although really there shouldn't be any) to Reina. 

Chapter 10

Ai’s  POV

Over the next few weeks I was relatively getting better, not the best yet but better than when I was first heartbroken because of Reina, she was a spunky one and I appreciated getting to know her, full of fun and laughter.  Ever since her first invitation to go shopping, we hung out more often and I know she means well as I recalled the text that I kept in my phone from her.

~If you ever need someone to talk to, I may not the best choice, but I can always be a last resort. ~Reina~

It was funny though, even if I didn’t call her, she would take the initiative to contact me, asking if I was interested in going to the amusement park or go shopping with her.  It was great to become good friends with her but I always wondered about her best friend.  We were out just leisurely walking when I decided to ask her about it.

“Reina”

“Nani?”

“There is something I always wanted to talk to you about”

“Sure, I’m all ears”

“With the amount of time you are with me, what happened to spending time with your best friend” Reina’s smile started to fade.

“I knew you might be doubting about why I am out with you as opposed to my best friend…and I must admit something to you” Her expression was very serious and it looked like she was having an internal debate

“Let’s go to a coffee shop shall we?” I smiled at her, taking her hand and dragging her with me “Hey, are you having a cold or something? You’re hands are like ice”

“Yeah…I am at the beginning stages of a very bad cold”

“Well you better take care of yourself, don’t have to worry about me too much” We entered into a café, ordered our hot drinks before sitting down

“I don’t agree with what Sayu did to be honest, I don’t agree with how she handled the situation” she began while she was stirring her drink “but I couldn’t bring myself to lose my best friend over it at first.  When I first brought this to her attention, she reassured me that she knew what she was doing and of course I trusted her.  When I thought something wasn’t right, I would bring it up to her and we would argue and fight to the point that we couldn’t stand each other.  I’ve known Sayu most of my life and I know she is a good person inside, I just don’t understand how she could let all of this happen.  It should be mentioned that I was always weak against her, she knew me inside and out, she knew I would apologize before she has to, knew that regardless I would still be by her side.  Sayu…Sayu was my saviour to be exact, I wasn’t the biggest or tallest person around and would get pushed around a lot.  My yankii character was because of her, it went well with her poison-tongued character so we complimented each other in a very good way.  So I was consistently in a turmoil when the situation occurred but she made a point to me, it is her life and either I am in or I am out of it.  That hits the spot because…she was also my first love” Reina clutched her own heart before putting her hand around her cup again

I was stunned, I didn’t expect that her best friend was also her first love.  Sensing that it was a touchy subject I decided to drop it as I cupped my hand over hers “It’s okay Reina”

“I moved over here because she was here on her own and I didn’t feel like it was safe for her so I decided to transfer over here too, but by then she had loved another.” Reina continued with my hand still over hers.  “It hurt originally when I found out about it because it seems like she doesn’t need me around anymore and yet I didn’t have many friends since my transfer so I was lost but I realized the some things were not meant to be and if they weren’t then it’s better just to see them live a happy life even if you’re not the one that makes them happy the same way.  I made a mistake of helping her and because of my mistake, it hurt others that were innocent in all of this” Reina looked up at me with eyes that were filled with guilt.

“Well Reina, if it means anything, I think you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself, you’re doing a good job at trying to make up for your mistakes” I was speaking from the bottom of my heart because this girl in front of me was also hurt throughout all this, heck she was hurt way before anyone else was in all of this turmoil.  I felt lighter when I finally received a smile, it was weak but nonetheless a smile.

“Thank you Ai-chan…for forgiving me but I’m alright, Sayu and I aren’t friends anymore”

“Because of this?” she nodded and I was at a loss for words and all I could do was pat her hand one more time before retracting my own “Well is there anything or anywhere you want to go?”

“I am up for anything, I am still not too familiar with this town so you’re going to have to call the shots”

I racked my brain to think if there was anything that I was particular fond of doing “Hey how about seeing a movie?” I looked up at Reina to see her looking somewhere else, more like she was in a trance as I turned to see what she was looking at to see her starring at the other person that I didn’t expect to see again, the other hurt party.  I was about to snap Reina out of her thoughts but she got up and darted across the café.

I watched her approach her and two others, she turned to see Reina and at first looked surprised but then she frowned and said something to Reina before turning around.  I watched her leave with her friends or whoever it was that was with her yet Reina was still standing there not moving making me wonder what was being said.  Getting up I walked up to Reina “Hey” no response, I shook Reina “hey”

“Yeah?” Reina responded not looking at me

“Is she…”

“Yeah, she still doesn’t want to talk to me” I could hear a quiver in Reina’s voice and concluded that whatever was being said hurt Reina.  I dashed back to the table Reina and I once were, slapped down some money, grabbed our things and then ran out the café, grabbing Reina’s hand along the way

“Hey!!! Ai-chan what are you doing?”

I didn’t answer her as I looked left and right until I spotted what I was looking for, dragging the confused Reina I ran towards my destination until I was just a few steps away “Hey!”

The group turned, my eyes meeting the important ones and I can tell she was stunned to see me but narrowed her eyes when she realized that behind me was Reina “Ai-chan, what are you doing?” I could hear Reina hissing at me but I ignored it.

“Look, give Reina a break, she is not involved in all of this” I could tell she didn’t expect that from me because her eyes went wide and she almost spit out the contents that were in her mouth

“Why should I?” she retorted dabbing the corners of her mouth with napkins that were passed to her by her companions

“What has she done that you can’t give her a break?” I didn’t back down and took another step forward

“I don’t need to be reminded of my heartbreak thank you very much!!” she spat at us

“Ai-chan forget it, give her time” I could feel Reina tugging at me to leave but I kept my stance

“Funny, I didn’t recall that Reina was the one that caused the heartbreak” I commented and turned to leave with Reina feeling Reina’s constant tugging “Just so that you know, Reina’s probably more hurt than you think, so snap out of your self pity and realize how much effort she’s putting in” with that being said I dragged Reina away with me.  I didn’t stop walking until my anger was more or less depleted before I stopped walking letting go of Reina’s hand “Sorry Reina”

Reina shook her head “I didn’t expect her to accept my friendship or anything” she gave a light chuckle “I didn’t expect you either but I think she needs time that’s all.  I just hope she’ll get over it soon and not be too affected”

“You’re a good person Reina, I hope she sees how much of a good friend that you can be” I hugged her unexpectedly “thank you though, with your efforts I believe that I will be fine” Maybe it was to reassure Reina but deep down I felt better because I was moving out of wallowing in my heart break.

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Take Me Away - Chapter 10 - updated 2/22
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 06:44:42 PM »
an update  :twothumbs
Risa's being bit bitchy... :nervous anyway, i like ReinAi  :grin:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 07:28:59 PM »
I need to at least build up to forgiveness from Risa (although really there shouldn't be any) to Reina. 
Risa should be the one begging Reina for forgiveness, but I can kind of see what you mean.

So we get the full? story from Reina, her love for Sayu was what kept her from really putting a stop to it. RenAi friendship I like, Now we just need to have some Takanagaki friendship. Whoo~ that's a mouthful. XD XD

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »
Sorry I haven't updated in a long, long, LONG time, too many things to deal with (personal and the fact that I am preparing to work in another country soon)

I thank all readers that are stilling reading, greatly appreciated and again sorry.

Chapter 11
Risa POV

‘Who does that girl think she is? Why is she with her anyways? Why aren’t you hating her like I do? Maybe...Maybe it’s because she wasn’t the best friend of the ex that caused all of this, yeah...yeah that is probably it.’

“Ane…er…are you okay?” I turned to look at Maimi and Airi who bore confused looks

“Yeah, I’m fine”

“Are you sure? Who was that anyways? The one beside Reina-oneesan?” I whipped my head looking at them

“You’ve seen Reina before?” They both nodded “When? How?”

“We’ve been to Miya’s house before on many occasions when we don’t know what to do, so we chill there and we’ve interacted with her a couple of times, real fun to hang with actually and the best entertainment seeing her and Miya interact”  I stood there thinking actually about the multiple times that I have gone out with Reina when Sayu was busy “Er…ane…Airin and I are going to go chill so I’ll be home later…are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah…you go have fun…I’ll meet you at home” I watched them leave happily hand in hand out of sight before I turned to take a stroll of my own.  What Maimi said was true, I remember the times I hung out with Reina and she was great company and very sweet.

Flashback #1

“Grrrr…where is Sayu!!!” I had been waiting for half an hour already and still no Sayu as I kept on looking at my watch while pacing back and forth at the movie theatre.  Moments later I heard panting getting closer and closer “Sayu, you’re late….” Just to find that it wasn’t Sayu that was trying to catch their breath but Reina

“*Huff* S-sorry *huff* I’m late…*Huff* Sayu can’t make it today” Reina was bent over, hand over her chest trying to catch her breath

“And she couldn’t call?!” I asked her back slightly annoyed that Sayu could have told me earlier

Reina stood back up, breathing normally “She told me to come in her place so that she didn’t have to ruin it for you”

It was awkward considering the fact that I didn’t know Reina that well “Sorry that you had to come but I guess I’ll skip the movie” I walked past her, thinking in my mind what to say to Sayu when I called her

“Wait!” I turned to see Reina standing there shuffling her feet “Since I am here already and you’re here already, why…why don’t we catch a movie?” Her question startled me because I didn’t want Sayu to make her feel like a replacement, even though she clearly was “I…I thought it would be good to get to know you better considering you are dating my best friend”

Racking my brain, the girl did make sense, I thought it might be a good idea to start getting to know the best friend of my girlfriend considering the fact that Sayu knows Eri well enough so I smiled “Sure, any preference?”

Her smile lit up instantly “No, whatever you want is okay with me” as she walked over to the ticket booths

We watched a comedy movie and had laughed so much our tears were falling, in which didn’t stop after the movie.  We were talking about the things we liked about the movie and whatnots at a coffee shop nearby and I was having a blast talking to the girl.  For some reason we went from talking about the movie to funny moments about our best friends to embarrassing moments in our lives.

End of Flashback #1

That was how it started becoming a habit too because every time Sayu was unable to meet me, she would send Reina and I would be just as happy to spend time with her because she was great company with her little antics and all.  I felt that I could tell her anything that was on my mind and she randomly would spit out random comments or questions for that matter, keeping the conversations interesting and ongoing.  I smiled at the multiple times that I had fun with Reina be it eating a simple dinner, going to a movie or talking in a coffee shop, she made a great effort in keeping me entertained.

I also recalled the times when Sayu and I would fight and it was funny because Reina would call me up or find me, in which I thought was weird.

Flashback #2

“BAKA!!!!” I hollered out into the open sea through tears, recalling the fight I just had with Sayu

“Gaki-san!!!!” I turned to see Reina running up to me

“What are you doing here Reina?” I wasn’t surprised because well she is Sayu’s best friend right? However I was disappointed ‘Why would she be here instead of with Sayu?’

“Er…Sayu…Sayu wanted me to check up on you…she wants to make sure nothing happens to you” Reina responded

“Well you see me now, so you can leave” I spat out at her.  She didn’t move just stood there shuffling her feet “If you are not going to leave, then I will” I stomped off across the sand and walked past her until I felt her hand on my arm

“Gaki-san…Sayu loves you, don’t let an argument affect you”

I flung her hand off me “What do you know? She’s being unreasonable about spitting out venom at me, I am the one hurt here”

“Sayu regrets it…she honestly does because if she doesn’t she wouldn’t have asked me to make sure you are okay right?” I didn’t respond “I just don’t want to see you guys like this, not over a small squabble that escalated.  Sayu is ill-tongued but she is that way not because she means it, you should know that.  She has always had an ill-tongue but there is a reason for this and…I am grateful that she did” she let go of my arm with such a sad look, like something was bothering her.  “Never mind, you need time alone, I’ll…I’ll just go” she turned around leaving me confused about her last statement.

“Wait!” I grabbed onto her “What do you mean by that?”

“Nothing…just nothing…I’m going to go” she continued walking not looking back at me

I don’t know why but I chased after her, I wanted to know, probably because I was curious but I knew that I wanted to know “Reina!” I grabbed onto her hand “you can’t start something only to leave me hanging, if you want to make sure I am okay you better start spilling” I pulled her down to sit beside me staring out at the waters

“Well do you know how Sayu and I became best friends?” I was stunned at the question because I didn’t know, I just knew they were so I shook my head “My family moved a lot so I wasn’t as outgoing or stable about making friends, not when I knew that I might have to move again.  When I moved to Sayu’s hometown, I was an outsider, an outcast because of my character.”  Funny how she mentioned this because Sayu was like that too “I wasn’t outspoken or offending anyone but I guess trouble loves looking for me.  I may look and act like a yankii but I wasn’t one before I met Sayu, I was more timid and afraid and I guess that made me an easy target because I was picked on and would never say anything about it nor would I fight back”  Reina lied down on the sand looking up at the stars as she continued to recall her own history “That’s when Sayu stepped in, she once found me being pushed into the washroom, my books were scattered and was teased about me being a loner.  What surprised me was that she didn’t have anyone beside but herself and her ill-tongue” Reina let out a light chuckle “A couple of words and the people left me alone, now mind you the way she was is pretty scary for me, the new transfer student and I would have thought she would leave but she helped me gather my things and she talked to me in a tone that was totally different from the tone she had just used.  I commented that she was brave for someone to step in without any backup and she just chuckled telling me that she was just as scared if they decided to hurt her too.” Reina’s expression became serious once again “She taught me that regardless of what happens if you show any signs of fear then they will trample over you.  I guess that is how my yankii character came up, from the things I’ve learned in other towns and from Sayu and it did wonders because the next time those people came to bother me again, I toughened up, I talked back and I didn’t back down.  We became friends and support for each other in situations like this…until she moved when I felt so alone once again.  Mind you, I have already built a reputation for myself so I didn’t have to worry about others bothering me but I worried about Sayu because she is all talk, nothing else, whereas I developed the physical scare”  Reina sat up and looked at me “I heard about Sayu’s incident when Sayu called me and immediately I knew I had to transfer here but I want to thank you Gaki-san”

It didn’t occur to me why the girl was thanking me “Why?”

“She got into trouble with the school’s feared ones and I heard that you talked them into letting her go.  I didn’t like the fact that I wasn’t there when she needed me like she was when I needed her but I was glad that you were there for her.  But overall you have to understand that Sayu does it out of habit she isn’t really that bad of a character once you get use to it and I know she is hurt by how her usage of words have hurt you” Reina turned to look out at the waters again while I sat there thinking until Reina got up “Well I guess you probably don’t want to see me so I’ll leave you”

“Wait!” I got up and gave Reina a hug “I’m sorry that you have to relive those memories but thank you”

“What are you going to do now?”

I pulled back grinning at her “You don’t expect me to call her up do you? She is the one that is in the wrong but I might consider forgiving her faster when she calls”

Reina chuckled “I didn’t indicate that Sayu wasn’t going to apologize nor am I saying that she shouldn’t before she is forgiven.  This might teach her a good lesson in thinking before spitting”

End of Flashback #2

It was true, Reina was great company and she tried helping my relationship with Sayu to the point that I did consider her as a close friend too but when things blew over, I took my anger out on her instead.  If anything Sayu and I were guilty of making her a replacement at all times and at all costs just to keep our relationship together and it was unfair to her.

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
Re: Take Me Away - Chapter 11 - updated 7/7
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 05:47:49 AM »
this chatper was nice :)
you're so good.  :)
" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Take Me Away - Chapter 11 - updated 7/7
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2011, 07:10:33 AM »
Right, this does so need to be updated! Need more potential Tanagaki.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Souzou no Security