JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku

Author Topic: [02/26] Morning Musume '16 to be the MAIN GUEST of Anime Matsuri in Houston, TX  (Read 25977 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
There's an update for Superpass holders so there's a special session away from the raffle but still have to buy merch :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
My Friday morning's gonna be hectic, with possible hotel reservation issues, needing to pick up my badge, and rushing for merchandise. XD

I don't see any info on these in this thread yet, so here's some things going on Friday night:

At 9:30pm, the people who brought us Hello! Party are throwing another gathering called Hello! Disco several blocks away at the House of Dereon Media Center (2204 Crawford Street):
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hello-disco-tickets-20834916797
$12.27 online, $15 at the door

But for those of you who don't feel like leaving the comforting confines of the convention, there's also a panel at 10pm covering the history of Hello! Project:
http://animematsurix2016.sched.org/event/5wi7/all-for-one-one-for-all-a-history-of-hello-project
I just attended this panel at a local convention this past weekend, and the hosts, who have also done intro panels on visual kei and the general idol world, are pretty informative (although they tend to sidetrack easily :lol: ).

Also WE NEED A GREEN OCEAN AT THE CONCERT! GET YOUR GLOWSTICKS AND KING BLADES PRIMED FOR GREEN! WE NEED TO GIVE ZUKKI ONE LAST HUGE SIGN OF SUPPORT FROM THE INTERNATIONAL FANBASE THAT LOVES HER!

I also hear Miki will for sure be joining the rest of the girls in Houston; she obviously can't perform at the concert but there's really nothing stopping her from still showing up for other stuff. Nothing is set in stone, of course...although I can think of one girl who would be perfect to replace her if she still can't make it...

Is there anything you think American music can learn from MM's music?

I'm actually more interested in the opposite question: what can Momusu and H!P learn from western music...but that's just my own wishful thinking regarding genre exploration and tackling hip-hop/R&B-style songs for A-sides again. :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
^ i don't think it was promoted as much (I didn't know) but yeah beyond the H!P panel, I'm pretty much at the convention also MM is part of the fashion show at 8 P.M. so right after is the disco

I think the merchandise lines are going to be ridiculous regardless of the badge so have to be prompt :nervous

Depending on Thursday as well, we can do stuff for then :)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rayle

• Member+
I'm actually more interested in the opposite question: what can Momusu and H!P learn from western music...but that's just my own wishful thinking regarding genre exploration and tackling hip-hop/R&B-style songs for A-sides again. :P

I considered that, but I don't think we'd get a good answer from posing that question to them, especially considering how more than a few of them are Harowota, not the least of which includes the leader.  They'd probably demur, saying that they don't listen to much western music. There might have been a better chance if Riho were still there.

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
I'm pretty sure some of them could answer; some of the girls are fans of western stuff:
https://twitter.com/realskoban/status/699088944072294400
(and on that note, I just became even more of a fan of Sayubee and Manakan :P )

I just got an email about convention badges: for anyone arriving in Houston early, badge pickup starts at 5pm on Thursday so you won't have to deal with crowds Friday morning. This is especially good for me given my unique situation with my hotel reservation; one less thing to worry about on Friday. :lol:

Checking the weather forecast, Houston is scheduled to have warm-ish weather with chances for rain, so no need to freeze our asses off like at the New York concert (but like the NY weekend, be sure to keep an umbrella and/or raincoat ready).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:38:41 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
^ apparently they don't send out passes to Hawaii so I have to pick it up on Thursday :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rayle

• Member+
I'm pretty sure some of them could answer; some of the girls are fans of western stuff:
https://twitter.com/realskoban/status/699088944072294400
(and on that note, I just became even more of a fan of Sayubee and Manakan :P )

homg Zukki likes dubstep what

That's amazing

I opted for them mailing me my badge, and it was there when I checked my mail Sunday. So probably anyone who opted for that should have received theirs already.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Update: No ticket distribution for concert as it stands from what has been said... So it's back to a free for all unless you have Superpass
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
So I'm guessing this isn't like the annual Hawaii FC thing that's open only to japanese Fan Club members?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
With the event less than a week away, I am here with the friendly reminder that not everything will probably go as planned and the organizers can't necessarily be trusted to run things smoothly, but with humour and good company you can still have a good time, and Momusu themselves will be awesome as always :3 So prepare for the worst and enjoy the best :heart: ..... :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
So I'm guessing this isn't like the annual Hawaii FC thing that's open only to japanese Fan Club members?

It's a general thing and tbh many aren't like idol fans in general although I do see a familiar face among them so  :nervous

With the event less than a week away, I am here with the friendly reminder that not everything will probably go as planned and the organizers can't necessarily be trusted to run things smoothly, but with humour and good company you can still have a good time, and Momusu themselves will be awesome as always :3 So prepare for the worst and enjoy the best :heart: ..... :lol:

Because the updates have been coming out through social media i.e. Facebook that's why I have been doing this periodical bringing up stuff and I guess from a point they didn't want chaos to start and still state they don't want chaos :nervous  But seemingly I guess it is the lieutenants doing the communicating than the top people as I learned from them when I volunteered since they came here for the event and that's been the inside plan from the organizers unless it is extremely important.

The thing is... I'm not sure because if these rumors that are flying around especially how they run their show more for how they setup stuffs going forward, it may be an interesting thing with what will happen if or when they come back to Hawaii :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
TOTALLY! Homegirl. I'm with you  :shilivid:

It's a privilege that many haven't been afforded. REPRAZENT US WELL!! :jphip:

Let the whiners whine, :hipheart: will SHINE!! Lookin forward to Slack and Crew (incl Rayle?!) interview and press conference coverage of Morning Musume on the 27th!!

Be sure to party hard and check out HELLO DISCO!! (Fri, Feb 26) Buy tickets in advance to save dollars! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hello-disco-tickets-20834916797  my homegirl PomPom be ROCKIN DAT SHIT! With TakeoRey and all dem Houston Folks!

If you lookin for :hipheart; SWAG look no further than yo fella HiPstaz Flyppah! BOY!? and more as they hand out dem sweet sweet WRISTBANDS!

HAVE FUCKIN FUN!!! Lookin forward to all your recaps!!

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
They arrived with the early flight!

Because it was early, we only had 4 people as the welcoming party.

Sakura and Maachan came out first.

Kanon looked gorgeous. :heart:

Miki was walking on both feet without assistance (though later hopped on a wheelchair).

Haruna Iikubo was suspiciously absent! :shocked

Also Aika is with them.

Maybe video soon?
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
OMFG!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! HOW LUCKY YOU GOT TO SEE THEM :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
WAY TO REP JTRI!! WHO WAS IN WELCOMING PARTY?!?! :hip smile:

is the party gonna look like this? JPH!P DISCO! circa 2009 Flyp and tenkei doing OAD XD

no seriously. Yuuchan said Miki was coming?!?!?! Fujimoto?!??!?!  :lol:

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
WHY YES I REMEMBER FUJIMOTO AND MELON KINENBI AND CHINATSU MIYOSHI, CAN I BE OLD-SCHOOL COOL TOO? ;)

(just kidding, nobody remembers Chinatsu Miyoshi)

Anyway, here's my video of the girls arriving in H-Town:

So yeah, sadly, Haruna Iikubo won't be joining us this weekend, but we do have a Platinum Era alumnus on board!
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
HAHA Totally outrageous! GREAT JTRI XD :jphip: they look so pleased

via @helloprohealing   

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
I didn't know there was an airport named after G.H.W. Bush.

Made me do a doubletake whether he was still among the living.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
...quiet reception? :?

Where the screaming fanatic hordes you usually see at Taiwan's & Bangkok's airports?

Up-front, improve your marketing presence in the Americas!! :smhid
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
...quiet reception? :?

Where the screaming fanatic hordes you usually see at Taiwan's & Bangkok's airports?

Up-front, improve your marketing presence in the Americas!! :smhid

I think for one that many weren't there at the time... I only arrived yesterday afternoon.  Then again, it varies based on when they arrived too.  It was an early morning flight and the airport isn't close to Downtown (I had an hour bus ride from the terminal to my hotel plus the construction :nervous)

I managed to meet some at badge pickup so it'll be fun.

Just hanging out at the hotel room after some food run :)

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku