JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Holstein - December

Author Topic: [02/26] Morning Musume '16 to be the MAIN GUEST of Anime Matsuri in Houston, TX  (Read 25986 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Morning Musume。 '16 will be the MAIN GUEST of “Anime Matsuri” in Houston, Texas USA.
“Anime Matsuri” convention celebrates its 10th Anniversary and promotes anime and Japanese culture.
More information about the details will be announced later.

Anime Matsuri 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Schedule: from the 26th (Friday) to the 28th (Sunday) February 2016
Place: George R. Brown Convention Center
http://www.houstonconventionctr.com
Promoter: Anime Matsuri Convention, LLC

For more information, please check the following official website:
http://www.animematsuri.com

https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-morning-musume16-main-guest-of-the-convention-in-houston-anime-matsuri/977248849000699

List of People going:
BigFreaky
Flyp
J-Triumf
kitaoji
kuro_808
Rayle
Rickker708
Slack
Yuuyami

Very likely:

Considering:
JFC
boykun
pikapikapika

**People looking to share hotel rooms**

(please make arrangements via PM with the person!)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:42:29 PM by oaxiac »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Great. On mine and Miki-sama's birthday too.  All I need now is a lottery win to be able to afford to go.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Have an amazing balls time guys ^______________________________________________^
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
I'm thinking of going because of the offshoot experience here but... the convention's backstory has been suspect or have been told :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK WHY DON'T I HAVE A JOB YET I NEED TO GO TO THIS Oh wait, I do have a job this time, and I actually have some money saved up regardless. :lol:

But wow, Houston...I mean, it's a big city (4th most populated in the country), and I'm sure the South and Midwest could use some H!P love, but it does seem a bit random, as well as kinda short notice (we got a 5 month heads-up for NY last year). Plus Anime Matsuri seems kinda suspect: http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-con-anime-matsuri-is-growing-and-so-is-the-list-of-people-unhappy-with-it-7764398
I remember reading how Anime Expo in 2009 was a bit of a mess as well, so this does make things iffy.

Still, a chance to see Momusu in America again so soon, and with the new members this time! Homecoming party for Chel! :usa: I'm gonna do a bit more research and holla at my peoples before committing, but this is a likely thing for me. Let's make like James Harden and stir up some shenanigans!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
I already blew my money on PAX East tickets so I won't be going to this. Would have liked to see the 12ki's but I went to the New York concert so it's not the end of the world. Plus Matsuri seems a bit sketchy.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
^^ for the concerns though, I got to volunteer and met the people.  Right now they're open but I guess you try not piss off the people that help you grow and it is still kinda stands on that.  If you read up on Yugene Fey issue here, I've always felt that it was on the two parties and them holding back on things with the delays.  It hasn't been perfect regardless but they have major issues that haven't really exploded into serious accusations and many have read into it but you know that you can't just do it from isolated incidences.

Right now the best thing has been just to make sure you have a good time although conventions always have shit happening and being behind the scenes made some awkward things happen.  For now, I'm good to go and I guess it was more of when would it be a good time before the spring concert tour and after their Winter concerts :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
The Facebook page says that there is a Q&A session on Friday and the concert would be on Saturday.  Although I would consider how things are... it'll probably be on the early evening side.  Good times to see Miki translate questions :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Already got my plane, hotel, and convention ticket booked!
I'll see you guys there!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Already got my plane, hotel, and convention ticket booked!
I'll see you guys there!

Same just gotta request off during that time.

Done so I'm good to go :hip smile:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:57:31 AM by kuro_808 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
This thread is surprisingly quiet for what seems like kind of a big deal. :P The JPH!P Line chat was blowing up about it, though, so who else is going? I still haven't booked my flight and hotel yet; might go solo again but I'm gonna talk to certain folks about rooming first.
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
This thread is surprisingly quiet for what seems like kind of a big deal. :P The JPH!P Line chat was blowing up about it, though, so who else is going? I still haven't booked my flight and hotel yet; might go solo again but I'm gonna talk to certain folks about rooming first.

Whoever has been replying here as of late.  Flyp was also a confirm. IDK about who else.  I'm set :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Previously, it would usually be the OP (usually daigong or another staff member) who'd start up a thread for an event like this, and who'd update the first post with things like "Who's In/Who's Coming", "who's staying where/with whom" and what not.

As the thread-starter this time, if oaxiac is okay with/is able to take care of updating the first post with all that info, then it's all good. Otherwise, it'll pretty much be the responsibilities of the individual JPH!P members who are going to contact each other and co-ordinate all that stuff. Members who can/who are definitely planning on going to this should also continue to post updates for things like hotels/accommodations, arrival & departure times, etc. here in the thread so that there's a record of that information here that everyone can easily access.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
also looking for this site, see who's going. Right now I'm in the want to/can't afford it category.
Life is one time.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Previously, it would usually be the OP (usually daigong or another staff member) who'd start up a thread for an event like this, and who'd update the first post with things like "Who's In/Who's Coming", "who's staying where/with whom" and what not.

As the thread-starter this time, if oaxiac is okay with/is able to take care of updating the first post with all that info, then it's all good. Otherwise, it'll pretty much be the responsibilities of the individual JPH!P members who are going to contact each other and co-ordinate all that stuff. Members who can/who are definitely planning on going to this should also continue to post updates for things like hotels/accommodations, arrival & departure times, etc. here in the thread so that there's a record of that information here that everyone can easily access.

Sure, I'll update the first post.

Just post your info in this thread.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:57:28 AM by oaxiac »

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
update, getting an early Christmas gift from the folks. Will be going. Making the arrangements tomorrow.
Life is one time.

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Oh yeah, you should list me in the "going" group, actually...I bought my Superpass the same day of the announcement, it's just a matter of working out the travel/lodging at this point. :P Although I do feel kinda scummy because of the shit with the convention runners, but I still wanna support H!P and their continued international push. Plus it's a good excuse to travel (never been to Texas before, let alone Houston) and meet up with HiPstas again. Maybe I should've just got a regular badge instead? :nervous

Also confirmed via Line:
Flyp
Yuuyami
Quietriot

I think boykun and pikapikapika are coming too maybe?
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
^ I think if you're going to more of the events, it'd be worth it other than that it's more like I could live with the regular badge and just stand in line to wait

if you need the LINE information, just ask me
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
all booked up and ready to go. Flying in on Thursday the 25th leaving Monday.
Life is one time.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Holstein - December