JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ajisai AI Ai Monogatari

Author Topic: (Group) Gugudan (구구단)  (Read 17398 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Gugudan (구구단)
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 01:07:52 PM »

Jacket making and ten zillion pics (some animated ones, too) from naver:

Rawr.

http://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=4540206

--

Gotta say I like how distinct all the girls look, I learned all their names in record time. Of course being familiar with three already helped but... anyway. :P
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:34:59 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 05:08:03 PM »

MV is out on youtube (also on naver and Vlive)

--

The girls also just had their first Vlive where they explained their names and symbols and stuff like that, possibly will be reuploaded:

http://www.vlive.tv/video/10422

--

Okay I really enjoyed the MV, it's fun and the dance should be great live. The song is actually mostly pretty fantastic, the chorus is earwormy as all hell and the instrumental is really good. The verses could maybe use some work to make them less basic but all in all it works pretty great.

Even if this isn't my style at all I've been looping it for 40 minutes straight now haha. Go figure. Would I have enjoyed another style more? Sure, but hey, I'll take this.

--

Listened a bit to the album tracks and it's not too bad really.

02. 구름 위로 (Over the Clouds)
03. Good Boy
04. 일기 (Diary)
05. Maybe Tomorrow

Enjoyable, but again, not really my style, so I don't know how long I'll be able to enjoy all this haha. The ballads sound fine really, Maybe Tomorrow probably the highlight here.

Good Boy isn't my favorite, but I already know they'll be performing it on at least one music show, oh well.

--

I do hope they steer away from this style for their next release, though. I've heard Vixx has been a bit of a concept chameleon so maybe we'll I'll get lucky.

And I still feel this is wasting Sejeong's real talent a bit. Something New, Irony, Yanghwa Bridge, Fingertips... you know what I'm saying? This is just not at all what I was expecting.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:43:47 AM by Stryfe »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 11:54:39 PM »
Wonderland sounds very Apink/SNSD-ish. Not a bad thing, it's quite nice and catchy enough.

I'm hoping they steer away from this style as well. There's already a lot of groups releasing songs like this and while I do enjoy songs/groups like this, it would be nice see to something a little different from the trend especially from a group that has a pretty decent following.

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 04:29:45 AM »
I feel like they just want to be safe with their first release.

I like how they didn't put Sejeong and Mina in the spotlight for every part of the MV and utilized different members.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »

This kind of sums up how I feel about Gugudan, really. :P

--

Their live showcase is going on right now at Vlive (hopefully reupped as well):

www.vlive.tv/video/10293/구구단gugudan-데뷔-쇼케이스--Welcome-to-Wonderland

Some things I've been able to catch up from the erratic subs:
  • The girls were surprised about the group name initially (duh). They had thought about names for the group by themselves, including "Thump Thump" and "DuDuDu" after which Sejeong addresses the crowd and says "Gugudan sounds nice now, right?" :lol:
  • Hana is voted the best dancer of the group. Sejeong unsurprisingly claims she's the worst because she's so slow at learning dances.
  • They said If they reach 5 million hearts, Sejeong says she'll (they'll?) perform Let It Go. Sadly showcase finished at about 3.8 million hearts, but maybe they'll do it later.
  • They sang a lot of the album songs, and also did a song from The Little Mermaid a cappella, which had some nice harmonies (they failed it once and restarted, though, haha...)
  • They did multiplication tables... seriously.
  • Plenty of awkward and God-tier aegyo. I love Nayoung's, she always seems like she's genuinely in pain while doing it.
  • They said they want to be a group that keeps everyone wondering what is coming next... here's hoping this is true, and we get something wildly different next time around.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:48:46 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

Show champion clips. Some silliness with a duck (arm wrestling and cleaning jokes, naturally), then a short version of Good Boy and Wonderland.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2016, 12:11:56 AM »

Wonderland & Diary @ Music Bank.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 01:57:32 AM »

We still haven't got IOI on Weekly Idol but first Dia and now Gugudan, at least. Maybe they want to do it this way... Pledis Girlz next? :P

1theK has a bunch of subbed Gugudan vids, here's Idol Arcade and the girls shooting hoops...

And the losers' punishment. :P

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 04:30:42 PM »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »
^ Ah, hilarious stuff. Hyeyeon's dance show, trot queens... and Sejeong piggybacking Defconn, dem muscles. :yep:

I love, love this... because one of my least favourite parts of Gugudan's debut is their stage outfits. The dance actually looks a lot better in casual wear.

Of course I'm always partial to casual wear in the first place, so... double win. Good times. :twothumbs

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2016, 10:20:46 PM »

Ah man, Sejeong was hilarious on Happy Together... best aegyo. :lol:

--

The whole ep was fun, the other guests were Sunny, Solji (Exid), Yerin (Gfriend), Chahee (MelodyDay) and Solbin (Laboum)... check the full ep with subs at:

http://ikshow.net/shows/happy-together/episode-461/

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 04:18:42 AM »

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 05:06:19 PM »

Sejeong solo for Jellybox produced by Zico. It was written on a show by Zico for Sejeong and Chaeyeon.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2016, 05:36:56 PM »

Sejeong finally in her element.

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2017, 06:49:21 AM »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2017, 01:43:31 AM »

Title track already sounds much better than their debut track

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »

Couple of teasers. I'm not expecting this to be amazing, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, at least.

--

http://bday.jphip.com/bday.php?categ=K-pop&group_tag=Gugudan

Gugudan now also in the birthday countdown. PM me groups you want to see added, or sign up to do it yourself.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:19:38 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 10:05:23 AM »

Hey yo this is actually pretty damn good after all. I think. Let's listen more.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2017, 10:25:39 AM »
Yep this is definitely better than their debut XD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2017, 09:14:11 PM »

Vertical lives, I dig them. Not because they're vertical, but because they're fun. :P

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ajisai AI Ai Monogatari