JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Hikizuru Beat

Author Topic: Official CFL Thread  (Read 92257 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official CFL Thread
« on: June 23, 2005, 09:41:52 AM »
OK. While we figure out where to get our football fix with NFL Europe finishing their season and we wait for the NFL training camp to begin, why not enjoy the 3 downs, 110 yard field version complete with midget QBs running for they lives?? It's ....

If you're lucky, you can see ex-NFL players like Andre Rison play! Season kicked off Wednesday. Who watches? What's your picks?

Links:

The NFL vs The CFL
The Official Site
Fantasy Games
Our Bombers
ESKS Fans

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 09:06:41 PM »
Well, the preseason games mean shit in the CFL.  There were a couple of times when a team that lost all of it's preseason games went all the way and won the Grey Cup!  I'll personally have to wait a couple of weeks, see how the teams and players are doing before I start making picks.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 07:20:26 AM »
Well, let me start off in this thread by saying that Khari Jones is washed up.  Ever since the baby was born a couple of years ago, its all gone downhill from there.  Now the Blue Bombers have to rebuild again this year, while former team leader/superstar Khari plays 3rd stringer in daigongtown.  I just hope we don't suck as bad as Hamilton did a couple of years ago, when they only won 1 game the whole season.  Go Blue!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
Well, let me start off in this thread by saying that Khari Jones is washed up

ROFL! Man...and to think we was gonna sign him a big 30 G contract or something. dude got released. how shitty is that!

That's the hilarious thing about the CFL. We got 45 year old QB's dominating the league - and any team can go from the worst team EVER to Grey Cup Champs.

We'll see how the Esks do against the Renegades tmr...whoever the QB is. :lol:

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 09:43:56 AM »
Fuckin' Blue Bombers.  Seriously, 42-15?  Ok, its still early I suppose, but still.  This is a far cry from the insanely close season we had in 2001.  Still a long way until Grey Cup!  Not like we're gonna get there anyway....

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 11:19:53 AM »
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
Fuckin' Blue Bombers.  Seriously, 42-15?  Ok, its still early I suppose, but still.  This is a far cry from the insanely close season we had in 2001.  Still a long way until Grey Cup!  Not like we're gonna get there anyway....

Yaw. Kevin Glenn looked brutal in that sloppy turf. Wait until my Esks  come to town, that'll be interesting hahaha!

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 07:47:27 PM »
That game was played in Regina, wasn't it?  I've heard of the new surface at the stadium in Winnipeg but I don't think it's been shown on TV yet.  But BOY did they suck major ass last night.  I mean, it's the fuckin' RoughRiders!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 05:26:47 AM »
i dunno man, i think saskatchewan will do well this year.

going slightly off-topic here, i was on the same flight as calvillo on a flight from montreal to los angeles back when he first joined the als.  luckily i was able to get his autograph 8) but i don't think many people recognized him.

speaking of which, i also remember being on a flight with the whole team going to toronto.  didn't get any autographs that time though, didn't recognize the players who were sitting around me :oops:

let's hope the als actually win the grey cup this year :roll:

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 07:18:16 AM »
We've had the new turf shit for a few years now, the Bombers players have said that it grips better while they're running, and they prefer it compared to the old astroturf.  KG's just gotta learn how the receivers think, get used to their patterns, and how NOT to rely on the defence, which has been magnificent in the past, but hasn't been as good the last couple of years.  Milt Stegall and Charles Roberts are fuckin' amazing, and once they get that chemistry together with Kevin Glenn, ooh, look out.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 10:44:34 AM »
ROFL ohbahsan - no Americans would give a fuck about CFL players.

Yeah - Saskatchewan had massive thunderstorms that nite. they should put that grass-like turf they have at Skydome ERR Rogers Centre now...wonder how that'll last in November  :lol:

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 08:42:11 AM »
Fuck, now as if Kevin Glenn wasn't new enough, he gets hurt and can't play against the Esks for the home opener on Thursday.  Now we have second stringer Tee Martin to start?  Who the fuck is that?  Oh, he's one of the non-caucasion quarterback rookies we've got.  There's only, THREE of them!  Four QBs!!  WTF?  Where's all the money going?  Supporting Khari's kid or something?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 11:22:57 AM »
Really? Shit. Who knew the Esks would be so dominant this year. Sorry bro, we're gonna kill you on Thurs. ROFL

I saw Khari on OTR the other day - dude is just pathetic! Babysitting, Bombers should call him up!

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 10:27:44 PM »
He should probably just retire and become a QB coach or something.

And I'm ALWAYS gonna call it the Skydome. Fuck that Rogers Centre shit name.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 07:17:02 AM »
Retire?  He's only 34.  You know what that means - he's got another 20 years left of CFL left in his career!   :lol:

Man, and I can't stand those nasty ass uniforms either!  Damn you, Reebok!  Damn you!!!!!  Oh well, they'll help keep me distracted from the whoopin' the Eskies are gonna smack down on us tomorrow.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 06:43:47 PM »
Holy fuck, 27-8.  First time the Esks have won at Canad Inns Stadium since August 13, 1999.  Not really something to be proud of if you're a Blue Bombers fan.

Happy Canada Day, we suck! :canada:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2005, 11:00:46 AM »
Aw man, Tee Martin wasn't that bad. Dude's got potential!!  :D

The best Canada Day game was how the Rough Riders ERRRR Renegades came back and beat Montreal. SUCK IT Don!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2005, 08:45:49 PM »
ARRGGHHH!!! Eskies just let one slip away...letting that midget Ezra Landry dominate  :evil:

nothing feels worse than losing on a field goal with POINT 2 left! Or maybe when your reliable kicker misses 2 easy tries. or the dropped passes? Damn Als. Media loves em so.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 08:35:31 AM »
Whoa. Eskies sucked so bad yet Sean Flemmng actually made a field goal (he missed like what, 4 on the nite!) vs The Bombers. 3-1 yet they are so banged up.

Don't worry Kuno_Thunder, Kevin Glenn is ready to play!! AGAINST THE ALS!  :lol:

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 07:00:27 PM »
Man, that's gonna be a homegame too.  I haven't been keeping up lately cuz the Blue suck cock this year.  Not that I don't have any faith in KG or anything, but he hasn't proven a thing in the regular season!

Gawd, and those ugly ass uniforms too!  Our looks like the Saints' unis from the NFL - too much two tone. :bleed eyes:

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Official CFL Thread
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 06:30:58 AM »
Take THAT Mon-fuckin'-treal Allou-fuckin'-ettes!!!  Tee Mart and the boys prevail in Canad Inns STADIUM!!!!!1111ONELEVEN!!!!  Scoring 51 points in this game, they were just short of the total points they've already scored all fuckin' season!  The past 4 games the Blue have only scored 52 points!!!

Oh, and Charles Roberts, the Player of the Game, with 44% of fan voters.  And how about the CRUSHING hit on Ben Cahoun?  Holy shit!!!  I was thinking this was gonna be like the season that Saskatchewan had a few years ago where they only won one game, but hey!  Beating Montreal is a DAMN good sign!!!

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Hikizuru Beat