JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Rip Off (Korean Ver.)

Author Topic: [MG2] The Episode 1 Discussion Thread - "Change of Generation!"  (Read 16270 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Episode 1 Discussion Thread
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:45:33 PM by BarrieV »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: [MG2] The Episode 1 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »
Couldn't have been a better start. they fit all the main characters into it. :thumbup
First half was so funny :lol: Second half was so serious :O Ending at the stairs! :shocked

fave spots (spoilers):
1. new rappapa leader?!!
2. real rappapa leader :inlove:
3. cheese in cheese fondu
4. nezumi dance!!!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »
Ending at the stairs! :shocked

:O2 :O2

Mayu and Miichan both getting more time + lines this episode than in the whole first season :cathappy:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:26:56 PM by Amplifier »

Offline testament101

• Personman, Man of the interwebs
  • Member+
  • jpop and kpop and idols...oh my
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 06:55:48 AM »
Mayu gets to fight...that was interesting.  Best part of my week right here...
R.I.P. Nujabes

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »
Wtf happened to Gekikara :lol: Her intro alone made the episode for me.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 08:37:38 AM »
Team Fondue obviously had the most awesome intro. Anyways the 1st episode was pretty awesome but man, I need me some subs :panic:

- How the hell did the Queens manage to get real jobs? :huhuh
- Team Hormone = punching bags
- Gakuran is manlier than ever
- LOL @ Gekikara failing to graduate
- Miichan's basically playing... herself
- Aww no more megane-Acchan
- Boss Mukuchi!
- Yui so mysterious
- I totally wanna see Team Hormone vs. Team Fondue
- Nezumi schoolin' them Rappapa chicks was fucking crazy!

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
Great ep, especially since most of the characters were involved somehow.

Random thoughts:
- "center" as the anme for Jurina.  :lol: I agree with Unagi.
- Yui is hot. Can't wait to see more of her.
- Gekikara you dumbass  :lol: glad she's back and looks like she'll be back to ehr 'normal' self again next week
- Team Hormon is so weak  :nervous
- Black  :lol:
- Torigoya  :drool:
- Not really into team fondue atm.
- Mukuchi dressed as Sado cracked me up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:06:38 PM by BarrieV »

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 03:38:35 PM »
Well, it's a great epi and all but Acchan was going emo and secretive i guess:

- I was surprised Nezumi can fight and hell, Rappapa second years yowai :thumbdown:
- Team Hormone yowai as well
- Matsui was freakin cool, her intro was cool :twothumbs
- Youran was cool as well...LOL
- Maeda wearing contacts cracked me up idk why
- Otabe vs Maeda ??? wah! Maeda Lost?
- Otabe the new Rappapa Leader? Well, she's cool, her highkick as well  :twothumbs
- And Yuko's appearance? waw!

All in all, I want Acchan to remain as the top yankii :twisted: though
you can't blame Matsui, she has gots and the ebil Nezumi was freakin' mysterious (liking it)
And new line up of the great four  :twothumbs good thing Daruma wasn't one of them jk :cathappy:

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 06:00:36 PM »

- I liked this shot.. shows how much "control" nezumi has over people, in this case, Center.  :rock:

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
Man, I need subs for this...

My main thought for most of the episode was  that Gakuran is now at level 9001. Her style is way hotter this year   :inlove:

That last scene on the stairs broke my brain. I sat here staring at my computer yelling "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED HERE?!"

Also (spoiler) If there are spare Yuko's, may I please have one for home use?

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 02:41:23 AM »
I'm probably one of the last people to have watched this episode...curse you horrible internet!

Mayu and Miichan both getting more time + lines this episode than in the whole first season :cathappy:
You forget Komori for number of lines.

Anybody else notice the items the ex-rappapa members left on the shelf?
That's actually quite interesting, now that you mention it.. Though I assume that just signifies their graduation from the school and maybe even fighting in general.

Highlights:
- As expected, it seems Shaku (Miichan) is gonna be the comedy relief of the series. Not that I particularly mind, but it'd be nice to have her in a fight scene; hopefully her 'position' as New Queen will provide that.
- Mukuchi (Komori) walking into the scene LIKE A BOSS.
- DAMN Otabe (Yui) looks badass. Definitely want to know what the deal is with her and Atsuko.
- Nezumi (Mayu) fight scene was just AWESOME. AND she's a nerd! Double win right there.
- OMFG WTF IS UP WITH YUKO?! :panic:

Offline xdionysusx

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 08:00:11 AM »
Okabe is super cool!!!! The way she warn Center not to fight in the room is really cool (only my assumption... i dont know japanese -.-)
its look like the sakura petals represent how many times acchan need to restrain herself from fighting... hope the sakura petals finish early
other characters are really upgraded... team hormone look stronger
and finally YUKO!!!!!

Offline pangna

• Member+
  • Nakayan's
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »
OMFG, Nezumi was just slapping my Anime.. Rappara 2nd years too noob! even they have that really badass look. :(
Mukuchi and Otabe are so EPIC! esp. Mukuchi  XD  lastly, Team hormone all the way. 8)2

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »
The thing at the end is probably Mukichi and Wota hallucinating from serious withdrawals of meat. Barely the first episode and already bringing out a lot of questions. Definitely not straightforward like the first season, lol.

Like Barrie, I'm not into the Fondue right now either. They're just a rip off of Team Hormone. Man, those scrubs got nothin' on the Originals.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »
Otabe (Yui) has re-ignited my interest in Kyoto-ben, putting Osaka-ben on the shelf for now (but I still have Yuka as my #1 and hope she has a good part in the drama).
Otabe is probably a figurehead (although a strong one) so Atsuko can still do as she pleases?
Kabuki Sisters leveled up!
Shaku is the new Daruma?
Team Hormone needs some extra special hormone powerup or something! They better not get beat by Team Fondue!
ex-Rappapa looking like junkies sucking on flowers and getting owned by Nezumi's "drunken-style wannabe Jackie Chan fighting".  Hope they powerup and have fighting styles related to their names.  As of now, they're a less-interesting Team Hormone though.
Atsuko also looking kinda trippy eating sakura petals like she is.
At least Gekikara is "back" next episode.
Jurina & Nezumi better not end up friends w/ Maeda & co. by the end of the show like how Yuko did.
Sanshou Shimai return with a new member maybe? Wasamin?

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
the ep kinda jumped the shark towards the staircase scene there, but you don't hear me complaining.

cos what's better than oshima yuko? TWO oshima yukos!

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 02:56:32 PM »
Yeah, what was up with them flowers? Is it supposed to symbolize smoking or doing drugs? Them Rappapa girls really did look like a bunch of junkies and Acchan looked like she was having an after sex smoke :huhuh

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
A japan viewer noted it may have been kept from the grad ceremony. So it may end up being a promise to Yuko, just like Takamina's in MG1.

Which reminds me, last time I ate sakura-flavored ice-cream at Ueno Park, it had no taste. total rip-off. :P

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 08:16:16 PM »
I'm intrigued by the themes they set up for this season. S1 was straightforward tournament style, but with this one things aren't so clear. Who are the protagonists, new Rappapa or new challenger Center?

The main theme though seems to be about Yuko's desire to keep Rappapa strong: both new and old Rappapa have currently failed at that.(Nice little set-up for a "glories of youth" theme with old Rappapa, showing how high school is so different from real life and affords them the luxury of spouting ideals. Very Crows Zero.) So the season should include New Rappapa getting their act together and old Rappapa returning to their full badass glory.

I also foresee a Center/Otabe/Maeda alliance for the inevitable fight against Yabakune.(Crows Zero 2 style) Whether Nezumi joins them or is the mastermind behind the Yabakune attack is to be seen. Hopefully Nezumi will get fleshed out. We have no idea of her motivations for operating the way she does, especially since we now know that she can fight, and if she has true loyalty to anyone after all. Ideally she'll develop some for Center, but I wouldn't mind her being the season's Big Bad as long as we find out WHY.

Otabe/Maeda is clearly the new Yuko/Maeda, which itself was a new form of Takacchan, so I wonder what new theme they'll have. Where Takacchan was about leaving the fighting behind, Yuko/Maeda was about embracing it. We don't know which ideal Maeda is currently following, but I wonder if Otabe will introduce a new balanced approach, as her controlled manner suggests.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Rip Off (Korean Ver.)