JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tsubaki Factory - HITORIJIME

Author Topic: Ice-Skating is underrated...  (Read 24759 times)

Offline fuyu yume

• 笑っちゃおう
  • Member+
Ice-Skating is underrated...
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:37:31 AM »
Are there any figure skaters here?

Come on. You know skating is kick ass.
:kickass:
I'm keeping this here until she is COMPLETELY BACK!!

Offline randomness

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:30:54 AM »
i dont figure skate, but i love ice skating. me and my buddies go down to our local rink once and a while, its mad fun. i'm so glad i rollerblade though, got me a head start on the whole thing (all my friends are newbies!)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:19:55 AM »
I watch it from time to time. If you can watch it without thinking "this is gay" you see that it is indeed a great demonstration of athleticism mixed with musical artistry. To any naysayers I'd often say, "Let's see you try try spinning at a rate of 100+ RPM on a blade that's the width of a nickel and not get dizzy."

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 04:39:29 AM »
I went skating once when I was in middle school. It sucked because three of my friends who were hockey players kept messin' with me and another friend who couldn't skate.:lol:

I've seen a few skating events. Some of the stuff people do is cool lookin', but I got annoyed the last time I saw it because there was this guy who I guess was supposed to be the "Bad Boy" of figure skating. His skating seemed good, but the interview bit he did was lame, so I turned it off.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 12:06:37 AM »
I like watching ice skating. The girls are so fine and elegant too ;) The guys are freaking beasts! It is amazing how they can spin the way they do.

Offline aznangelx14

• ecchi
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
i luv to ice skate but me and ma frnz do it onli once in a while cuz da rink is realli far from us sigh...

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 07:41:27 PM »
i love to watch it but i'm as talented with sports as ... someone thats not good at something.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 10:03:16 PM »
Hot girls in skin-tight tops and miniskirts showing off their panties.... what's not to like about figureskating?  :P

Michelle Trinh:

Miki Andoh FTW:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 04:00:06 AM »
Quote from: chera;304399
Miki Andoh FTW:

Just an FYI, that's not Ando Miki. That's Arakawa Shizuka that won the Olympic Gold in Torino. :heart:

Offline meltay789

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 04:29:07 AM »
ice-skating is coolz....they look like their flying on ice

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 10:17:49 PM »
I'm an Ando Miki fan actually, I tried to catch as much ice-skating on ESPN as I can...but there's no way I can sit through and watch the men's comp, or ice dancing.

Offline zodiac12

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
i love to watch it but i'm as talented with sports as ... someone thats not good at something.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 04:50:23 PM »
I ice-skate from time to time at the mall, just for fun, but never anything serious XD

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 04:05:11 AM »
I prefer Mao to Miki Ando though

Btw Ando Miki's nickname is Mikity as well

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »
Wooooo Ando Miki! When is the next time shes on tv?

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »
playing hockey is ftw

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Ice-Skating is underrated...
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 11:59:54 PM »
So, KT and I went to watch the STARS ON ICE show this past Thursday. It was Brian Orser's farewell tour, and since we've been fans of his for a while we wanted to go see him one more time.  I had debated whether or not I would bring my camera with me, as the lighting and nature of figure skating shows were such that pic quality would be questionable at best unless you had a flash. Combine that with the fact that during shows like these, the people in charge often forbid flash photography while the skaters perform as it can be disorienting to them, which can be dangerous when you're skating around and jumping and spinning and all that. In the end I chose to bring it anyway, in the off-chance that there might be an autograph session later on after the show (which, the ended up not happening, btw).

Anyway when we got there I bought the booklet thing with the tour stats and cast member info. It also included a printout that listed who would be skating what programs and when. Now the cast list had the usual veterans who had been a part of the tour for a few years. However, as KT and I scanned it, THIS definitely caught our attention.

That's right! HOLY FUCKIN HELL ANDO MIKI was skating in the show!!! Not only that, but she'd be skating to Mikazuki!!! Granted, KT and I figured it would be the english version, but still...THE OTHER MIKITTY WAS IN PEG SHEETY!!!

Almost instantly, my thoughts turned to me camera (thanking Miki-sama that I chose to bring it), and the realization that...OH RIGHT! My camera can take video too!!! Therefore, here you go folks. KT and I were sitting about 100 metres from ice level (damn good seats, considering ice-level seats had been pre-sold). My camera takes videos in a raw, uncompressed AVI format, so Ando's 4 minute program ended up being over 300MB. :o  I've therefore used VDub to compress the video to be Xvid encoded so that it should be more manageable for everyone to DL it.  The video quality isn't the best (pardon my shaky hands at certain moments, I was just giddy :D), but the good acoustics at the MTS Centre make up for it. The file is up on my DivShare account, so it shouldn't expire unless I remove it myself from my account there.

[DL DivS] AndoMikiPegSheety[20070412](Xvid480x360).avi

Offline xtree

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 07:16:28 AM »
i think ice skatin will get more attention now htat blades of glory is out

Offline vicmu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 09:46:53 PM »
i can only watch ice skating during the winter olympics.
although blades of glory did make me want to go skating right afterwards.

Offline freakz

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 05:10:05 PM »
i just can do skating a little.
but when i wathced that movie...... imagining that i can do like that..... probably when.........  ;) ;)
good video......

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tsubaki Factory - HITORIJIME